Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 75

Thread: Your favorite dubs

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Celadon City, Den of Vice
    Posts
    2,244

    Default

    It would be easier to name the dubs I don't like, since dubs are my default. I won't talk about that however, since that is counter to the purpose of this thread.

    I like the Sailor Moon DiC dub and the Pokemon 4kids for all their cheesy glory.

    I prefer the Nelvana* dub of Cardcaptors. Mostly because I like the tomboy characterization of Sakura better.

    *which actually isn't the same as the terribly butchered version on kids WB

    When it comes to Dragonball/Z I only like the Ocean Group/Blue Water and Harmony Gold dubs. I grew up with the Ocean Group/Blue Water dubs, so I the VA's over having Christopher Sabat voice half the cast. As for Harmony Gold I have only seen clips because it is rare, but it's not that bad, changed character names and was put out in 1989. So it's got retro-kitsch.

    And Robotech, a lot of 90s shows cut out death and alchohol for T.V. This particular dub of Macross did not, and that's pretty impressive.

    Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/


  2. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    It would be easier to name the dubs I don't like, since dubs are my default. I won't talk about that however, since that is counter to the purpose of this thread.

    I like the Sailor Moon DiC dub and the Pokemon 4kids for all their cheesy glory.

    I prefer the Nelvana* dub of Cardcaptors. Mostly because I like the tomboy characterization of Sakura better.

    *which actually isn't the same as the terribly butchered version on kids WB

    When it comes to Dragonball/Z I only like the Ocean Group/Blue Water and Harmony Gold dubs. I grew up with the Ocean Group/Blue Water dubs, so I the VA's over having Christopher Sabat voice half the cast. As for Harmony Gold I have only seen clips because it is rare, but it's not that bad, changed character names and was put out in 1989. So it's got retro-kitsch.

    And Robotech, a lot of 90s shows cut out death and alchohol for T.V. This particular dub of Macross did not, and that's pretty impressive.
    I don't know why but Pokemon 4Kids Dub really just seems to be a good dub. Of course, the edits were dumb/unnecessary, the replacing of music was not needed, and I know 4Kids botched up a few things here and there (TPCi is the exact same in this regard only to a slightly lesser extent but again only people who don't bash 4Kids without actually watching both dubs would know almost nothing has changed in any of these aspects)...but overall it's a nice solid dub in my eyes. And yeah, I love its cheesiness haha.

    Kinda proved when 4Kids got their act together, they could do a good job. On the exact reverse end of that is One Piece.

    As for DBZ, I'm a FUNimation fan but I do like Ocean Group's as well. Blue Water...not so much, for me, but some voices are solid like Zoe Slusar and Dave Pettitt and one thing that was better about Blue Water is that Mark Menza's music is not in it, rap and beats etc. The OST was better and was from Original JPN, but FUNimation rectified that on the DBGT box sets.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    I've just had a startling revelation, a dub actually exists that I like better than the Japanese version. That's right my fellow Alt. Anime readers, by some miracle of god this dub actually come into existence. What is this miraculous dub, you ask? Supernatural, I like the fact that Jared Padalecki voices Sam, it's too bad Jensen Ackles didn't voice Dean though, but it's Supernatural, I just can't imagine it, live-action or anime, in any other language.
    I heard Supernatural has a very good English dub. I think, and yeah so many people say this but, Cowboy Bebop had one hell of a good dub. Slayers as well, back when Lisa Ortiz voice wasn't flying everywhere in 4Kids and TPCi's dubs and her Lina Inverse voice actually sounded rigid, excellent, and distinct.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 14th December 2012 at 2:12 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Gotta be the original yugioh series. I actually prefer the dub voices for the most part.
    I forgot about Yu-Gi-Oh!. I love me some 4Kids Yu-Gi-Oh! cheesy as it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    This is one of the many things that makes the K-ON! movie so amazing, the fact that the English characters, in England, actually speak English.
    I love this so much. Not just any English too, but with the correct accent!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    I've just had a startling revelation, a dub actually exists that I like better than the Japanese version. That's right my fellow Alt. Anime readers, by some miracle of god this dub actually come into existence. What is this miraculous dub, you ask? Supernatural, I like the fact that Jared Padalecki voices Sam, it's too bad Jensen Ackles didn't voice Dean though, but it's Supernatural, I just can't imagine it, live-action or anime, in any other language.
    I need to try to watch this again. I found it online and I had some spare time so I thought "Hey, why not?"

    But the person uploaded it subbed.

    WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?
    IT'S SUPERNATURAL. AUUUGH.

    But yeah, shame they couldn't get Jensen as well.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    1,179

    Default

    Aside from the obCowboyBebopvious, Pokemon, Eden of the East, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars and Yu Yu Hakusho (pity about the show it comes with, though).

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    To merely quote Colress (from the Pokemon BW2 Trailer): I disagree (the latter especially since Stephanie matches Mikuru's JPN voice).
    You know who else has said that? Everyone in the world at some point in their lives.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    He needs to put more "HENTAI (Pervert not...yeah)-NO!" into Franky for One Piece. Some more "KURRRRRRRRRA!" and stuff. He sounds so generic there and I know Seitz can do so much better. Guy's "SUPPPPPERRRR" talented in Bleach, Naruto, and everything he does. Could be that FUNi did a crap job with dubbing that game and Seitz will do much much better in the One Piece FUNi dub itself.
    Uh, you want him to speak more Japanese in the dub? I don't get it.
    Done here.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,426

    Default

    I don't mind dubs as long as the emotion and atmosphere remains the same. But my favorite dubs off the top of my head have to be (in no particular order):

    4KIDS Pokémon
    Digimon (because of the silly dialogue, though it was still not a bad dub overall)
    Monster
    Azumanga Daioh
    The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
    DragonBall Z
    4KIDS Yu-Gi-Oh (for the lulz and DAN GREEN)
    CLANNAD
    Studio Ghibli films (that I've seen)
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    You know who else has said that? Everyone in the world at some point in their lives.
    NOT PEOPLE WHO ONLY SPEAK FRENCH!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    CLANNAD
    inb4Jolteon91

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    inb4Jolteon91
    matt already told me not to bash dubs when I posted my opinion on how horrible Haruhi's dub is, so as to avoid another VM telling me not to do it I'm just going to avoid posting about how Clannad's dub is beyond terrible, possibly even on of the worst. Sorry to disappoint.

    Atleast no one has said K-ON! yet, I don't think I could resist that.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 14th December 2012 at 9:10 PM.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    matt already told me not to bash dubs when I posted my opinion on how horrible Haruhi's dub is, so as to avoid another VM telling me not to do it I'm just going to avoid posting about how Clannad's dub is beyond terrible. Sorry to disappoint.
    I don't see how it's bad, the voices obviously got much better by After Story. I do agree that it's so much better subbed, but like I said: I think a dub is good when it sticks close to the script, and keeps the same emotions and atmosphere from the original, and CLANNAD fit that well for me. And obviously I couldn't make my parents and grandparents watch it and have to read subtitles, so I had to go with the dub, and it did grow on me. Something that not even the Higurashi dub has accomplished (sort of), even though I was happy enough to recognize some of the voice actors. Two of them would go on to voice two characters in Monster (English voice actress of Miyo, and voice actor of Akasaka would voice Nina Liebert and Grimmer, respectably).

    But whatever. Opinions are opinions.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

  9. #34

    Default

    Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. The other dubs just annoy me with their stupid dialogue or I just don't like the voices at all. Well, that or they're just kinda ok, but I still prefer the originals.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I don't see how it's bad, the voices obviously got much better by After Story. I do agree that it's so much better subbed, but like I said: I think a dub is good when it sticks close to the script, and keeps the same emotions and atmosphere from the original, and CLANNAD fit that well for me. And obviously I couldn't make my parents and grandparents watch it and have to read subtitles, so I had to go with the dub, and it did grow on me. Something that not even the Higurashi dub has accomplished (sort of), even though I was happy enough to recognize some of the voice actors. Two of them would go on to voice two characters in Monster (English voice actress of Miyo, and voice actor of Akasaka would voice Nina Liebert and Grimmer, respectably).

    But whatever. Opinions are opinions.
    Don't you read? I said I wasn't going to post my opinion about how terrible Clannad's dub is, now you're going to get me in trouble with matt when I didn't even do it.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    1,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    NOT PEOPLE WHO ONLY SPEAK FRENCH!
    They say it in French.
    Done here.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    matt already told me not to bash dubs when I posted my opinion on how horrible Haruhi's dub is, so as to avoid another VM telling me not to do it I'm just going to avoid posting about how Clannad's dub is beyond terrible, possibly even on of the worst. Sorry to disappoint.
    Well, only for this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Don't you read? I said I wasn't going to post my opinion about how terrible Clannad's dub is, now you're going to get me in trouble with matt when I didn't even do it.
    Well, if you must, you can discuss whether or not the Clannad dub is bad or good outside this thread (with VMs/PMs). I mean, if you want to.
    Last edited by matt0044; 14th December 2012 at 9:43 PM.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    Aside from the obCowboyBebopvious, Pokemon, Eden of the East, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars and Yu Yu Hakusho (pity about the show it comes with, though).



    You know who else has said that? Everyone in the world at some point in their lives.



    Uh, you want him to speak more Japanese in the dub? I don't get it.
    Lol no just make him more silly and zany, that's all. Like wacko haha. What I meant by generic is just he's not having fun with him and stuff: I hope he does that lol, it'll be awesome when he gets into character.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 14th December 2012 at 10:05 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Bolt View Post
    Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. The other dubs just annoy me with their stupid dialogue or I just don't like the voices at all. Well, that or they're just kinda ok, but I still prefer the originals.
    I found one dub where Trunks sounds like a stoned surfer. XD

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    I found one dub where Trunks sounds like a stoned surfer. XD
    Let me guess: Big Green, right?

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Youtube
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Atleast no one has said K-ON! yet, I don't think I could resist that.
    I've watched both the Dubbed and Original K-ON! and I can say with great satisfaction that only the singing in the dubbed K-ON! is terrible. Mio's Dubbed voice, however, is the only one that i enjoy. all the other voices are bad.

    (It does say favorites, not the best) My favorite Dub is undoubtably Dinosaur King until the point in which someone on the internet can successfully subtitle the entire Japanese Series. Until then. Dinosaur King will remain in the top.

    Chobits was good. Mostly because Crispin Freeman. that's really the only reason i watched it in the first place.

    I Like the Abridged Yu-Gi-Oh voices way better than the Original. Dan Green is the only person I can actually see voice acting as yami... Up until I realized that The guy from The Jewel of Life movie was also Dan Green.

    Then Theres The World of Narue, which has a ton of 4kids actors but they actually fit the characters and the anime was funny as hell. That's got to be my number 2.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

    wouldn't Mega Arceus be

    the O-Mega Pokemon

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    I've watched both the Dubbed and Original K-ON! and I can say with great satisfaction that only the singing in the dubbed K-ON! is terrible. Mio's Dubbed voice, however, is the only one that i enjoy. all the other voices are bad.
    Every voice in K-ON!'s dub is terrible, it's like they said "**** it, we aren't even going to try and make this good because this will sell anyway." Everyone involved with it should be permanently blacklisted from their line of work, especially the VAs, hell it's like they were trying to be as bad as humanly possible, like they had some kind of bet and whoever performed the worst was the winner. I've heard hentai with better dubs.

    Yes, I know you were being sarcastic.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    I've watched both the Dubbed and Original K-ON! and I can say with great satisfaction that only the singing in the dubbed K-ON! is terrible. Mio's Dubbed voice, however, is the only one that i enjoy. all the other voices are bad.

    (It does say favorites, not the best) My favorite Dub is undoubtably Dinosaur King until the point in which someone on the internet can successfully subtitle the entire Japanese Series. Until then. Dinosaur King will remain in the top.

    Chobits was good. Mostly because Crispin Freeman. that's really the only reason i watched it in the first place.

    I Like the Abridged Yu-Gi-Oh voices way better than the Original. Dan Green is the only person I can actually see voice acting as yami... Up until I realized that The guy from The Jewel of Life movie was also Dan Green.

    Then Theres The World of Narue, which has a ton of 4kids actors but they actually fit the characters and the anime was funny as hell. That's got to be my number 2.
    The Narue dub was so weird in that it had 4Kids PKMN actors and TPCi PKMN actors heavily mixed into the VA work. Coincidence? I think not. Well, I think the first set of 4Kids actors did their best work on Pokemon if you ask me- I loved, loved, loved the dub they did, but it could be because it was my favorite show back when 4Kids held the license to it. Since the TPCi takeover, it just hasn't been the same to me. I don't think it's bad or anything: heck I think it's now decent-good-- I am just a little sad of all the 4Kids dubs that one had to go first, since it was very close to my heart. Some of Pokemon died for me for the English dub when they left, particularly the voice actors leaving. I think they were spectactular.

    I liked the Dinosaur King dub- much of the original PKMN cast was in it. Eric Stuart was DOCTOR. FREAKING. Z. as LK's Seto Kaiba put it.

    I think the original Yu-Gi-Oh dub cast is WAY better than LK though- no contest there. I love LK but the original YGO dub had some great VA work (imo of course).
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 15th December 2012 at 12:45 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Youtube
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Every voice in K-ON!'s dub is terrible, it's like they said "**** it, we aren't even going to try and make this good because this will sell anyway." Everyone involved with it should be permanently blacklisted from their line of work, especially the VAs, hell it's like they were trying to be as bad as humanly possible, like they had some kind of bet and whoever performed the worst was the winner. I've heard hentai with better dubs.

    Yes, I know you were being sarcastic.
    Only for that part, I was being sarcastic. I hate the voices in the K-ON! dub like I hated the 4kids dub of One Piece.

    Everything else I said was me being truthful. I agree with the above statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    The Narue dub was so weird in that it had some of the original 4Kids PKMN actors and 2 of the current TPCi PKMN actors. Coincidence? I think not.
    This is the only part I understood.

    are you that same kid who wants TPCi actors to get out of the anime and have the old ones return? because that's what it sounded like and that's never going to happen.

    EDIT: nevermind. the rest of your post explains that its not.

    Or your just trying to confuse the hell out of me. and its working
    Last edited by Autis-misc; 15th December 2012 at 12:42 AM.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

    wouldn't Mega Arceus be

    the O-Mega Pokemon

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Every voice in K-ON!'s dub is terrible, it's like they said "**** it, we aren't even going to try and make this good because this will sell anyway." Everyone involved with it should be permanently blacklisted from their line of work, especially the VAs, hell it's like they were trying to be as bad as humanly possible, like they had some kind of bet and whoever performed the worst was the winner. I've heard hentai with better dubs.

    Yes, I know you were being sarcastic.
    ...

    Thank you for that. And here I was trying to avoid certain topic derailers. Eh, it would've happened sooner or later. This is a forum after all and things like these should be expected. But it's really not my place to be mini-modding, of course.

    Just so we're clear, I'm not against anyone hating dubs. If you wish to create a "worst dub ever" thread, be my guest. Don't let me stop you. But I create this particular thread to let people say which dub they thought deserved credit where credit was due in a positive nature. I think I made my point.
    Last edited by matt0044; 15th December 2012 at 12:47 AM.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post

    are you that same kid who wants TPCi actors to get out of the anime and have the old ones return? because that's what it sounded like and that's never going to happen.

    EDIT: nevermind. the rest of your post explains that its not.

    Or your just trying to confuse the hell out of me. and its working
    I am a master of disguise and the jack of all trades, of course. JK. I just think they were great VAs. Truth be told I always hope they'll return, but I know 99% chance- it's not happening. I still hope SOVA somehow succeeds but I'm not holding my breath or anything that it will.

    So, in other words, I've made peace with it and am 99% sure it's not happening no matter what fans say/have said (as disheartening as that is for me- kills me to see what happened here, though). But I still do think SOVA should keep it up because a lot of people like Dan Green, Wayne Grayson, Sean Schemmel, and recently Stan Hart have come back. I wish nothing but the best luck for them and thank them, TPCi, and DuArt for getting many of them back in the dub at any rate.

    I like both casts and all the VAs but the 4Kids dub cast defines the characters they voiced during their tenure for me. Loved 'em, and felt no recasting was necessary at all. They were just fine as is. I know they aren't perfect and heck others may think TPCi's dub cast is superior (I think they are good VAs these days), but what can I say? The 4Kids VAs brought a touch of love that just can't be replicated to me.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 15th December 2012 at 1:06 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,060

    Default

    Dragon Ball Z... Kai. Returning actors show major improvement, replacement actors do wonders for their characters (Chris Ayres as Freeza. Nuff said), English dub script far more accurate with less bad jokes, etc.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Dragon Ball Z... Kai. Returning actors show major improvement, replacement actors do wonders for their characters (Chris Ayres as Freeza. Nuff said), English dub script far more accurate with less bad jokes, etc.
    I agree 100% with you on this one, Matt. DBZ Kai is a much better dub than DBZ IMO. Still, the cheesiness of the DBZ dub (Frieza: "Pop goes the weasel!") and the Faulconer music for FUNi dub don't bother me either.

    I grew up with the FUNi DBZ dub, but then I watched all the other dubs of DBZ and I gotta say, they're all great except for the infamous "Big Green," "Malaysian," and "Boys and Girls Club" dubs. Even those are good because they are so bad, they are hilarious. Malaysian one is just asking for laughs.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    242

    Default

    My favorite dub was the Yu Yu Hakusho dub.

  25. #50

    Default

    I know a few that I enjoyed:

    Yu Yu Hakusho (Funimation dub)
    Akira (2001 Pioneer dub)
    Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden
    Fist of the North Star (Mainly for Lex Lang's Kenshiro. Too bad the dub only covered 36 episodes)
    Deadman Wonderland
    Tenchi-Muyo! (The original TV series)
    Death Note
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters (A 4kids dub that I enjoyed)
    Cowboy Bepop
    Hetalia (Whole series)

    I also remember enjoying DBZ too. But I stopped caring about the series because of how ridiculous the fanbase has become thanks to the imbeciles on YT who constantly claim their opinions on a better dub as fact. I think the show is just child's play compared to FotNS/HnK anyway.
    Last edited by Fulgore2005; 17th December 2012 at 11:19 AM.


    Grieving for a brother, when he dies for trying to help you escape your evil ways

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •