Thread: Elite Four Order

Default Elite Four Order

Generation V introduced the concept of letting you fight the Elite Four in any order you wanted.
    So, in what order do YOU battle the Unova Elite Four?
    (You can answer for BW1 and/or BW2 - this thread’s just in the BW2 forum because it has fewer active threads :p)

On my Gen V games, my usual order for battling the E4 is:
    1. Marshal
    2. Caitlin
    3. Grimsley
    4. Shauntal
    I usually fight Marshal first because he’s the one that often gives me the most trouble (mostly due to Sawk’s Sturdy). Then, I just continue going in counter-clockwise order since that’s the most convenient for me.
    ~ * * ~

Most of the time I didn't battle them in any special order that I would always go with. Instead, I started with the one I believed I will find the easiest with the team I used, and then continued from there, ending with the one I thought would be the hardest. I always did this when challenging them the first time in all my games as well as when I was on my quest to get all the Challenge Medals in Black 2 & White 2.

Regarding the first time I battled the E4 in each game, I had written them down for all games except Black and went back to check what the order was, might as well post them.

Black: Not recorded, unfortunately
    White: Marshal, Caitlin, Shauntal, Grimsley
    Black 2: Marshal, Shauntal, Caitlin, Grimsley
    White 2: Caitlin, Shauntal, Grimsley, Marshal

In White 2, I usually go in this order: Grimsley > Shauntal > Caitlin > Marshal. I often switched between Grimsley and Shauntal, but Marshal is almost always the last Unova Elite Four member that I face since he's always annoying to beat in my personal experience. Same goes for when I challenge the E4 in Black/White.

I usually always fight them in clockwise order so for me it would be

Shauntal, Grimsley, Caitlin, Marshal.

It just feels natural to me.

I usually fight Caitlin first,because my team usually has enough coverage for her Pokemon.Second is usually Shauntal,third is Grimsley,and the last is Marshal,because his team tends to give my Pokemon the most trouble and Sturdy Sawk is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    I usually always fight them in clockwise order so for me it would be

It just feels natural to me.
    I'm the same way, and maybe it's kind of boring of me, but I also fight them in clockwise order. Not only does it feel right, but after so many times of beating them (especially in White 2 to get all the medals), any other way just feels awkward for me.
    "Be yourself and no regrets... that's our motto!"
    [+-][+-]
    ---[+-]
    --[+-]
    [+-][+-]apto369

In Soviet Russia, Pokemon claim you!

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

If you enjoy poetry, check out this book by rising author, and good friend, James W. A. "In the Library" is told in an epic narrative format and contains dark thematic material that teaches multiple lessons about pain, coping, madness, and the human condition. Check it out at thejameswa.com !

For me, it depends. On W2, I only did the league twice, and IDR what they were. In W1, I always led against Grimsley, then Marshall, Shauntal and Caitlin in whichever order I feel like. Or whatever move Volcarona had more PP on. Seeing as I read the, 'How to destroy the BW league with Volcarona', I pretty much ran the E4 down about 25 times with it.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    VO points: 13.
    PASBL: TL1, 26 TP, 0 SP, 8 KOs.
    Team info here.

I usually go from left to right.

-Credit to Skarm™-
    ΩR

I normally did it in this order for the first B/W games.

Grimsley
    Shauntal
    Catilin
    Marshal

B2/W2
    Shauntal
    Catilin
    Grimsley
    Marshal
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Baking Soda I got Baking Soda

I usually Battle them in the Order of Marshall, Caitlin, Grimsley, Shauntal.

Mainly just brcause it means I get rising difficulty in between due to Type Matchups.

I usually go:
    Shauntal, Grimsley, Caitlin, and Marshall.
    It's how I've been battling them, and I usually feel most comfortable fighting them in that order.
    My FC is 3136-7747-4882.
    My Friend Safari is a Water type with , , and .

I went from left to right. I'm not very creative, so I just went with what's easier. xD Marshall was always the hardest one for me to beat, so I guess I saved the difficulty battle for last...

♡ CultureShockShipping | GlobalAppealShipping | IronWillShipping | MidsummerNightShipping | SignOfWarmthShipping ♡

When I played Black 2, I went by who, I thought, was going to the most difficult one to defeat first. So the order I went with was Marshal, Caitlin, Shauntal, and Grimsley last. I had a tough time beating Marshal in Black so that's why I went with him first. He ended up being a pushover. The toughest one for me was Shauntal so I kind of wished I went with her first.

I went with Shauntal, Marshal, Grimsley and then Caitlin. I dunno, it feels right that way. I didn't really think of who's gonna be easier or harder for me to fight.

"There are no coincidences in this world."

"There is only the inevitable"

Back after 7 years of not posting in the forums.

Mostly it depends on my party and which Pokemon I'm trying to train. when I'm just doing it for fun I usually go clockwise like some of the other members.

Which is interestingly enough in the exact order from my favorite Unova E4 member to my least favorite.

Dipper used Flash! Mabel's accuracy fell! Stan's accuracy fell!
    Claimed December 30th, 2014

I pretty much always fought Shauntal, Grimsley, Marshal, and Caitlin in that order.

Aw, man... um... I think in White, it was Shauntal, Grimsley, Caitlin, and Marshal. I believe it was roughly the same in Black 2, I just switched Grimsley and Marshal.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%

I always battle Caitlin last, as she is, to me, the most significant. The order usually goes: Shauntal, Grimsley, Marshal, Caitlin.
    LILYCOVE CITY GYM
    Please leave feedback on my gym via PM, if you'd like. I want to make sure people are truly enjoying it.

I found Caitlin to be the easiest, so she was always first. Then Shauntal, Grimsley and Marshal at the end since I found him the hardest to beat.
    Favorite mons: