Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 75 of 75

Thread: Your favorite dubs

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,135

    Default

    Gundam Seed, Gundam 00, Death Note. Pretty much anything done by Ocean.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 17 is up.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Griff4815 View Post
    Gundam Seed, Gundam 00, Death Note. Pretty much anything done by Ocean.
    My Little Pony count? Yeah, their Death Note dub was outstanding. As for fitting, no. Gundam 00 was hit and miss for me, though I prefer it over the Japanese audio here and there, there are some parts that do have some tweaks and I hate the use of the same actors here and there despite the separation and change of tone. No less, you are fully entitled to your opinion.

    Also, go Canada! Boo me as my Perfect Grade 00 Gundam model can't even stand on its own two feet ($500 down the drain) and the fact that (despite hating them) I'm thinking of ponies during a science fiction war drama (should have listened to those reviews and watched it with the Japanese audio).

    As for me? The original Fullmetal Alchemist definitely gets the number one spot on my list.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  3. #53
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Elsa's Ice Palace.
    Posts
    3,508

    Default

    Slayers. They done an awesome job on voice acting Esp it was great they changed Amelia and Zel's voices... I was very UNHAPPY when they changed Xellos's one though D: The one in Premium wasn't really him he was like *mumble mumble* In Revo and Evo-R...he was okay especially when he was singing. Amelia's other VA in Pemium was okay too.... just couldn't stand her first voice in ep 11-13 in the first season...it was very shrieky x_X nya~

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulgore2005 View Post
    I know a few that I enjoyed:

    Yu Yu Hakusho (Funimation dub)
    Akira (2001 Pioneer dub)
    Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden
    Fist of the North Star (Mainly for Lex Lang's Kenshiro. Too bad the dub only covered 36 episodes)
    Deadman Wonderland
    Tenchi-Muyo! (The original TV series)
    Death Note
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters (A 4kids dub that I enjoyed)
    Cowboy Bepop
    Hetalia (Whole series)

    I also remember enjoying DBZ too. But I stopped caring about the series because of how ridiculous the fanbase has become thanks to the imbeciles on YT who constantly claim their opinions on a better dub as fact. I think the show is just child's play compared to FotNS/HnK anyway.
    Lot of those dubs are rly good.

    Would recommend YGO GX and Ultimate Muscle dubs. Syrus has Wayne Grayson (Joey's VA) and Marc Thompson for Ultimate Muscle. Those are two of the other dubs 4Kids did that are relatively good (IMO, of course).

    On the Naruto and Naruto Shippuden dubs: Why does everyone hate Maile Flanagan? IDK. I like her Naruto just as much as Junko Takeuchi. What do u think?

    The PKMN and DB fanbases have grown so divided and irrational, so it's sad to see that. I mean, it's fine for us to disagree, so long as we're friendly about it. I think that's what we've forgotten these days in both fanbases. I mean, more than just 4Kids > TPCi or TPCi > 4Kids or Ocean > FUNi or FUNi > Ocean etc. Like on "this saga is crap," or "oh, you suck," and so on and so forth. I lost my way in the PKMN fanbase for a while, for example, and I think it's more due to both fanbases having trouble adjust to big changes. I think for myself that was the case. You're so accustomed to one take, that the other one is hard to accept, in other words.

    What do you think of Rurouni Kenshin? I liked that dub a lot as well.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 23rd December 2012 at 5:46 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    On the Naruto and Naruto Shippuden dubs: Why does everyone hate Maile Flanagan? IDK. I like her Naruto just as much as Junko Takeuchi. What do u think?

    T.
    I like Maile over the Japanese Naruto myself. She is on a show on Disney XD (Not Naruto some live action sitcom)

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    I like Maile over the Japanese Naruto myself. She is on a show on Disney XD (Not Naruto some live action sitcom)
    Out of pure curiosity, which one would that be?

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Out of pure curiosity, which one would that be?

    Lab Rats. She is the principal Not the worst show tbh. Well compared to that Dog with a Blog show lol

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Lab Rats. She is the principal Not the worst show tbh. Well compared to that Dog with a Blog show lol
    Interesting. I've seen that show too. It's watchable at the very least with some good parts unlike other s(h)itcoms on Disney XD.

    Speaking of which, I think I saw Richard Ian Cox (Inuyasha, Ranma, Kai Shiden, more) on a live action show once too. Something about a boat.

  9. #59

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Lot of those dubs are rly good.

    Would recommend YGO GX and Ultimate Muscle dubs. Syrus has Wayne Grayson (Joey's VA) and Marc Thompson for Ultimate Muscle. Those are two of the other dubs 4Kids did that are relatively good (IMO, of course).

    On the Naruto and Naruto Shippuden dubs: Why does everyone hate Maile Flanagan? IDK. I like her Naruto just as much as Junko Takeuchi. What do u think?

    The PKMN and DB fanbases have grown so divided and irrational, so it's sad to see that. I mean, it's fine for us to disagree, so long as we're friendly about it. I think that's what we've forgotten these days in both fanbases. I mean, more than just 4Kids > TPCi or TPCi > 4Kids or Ocean > FUNi or FUNi > Ocean etc. Like on "this saga is crap," or "oh, you suck," and so on and so forth. I lost my way in the PKMN fanbase for a while, for example, and I think it's more due to both fanbases having trouble adjust to big changes. I think for myself that was the case. You're so accustomed to one take, that the other one is hard to accept, in other words.

    What do you think of Rurouni Kenshin? I liked that dub a lot as well.
    Already seen GX, though I still prefer Duel Monsters myself. Interested about Ultimate Muscle. Maybe I'll have a look for it.

    I, myself, like Maile's Naruto. If anything, I thought her voice was more convincing for a boy character IMO.

    I understand the whole fanbase chaos. Such as the "Dude, my truck!" scene in DBZK. One person defended the line saying it was just a joke despite that the driver was supposed to be dead. Another claimed the driver was still alive because apparently Saiyans can control their power so that humans can't be killed by it. I understand why people would prefer Kai's script, but I was a bit iffy about it on a few occasions. Like the whole "Vegeta and Zarbon being professionals at English Literature" scenario as well as I thought some phrases didn't seem very natural like the "craggy shores of your ignorance". I don't see how that phrase could be made to sound intelligent, but I've said enough on the matter. I just think that some people try too much to defend their favourite version of an anime.

    I enjoyed Rurouni Kenshin dub. I was very surprised with the casting involved. Great performances from the likes of Lex Lang, Richard Cansino and Dorothy Fahn. (I' m one of the few who likes her Konan) Curious as to how they got Tara Jayne/Sands on the show. I thought she was in the NY area.

    Speaking of Lex Lang, here is a clip of his Kenshiro if anyone's interested.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koqYK33E1oo
    (Featuring the voice talents of Kirk Thornton, Peter Stellos, Robert Martin Klien, Jamieson Price, Barry Stigler and Bob Papenbrook)


    Grieving for a brother, when he dies for trying to help you escape your evil ways

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulgore2005 View Post
    Like the whole "Vegeta and Zarbon being professionals at English Literature" scenario as well as I thought some phrases didn't seem very natural like the "craggy shores of your ignorance". I don't see how that phrase could be made to sound intelligent, but I've said enough on the matter. I just think that some people try too much to defend their favourite version of an anime.
    You realize that everyone is Dragon Ball speaks the exact same language. From Aliens to difference races on Earth. The language barrier just doesn't exist in Dragon Ball, Z or GT. Plus, Vegeta's meant to be a regal prince of a warrior race and Zarbon is meant to be charming when not transformed.

    And the "Dude, my truck" line does get hate but I myself don't really care for such a minor hiccup.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulgore2005 View Post
    Already seen GX, though I still prefer Duel Monsters myself. Interested about Ultimate Muscle. Maybe I'll have a look for it.

    I, myself, like Maile's Naruto. If anything, I thought her voice was more convincing for a boy character IMO.

    I understand the whole fanbase chaos. Such as the "Dude, my truck!" scene in DBZK. One person defended the line saying it was just a joke despite that the driver was supposed to be dead. Another claimed the driver was still alive because apparently Saiyans can control their power so that humans can't be killed by it. I understand why people would prefer Kai's script, but I was a bit iffy about it on a few occasions. Like the whole "Vegeta and Zarbon being professionals at English Literature" scenario as well as I thought some phrases didn't seem very natural like the "craggy shores of your ignorance". I don't see how that phrase could be made to sound intelligent, but I've said enough on the matter. I just think that some people try too much to defend their favourite version of an anime.

    I enjoyed Rurouni Kenshin dub. I was very surprised with the casting involved. Great performances from the likes of Lex Lang, Richard Cansino and Dorothy Fahn. (I' m one of the few who likes her Konan) Curious as to how they got Tara Jayne/Sands on the show. I thought she was in the NY area.

    Speaking of Lex Lang, here is a clip of his Kenshiro if anyone's interested.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koqYK33E1oo
    (Featuring the voice talents of Kirk Thornton, Peter Stellos, Robert Martin Klien, Jamieson Price, Barry Stigler and Bob Papenbrook)
    Agreed on Maile Flanagan: she's great as Naruto to me. I think Junko sounds more female but I like her lighter pitch more for Naruto (I think Maile is more convincing but she has a slightly lower pitch for him).

    Yeah, exactly on the whole defense of one's favorite dub of an anime. We should just let the dub speak for itself, and then people are free to judge it anyway they deem fit. We shouldn't have to defend what's been presented: it's just subjective and all opinion, after all. That's the way I like to think of it these days.

    ROFL. I do agree Kai's scripting is more faithful to that presented in the original Japanese version of the series, but as a fan, I do not care for faithfulness as much as which show I enjoy more. Honestly, I feel DB Kai is very good: but if you ask me which show I enjoy more, it's Dragonball Z. So what if the dub has some alterations from the original presentation of the series in Japan? Both FUNi and Ocean had their edits and stuff, but I liked both dubs. Heck, the lines were simpler in the dub and it's arguable that kind of adds to the simplicity of the Dragonball series.

    Thanks for the clip of his Kenshiro. Sounds epic. Will def check that anime out.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Yeah, exactly on the whole defense of one's favorite dub of an anime. We should just let the dub speak for itself, and then people are free to judge it anyway they deem fit. We shouldn't have to defend what's been presented: it's just subjective and all opinion, after all. That's the way I like to think of it these days.

    ROFL. I do agree Kai's scripting is more faithful to that presented in the original Japanese version of the series, but as a fan, I do not care for faithfulness as much as which show I enjoy more. Honestly, I feel DB Kai is very good: but if you ask me which show I enjoy more, it's Dragonball Z. So what if the dub has some alterations from the original presentation of the series in Japan? Both FUNi and Ocean had their edits and stuff, but I liked both dubs. Heck, the lines were simpler in the dub and it's arguable that kind of adds to the simplicity of the Dragonball series.
    Well, it's something that some people just can't help. They feel the need to stick up for what they believe in and I can't really fault them for that alone. It can get annoying though.

    The DBZ dub is disliked due to the dub mangling characterizations such as Freeza and Goku. Hell, remember how Vegeta cried after Freeza mortally wounds him. In the JPN version, he cries how he has lost everything like his birth right and how he's begging Goku, said to be a low class Saiyan, to defeat Freeza. But in the dub? He cries how he was forced to work for Freeza because he threatened to kill his father and how he was made evil. It contradicts the character in the later Cell Saga where he's the same as always.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Well, it's something that some people just can't help. They feel the need to stick up for what they believe in and I can't really fault them for that alone. It can get annoying though.

    The DBZ dub is disliked due to the dub mangling characterizations such as Freeza and Goku. Hell, remember how Vegeta cried after Freeza mortally wounds him. In the JPN version, he cries how he has lost everything like his birth right and how he's begging Goku, said to be a low class Saiyan, to defeat Freeza. But in the dub? He cries how he was forced to work for Freeza because he threatened to kill his father and how he was made evil. It contradicts the character in the later Cell Saga where he's the same as always.
    I agree though, with your points about Vegeta in the dub and the original that is. The writing changes the whole character's story in the dub, but I mean I can't blame others for liking the story told the other way. I'm similar to them so I guess I can identify with their beliefs, but I mean it's not their fault they feel differently.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 26th December 2012 at 7:50 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,080

    Default

    I'm watching The Irresponsible Captain Tylor and it's dub pretty good with notable VAs from 4kids' Pokemon.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,574

    Default

    I'll be honest I can't stand the japanese Digimon (The opening songs are good) but I enjoy the cheesy dub lines a lot more XD

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I'm watching The Irresponsible Captain Tylor and it's dub pretty good with notable VAs from 4kids' Pokemon.
    Nice! I think I'll check it out. Bill Rogers (TPCi Pokemon's Brock) is in it too.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Nice! I think I'll check it out. Bill Rogers (TPCi Pokemon's Brock) is in it too.
    Crispin Freeman plays the titular character like a violin. Implying Mr. Freeman plays the violin at all.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Crispin Freeman plays the titular character like a violin. Implying Mr. Freeman plays the violin at all.
    LOL. haha. Thanks for the link btw. Appreciate it.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,080

    Default

    I consider Macross a great ADV (RIP) dub. It even had Lynn Minmei's voice actress from Japan, Mari Iijima, reprise her role in English.

  20. #70

    Default

    I like the Bleach dub. I enjoy the term Soul Reaper over Shinigami. Maybe it is me but when I thing Shinigami I think of a weird looking thing. Soul Reapers look much more normal
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/2rc6a2p.jpg[/IMG]

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    2,285

    Default

    Durarara!!, Baccano!, Death Note, Hetalia (at least the first season/series. I never watched the rest)... That's it I guess. There aren't that many dubs that stand out to me anyway. That, and I don't watch many dubs in the first place.

  22. #72

    Default

    Loved the Haruhi dub a lot
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/2rc6a2p.jpg[/IMG]

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,307

    Default

    I can't stand dubs for the most part -I prefer to watch anime in Japanese with english subtitles. Some good dubs include Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon (the earlier seasons befor they changed the voice actors), Neon Genesis Evangelon and Fruits Basket among others... however I also enjoyed the sub versions of Sailor Moon and Neon Genesis Evangelon equally. The worst dub I've come across is Cardcaptors -the person who voiced Sakura had a really squeky voice which I found annoying. So when I finish reading the Cardcaptors manga I'll definately be re-watching the series with subtitles.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NarutoUzumakikun View Post
    Loved the Haruhi dub a lot
    Haruhi dub makes my ears bleed for the most part.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Haruhi dub makes my ears bleed for the most part.
    So is it your favorite dub or must I point out this thread's title and purpose once again.?

    I'm not against a thread like "Worst dub in existence" being made so people gushing about how they dislike dubs is fine by me. It's just that this particular thread isn't that particular thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •