Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Strong Strategy Steals the Show! (767)

Ash: "I though he's use Sawk!" *pulls out Pokedex*

Isn't this like...the third time he's scanned it? I might go back, and check but are the descriptions of the Pokemon the same thing everytime? Also was this the first time Facade was used and explained in the anime?

Iris: *sigh* "Watching today's battle made me reconsider him a bit....but he's still a child."

Lol, the madness won't end. I guess Ash just goes through relapses in her perception huh? XP

After seeing the subs it looks like Ash really was ready to beat Stephan. He had Krookodile hide Aerial Ace until Sawk came out, used Palpitoad for type advantage and trained Leavanny in speed to take on hard hitters like Sawk. It was better that Ash didn't use Unfezant because Stephan would have seen Aerial Ace coming a mile away.
    Last edited by J Ken; 4th February 2013 at 3:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    After seeing the subs looks like Ash really was ready to beat Stephan. He had Krookodile hide Aerial Ace until Sawk came out and trained Leavanny in speed to take on hard hitters like Sawk.
    He certainly looked more prepared here, than he did against Trip or Cameron. I suppose Cameron can be excused given that he had a Hydreigon, and a mid-battle evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    He certainly looked more prepared here, than he did against Trip or Cameron. I suppose Cameron can be excused given that he had a Hydreigon, and a mid-battle evolution.
    Trip could also be excused since he was caught off guard by Serperior's powered up moves and new strategy. He also knew Stephan better then he knew Trip and Cameron.

Also was this the first time Facade was used and explained in the anime?
    Ash vs Lucy.
    Pikachu vs Milotic

Paralysis helped Milotic use Facade.

Random : PokéRadar

I might go back, and check but are the descriptions of the Pokemon the same thing everytime?
    Nope. They're usually either from the Black or White dex entries, or a combination of both, sometimes with some slight rewriting, though occasionally an anime-only entry is used.

The entry in this episode and in BW43 are identical, and is a very minor rewrite of the Pokemon White Pokedex entry (the grammatical form of one word is slightly different in the anime). The dex entry used in BW71 is a rewrite of the entry from Pokemon Black.

This wasn't my favourite battle (yes unfortunately Ash vs Cameron was purely because of Pikachu vs Lucario), but it was definetly the best executed and reasonable battle.

No complaints here, it was a flat out 3v3 where a winner come out on top without any phony tactic/cheap move/writers attack to ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    This wasn't my favourite battle (yes unfortunately Ash vs Cameron was purely because of Pikachu vs Lucario), but it was definetly the best executed and reasonable battle.

No complaints here, it was a flat out 3v3 where a winner come out on top without any phony tactic/cheap move/writers attack to ruin it.
    Zebstrika having 4 normal moves seemed like a pretty contrived tactic. What if Ash had a ghost type? would it then have been dead weight?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Zebstrika having 4 normal moves seemed like a pretty contrived tactic. What if Ash had a ghost type? would it then have been dead weight?
    Well he predicted Palpitoad most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    That's not what i'm getting at.

I'm talking about Deus Ex's and such.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Trip could also be excused since he was caught off guard by Serperior's powered up moves and new strategy. He also knew Stephan better then he knew Trip and Cameron.
    The only move powered up was Dragon Tail... everything else pretty much ruined the awesome set it had in the Junior Cup. Plus I don't know why he wouldn't of known Trip to use Serperior, plus I question why didn't prepare for it's speed when he knew it was fast when it beat Pignite.

Still, I have no qualms about this episode other then Palpitoad and Leavanny drawing the short straws
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I really loved palpitoad in this episode, makes me wish ash would use it more
    Also the same with leavanny, really liked both of them
    And as for news moves and special training mentioned by ash
    I wish we had seen this! I love them type episodes and would give the neglected some air time of their own.....
    But all in all, it was a great match between the two I enjoyed it very much
    Can't wait to see how ash deals with Cameron's very powerful pokemon.....

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Can't wait to see how ash deals with Cameron's very powerful pokemon.....
    Trust me... how he deals with it is not all that special

Spoiler:- If you really don't mind:
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Really awesome episode. So weird seeing Bianca without her hat when everyone was eating dinner.

Well, at least this fight was handled very good, I admit. I especially loved Leavanny and his crazy dodging moves that poke fun at "DBZ dodging" by just seemingly dancing.

And as for the next battle... Oh, please. That Riolu is not going to do anything else rather than evolving in the middle of the fight for sure. That's so predictable it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Really awesome episode. So weird seeing Bianca without her hat when everyone was eating dinner.
    Hatless Bianca is a rare sight to see.

Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

As usual, the best Unova League episode, and the only one of two decent episodes revolving around the league.

I enjoyed the dub nearly as much as the original.

Now onto enjoying the first half of Ash vs Cameron , before it goes straight down the toilet.

Don't get me wrong, I hate how the wins were distributed against Cameron, but even still compared to the second half, good god it was freaking miracle in comparison.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Is it just me or did ash seem more in awe of hydreigon in the Japanese version? In this he's just like "so his secret weapon is hydreigon.."

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    Is it just me or did ash seem more in awe of hydreigon in the Japanese version? In this he's just like "so his secret weapon is hydreigon.."
    You get bored of the three-headed monster after seeing it three times prior to this one.

Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

The thing with Ash using his pokedex on Unova Pokemon he's already seen once/more than once is really getting annoying. He's dexed and been around Stephan's Sawk during the last Cup.
    3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    The thing with Ash using his pokedex on Unova Pokemon he's already seen once/more than once is really getting annoying. He's dexed and been around Stephan's Sawk during the last Cup.
    I think that some people are already used to this now. They've been doing this for quite some time in BW.

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    At this point I even agree, it's one thing to dex a Pokemon once a generation on the account its dex entry MIGHT be different but 3 times in one generation? I would expect twice on the account each game version's Pokedex is different.

But if it's just going to be a slight rewrite, what's the point?

Ash scans his own Pokemon for information on moves, I doubt the same can be said about the opponent's Pokemon.

I mean really, I guess I have to agree with the person who said that the anime is contracted to use Pokedex entries in like every episode.

Or I guess it's because they have nothing to fill that time with but Pokedex entries. I guess it's their way of being lazy.

Because I can't see how someone missing the last episode with Sawk being Pokedexed is so relevant to the decision.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

This certainly was a pretty good episode. It was nice to see some interesting attacks/ability make its anime debut in the forms of Sludge Wave, Facade, and Swarm. The battle between Stephan and Ash went really well.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

What dman said, best episode of the Unove League. 4/5 of it is all about Ash VS Stephan, and it was trutfully the best battle I've seen in this league. Palpitoad and Levanny were both incredible by Ash's command. Props to him for unleashing a Poisionfusion tactice, and having Swarm activated upon Levanny. Krookodile was bad*** as usual, and that last minute Aerial Ace was killer.

I won't be surprised if this battle isn't topped by the remaining to come. No surprise.

Surprised, however, that Hydreigon is shown at the very end. Why do this when the next episode is titled all about the Pokemon, aka the "Secret Weapon"? Hype I guess.

Nice to see the other Top 8 shown all together during the battle. Katharine~

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    This certainly was a pretty good episode. It was nice to see some interesting attacks/ability make its anime debut in the forms of Sludge Wave, Facade, and Swarm. The battle between Stephan and Ash went really well.
    Facade already debuted back in the Battle Frontier. Lucy's Mioltic used it against Pikachu

I enjoyed the dub just as much as the Japanese version. That's pretty good. I know I'm not going to enjoy the next two dub episodes, now especially with Cameron's annoying dub voice.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast