Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [CIO] Discussion Thread

Good stuff Sam! Heh ...

War's Dark Army - The strongest, baddest, Pokemon around. [Credit: The Awesome *Jean Grey*]

How about a Volcano?

Banner by the illustrious Avenger Angel

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

Ah yes, a volcano. Makes me think of lavawalking like how one walks on water.

Volcano
    - Rock Golem
    - Lava Slime
    - Lava Golem
    - Salamander
    - Red Dragon
    Please help my dragons

I'd like a pyramid-type dungeon myself. XD With...scarabs, mummies, undead robbers, undead priests and booby-traps (how one gets trapped in one depends on RNG) and the like. XD At least the bosses would be pretty easy to think of for that...think Ra or Osiris or even Anubis. XD Probably an encounterable dungeon in the middle of the desert? XD This can be one of those dungeons when healing a foe instead causes damage, and dark-element moves heal. XD Y'know, as a curveball as not to relegate healers to just...healing. XD

I also thought of an item list with prices for an early-game potion shop, so that people won't get confused. XD

Potions
    Lesser Healing Potion - 5g
    Basic Healing Potion - 9g
    Healing Potion - 13g
    Antidote - 7g
    Holy Water - 9g
    Basic Mana Potion - 8g
    Mana Potion - 14g
    Elixir - 25g

These are the more expensive but more effective choice. XD Holy Water removes "Curse" status, Mana Potions are for those who use offensive spells, healing, buffs and debuffs. Obviously, offensive spells tend to drain more mana than the other 3, so offensive casters will more likely use Mana Potions over the cheaper but less effective Water. As this is for early-game, probably until the next town, higher-tier stuff won't be available yet.

Food
    Tomato - 4g
    Lemon - 7g
    Cheese - 11g
    Water - 6g

Less expensive but less effective choice and is often subject to a character's food likes and dislikes, which makes them less universal. Tomato, Lemon and Cheese have similar effects to the three potions, however, they are less effective, healing a smaller amount, which is why they're cheaper. They're better for classes with lower HP. Water is like a Mana Potion but heals less. This one is probably ideal for melee classes who do not use magic as much. No matter what you do...Nightshade will not consume the <<Cheese>> item.

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Looks good Jean. No Cheese for Nightshade hu? Apparently she loves her tomatoes though.

War's Dark Army - The strongest, baddest, Pokemon around. [Credit: The Awesome *Jean Grey*]

Yeah, come on, she's Italian...she can't hate tomatoes! XD

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

I'll try and get a post up soon, I've just been a bit busy with Christmas shopping and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by *Jean Grey* View Post
    Yeah, come on, she's Italian...she can't hate tomatoes! XD
    Yet she can hate cheese, which just about every Italian dish contains.

I'd suggest a pet shop of some sort. For those that want an animal companion and are willing to spend the gold for it. Obviously, there are certain animals that can't be purchased, and can only be tamed by a Beastmaster/Tamer/whatever you call it.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Heh, every weird hater can only hate one thing...not two exceedingly common things. Otherwise, she'd be stuck eating British scones and strange, tasteless food. XD

@ Food Guy - that's what I'll be doing today.

@ Mon - I like the idea, for smaller pets of course, that way beast tamers are unique in that they can access the more powerful monsters.

@ Jean - That is funny considering what Mon said and is mostly true that Italian food has plenty of cheese. But leave it to Nightshade, right?

Aries can't cook. There. I said it.

Heh, yes. One common ingredient is enough...two is overkill. XD She'd be stuck eating Iggy's lethal scones if she hated both tomatoes and cheese. XD Thankfully though, Lovina loves tomatoes...though her favorite food is probably gelato ice cream. XD You guys better try to make Lovina less harsh...she cooks. BTW, just because she hates cheese doesn't mean that she won't cook with cheese. She just won't eat it. XD

Soo I'll ask this now. If you "die" in this game, do you die for real, or just respawn at an inn with half your money missing?

And do you actually feel pain when you get hurt in this game?
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

@ Mon - You respawn back on the city square. You do not feel pain.

I also thought that we actually died like in SAO.

Say, I'm planning on a third character. He will have an odd ability known as <<The Fool>>. I call it the Joker class.
    He is able to mimic up to four skills or attacks at a go, be it monster or player. However, once he uses a move 10 whole times, he will finally lose the attack until he mimics it again, or he can use his now-empty slot to mimic a new skill.

Of course, he has a basic attack, and its enhanced version. And he starts off with only 1 mimicry spot, and gaining more as he levels up, along with other spells involving wildcards.

Just to check. He does sound a little overpowered...

While he can mimic class-exclusive weapons and spells, he is unable to directly learn it from a spellshop or weapons shop.
    Last edited by Samantha Sparks; 14th December 2012 at 3:50 PM.
    Please help my dragons

Yea, if it sounds overpowered even to you, it usually is. In this case, I have to say, it seems pretty overpowered even with the limitation. It's almost like shape shifting into monsters, which is another overpowered ability.

Maybe Chaos can tone it down enough. What say you Chaos?

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

@ Samantha - Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The game may seem sandbox but I have plenty of plot prepared, I'm simply waiting on everyone to get a post in and get the feel of how the game will work.

I agree with bron, the character sounds OP. The main reason being he'd be godly in the sense that would be able to replace any character. I'm still working out with Jean how we're setting up the skill tree so I want you all to know we will have specific skill slots. That way we don't OP.

Hello all, name's Delta. I'm honored to be joining all of you for this RP. Jean, Chaos, if you need help with the skill trees, just ask me. Most of my RPG experience comes from DnD though, but it's a rich place for good ideas and skills.
    Current Fan fiction projects:

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

A MLP fan fiction in the works

A God Eater Burst fan fiction still in planning

Thanks Delta, I'll surely keep that in mind. I'm actually a DnD fan myself.

Just finished up my third SU, post with Red Athena coming up and later today I'll make edits to the front page post with more info. I'll also be posting a LvL Up message soon.

Heh, delta thinks you can take damage in town. Lol, that means that person can't get nearly as mad at his character, and certainly wouldn't chase her.

Chaos you do mean skill trees for passive skills? Cause everybody having the same exact skills sounds pretty underwhelming and bland.

For those of you interested in Duel, when engaged, to win this requires dropping your opponent's HP to 1. I'll add more details on the front page along with other edits I need to make. I'm currently in a middle of a post though.

I don't mean preset skill trees, what I mean is more like guidelines for how many slots you can have according to your level. You will be free to fill out said slots however you desire so long as you keep it based on your class. Jean and I will make suggestions if we feel anyone if OPing their character.

We are in the process of designing a 'template'.

So to answer your question, everyone should end up with unique skills.

Thanks for the patience everyone.

Ah, I see, thanks for clarifying that.

I hope somebody corrects delta on the damage thing, cause as of now his post is pretty messed up. Maybe DVB can work around that.

I got the message, I just don't have time at the moment to fix it. I'll fix it at some point today, don't worry about that
    Current Fan fiction projects:

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

A MLP fan fiction in the works

A God Eater Burst fan fiction still in planning

@ Delta ~ Hey no worries. Just a suggestion so you don't have to edit much, an accidental duel should be easily added in to keep what you intend to see happen.

If it's a duel though, wouldn't that mean nobody can help her? In most games I've played, health bars change color during a duel and nobody can help the dueling players until a winner is decided or somebody steps out of bounds for the duel arena.

For the RP it will be as simple as [Accepting] to begin a duel. Someone can step in and while they cannot fight without it being a 2 v 1 in the first place, they might speak up and say it was a misunderstanding or something along those lines. There is a [Forfeit] option so that can always help. Of course, you lose the duel. In any case, I want people to have some liberties. While it is an MMO, the game is VR so that should give people a bit more movement.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast