Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite dubs

Default Your favorite dubs

Title says it all. If by chance dubs aren't your cup of tea (for lack of better words), then my recommendation is to ignore this thread since... well, look at the title.

Anyways, be detailed, be fair, be mature and all that stuff.

I actually prefer the DBZ dub. Goku doesn't sound like a little girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I actually prefer the DBZ dub. Goku doesn't sound like a little girl.
    He doesn't sound like that in the JPN version. Very young for an adult, yes, but not a "little girl." More like a little boy nearing puberty but just missed. Sadly, Toei didn't want to let go of Masako Nozawa and have fans get use to a new actor, age be damned.

i've only seen a couple of dubs but i liked fullmetal alchemist's the most. i didn't see anything wrong with lucky star's either but for some reason people really disliked that one, especially konata's voice actress.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the Pokemon 4Kids English Dub is one I prefer, could be growing up with it but I feel there's more to it than meets the eye. I tried the other two options and still do so, and yeah, don't like em as much except there's no edits so plus mistakes and the like as much, true, but something about the way 4Kids dubbed it sits really well with me. Seriously I can't explain it but IMO they did a great job for the most part with the voices and since I'm a stickler for awesome voice acting and music over editing and replacing stuff, this dub is possibly one of my favorites and I rather it than the subs.

As for Dragonball, Masako Nozawa is actually really good so now I'm in favor of JPN Dragonball again. When you think about it, Goku is a kid at heart so I mean you want to reflect that as much as possible. I've never had a problem with either Ocean Group or FUNimation dubs though.

I have never watched JPN FMA but I thought the dub was great, no complaints here.

Also I think the Dragonball dub (not the Z dub) is FUNimation's best (including Kai) and really showcased Stephanie Nadolny's talent as Kid Goku. Her Kid Gohan was too deep and I've grown to like Colleen Clinkenbeard more for that role.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 13th December 2012 at 8:01 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Gurren Lagann, Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, Slayers, 4Kids Pokemon, Baccano!, Durarara!!, and Hellsing and Haruhi but only because of Crispin Freeman's awesome voice. (Wendee Lee and Stephanie Seh's performances in Haruhi can get grating)

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    (Wendee Lee and Stephanie Seh's performances in Haruhi can get grating)
    To merely quote Colress (from the Pokemon BW2 Trailer): I disagree (the latter especially since Stephanie matches Mikuru's JPN voice).

That is all. If you wish to reply, I'd like it if you were to VM me.

Oh yes and inb4 anyone else posts Cowboy Bebop.

I eagerly await the day a dub is released in which Crispin Freeman voices every character. If they don't want him to dub the females then I will only accept Sawashiro Miyuki since she has provided dub voices in the past. Until then, no dub is my favourite.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    I eagerly await the day a dub is released in which Crispin Freeman voices every character. If they don't want him to dub the females then I will only accept Sawashiro Miyuki since she has provided dub voices in the past. Until then, no dub is my favourite.
    It's funny because Crispin Freeman is best friends with some of my favorite dub VAs, the original Pokemon dub crew. He was even a prominent writer for the first season of the dub as I understand it. I like his work best as Zelgadis, Itachi, and Alucard.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    To merely quote Colress (from the Pokemon BW2 Trailer): I disagree (the latter especially since Stephanie matches Mikuru's JPN voice).

That is all. If you wish to reply, I'd like it if you were to VM me.
    Um... no thanks?

I'm perfectly fine if you disagree with me, I'm not upset about it or anything.

Oh yes and inb4 anyone else posts Cowboy Bebop.
    Check again bub.

This would be the most glorious thing ever.

Digimon dub can't stand the japanese version. While I love the Naruto dub I'll admit the Japanese version is quite good too. Best dub VA would be Dave and Yuri for me in Naruto

I quite like FMA's dub. Code Geass had a pretty good one too. ^_^
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Patrick Seitz is the best American VA.

That would be a very, very tall order. Like Empire State building tall. XD jk.

I enjoyed the Black Butler dub. The story is set in Victorian England, so the fact that they spoke English and had British accents made a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    I enjoyed the Black Butler dub. The story is set in Victorian England, so the fact that they spoke English and had British accents made a lot of sense.
    yeah... i always found it sort of awkward when a story is placed in the usa or anywhere else outside of japan but they would speak in japanese regardlessly. i know there's little they can do about it but still.

Gotta be the original yugioh series. I actually prefer the dub voices for the most part.

I love Yuri Lowenthal, Crispin Freeman, and Cristina Vee's voice.

I watched the Haruhi dub once. Kyon's voice was the only one who didn't go over the line. Well, Yuki's too. Michelle Ruff is great too.

In the end, Hellsing's my fave dub.
    Please help my dragons

Quote Originally Posted by mephistopheles. View Post
    yeah... i always found it sort of awkward when a story is placed in the usa or anywhere else outside of japan but they would speak in japanese regardlessly. i know there's little they can do about it but still.
    This is one of the many things that makes the K-ON! movie so amazing, the fact that the English characters, in England, actually speak English.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Sparks View Post
    I watched the Haruhi dub once. Kyon's voice was the only one who didn't go over the line. Well, Yuki's too. Michelle Ruff is great too.
    I watched the Haruhi dub once, it felt like some kind of torture device you would see in a Saw film, Crispin Freeman being the way to escape said torture device.
    My Anime List

This is one of the many things that makes the K-ON! movie so amazing, the fact that the English characters, in England, actually speak English.
    oh man i still have to watch that movie sometime, i can never find the time for it. or any movies for that matter. u_u

Actually there is this voice actor (forgot his name)
    He does the voices of Ash from Black Butler, Austria from Hetalia and Hiroto Minaka from Sekirei
    I think it is great xD

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Patrick Seitz is the best American VA.
    He needs to put more "HENTAI (Pervert not...yeah)-NO!" into Franky for One Piece. Some more "KURRRRRRRRRA!" and stuff. He sounds so generic there and I know Seitz can do so much better. Guy's "SUPPPPPERRRR" talented in Bleach, Naruto, and everything he does. Could be that FUNi did a crap job with dubbing that game and Seitz will do much much better in the One Piece FUNi dub itself.

Yeah, you can tell I think Franky is one of the most hilarious people in the Straw Hat pirates. xD.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Gotta be the original yugioh series. I actually prefer the dub voices for the most part.
    I think both the Pokemon dub (4Kids English) and YGO dub (Second Series Anime in JPN/Original YGO series) have great dub voices and I prefer most of them to the JPN counterparts.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 14th December 2012 at 2:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    He needs to put more HENTAI-NO! into Franky for One Piece. Or KURRRRRRRRRA! and stuff. He sounds so generic there and I know Seitz can do so much better. Guy's SUPPPPPERRRR talented in Bleach, Naruto, and everything he does. Could be that FUNi did a crap job with dubbing that game and Seitz will do much much better in the One Piece FUNi dub itself.

Yeah, you can tell I think Franky is one of the most hilarious people in the Straw Hat pirates. xD.
    You can say what you want about Seitz but trust me, it's better than *shudder* what could've been: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxJaFunXGVs

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    You can say what you want about Seitz but trust me, it's better than *shudder* what could've been: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxJaFunXGVs
    So true, so very true. That's one dub I will always hate 4Kids for doing. That was the crappiest 4Kids dub by far, ever, and I don't even hate 4Kids or hated them like many anime fans- you can tell lol. I know Faulerro made this video to show how crappy the 4Kids dub of One Piece was and would've been had they held on to it (personally, the YA-YO-YA-YO! intro was a good hint of that hence me avoiding it, or Usopp sounding like a complete idiot, or Sanji's Brooklyn Mobster voice etc.), but they blew it so badly. I was laughing so hard at this video though- terrible puns, edits, awful accents- all the worst of 4Kids in an English dub was their One Piece dub. That's one switch, I thank the lord, FUNimation took over.

Seitz is godlike by comparison: I'm just saying I know he can do so much better.

I will give 4Kids Marc Diraison's Zoro (of course they had to make it "Zolo" and mess that up): I prefer Christopher Sabat for that role, of course, but Marc was definitely the standout among the Straw Hats for that dub.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 14th December 2012 at 2:49 AM.

I've just had a startling revelation, a dub actually exists that I like better than the Japanese version. That's right my fellow Alt. Anime readers, by some miracle of god this dub actually come into existence. What is this miraculous dub, you ask? Supernatural, I like the fact that Jared Padalecki voices Sam, it's too bad Jensen Ackles didn't voice Dean though, but it's Supernatural, I just can't imagine it, live-action or anime, in any other language.
    My Anime List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast