Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Strong Strategy Steals the Show! (767)

Last edited by Lucario At Service; 13th December 2012 at 12:11 PM.

Sludge Wave was surprising. Too bad Palpitoad got a tie.
    Its body is covered with a pure white fur. The colder the weather, the more active it becomes.
    Dewgong

[IMG]http://i44.*******.com/if7pug.png[/IMG]

So I didn't watch the episode I got the match exactly rigth thigh. the battle seems to be good, would have liked that Leavanny beat Sawk instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    Haha, so Pepsi guess right huh?

That's an interesting first choice.
    In both battles Xd you guys need to believe me more haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    In both battles Xd you guys need to believe me more haha.
    You've got some serious battle prediction mojo going on right now... Those who think Ash will beat Kotetsu be warned now, Pepsi thinks Kotetsu will pull an upset
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

This episode is awesome Ash's Pokemon all get new moves to show the people and the battle was awesome

Saw the pictures, it's a nice belated birthday gift from the writers to me :3

I would have liked everyone to get a win but Palpitoad and Leavanny showed a new move each and the latter finally used it's Ability, plus both did great anyways. Krookodile is my favorite Pokemon with Ash(Overall, Gliscor and it are tied for most favorite), so I have nothing against it getting two wins.

Aside from Krookodile vs Sawk, I thought all the matches were pretty intense and enjoyable, the only reason I don't feel the same about Krookodile vs Sawk is because it went pretty quick, both Pokemon were tired though so I have no problem with a quick battle.

Krookodile vs Liepard-It's nice to see a Liepard battle finally, moveset may have contain nothing but overused moves, it was still interesting to see Double Team and combo it with the other moves, claw vs claw was nice too.

Palpitoad vs Zebstrika-I'm glad it got Sludge Wave, something new for it and new for the show, I was surprised to see it though, thought it would come from it's mouth and not be such a dark Purple like that, I like the way it was done though. Poor Zebstrika, Poisoned and Confused, it's lucky it can't be Paralyzed as well, other wise Palpitoad would have gotten Bounce and added that to Zebstrika's bad day, is this the first time a Pokemon was under two Status ailments?

Leavanny vs Sawk-X-Scissor isn't much of a rarely used move, but that's fine with me, still would have liked to seen Struggle Bug with it. Swarm finally being used, even if it didn't give it a win, was nice, I hope more of Ash's Pokemon use their Ability...whatever they are. I enjoyed seeing Leavanny's movements...and I'm going to enjoy hearing it's voices...probably replay it a hundred times.

Krookodile vs Sawk-Aerial Ace is certainly a surprise(Well not really, I already about it a few days ago whenever it was first shown), I like it though, I don't think it really needed it(Gave it something useful against Sawk though) but I'm fine with it. Crunch going isn't that big of a deal to me, but I wouldn't mind it being used in another battle whenever Krookodile battles again.

I like the look of the episode.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Iris was annoyed at the end of episode right

Leavanny lost and Palpitoad got a tie, while Krookodile took two wins?

I may appear calm, but my inner self is kicking and screaming..

Kingler, my friend. No matter what, you will always remain my favourite Water type. You shouldn't have missed out on the Sinnoh League and I look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the near future.

There you are, I see you in the back there!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Leavanny lost and Palpitoad got a tie, while Krookodile took two wins?

I may appear calm, but my inner self is kicking and screaming..
    I share your sentiments. I just didn't like how Krookodile defeated Sawk. Liepard was a strong opponent and he did a good job at it. The feline should have been his last win allowing Leavanny to get the victory it rightfully deserved. The bug did all the job. It just felt like Leavanny got cheated.

It was still, while average, the best battle of the League so far. I really enjoyed Palpitoad's new move and Liepard was great to look at. Leavanny, however, was my favorite battler of the episode.

Just color the animation for sludge wave blue and they could use that for surf!
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Round 4 matchups
    Dino, Katherine and the chubby kid advance to the top 8!

Were those characters at bottom left in previous don tournaments? I can't recognize them. o_O

Well, this episode proves Krookodile is the Charizard/Sceptile/Infernape of Unova nice battles for Palpitoad and Leavanny, great battle overall: 9.5/10 a -0.5 just because Palpitoad tie T_T at least Leavanny got wins at Roxie gym and JWC.
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 13th December 2012 at 4:20 PM.

Watched the pictures and I found this battle very enjoyable.

Starting with the Cons: Veggie Madien losing while doing all the work and BossToad and Zebstirka getting a tie was not very favorable but expected in this battle. Also Krok N' Roll losing Crunch for Aerial Ace. That is all I have for the cons.

First off Nice Liepard debut. A good counter to ghost and dark types from Epic Bert and Thunderer. Double Team + Shadow Claw really was awesome and effective. Krok N' Roll took enough hits from ghost moves to deal reasonable damage to him.

WOWOWOWOH! Bosstoad back in action. Stephan's Thunderer made Elesa's look like crap.....well she is the 4th and easy gym leader.....
    Thunderer really showed its power even though it took too many hits for a Zebstrika though.
    Three Giga Impacts and a stomp is believable for Bosstoad to go down and its WAY better than being taken down by poison moves so they showed his physical toughness.
    Sludge Wave was awesome. I was expecting Supersonic + Sludge Bomb crap but this is very good! Way to go animator Miyuki Katayama and Team Kato!
    Liking BossToad's battle style. Poisoning and confusing your enemies as well as slowing them down with Mud Shot before finishing with Hydro Pump.

AWWWWW. Poor Veggie Madien. Oh well. At least you have X-Scissor and activated Swarm to give Epic Bert a run for his money.
    Swarm String Shot + X-Scissor is an amazing combination.

Epic Bert vs Krok N' Roll was short but both had reached their limits anyway so no surprise Krok N' Roll wins with Aerial Ace.

Ash seemed strategic in his battles while Stephan tried to muscle it out.

Overall: BEST BATTLE IN UNOVA LEAGUE! Unfortunately it seems like it WILL be the only best battle in the Unova league........ 15/10!
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

A few things...I really liked this episode...BUT the major flaw was leavanny LOSING!! Why did he have to lose!! It was doing so well the whole time I really wanted it to win...but no, they had to go and glorify krookodile...I like krookodile, but this is a little much...clotheslining Sawk with aerial ace was cool though...also, why does zebstrika know ALL normal type attacks?! stomp, take down, giga impact and facade...I think they did that on purpose so it could face palpitoad with a better move pool...btw, sludge wave is awesome...
    Draconic pokemon are king !!!

Pokemon Y Team:

my deviantart featuring a wide array of moemon drawn by yours truly: http://xxd17.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Groundedshock View Post

Overall: BEST BATTLE IN UNOVA LEAGUE! Unfortunately it seems like it WILL be the only best battle in the Unova league........ 15/10!
    What??? The Kotetsu vs. Ash battle looks awesome.. and Trip vs. Ash and Kotet vs. Bianca were cool imo, to each his own I guess =/

Why are Ash's pokemon pulling new moves out of their rear end all of a sudden? And people have the nerve to give Axew a hard time for it. Another beautiful double standard.

I also couldn't help but laugh in sadness that Krookodile managed to get two wins while the other two got squat. It's a nice example of the writers playing favorites and making sure certain pokemon are made to look inferior over others.

Although the battle was fine, you might as well have called it the "krookodile show" because that's exactly what it was. And of course, the Krookodile stans are gonna eat it up.

I think it would have been better if Leavanny had won at least once.

And it would have been quite easy to do, they just had to give a Flying type move (like Aerial Ace or Air Slash in place of Razor Leaf) to Leavanny instead of giving Krookodile Aerial Ace.

Also i feel that Palpitoad's tie with Zebstrika is ok, considering that Palpitoad had defeated Elesa's Zebstrika in the past. So, a tie is better as a loss on Palpitoad side would have been bad and a win on its side would have made it look like the Zebstrika line is weak against Water-Ground types and can't even put up a fight against them.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 13th December 2012 at 5:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Why are Ash's pokemon pulling new moves out of their rear end all of a sudden? And people have the nerve to give Axew a hard time for it. Another beautiful double standard.

I also couldn't help but laugh in sadness that Krookodile managed to get two wins while the other two got squat. It's a nice example of the writers playing favorites and making sure certain pokemon are made to look inferior over others.

Although the battle was fine, you might as well have called it the "krookodile show" because that's exactly what it was. And of course, the Krookodile stans are gonna eat it up.
    We can say they learned new moves while at Juniper's. Axew is on her head 24/7 so axews new moves are complete asspulls.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    We can say they learned new moves while at Juniper's. Axew is on her head 24/7 so axews new moves are complete asspulls.
    Lies. They don't do anything at Juniper's besides stay in their pokeballs. This isn't Oak's laboratory where Ash's pokemon are vacationing in the backyard. I call asspulls on all these moves.

Leavanny's already gotten enough wins in all of his evolutionary stages, so I'm not sad about him biting the dust before KOing one of Stephan's Pokemon.

It's nice to see Ash using his Pokemon as more than just battering rams, and if Palpitoad's battle is any indication, he's actually using strategy again. Good work on Sludge Wave, too.
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

"It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell

Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

Lies. They don't do anything at Juniper's besides stay in their pokeballs. This isn't Oak's laboratory where Ash's pokemon are vacationing in the backyard. I call asspulls on all these moves.
    Actually the correct answer should be, Ash trained with them off-screen and they learned those moves. Its even possible that Ash himself taught Krookodile Aerial Ace (considering that he knows how to teach that move since Hoenn).

But in Axew's case, it rarely is in battle. I even doubt that Iris trains it off-screen. The last on-screen battle Axew had was back in BWS2-01, and since then we haven't seen it take part in a practice battle (even against Ash's Scraggy), but it did help in controlling Hydreigon in BWS2-16, so these are the only plus points it got in these 22 episodes of the BWS2 series until now.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Dino, Katherine and the chubby kid advance to the top 8!

Were those characters at bottom left in previous don tournaments? I can't recognize them. o_O

Well, this episode proves Krookodile is the Charizard/Sceptile/Infernape of Unova nice battles for Palpitoad and Leavanny, great battle overall: 9.5/10 a -0.5 just because Palpitoad tie T_T at least Leavanny got wins at Roxie gym and JWC.
    Ramone who was in Junior Cup, and Antonio who was in Don Battle.

Ash trains his Pokemon, sometimes that leads to new moves. The writers simply did it off screen.

It's not like Palpitoad and Leavanny didn't do anything of worth in the episode. Palpitoad tied with Zebstrika, and Leavanny did most of the damage against Sawk.

So no, this wasn't exactly "Krookodile show".
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

They are pulling moves out of their ***, it was the training they went through, Satoshi knew they add those attacks before the battle they didn't learn it in the battle.

Stop being biased and then call others stans, who the heck does give Axew a hard time? people want him to battle more, I don't see how you read that as giving him a hard time.

I don't see anyone happy Leavanny didnt get a win, liking Krokoodile or not.

One of the most biased person in the forum shouldn't have the rigth to call anyone stan.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 13th December 2012 at 5:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Just a note in advance (will be deleted later): Please mind the recent announcement for your posts.

Thanks =)
    It seems that even after you posted that, there was still chatroom commentary.
    -

Anyway,

Liepard vs Krookodile
    - I liked this fight although found it a bit meh. Too bad Leavanny couldn't be used to beat it. I did find it smart how Ash withdrew from revealing Aerial Ace to surprise Stephan and Sawk later on.

Zebstrika vs Palpitoad
    - Great fight. I really liked Sludge Wave's animation and to top it all off, Palpitoad debuts it. A draw isn't bad, I guess that shows that Stephan's Zebstrika is a bit stronger than Elesa's. But wait... did it have all normal moves? Stomp, Giga Impact, Facade, and Double Edge? Oh yeah, and Supersonic working "properly" is a big plus. They can never decide on how Confusion should work.

Sawk vs Leavanny
    - Another great fight, Leavanny was a boss. Although Leavanny resisted Sawk's moves and Sawk resisted X-Scissor, it was very intense. I guess using Bulk Up a few times does have it's advantages as it reduced the power of X-Scissor and Razor Leaf plus increased its attack power. Too bad it got knocked out even though Swarm activated.

Sawk vs Krookodile
    - It was fast. In game terms this could be a a Revenge Killer. Pulled out Aerial Ace and wham.

*** felt very DP Ash in this episode so that was good. He never lost his cool. Imotaru was shown in the rival battles after Kotetsu, I found that incredibly weird and he has an Eelektross? So now he'll battle Virgil. I hope Virgil beats him for having Imotaru's family contribute to the awful Axew Gets Lost plot from the last episode.

Oh yeah and I guess Kotetsu didn't end up having Gigalith nor is it Ash's. Good. I was hopign it would belong to someone else, and behold, it belonged to Kenton who has now been revealed to have Golett and Gigalith. Funny how he has a good pokemon while Antonio has a Sandile and Ramone has Tranquill.

Random : PokéRadar

I thought the episode was pretty cool, Ash rescanning Sawk.....Ugh. Typical ha ha

The aerial ace thing, yeah Ash has some experience teaching it to his Pokes so it makes sense. Leavanny should have gotten a win, but it still had an entertaining battle....and palpitoad using a new move that everyone called was good to finally see, and of course ending in a tie is ok with me.

I dont know about anyone else, but with his guys learning new moves and showing up with them is kind of entertaining for me. It keeps a sort of surprise instead of just knowing the 4 moves they can do. So seeing something new pop up is a little excitement to add to Ash's guys who we have already seen a bunch of times. So i like that aspect of it.

And yeah its funny how the forum reminder pops up to not do something and yet.....it still continues!

Heres hoping for some more excitement....gonna watch the next preview now!

On another note, in a way i think that Cilan confirmed that a pokemon can know more than 4 moves and use them in battle (but i think the rule of 4 moves per battle still applies for the writers).

This is because when Ash sent Palpitoad against Stephan's Zebstrika, Bianca noted that Zebstrika was a bit uncomfortable, to which Cilan answered that it is understandable as two of Zebstrika's main moves i.e., Thunderbolt and Flame Charge are useless in front of a Water-Ground type like Palpitoad.

After this comment, Stephan made Zebstrika use 4 moves (all Normal types), out of which 2 were new moves.

This in a way proved that Zebstrika atleast knows 6 moves at that moment. If it didn't, then Cilan wouldn't have commented like that to Bianca.

Another fact is that, it seems that neither Cilan nor Iris knew about Krookodile knowing Aerial Ace. Did Ash really do some off-screen secret training which even Cilan and Iris don't know about.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast