Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Strong Strategy Steals the Show! (767)

Satoshi vs. KenIyan
    He said his name right rofl
    Ahaha Dento’s not afraid of Liepard
    I hate that guy’s eyebrows ._.
    Claw vs. Claw
    Gawd I love Lieparrd soo cool X3
    >.< JENNA YOU INTERRUPTED DEnTO’S BEAUTIFUL VOICE
    I heard him go “mmm” though <3
    OH gawd I hate that. Pokemon X looks like it’s terribly hurt. Pokemon Y smirks and then falls over like it had a heart attack
    OOH Zebstrika glowed x3
    Ugh Zebstrika has the most annoying voice ever
    Slude wave…..oh gawd. I saw that once…in someone’s kidney D8
    HAHA PALPI JUST WENT FLYING xD
    I love how when Dento explains things he actually has some perks in his voice and isn’t all monotone like it’s boring
    LOL DENTO’S EYES HMMMM
    Aw he shoulda used his tail
    Oh crap. That’s the worst. Being poisoned AND confused D;
    Yes Stephan. I feel that way too when that happens to me in game
    NO ASH WHY PUT ThAT ThING AWAY IT’S NOT PROPER AT ThE LEAGUE D;
    Aw I love Leavanny <3
    But I think it would have been much more badass as a Sewaddle nomming on Sawk >:3
    OOH cool! Swarm activated
    Aw man
    I thought Leavanny would have won D;
    I totally want a Krookodile and Leavanny now XD
    Beware of flying gators. Man all this time I thought feeding them were the deadly things D;
    AHAhAh JUST FOUND GIGALITH. XDD Good job Riolu. XDD
    Lol that food looks good. xD Dento just said something about top service
    Iris really refined her manners after Episode 8. That’s called DEVELOPMENT. I wanted there to be this whole story plot of Dento having to make her refined and polite I GUESS IT HAPPENED. OFF SCREEN
    PPFTT Bed scene. Looks like they are making bets seeing whether ash or kotetsu will win llo.
    KOTETSU’S TENT KOTETSU’S TENT RIGHT ThERe xDDD
    I love Kotetsu’s laugh XD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    On another note, in a way i think that Cilan confirmed that a pokemon can know more than 4 moves and use them in battle (but i think the rule of 4 moves per battle still applies for the writers).

This is because when Ash sent Palpitoad against Stephan's Zebstrika, Bianca noted that Zebstrika was a bit uncomfortable, to which Cilan answered that it is understandable as two of Zebstrika's main moves i.e., Thunderbolt and Flame Charge are useless in front of a Water-Ground type like Palpitoad.

After this comment, Stephan made Zebstrika use 4 moves (all Normal types), out of which 2 were new moves.

This in a way proved that Zebstrika atleast knows 6 moves at that moment. If it didn't, then Cilan wouldn't have commented like that to Bianca.

Another fact is that, it seems that neither Cilan nor Iris knew about Krookodile knowing Aerial Ace. Did Ash really do some off-screen secret training which even Cilan and Iris don't know about.
    Or Cilan just based his comments off previous battles Zebstrika has had as it didn't use Flame Charge vs the Braviary guy and used Thunderbolt, Wild Charge, Giga Impact I believe.

I don't think one would take his comments literally. He could have probably also based his comments on Palpitoad's battle with Elesa having Wild Charge and Flame Charge been a bit useless. One summary stated that Ash and Stephan knew each other's pokemon well so he probably expected him to choose Palpitoad vs Zebstrika and thus taught Zebstrika normal moves to deal with it.

Random : PokéRadar

Since Leavanny lost, does that mean Snorlax keeps his record as the only Pokemon Ash has to never faint in battle before getting a win?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Since Leavanny lost, does that mean Snorlax keeps his record as the only Pokemon Ash has to never faint in battle before getting a win?
    Yeah, pretty much. Snorlax is a beast, but not as big of a beast as Sceptile.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    If infernape never battled flints infernape he would have that record :P

As a Chimchar, he loses in Maylene's gym without win

I personally prefer Glalie's record of never even getting a loss..

So it was aerial ace? I thought it was just some weird flying clothesline thing.

On the whole I enjoyed this battle, it was just what I expected from a battle between these two, fast-paced. And I liked that the Sawk/Krookodile match didn't last that long after the Leavanny/Sawk match and established both of them as being on their last legs.

Also, I thought it was awesome that they called back to Leavanny having swarm from the Burgundy evaluation (assuming that was intentional).

Edit: Also, I've been avoiding spoilers, but I really hope that other guy isn't gonna be our new Tobias...
    Last edited by RVD_fan; 13th December 2012 at 9:58 PM.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I personally prefer Glalie's record of never even getting a loss..
    Glalie lost against a Misdreavus (by Destiny Bond though).

Anyway, REALLY enjoyed this battle. I was going crazy during Palpitoad's fight, punching the air and yelling at my boy not to lose. When he got hit by Facade and got blasted at the wall I nearly got a heart attack. Sludge Wave was amazing though and the other new moves were great too. I'm fine with Palpitoad tieing and Leavanny losing, both did some great work.

One thing really trolled me here though. THE F*CKING GIGALITH. I swear to god, I am never ever ever ever putting any faith into calendars again lmao. On the other hand I'm fine since I've always kinda preferred Boldore's design and seeing my boy Gantle go would've been hard. But I was already getting used to the thought of Gigalith. Oh well. Maybe it'll still happen.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Antonio and Dino are in the top 8 WHOHOHOHO GOOD TIMES!

But that aside, I really didn't have any problems with Leavanny losing, it put up a good fight, but I think they needed to remind us that Sawk is still Kenyans's strongest Pokemon. And I swear, Ash looked all smug when he ordered that Aerial Ace! (I wasn't even sure what move it was, it looked so funny :'D ) It was awesome.

I'm kind of annoyed that Krookodile got two wins in this battle. Krookodile should have been brought out before Leavanny and lost, while Leavanny would win the match. It just goes to show who the same Pokemon getting wins are.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Glalie lost against a Misdreavus (by Destiny Bond though).
    It was a tie, I don't think has actually lost a battle yet. It beat a Charizard, and a Beltang as it's last victories IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    It was a tie, I don't think has actually lost a battle yet. It beat a Charizard, and a Beltang as it's last victories IIRC.
    Oh right, of course a tie because of Destiny Bond(derp moment lol). So yeah I guess Glalie hasn't had an actual loss despite being taken down once. Pretty awesome, I personally like the thing a lot. : ] Wish he appeared a bit more.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

So saw the episode finally pretty nice battle.

Basicly Liepard had a close figth with Krokoodile, Krok won but was tired, Liepard not getting any win
    Zebstrika and Palpitoad draw in a battle that seems, Zebstrika had the power advantage but Palpitoad was able to counter using his status effect moves
    Leavanny loses to Sawk but gets him really tired, basicly the first matchup but this time in Kenyan favour instead of Satoshi
    Sawk and Krokoodile figth both really tired, Krokoodile is able to pull a super effective move and beats it

I'm completelly fine with everything that happened actually, even though I wouldn't mind Leavanny drawing instead of Palpitoad but that would mean Palpitoad would take a loss.

Was that facade, the move Zebstrika used? The episode seemed alright. Good thinking on Ash's part. It's refreshing to see him actually strategise every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Ash trains his Pokemon, sometimes that leads to new moves. The writers simply did it off screen.

It's not like Palpitoad and Leavanny didn't do anything of worth in the episode. Palpitoad tied with Zebstrika, and Leavanny did most of the damage against Sawk.

So no, this wasn't exactly "Krookodile show".
    That's a nice convenient excuse. But honestly, if Ash's pokemon are "training" off-screen, then that means Axew must be too. I hate how people give the little guy such a hard time just because he isn't independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    They are pulling moves out of their ***, it was the training they went through, Satoshi knew they add those attacks before the battle they didn't learn it in the battle.

Stop being biased and then call others stans, who the heck does give Axew a hard time? people want him to battle more, I don't see how you read that as giving him a hard time.

I don't see anyone happy Leavanny didnt get a win, liking Krokoodile or not.

One of the most biased person in the forum shouldn't have the rigth to call anyone stan.
    Why am I being labeled as the bad guy when I just want the best for everyone? I don't support one pokemon being glorified while the rest are made to look inferior. I'm not against Krookodile getting a win, but taking two wins while Leavanny and Palpitoad bite the dust is just unacceptable. I don't care how "cool" you think Krookodile is....the last thing we need is another Infernape glorification.

This could've been the battle where people finally see Leavanny and Palpitoad as real competitors on Ash's team, but the result was Krookodile taking all the glory. Smh!
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 14th December 2012 at 4:42 AM.

Who is calling you the bad guy? I'm refuting your statements I would like to see Leavanny have a win in the league but why do Satoshi pokemon have to always beat a rival pokemon before losing but the rivals don't?

The solution here would be have another 6vs6 and give a win to everyone, not change this figths, if Leavanny didnt make Sawk super tired Krokoodile wouldn't be able to beat it, anyone who watches the episode knows that.

Last league we got a draw in a 3vs3 also Quilava vs Armaldo and we got a lot of pokemon that didn't even get a win(granted that besides Torterra the others didn't really need it, maybe Torkoal too).

Like I said in my other post, the Sawk vs Leavanny battle is the inversion of roles of the first battle Liepard vs Krokoodile, a close figth that one pokemon won when he was almost beaten, then two almost beaten pokemon fougth each other, imagine Sawk would be the one beating Krokoodile and Leavanny, we would have to give credit to Liepard for tiring out Krokoodile.

So once again the solution would be another figth not conviniently make it always.

SP vs RP - Satoshi wins
    SP vs RP - Satoshi loses
    SP vs RP - Satoshi wins
    SP vs RP - Satoshi loses

SP- Satoshi pokemon
    RP- Rival pokemon

And so on, that way we would never see something diferent.

Why is Krokoodile the new Infernape? because it beat Dragonite, Sawk and Liepard?

It has 4 wins and usually spaced besides this two wins he got here, he isn't constantly taking wins from other pokemon, the argument can be made for Pikachu but not him.

Who cares how cool he is, I treat Satoshi pokemon the same.

Edit: fixed the typo Pokefandt

Anyway dunno if I mentioned in my other posts but Sludge Wave looked awesome
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 14th December 2012 at 4:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Who is calling you the bad guy? I'm refuting your statements I would like to see Leavanny have a win in the league but why do Satoshi pokemon have to always beat a rival pokemon before losing but the rivals don't?

The solution here would be have another 6vs6 and give a win to everyone, not change this figths, if Leavanny didnt make Sawk super tired Krokoodile wouldn't be able to beat it, anyone who watches the episode knows that.

Last league we got a draw in a 3vs3 also Quilava vs Armaldo and we got a lot of pokemon that didn't even get a win(granted that besides Torterra the others didn't really need it, maybe Torkoal too).

Like I said in my other post, the Sawk vs Leavanny battle is the inversion of roles of the first battle Liepard vs Krokoodile, a close figth that one pokemon won when he was almost beaten, then two almost beaten pokemon fougth each other, imagine Sawk would be the one beating Krokoodile and Leavanny, we would have to give credit to Liepard for tiring out Krokoodile.

So once again the solution would be another figth not conviniently make it always.

SP vs RP - Satoshi wins
    SP vs RP - Satoshi loses
    SP vs RP - Satoshi wins
    SP vs RP - Satoshi loses

SP- Satoshi pokemon
    RP- Rival pokemon

And so on, that way we would never see something diferent.

Why is Krokoodile the new Infernape? because it beat Dragonite, Sawk and Sawk?

It has 4 wins and usually spaced besides this two wins he got here, he isn't constantly taking wins from other pokemon, the argument can be made for Pikachu but not him.

Who cares how cool he is, I treat Satoshi pokemon the same.
    He beat Sawk twice?

This was a pretty cool battle. I really wished Leavanny had one but he did show off how awesome a bug type can be. I'm firmly in the camp of Leavanny weakening Sawk gave Krookodile the edge he needed.

^typo dude

Just saw the episode myself, for a three vs three fight it was pretty good.

Kinda suprised Cilan's not scared of Liepard though, he's scared of Purrloin so why not it's evo?

I'm curious as to what moves Zebstrika was using other than Stomp and Giga Impact, seemed to me like one was Take Down, but i'm not sure, either way that was a good battle, even if Palpitoad faught to a draw it now has a fourth move and it went down swinging.

Stephan's Sawk though, I mean dang that thing is a freaking beast.

I'm happy we got to see Swarm now as well, I was wondering what color the power surrounding the pokemon would be.

Krok using Aerial Ace...intresting choice (made me think of Brycen's Beartic, I wonder if that's why it got the move) Still if it gave up Crunch then that's not good.

Now it's on to Ash vs Kotetsu and here's Ghetsis' pokemon, here's hoping they'll play the music next episode (probably not but i'd love it) Was expecting to see Iris react to it, but I guess there wasn't enough time now, she probably will next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Kinda suprised Cilan's not scared of Liepard though, he's scared of Purrloin so why not it's evo?
    Honestly, I forgot about that haha. But then again I didn't expect much from Cilan in that fear of his ^^;

I'm curious as to what moves Zebstrika was using other than Stomp and Giga Impact, seemed to me like one was Take Down, but i'm not sure, either way that was a good battle, even if Palpitoad faught to a draw it now has a fourth move and it went down swinging.
    I believe Zebstrika used the moves Stomp, Double-Edge, Facade and Giga Impact.

Krok using Aerial Ace...intresting choice (made me think of Brycen's Beartic, I wonder if that's why it got the move) Still if it gave up Crunch then that's not good.
    That was my guess on how it learned the move. Ash already has some experience teaching Aerial Ace and Krookodile has faced the move head on while battling Brycen's Beartic, so it was easier to learn. I don't think Krookodile will permanently forget Crunch (the only Dark type move it knows now) but probably rotate it's moves, a la Pansage or Zebstrika (in this episode). I believe Ash taught Krokodile that move fully expecting to come up against Stephan's Sawk, or just to cover it's weakness to Fighting type Pokemon.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Oh my Arceus was this episode good. Liepard vs Krookodile was amazing, Palpitoad vs Zebstrika was okay, but seeing him perform Sludge Wave was really impressive. But, I loved when Leavanny dodged Sawk's Close Combat, fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Oh right, of course a tie because of Destiny Bond(derp moment lol). So yeah I guess Glalie hasn't had an actual loss despite being taken down once. Pretty awesome, I personally like the thing a lot. : ] Wish he appeared a bit more.
    Also tied with Sceptile

It was kinda weird to see Zebstrika with no electric moves at all and only normal moves. Sawk vs Krookodile ended faster then I expected but I still wish Leavanny was the one to beat Sawk so there wouldn't have been a fall guy. (except Liepard)

I expected Kotetsu to use Hydreigon early, I just wonder who Ash will send out first to take it on?

Glad to finally see Palpitoad back! I wish it won but I guess they didn't want another repeat of it defeating zebstrika. Nice to see Krookodile winning against Liepard but Leavanny should have defeated Sawk. It did so well. Ahh well what can we do.... So now this demon dragon of a pokemon is out. Can't WAIT to see this!
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Why are Ash's pokemon pulling new moves out of their rear end all of a sudden? And people have the nerve to give Axew a hard time for it. Another beautiful double standard.

I also couldn't help but laugh in sadness that Krookodile managed to get two wins while the other two got squat. It's a nice example of the writers playing favorites and making sure certain pokemon are made to look inferior over others.

Although the battle was fine, you might as well have called it the "krookodile show" because that's exactly what it was. And of course, the Krookodile stans are gonna eat it up.
    Ash was given a three months to train. The writers obviously didn't want to bore us by showing those training things. New moves were always expected from them. I'm sorry but you are horribly biased.

And Krookodile didn't hoard on Leavanny's win. It was Leavanny's Win! Krookodile only used Aerial Ace to finish what Leavanny done. Leavanny was shown as a ****ing hero. Anyone who saw the episode and is not being biased would say this. Krookodile barely battled Sawk, it wasn't even a proper battle. It was just to show how powerful Sawk. It justified the writers showing Sawk as super powerful Pokemon in the Donamite.

Just to remind you again. It was Levanny's win, Krookodile only used a finishing move.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service;15469964[B
    ]On another note, in a way i think that Cilan confirmed that a pokemon can know more than 4 moves and use them in battle (but i think the rule of 4 moves per battle still applies for the writers).[/B]

This is because when Ash sent Palpitoad against Stephan's Zebstrika, Bianca noted that Zebstrika was a bit uncomfortable, to which Cilan answered that it is understandable as two of Zebstrika's main moves i.e., Thunderbolt and Flame Charge are useless in front of a Water-Ground type like Palpitoad.

After this comment, Stephan made Zebstrika use 4 moves (all Normal types), out of which 2 were new moves.

This in a way proved that Zebstrika atleast knows 6 moves at that moment. If it didn't, then Cilan wouldn't have commented like that to Bianca.

Another fact is that, it seems that neither Cilan nor Iris knew about Krookodile knowing Aerial Ace. Did Ash really do some off-screen secret training which even Cilan and Iris don't know about.
    You may be correct, but it also might be possible that players are supposed to fix their Pokemon's moves while entering the Pokemon itself. I think Stephan expected Ash to use one of his two ground types. Of course he used both of them, but that's another thing. So maybe Stephan teaching Zebstrika all four normal move might be his strategy. But I think it is also the writer's mistake. They didn't imagine the scenario when Ash wouldn't use Palpitoad against Zebstrika. It's just a minor flaw. Normally they should have done things like they did with Elesa.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I'm kind of annoyed that Krookodile got two wins in this battle. Krookodile should have been brought out before Leavanny and lost, while Leavanny would win the match. It just goes to show who the same Pokemon getting wins are.
    I don't see how Leavanny not getting the win matters. It was responsible for putting down Sawk. That's what matters. Leavanny need not win to prove its strength. Krookodile's win wasn't even a win, it was Leavanny's win.

One more thing, there is a flaw in your logic. If Krookodile was sent against a full-strength Sawk, Krookodile would have been demolished. So your assumption that Krookodile sent before Leavanny is wrong. Sending Leavanny makes complete sense logically.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    That's a nice convenient excuse. But honestly, if Ash's pokemon are "training" off-screen, then that means Axew must be too. I hate how people give the little guy such a hard time just because he isn't independent.

Why am I being labeled as the bad guy when I just want the best for everyone? I don't support one pokemon being glorified while the rest are made to look inferior. I'm not against Krookodile getting a win, but taking two wins while Leavanny and Palpitoad bite the dust is just unacceptable. I don't care how "cool" you think Krookodile is....the last thing we need is another Infernape glorification.

This could've been the battle where people finally see Leavanny and Palpitoad as real competitors on Ash's team, but the result was Krookodile taking all the glory. Smh!
    Krookodile isn't Infernape. It is not the Infernape of Unova. I think you haven't even watched the episode. You might be commenting after watching episode pictures or reading synopsis. Why do you care about wins? It's not the end result but the struggle that matters. Leavanny struggling to weaken Sawk, and Krookodile finishing it was realistic. Sawk was shown to be Kenyan's best Pokemon. It's only obvious that Ash couldn't defeat it so easily. This battle is perfect. But of course all you care is counting wins, and using them to use words like 'glorification' 'DEM' etc.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast