Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dream team creations...!

Thumbs up Dream team creations...!

hey there guys quiet new here so ya know i neede some help for creating a good team.....

IT'S A FULL OUT OFFENCIVE STRATAGY....!!
    here's how it goes
    1.]empoleon
    -surf
    -ice beam
    -signal beam
    -need a move here
    2.]beautifly
    -bug buzz
    -psychic
    -shadow ball
    -energy ball
    3.]infernape
    -close combat
    -shadow claw
    -overheat
    -focus punch

p.s since this team is battle tower i'm thinking onn going all out offensive
    please suggest me held items,ev's and natures,

any other changes would be gladly appreciated please pm me with the same thank you v.much!!

REPLACING ANY POKEMON WOULD BE GLADLY ACCEPTED......!!
    Last edited by Lt. BLEU™; 14th December 2012 at 4:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bleuumbreon View Post
    1.]empoleon
    Modest Nature
    -surf
    -ice beam
    -signal beam
    Flash Cannon

2.]beautifly
    Modest/Timid Nature
    -bug buzz
    -Air Cutter
    -shadow ball
    -energy ball

3.]infernape
    Hasty/Naive Nature
    -close combat
    -shadow claw
    -overheat
    -Rock Slide/Thunderpunch
    Good luck using Beautifly in the Battle Tower

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    good luck using beautifly in the battle tower
    thank you very much mate.....!!!

If you want a tougher bug flying pokemon which can hit hard specially try out yanmega, firstly it has higher special attack I think and also the abilities that it gets are just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosez66 View Post
    If you want a tougher bug flying pokemon which can hit hard specially try out yanmega, firstly it has higher special attack I think and also the abilities that it gets are just amazing.
    hmm.......YANMEGA.....I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT IT......ALSO COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH SOME ITEMS THAT I SHOULD GIVE MY POKEMONS TO HOLD....!!

How does this one look?
    Venomoth
    -bug buzz
    -psychic
    -signal beam
    -sludge bomb
    ??

Empoleon should use Agility in somewhere. EV's should be 156 Hp / 252 SpA / 92 Spe ; since after one Agility you outspeed most Base 110's and lower.

As said , Yanmega is better.

Yanmega @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
    • Timid
    • Tinted Lens / Speed Boost
    • 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Bug Buzz
    - Shadow Ball
    - Air Slash
    - Hp [Ground] / Hypnosis

You have two Ability's to choose from here , but on a Specs set Tinited Lens is better since you still hit everything for neutral damage atleast.
    sohryu is giving me a banner

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    Empoleon should use Agility in somewhere. EV's should be 156 Hp / 252 SpA / 92 Spe ; since after one Agility you outspeed most Base 110's and lower.

As said , Yanmega is better.

Yanmega @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
    • Timid
    • Tinted Lens / Speed Boost
    - Bug Buzz
    - Shadow Ball
    - Air Slash
    - Hp [Ground] / Hypnosis

You have two Ability's to choose from here , but on a Specs set Tinited Lens is better since you still hit everything for neutral damage atleast.
    hmm.....so yanmega it is then.......
    thank you very much....!!!(^_^)

Also you may want to try out starmie instead of empleon as starmie has higher base sp. Atk and higher base speed And it can learn the bolt beam combo. Although it doesn't have the same defences as empleon it has access to recover which is better in some ways if your interested I will post a detailed description later.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosez66 View Post
    Also you may want to try out starmie instead of empleon as starmie has higher base sp. Atk and higher base speed And it can learn the bolt beam combo. Although it doesn't have the same defences as empleon it has access to recover which is better in some ways if your interested I will post a detailed description later.
    sure does sound good.......please if ya could gimmie the discription.........(^_^)

Ok. Well. It has been been a while since I last used a starmie, well any water type as I don't use my rain dance team anymore but a good moveset and such would be the following. -

Starmie, timid- the reasoning for this is to pack a bit extra speed
    Life orb- extra oomph and the recoil can be recovered of so no worries that is if you can take a hit.
    252 Sp.Atk 252.speed 4.Hp
    I'm not fully sure about the ability of starmie although take aloof on this website for the ability.
    The moveset should include
    Thunderbolt and ice beam for amazing coverage these two together can hit most pokemon for at least neuter all damage and that will be useful in the battle tower in particular.
    Physcic to cover the fighting, ghost, poison types for super effective damage.
    Ether a choice of recover for the healing, signal beam (?) I think it can learn it because if it can it would have great coverage against dark and physcic types, or if it can't then just throw hydro pump onto it for high powered with STAB coming from a high special Atk.

Anyway hope I have helped. And good luck

• Starmie @ Life Orb
    • Timid
    • Natural Cure
    - Surf / Hydro Pump
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover / Psychic

Pretty straightforward set. Hydro Pump offers more power , but less accuracy than Surf. Recover is useful for healing off LO damage.

If you have Empoleon and Infernape, why don't put Torterra in Beautifly's place? Anyways, I would take that bug out and put another Pokemon, it's serious. Any Pokemon that total base stats are below 500 aren't suggested to use at Battle Tower. Being Empoleon your special sweeper, and Infernape the physical sweeper, I would add an annoying Pokemon in this team.

Empoleon
    Nature: Modest (+ S Atk, -Atk)
    Moveset:
    -Surf/Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam/Signal Beam
    -Signal Beam
    -Flash Cannon
    Item: Mystic Water, Nevermeltice, Silver Powder or Metal Coat
    EVs: 252 Special Attack, 126 Defense, 126 Special Defense, 4 HP

Despite being a mixed sweeper, this Empoleon will be grown to become a special sweeper. EV training is very important. Though with Special Attack maximized, some foe opponents are supposed to resist to this moveset, like Blissey and Snorlax, for example.

Infernape
    Nature: Adamant (+ Atk, -Sp Atk)
    Moveset:
    -Flare Blitz
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge/Shadow Claw
    -Swords Dance
    Item: Charcoal, Hard Stone, Black Belt, Leftovers, Shell Bell
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Defense

While Empoleon is your special sweeper, Infernape will be your physical sweeper. Infernape goes for speed, that's why half of its EV are focused on Speed and the other half on Attack. One Swords Dance and your power base moves will be strong enough to knock out most of opponents in one hit (considering you'll cause a normal damage).

Dusknoir
    Nature: Careful (+ Def, - Sp Atk)
    Moveset:
    -Confuse Ray
    -Protect
    -Toxic/Curse
    -Double Team
    Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Defense, 252 Special Defense, 4 HP

Man, I defeat lots of trainers at Battle Frontier in Emerald with Dusclops, it should be a lot easier with Dusknoir in Platinum. You should start using Double Team before causing confusion, and Protect sometimes if recovering HP was needed. Then, when you evasiveness rasies a bit, then use Toxic/Curse. Toxic will not hit poison, steel and immunity foes, and Curse may put you in serious risk. However, Curse will not be a problem if your evasion has raisen up and if you keep using Protect. Have in mind that while foe fails on its moves, Dusknoir's Pressure ability will still in effect making it spends an extra PP everytime it attacks. Since you intend to use this team in tower of battles, it's not a problem the fact this Dusnkoir will use lots of PP to sucessfully faint foes because HP and PP are fully restored after each battle.

Just a quick note although evasion and confusion is fantastic and all the battle tower has serious HAX. I mean in the third round my quagsire was flinched three times and was critical hit two times by rock slide. And I know that the evasion won't do as much good asa you might think in the battle tower especially in later rounds. So that strategy with dusknoir is almost out of the question. Although you could replace double team with a priority move like shadow sneak to quickly finish of a weakened opponent.

Looks like this team is all about OFFENSIVE!!
    Just a side note: while this works, doesn't expect to go much far. I just got a poor streak of 100 with a OFFENSIVE team. For BT i prefer the old strategic team
    That's all up to you, though. But if you'll want to go far, i would sugges AT LEAST something with that deal with hax. Hax can end a good team in 3 minutes, and believe me, its annoying, the far you'll go, more Hax come.

By the way, don't know why, but i like his Dusknoir set, it *can* be effective if he's the lead, otherwise, i wouldn't suggest. But i wouldn't suggest Yanmega, either.

Anyway, good luck on BT
    And follow Aura SensaiSets <hehe
    The Black Mages!

Thanks to Flower Paradise Graphics for the awesome Banner and the Profile Picture!

Quote Originally Posted by TanBun View Post
    No. i don't nickname them. looks idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    You've GOT to nickname your Pokemon. They're your bros. In arms. In combat. In friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical jackal View Post
    if you have empoleon and infernape, why don't put torterra in beautifly's place? Anyways, i would take that bug out and put another pokemon, it's serious. Any pokemon that total base stats are below 500 aren't suggested to use at battle tower. Being empoleon your special sweeper, and infernape the physical sweeper, i would add an annoying pokemon in this team.

empoleon
    nature: Modest (+ s atk, -atk)
    moveset:
    -surf/hydro pump
    -ice beam/signal beam
    -signal beam
    -flash cannon
    item: Mystic water, nevermeltice, silver powder or metal coat
    evs: 252 special attack, 126 defense, 126 special defense, 4 hp

despite being a mixed sweeper, this empoleon will be grown to become a special sweeper. Ev training is very important. Though with special attack maximized, some foe opponents are supposed to resist to this moveset, like blissey and snorlax, for example.

infernape
    nature: Adamant (+ atk, -sp atk)
    moveset:
    -flare blitz
    -close combat
    -stone edge/shadow claw
    -swords dance
    item: Charcoal, hard stone, black belt, leftovers, shell bell
    evs: 252 speed, 252 attack, 4 defense

while empoleon is your special sweeper, infernape will be your physical sweeper. Infernape goes for speed, that's why half of its ev are focused on speed and the other half on attack. One swords dance and your power base moves will be strong enough to knock out most of opponents in one hit (considering you'll cause a normal damage).

dusknoir
    nature: Careful (+ def, - sp atk)
    moveset:
    -confuse ray
    -protect
    -toxic/curse
    -double team
    item: Leftovers
    evs: 252 defense, 252 special defense, 4 hp

man, i defeat lots of trainers at battle frontier in emerald with dusclops, it should be a lot easier with dusknoir in platinum. You should start using double team before causing confusion, and protect sometimes if recovering hp was needed. Then, when you evasiveness rasies a bit, then use toxic/curse. Toxic will not hit poison, steel and immunity foes, and curse may put you in serious risk. However, curse will not be a problem if your evasion has raisen up and if you keep using protect. Have in mind that while foe fails on its moves, dusknoir's pressure ability will still in effect making it spends an extra pp everytime it attacks. Since you intend to use this team in tower of battles, it's not a problem the fact this dusnkoir will use lots of pp to sucessfully faint foes because hp and pp are fully restored after each battle.
    mahn this team sure pulled some screws outta my head it's awesome......but then ya know i've made my team after lookin' up at palmer's team........!!

Quote Originally Posted by ana_julía View Post
    looks like this team is all about offensive!!
    Just a side note: While this works, doesn't expect to go much far. I just got a poor streak of 100 with a offensive team. For bt i prefer the old strategic team
    that's all up to you, though. But if you'll want to go far, i would sugges at least something with that deal with hax. Hax can end a good team in 3 minutes, and believe me, its annoying, the far you'll go, more hax come.

By the way, don't know why, but i like his dusknoir set, it *can* be effective if he's the lead, otherwise, i wouldn't suggest. But i wouldn't suggest yanmega, either.

Anyway, good luck on bt
    and follow aura sensaisets <hehe
    umm.......woahkay and wat is "hax.....??"

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bleuumbreon View Post
    mahn this team sure pulled some screws outta my head it's awesome......but then ya know i've made my team after lookin' up at palmer's team........!!
    Man, the team was built by you, I just suggested moves, EV and items as you asked.
    I took Beautifly out because it is very crappy to be taken to a tower of battle.

So, you have a balanced trio:

Infernape - physical sweeper

Empoleon - special sweeper

Dusknoir - staller
    Last edited by Pogaymon; 18th December 2012 at 1:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    Man, the team was built by you, I just suggested moves, EV and items as you asked.
    I took Beautifly out because it is very crappy to be taken to a tower of battle.

So, you have a balanced trio:

Infernape - physical sweeper

Empoleon - special sweeper

Dusknoir - staller
    so.......is there some other good staller that might be used cuz i may not get a dusknoir......since it requires trade and i have a single ds and no good wi-fi connection at the very moment for atleast another month.....

Heatran makes a very good Staller , but it may require SRing to get a good one.

• Heatran @ Leftovers
    • Calm
    • Flash Fire
    • 244 Hp / 66 SpD / 200 Spe
    - Lava Plume
    - Toxic
    - Protect
    - Substitute

All pretty standard. The EV's allow you enough to outspeed Max Speed Breloom , which although not seeming much of a threat can put you to Sleep and setup / kill you with a Fighting Move.

In that case , you should replace Infernape , since Heatran and Infernape together aren't very good.

• Salamence @ Lum Berry
    • Lonely
    • Intimidate
    • 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    - Dragon Claw / Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Dance
    - Fire Blast

EV's allow for Porygon-2 not to get a SpA boost and the rest is standard. Fire Blast is useful for beating Skarmory if Salamence is setup and you don't want to switch to Heatran.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    Heatran makes a very good Staller , but it may require SRing to get a good one.

• Heatran @ Leftovers
    • Calm
    • Flash Fire
    • 244 Hp / 66 SpD / 200 Spe
    - Lava Plume
    - Toxic
    - Protect
    - Substitute

All pretty standard. The EV's allow you enough to outspeed Max Speed Breloom , which although not seeming much of a threat can put you to Sleep and setup / kill you with a Fighting Move.

In that case , you should replace Infernape , since Heatran and Infernape together aren't very good.

• Salamence @ Lum Berry
    • Lonely
    • Intimidate
    • 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    - Dragon Claw / Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Dance
    - Fire Blast hmm......how about replace this move with flame thrower??for better accuracy??

EV's allow for Porygon-2 not to get a SpA boost and the rest is standard. Fire Blast is useful for beating Skarmory if Salamence is setup and you don't want to switch to Heatran.
    wouldn't it be good enough??

Hhahaha bro good on ya using beautifly ay, i think its an underestimated poke >.<

But perhaps equip it with a "stunning" move set
    perhaps

@focus sash
    Toxic
    protect
    giga drain
    and or bug buzz?

I recon it might be worth having a look at a timid venomoth though, because with sleep powder it can be pretty useful.
    Though this little butterfly is hard to work with ay, you might be able to pull it of in the right situation ay
    Last edited by Celestial Moth; 22nd December 2012 at 6:22 AM.
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

Quote Originally Posted by celestial moth View Post
    hhahaha bro good on ya using beautifly ay, i think its an underestimated poke >.<

but perhaps equip it with a "stunning" move set
    perhaps

@focus sash
    toxic
    protect
    giga drain
    and or bug buzz?

I recon it might be worth having a look at a timid venomoth though, because with sleep powder it can be pretty useful.
    Though this little butterfly is hard to work with ay, you might be able to pull it of in the right situation ay
    yep i do love bugzz.....specially those which can toxicate the opponent....(almost all can do that though..!!)

Flamethrower dosen't have enough Power like Fire Blast does , and besides , you'll rarely use it anyways , so the Power is better.

Quote Originally Posted by aura sensai View Post
    flamethrower dosen't have enough power like fire blast does , and besides , you'll rarely use it anyways , so the power is better.
    hmm....yep u've got a point...!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast