Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Strong Strategy Steals the Show! (767)

This episode was pretty good. I found the battle between Ash and Stephan amazing but for me I don't consider it an epic, maybe because it was only a 3 v 3 battle. I particularly enjoyed the use of Palpitoad and Leavanny in this battle. Both were used in different ways which spiced up the battle. As for stephan, his pokemon and strategies weren't groundbreaking but he still put up a good fight.

Now just a quick mention for the upcoming battle, Ash vs Cameron. Is it just me or was hydreigon really unexpected as Cameron's secret weapon because in my opinion it really doesn't suit him.

Anyway, good episode and onto the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Haha, this episode is awesome! Ash vs Stephan, great battle! Up first Liepard!

I thought the idea of Krookodile being the star of the battle was pretty cool, Krookodile vs Liepard was nice and I like the battle scenes with Dragon Claw vs Shadow Claw too. So Palpitoad vs Zebstrika was pretty good too, with Stephan having a strategy made it seem like more of a challenge. I like Palpitoad's new move, Sludge Wave and its animation. :O

I really like Leavanny vs Sawk most of all along with Krookodile vs Sawk, both showed awesome new moves in battle. It was cool to see Leavanny using X-Scissor and to activate his ability; Swarm. Lol, at flying Krookodile using Aerial Ace. Anyway, great battle, I really enjoyed it. Nice to see Ash and Stephan's friendly rivalry in action both battle and eating. XD

Up next Cameron's secret weapon! I'm really looking forward to it, as for this episode its awesome!

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    The thing with Ash using his pokedex on Unova Pokemon he's already seen once/more than once is really getting annoying. He's dexed and been around Stephan's Sawk during the last Cup.
    These are the writers refreshing the memories for the little kids who might not remember who these pokemon are. I got over it. You should to.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    These are the writers refreshing the memories for the little kids who might not remember who these pokemon are. I got over it. You should to.
    Yeah, its pretty clear Ash doesn't just scan Pokemon he hasn't seen before. Maybe, its for other reasons but at least he's actually using his Pokedex again.

Its nothing new anyway, its always been going on.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

I enjoyed Stephan's and Ash's battle. I thought it was cool that Cameron slept in the stadium and loved seeing his secret weapon was Hydreigon

Why would little kids forget Sawk... Stephan's only been using him since it's debut. If your entering the show this late, your not a fan
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Great episode. Stephan and Ash both fought well, I was amazed. Showing off Krookodile, Palpitoad, Leavanny, Liepard, Zebstrika, and Sawk and their moves were all great. Great battle overall. But the upcoming match between Ash and Cameron...oh boy, it's not going to go well.

Ok battle certainly better done than the Trip battle. Unfortunately that was ruined by Ash vs. Cameron, is Cameron really that popular that he warrants a 6 on 6 battle for a character only introduced a couple of episodes back as opposed to Trip?
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    Ok battle certainly better done than the Trip battle. Unfortunately that was ruined by Ash vs. Cameron, is Cameron really that popular that he warrants a 6 on 6 battle for a character only introduced a couple of episodes back as opposed to Trip?
    Pretty sure Japan even hates Cameron.

Speaking of Cameron, I have a feeling something will make the general audience hate on him even more.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Why would little kids forget Sawk... Stephan's only been using him since it's debut. If your entering the show this late, your not a fan
    No, I think I have been watching the show probably longer than you have, that's why I said it's not big deal anymore that Ash scans pokemon or not anymore. People shouldn't act like it's rare that Ash does this when he has done it lots of times.

My ideal battle ever!

No, I think I have been watching the show probably longer than you have, that's why I said it's not big deal anymore that Ash scans pokemon or not anymore. People shouldn't act like it's rare that Ash does this when he has done it lots of times.
    No you don't get it.

It pisses us off to see the show wasting ~30 seconds on scanning a Pokemon we've seen being scanned like 3 times in one generation.

It would be the equivalent of Ash using his Pokedex on Pikachu every time Pikachu got focused on in an episode.

It's about the unnecessary need to irritate the people who watch it, intentionally and unintentionally.

It's not about Ash's character always doing this (because he shouldn't, it's irritating plain and simple, and I can't defend Ash when he scans a Pokemon more than once a generation, and there's nothing new the Pokedex has to offer unless it's specifically his Pokemon that learned a new move after evolving.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Well, today was airing Ash's battle against Elesa, and comparing this episode to that Gym Battle, Ash has come a long way. It's the first planned out battle I've seen in BW. I only wish the writers continued to keep Ash like this.

As much as people saying they're gonna hate it, I'm excited to see Ash vs. Cameron! Should be good (though I know Ash loses...)
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

^ Dude, spoilers! Don't ruin it!

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Speaking of Cameron, I have a feeling something will make the general audience hate on him even more.
    You are so right. Read the spoilers to see it:    Spoiler:- Spoiler:
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

This is my favorite battle of Best Wishes, and the dub didn't do anything to change that, but it kind of frustrates me when I see a battle like this and wonder why they hardly do these types of strategic battles any more. I feel like we could be having these types of battles all the time if the writers didn't feel the need to bring Ash down in skill every generation.

It made Ash and Stephan look like elite skilled trainers, it gave a spotlight to some Pokemon that haven't really had a chance to shine and made them all look good, it made Ash's training before the Unova League worthwhile, and on top of that it was an exciting battle with some solid back-and-forth action.

I think the constant one-on-one battles from the tournaments has taken away a lot of the team-based strategy that, IMO, makes Pokemon battles interesting and fun to watch. I get that they're shorter, faster to animate, etc. but I think that the high-level battles are the best part of the show and generally what people are most interested in.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

That last line was directed towards kids entering the show this late down the line... Sawk was already scanned twice before this episode. That depends, unless you were old enough to properly use the internet to locate the original episodes before they were dubbed, I've been watching this show since it first debut in the US, way back when I was 6
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    No you don't get it.

It pisses us off to see the show wasting ~30 seconds on scanning a Pokemon we've seen being scanned like 3 times in one generation.

It would be the equivalent of Ash using his Pokedex on Pikachu every time Pikachu got focused on in an episode.

It's about the unnecessary need to irritate the people who watch it, intentionally and unintentionally.

It's not about Ash's character always doing this (because he shouldn't, it's irritating plain and simple, and I can't defend Ash when he scans a Pokemon more than once a generation, and there's nothing new the Pokedex has to offer unless it's specifically his Pokemon that learned a new move after evolving.
    I know it's irratating to watch Ash rescan pokemon. I have complaint about this before also, however there is nothing we can do about it. Don't dislike the wholw episode due to just that though.

That last line was directed towards kids entering the show this late down the line... Sawk was already scanned twice before this episode. That depends, unless you were old enough to properly use the internet to locate the original episodes before they were dubbed, I've been watching this show since it first debut in the US, way back when I was 6
    I know it was scaneed twice. I'm watching Best Wishes right now. However, we know Ash have scanned pokemon he's seen before. This is nothing new. But I don't waist my time being upset about it anymore because it's a waist of my time.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 5th April 2013 at 8:40 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

I know it was scaneed twice. I'm watching Best Wishes right now. However, we know Ash have scanned pokemon he's seen before. This is nothing new. But I don't waist my time being upset about it anymore because it's a waist of my time.
    Except it is in BW where he scans them more than once in a single goddamn series. I can see Koffing being rescanned since Ash may need reminders on a Mon (and the kids who aren't familiar with the first gen) he hadn't seen in a while but here...

The only time when the scanning bothered me was having to scan all 7 eeveelutions ina row without break. It felt so awkward and forced in.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Great battle between Ash and Stephan. I agree with Iris and Cilan that Leavanny was an odd choice for battling sawk, though. Where was unfezant, anyway?

6/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I liked this battle. It was the only Unova League Battle where Ash didn't look like a noob or a weakling.

Default "Strong Strategy Steals the Show!"

After last week's terrible "Axew getting lost" episode, Ash and Stephan finally began their battle. They choose Krookodile and Liepard respectively. Krookodile being the main star of the battle was pretty cool, he's the only Ash's Pokémon who actually got good character development throuhout the BW saga.

Krookodile vs Liepard was good and I liked the battle scenes with Dragon Claw and Shadow Claw, they were well-animated. Palpitoad vs Zebstrika was decent, Ash choosing Palpitoad was a good idea. Palpitoad's new move was cool and Stephan taking advantage of the poison stat was smart. I'm glad Palpitoad got the win.

I wasn't expecting Leavanny to be used against Sawk, but he did put up a good battle. It was cool to see Leavanny using X-Scissor and to activate his Swarm ability, but sadly it lost. Next, Ash choose Krookodile, who used Aerial Ace and defeated Sawk! So Steaphan got eliminated and Ash moved to next round, but they both put up a good fight and I enjoyed it. It was good to see Ash and Stephan's friendly rivalry in both battle and...........eating.

Next, Ash is up against Cameron, who chose his secret weapon Hydreigon ! I thought he'd save Hydreigon for later, but he chose it right off the bat. Oh Well, he's not the sharpest tool in the tool shed anyway.

Overall, good episode. The battle between Ash and Stephan's match is the only decent Unova League batlle, the other league battles were lackluster to me.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 27th December 2013 at 1:50 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Does anyone else feel like this was the one decent battle in the Unova League, or is it just me?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

This was my favorite Unova League episode.

I'm okay with the league itself but it wasn't as fun as the other minor tournaments, those ones have better character interactions, scripts, and more. I think they exhausted all their good ideas on the previous tournaments

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast