Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [RP]Realix Academy[RP]

The caramel haired girl beamed at Keith, "Hello! Nothing much, the usual with Shay and Drew! How are you?"
    As if to prove her point, two mentioned students was in a deep glaring contest.
    "It was your fault, hair-gel lover!" the darker haired sister snarled at the male.
    "My fault? You got to be kidding me", the 'hair-gel lover' snorted in disbelief.
    Marina sweatdropped.
    "So, is that your friend over there?" Marina asked, mentioning the late student, "Oh, he's late, but my sister is usually late to her lessons too! She either skips, sleeps in, or naps in class!"
    Shay glared at Marina.
    "You didn't have to tell him all that!" she barked in annoyance.
    "Hehe, sorry", Marina laughed sheepishly while Shay sighed.
    "Oh, what's up, Keith?" Drew greeted casually, just noticing him.
    Shay twitched, "Stop acting like a..."
    "Like a what?" Drew challenged.

Marina sweatdropped again.
    "Come on! Sit down before the grouchy looking teacher notices you're not sitting down!" Marina urged, still smiling cheerfully as she patted the seat next to her.

Meanwhile Shay and Drew was still in a fight, bickering a bit quieter than before to avoid the teacher.
    "What do you mean, I act like a freakin' Snorlax?" Shay hissed.
    "Like how you eat and sleep so much!"
    "I do not eat much! I only sleep more!"
    "My bad", Drew smirked, enjoying teasing the fuming female.
    Shay huffed, giving up, "Bickering with you have no point"
    Drew lazily smirked and slung his arm around her shoulders.
    So cute! Marina inwardly squealed.

"Anyway, Keith, what's your next class?" Marina asked, aquamarine eyes filled with curiousity.

Lucas Serenes and Lucia Ashford
    Room 101 - Basic Battling

Once the teacher called the volunteers up, Lucia looked to Lucas and said "Good luck Lucas."

As Lucas got up to take his place in the battle field, a student had shown up late to the class prompting a sigh from Lucia as she shook her head. In addition, Roxy had fallen off her chair causing Lucas to flinch.

Lucia looked at Roxy, who said she merely fell out of her chair, and thought "How do you just fall out of your chair!?"

After the distractions, Lucas stood at his end of the battle field and clutched his scarf as he observed his opponent. He was clearly older than Lucas, but he knew from experience older doesn't mean better.

His opponent sent out a Rotom, prompting Lucas to remember the one he and his friends met at the Old Chateau a year ago. Focusing back on the battle, Lucas decided the best possible option he had against it.

"Go Umbreon!" Lucas called out as he released Umbreon from his pokeball.

"Umbreon!" He exclaimed as he stood readily on the field.

Silence Dogood
    Basic Battling

Silence Dogood managed to note Elizabeth from just now. He simply did a wide backwards headtilt and waved. Samantha too, waved.
    Silence Dogood then noticed Keith in a corner of his eyes. He didn't exactly have a known reason to hate Keith, but he did feel slight rage within him whenever he saw Keith with Samantha. Thing is, he wasn't with Samantha, so nothing was felt.
    Young Silence Dogood noted his surroundings. That definitely did not look like the most attentive crowd. Silence got some empty notebooks, ready to analyse each and every Pokemon of each and every trainer. He knew of many Pokemon, since he had travelled before. Even if he has not seen a certain Pokemon, he has heard tales of such Pokemon, and briefly know what they look like.

The one he had seen before his eyes was known as an 'Umbreon'. It was a Dark-Type Eeveelution. Ability:Synchronise... Body type: Quadrapedal and slender... but I must not be fooled. Eelektross is a levitating, slender creature too, but it lacks speed and has bulk. Never judge a book by its cover... Silence's thoughts ran through his head. Umbreon was an Eeveelution. He knows that Eeveelutions have limited movepools, but make up for that with an extreme focus on a specific stat.

In other words, this Umbreon may be dangerous should the cards be played right.
    Please help my dragons

Roxy Lockhearte, Justin Metrix, and Demeitra Hansen
    Classroom 101- Basic Battling

Justin watched his opponents both send out a Pokemon, one sent out a Rotom and the other an Umbreon. The Umbreon has the type advantage, dark, against Rotom, ghost. But the battle isn't based entirely on type advantages, though a good type advantage is always good to have. I expect this battle to be an amusing one. Justin then looked back to Demeitra and caught her gaze.

Dema responded to his stare by mouthing vile profanity towards him and turning away from his gaze. The hell is he staring at? He should be focused on the battle, not my good looks! Dema crossed her arms but then was nudged by Roxy.

"Be nice!" Roxy said in a loud whisper.

"No! I refuse to be nice to that jerk!" Dema responded in the same voice.

"Just don't let it escalate to physical violence!" Roxy told her.

"I won't kill him, I promise" Dema replied. But I will punch him in the face!

Both girls turned their attenton back to the battle that would soon start.

Mr.Higgins took note of both the Pokemon that were being used and the trainers battling for his own record. He liked to keep track of where the trainers began before his class to see how much progress they made throughout the year.
    Last edited by Mickmon95; 2nd January 2013 at 9:14 PM.
    Credit to Lynchy

Jack Buster
    Practice Training Field, Basic Batting Class

"Go Umbreon," the other boy called out, letting out the dark type.

Smart choice, but it doesn't guarantee anything. He had heard of the eeveelutions, but they weren't native to the Santa Archipelago so Jack had never actually seen one life before. It was a dark-type though, meaning he new it in and out. The moonlight Pokemon, averages around three feet tall, can produce a toxic sweat but it isn't actually that powerful, Synchronize ability, pure dark. It may've had an advantage over Rotom's ghost type, but Jack was smart enough not to leave such a glaring weakness uncovered. Thanks to a move tutor back home, Oddball knew the bug-type Signal Beam.

"Before we start, I've been raised politely so I have to ask, what's your name?" Jack asked. After receiving his answer, Jack responded with "I am Jack Buster. Nice to meet you. Now let's get this battle started. Rotom, Flash."

"Rot," Oddball replied. The electricity surrounding him glew brighter and Jack looked away. A bright flash filled the area from Oddball before settling.
    Last edited by CuriousHeartless; 4th January 2013 at 10:26 PM.

Classroom 101 - Basic Battling

Lucia looked over her shoulder to see what appeared to be Demeitra and Roxy arguing over something then looked back to the battle thinking "What's up with that girl? I'm surprised Roxy's trying to get along with her after what happened yesterday when we first got here but I don't understand why the other girl is acting so cold towards her and Justin."

Lucas took a deep breath as he looked over the battle, he noticed Mr. Higgins seemed to be taking notes of some kind. He then thought over his odds, he knew he had a type advantage with Umbreon up against the Ghost-Type Rotom, however he understood that alone won't win a battle. In fact, the only reason he sent out Umbreon in the first place was simply because it had a better chance than Riolu did. Granted, Riolu knew Shadow Claw but Lucas knew better than to rely on a single move for victory.

Suddenly Lucas' opponent asked him what his name was. Lucas looked puzzled for a moment until he smiled and told him "My name is Lucas Serenes."

His opponent then introduced himself as Jack Buster before having his Rotom use Flash. Lucas and Lucia both quickly shielded their eyes from the bright light that followed.

Once the light subsided Lucas looked back to the field and saw Umbreon was rubbing his eyes. "Are you all right Umbreon?" Lucas called out, to which Umbreon quickly shook his head before managing to open his eyes and nodded in response.

Lucas knew Umbreon's sight was most likely hindered by the Flash and wondered what to do until he could see properly again. When he made a decision Lucas called out "Umbreon, use Faint Attack!"

"Umbreon!" He exclaimed in response as he started towards Rotom, after running for a second or two he suddenly disappeared for a short moment before reappearing right in front of Rotom and swiping at it with his left paw.
    Last edited by Andydemon; 5th January 2013 at 7:19 AM.

Roxy Lockhearte, Demeitra Hansen and Justin Metrix
    Classroom 101- Battling Basics

Roxy was watching the battle with her full attention as soon as the first move was made. The Rotom made the first move with a brilliantly blidning flash, causing everyone in the classroom to shield their eyes. Roxy didn't look away in time and caught some of the bright light directly to her eye. She had to keep blinking repeatedly until she regained most of her vision, though it was still a bit blurry. "That flash sure was bright..." Roxy whispered to herself still blinking.

Dema noticed Roxy's strange blinking and realized she must've caught some of the flash in her eyes. She gave a small smirk and a sligh chuckle. "You really should be more careful, Roxy" Dema whispered to her in a sincere tone of voice.

Justin was smart enough to look away as soon as Jack called out his move. He didn't feel any off the effects of the Flash. He watched as the Umbreon used Faint Attack to reappear face-to-face with his foe's Rotom. Faint Attack a good move to sort of fake out your opponent. It'll be almost impossible to counter or evade that move from such a short distance.

(OOC: I'm really sorry for not having posting in a while, the holidays have gotten in the way of that)
    Credit to Lynchy

(Sorry bout taking forever. I tried to post, but just had mental block before.)

Jack Buster
    Basic Battling

Intelligent choice, Jack thought as Lucas called out the attack. Faint Attack, a move that couldn't hit unless the target was flying, diving, or digging. It rendered Oddball's flash useless. But it was also a physical move that brought the user and target right next to each other, so it had a glaring weakness. Rotom's defensive capabilities were also a good bit higher than Umbreon's attack capabilities, so even with the type advantage it wasn't going to beat him in one hit. Oddball did have low health though, so even the weakened attacks would beat him quickly. Umbreon's specially defensive capabilities also beat Oddball's special attack capabilities, but by much less. The lessons on strategy he had taken kicked in and Jack summarized the battle quickly. It could really go either way, but Jack had a plan. "Signal Beam"

Oddball took the Faint Attack and flipped over in mid-air from the impact before righting itself. A multi-colored energy ball appeared on the tip of the spike on top of his head and he tilted forward, aiming at the point-blank Umbreon. He shot the energy as a beam of Bug-type energy.

Lucia smirked upon seeing Umbreon's Faint Attack hit Jack's Rotom but silently cursed when she heard Jack call out a Signal Beam.

Lucas flinched as the Signal Beam struck Umbreon at point blank range. Seeing him get hurt made Lucas wish he had sent out Riolu for this battle, sure all he had was Shadow Claw but at least he would've been resistant to Signal Beam.

He quickly thought over his options on what to do, he could either have Umbreon use Torment to keep Signal Beam from being use repeatedly or use Double Team to lessen the chances of him getting hit. Either way Lucas knew if Jack had a mind to teach his Rotom Signal Beam to counter a type disadvantage then he could be prepared for anything.

After taking a deep breath, Lucas regained his composure, held onto his pendant and said "Whatever happens, I have faith we can overcome this." and then called out "Umbreon, use Torment!"

Umbreon looked menacingly at Rotom as he prepared his attack and yelled out "Umbreon!" to Rotom in an intimidating howl.

Jacck Buster
    Basic Battling

Umbreon backed up a little from the attack, butits owner looked more affected. The boy flinched, took a breath, and grabbed something around his neck. He was obviously worried about his Pokemon and trying to think. Jack would probably have to think on his feet here. Lucas called the order, "Umbreon, use Torment." The moonlight Pokemon howled its name intimidatingly. Torment meant Oddball couldn't use Signal Beam twice in a row for a while.

"Good job, but I was trained in strategy so I'm not done until my Pokemon faints. Rotom, Thunderwave." Jack ordered.

"Tom," Oddball called back. He gathered a small electric burst and shot it at the still close dark-type.

Eva Mono
    Side Area, Basic Battling

Eva watched the battle, not having anything else to do. Jack called out Oddball-Eva thought the Rotom was cute, but not as cute as her Pokemon- and the other boy used an Umbreon. She had never seen one before and thought it was adorable. The match was still early on and a clear winner was't immediately determinable.

Lucia merely watched as Umbreon performed it's Torment attack, she knew Lucas would use that move as he taught it to Umbreon specifically to prevent moves like Rotom's Signal Beam from being used too often. But she started to worry again after Jack called out Thunderwave.

Umbreon jumped away from Rotom too late to avoid the attack and became paralyzed, effectively slowing him down.

Lucas started getting nervous as he knew all too well from watching Lucia and Pichu battle that paralysis can turn the tables in any battle. He had to come up with a way to counter this, but with Umbreon's movements severely limited and there now being no guarantee that the move will even work anymore he had to plan something carefully.

That's when a thought hit him, he thought about using a combination of moves he usually uses with Umbreon, such a thing wouldn't work as effectively as Umbreon was slowed down by the paralysis, but the first move could at least buy Umbreon some time.

Lucas thought back to when Jack said he was trained in strategy, he interpreted that as meaning he knew how to counter any sort of attack. Deciding to try an use that possibility to his advantage, Lucas called out "Umbreon, use Double Team!"

"Umbre!" Umbreon exclaimed as it quickly formed a series of doubles on Lucas' side of the field, with a total of 10 clones in all they made a fan formation with the most of them being in the middle close to where Jack's Rotom is.

"They might try something, be ready!" Lucas said to the Umbreon clones, prompting them all to nod and stand their ground.

Justin Metrix, Roxy Lockhearte, and Demeitra Hansen
    Basic Battling - Room 101

The whole class was watching the battle intently and Mr.Higgin was taking long notes on each attack, the power he saw and the effectivness on the attack. Mr.Higgins was the type of teacher who focused on details and took very thorough notes on the skills he saw in his students. He then stood up and walked beside the field and cleared his throat. "Alright, that's a good job to both of you. This was only for a demonstration for the typical form in which battles will run. You may return your Pokemon and return to your seats, gentlement" Higgins told them as he took his place in front of the classroom once again.

"Now, class tomorrow we will be meeting in the Overgrown Forest for some work on catching Pokemon until the bell rings you may quietly socialize with your classmates," Higgins explained sitting back at his desk.

"Whoo! Great job to both of you guys!" Roxy exclaimed to the boys who had participated in the battle. "Both of your Pokemon were excellent!" Roxy shouted again with an excited smile.

"That Roxy sure is a character. I've never met someone so-" Justin said before he was cut off.

"Crazy? Nuts? Ditzy? Irritatingly perk?" Dema suggested in an insulting voice.

"I was going to say colorful, but unfortunately those adjectives can fit her sometimes," Justin commented. "That's still no excuse for you to be so rude to her, Demeitra" Justin told her.

"I can do what I want. I certainly don't need your approval on who I can and cannot be rude to. Besides, I'm rude to everyone in case you haven't noticed" Dema replied.

"Demeitra you're not rude! You just have a unique sense of humor!" Roxy chimed in with her perky voice.

"Roxy, I actually mean the insults that I dish out. Like when I call you a dumb ditz, I actually think you were dropped on your head as an infant" Dema told her.

"Hahahaha! You're so funny! You crack me up!" Roxy laughed ignorantly.

"Well, I'll be damned, there's someone who is immuned to your cruetly. I truly believe you two will be great friends because of that" Justin added in.

"We already are good friends, silly willy" Roxy giggled.

"Well I'm screwed" Dema groaned. Usually my rude comments and cruel sarcasm drive people away, but maybe Justin is right. Roxy is the first person I've ever met to withstand me and not get her feelings hurt. I guess, that means I could actually have a friend. Not that I need one, though. I'm absolutely great on my own. Dema smiled a bit.

That was when the bell rang for the students to move on to their next class.
    "Looks like it's time to go to our next class, which is...Basic Pokemon Study" Justin said as he stood up from his chair. "It's in room 201 which is exactly one floor up," Justin added.

"Hurry up, Roxy!" Dema exclaimed as she stood up.

"Aren't we going to walk with Justin to our next class? I mean we all have it together" Roxy questioned curiously.

"I still don't like him! He is a jerk and I don't want to spend anymore time than I have to with him!" Dema exclaimed angrily.

"Okay, I'm coming. Bye, Justin. See ya in class" Roxy said as she followed Dema out the door and into the hallway.

"She really hates me..." Justin whispered to himself. I guess I was kind of rude making those assumptions about her. But oddly, I feel like I want to know why she is so dysfunctional. Like I should help her... Justin shook himself out of his thoughts and was out the door.

There was a staircase just around the corner to the left of Mr.Higgins' room, which is the one Roxy and Dema took to get to the second floor. They quickly found room 202, since it was directly above their first class. They were the first ones in and observed the room.

There were twelve black tables that sat two students per table and were divided into three rows of four. Roxy and Dema took the table that was in the front of the classroom. That was when they noticed the teacher at her desk typing on her computer. That was Ms.Sarden with long black hair to her waist wearing a lab coat. Underneath that lab coat she wore a long sleeved purple button up shirt with a matching skirt and dress shoes. She had black circlur glasses that made her look nerdy.

Roxy looked around the room to see informative posters all over the classroom about different things such as stat changes, status afflictions, and different potions. "This class looks very...informative" Roxy whispered to herself.
    Credit to Lynchy

Monifa Carson | [x]
    Classroom 201 – Basic Pokemon Study

Monifa applauded lightly once the teacher announced the match was over. Despite it not being as intense as she had anticipated it to be, she still was curious about who was going to win. Since the best of the best were elected to attend this place, she was hoping to have seen—heard—something spectacular. Maybe it was the classroom setting and the idea of being in an educational institution unnerved them, or barred them from showing their best. With so many top trainers and awesome battlers in one place, she had figured battles would be a bit more aggressive. Instead, this one seemed a little “polite” to her, like chess. After one player makes a move, that player must wait until his opponent makes their move. Pokémon battles were not under such restrictions. Some matches she had witnessed on television and even in person revealed how one-sided a battle can become. Or maybe the spectacular battles on the tube were fantastical at best. She had never attended a Pokémon League competition to know for sure.

The first day of class turned out to be mildly exciting and the teacher was considerate enough not to load them down with work on the first day as some liked to do. Not that Monifa would have minded. It would have given her something to look forward to and do later in the day. Mr. Higgins instructed them that the next day the class would be meeting in Overgrown Forest so they could catch Pokémon.

Now that sounds like fun. Monifa never really thought about it much until someone brought it up—the notion of catching wild Pokémon. She never actually caught a Pokémon before; Ultros was given to her by the company, Plush she raised from a Happiny while she worked at the company’s breeding facility, and Baba she hatched and raised from an egg. She was a breeder or wanted to be a breeder. Breeders, particularly new breeders, definitely needed a way to get more Pokémon and catching was often one of the top options. Perhaps she never pondered on it because, deep down, she thought it to be one of those impossible tasks.

[i]Looks like we’ll be having a serious discussion tonight. I’m sure Ultros will be excited.[i] Mr. Higgins allowed the class to socialize for the remaining period. Monifa took that opportunity to think about strategy in capturing her future teammate. Training a wild Pokémon was definitely going to be a challenge, the type of which she has never experienced. Dear Groudon, lend me strength on that day.

Before long, the bell sounded and chairs scraped the floor almost in unison. Monifa waited for most of the students to file out before attempting her exit. If memory served her correctly, the next class was Pokémon Basic Study. The only trouble now was finding the room. Upon leaving Mr. Higgins’ class, the noise of the students flooded to the left and that was the way she went. After turning a corner, Monifa’s stick struck something. At first she thought it to be a wall, but moving it up revealed it not to be. It was a step, or more precisely, a staircase. She should have known as much when some of the noise seemed to come from above. Monifa wasn’t afraid of scaling stairs, but neither was she fond of them. Aside from the fire escape, elevators were the primary means of getting to the upper floors in the Flash Company so she was a little rusty when it came to stairs.

Back to the basics. One step at a time. Needless to say, climbing the stairs was slow going. One hand stayed on the railing while the other held the stick. She was certain the stairs weren’t that long, though it seemed to take forever. A small breath of relief escaped her lungs when the floor finally leveled out. Following the flow of noise led her to the appropriate room. However, Monifa still felt the panel on the side to make sure. She made her way through the new room until she managed to get to the unoccupied, front-right table. Monifa settled herself in and waited to see what this class held.

Room 101 - Basic Battling

Before Jack could try to counter Umbreon's Double Team, Mr. Higgins called the match off. Lucas took the chance to go up to Umbreon ask him "Are you all right Umbreon?"

"Umbreon!" Umbreon happily exclaimed with a nod to Lucas but then looked down as if in disappointment.

Noticing this, Lucas merely pet Umbreon on the head telling him "It's okay Umbreon, I know you did your best, just rest for now." before recalling him into his ball.

Lucas then approached Jack and offered a handshake to him saying "Thank you for the match, you really had me on edge back there."

As Lucas headed for his desk he opened his pendant to look at his and Riolu's picture again, then closed it once he sat down. Roxy had complimented both the combatants and their Pokemon prompting Lucas to laugh nervously as he scratched the back of his head.

Lucas and Lucia spent the last moments of class time talking about the match. Lucia told him "You did all right Lucas, the match looked pretty even until the end."

"Ya, but I didn't expect Rotom to know a Bug Type move, Umbreon could've gotten hurt badly." Lucas told her in response.

"Maybe, but you'll figure out a way to overcome it, I know you will." Lucia reassured him.

Once the bell rang, all the students headed out of the classroom. Lucas was getting up from his desk when he noticed Justin had split up from the two girls.

Lucas and Lucia had decided to go with Justin to their next class and caught up to him quickly. Once they did so Lucia told Justin "I don't like that one girl you were with in class. I don't mind Roxy, she's friendly albeit a bit...eccentric. But that other girl was acting cold towards the both of you the whole time." she then proceeded to ask Justin "What is her problem?"

Shay yawned while clapping politely, she knew she was being rude but those kind of battles was just boring to her.
    Marina applauded enthusiastically, "That was a great battle!"
    "Really?"
    "There was a bit of flaws in their strategy", Drew answered at the same time.
    "Anyways, lets go", Shay mumbled as she staggered to her feet.
    "Don't tell me you're half-asleep", Drew groaned.
    "I'm not!" Shay snapped as she grabbed her small bag and started to walk to their next classroom.
    Drew shook his head and Marina started to chatter about how brilliant the class was and how she thought that the battle would be more wild and intense.

They walked up the the staircase among the river of students, and struggled to get out of the crowd of students as they rushed to get to the class of 202.
    The room revealed was actually quite simple with twelve black desks and many posters informing about stats..
    A teacher sat at the front, seeming to be completely absorbed in her work.
    The copper haired girl tugged both her friends to unoccupied seats at the second row.
    The dark mahogony haired girl seemed to drift to sleep again, her eyes threatening to close any second while the jade-eyed male fiddled with his Xtransceiver, waiting for the class to begin, not anticipating the class at all.
    "Bored already, you two?" Marina teased, not bored at all unlike her friends as her aquamarine eyes sparkled with mischief and excitement.
    There was no response from Shay who had easily fallen asleep which made Marina pout while Drew just gave a silent nod.
    "Meanies, all of you", she sulked, wishing she had her Zorua with her.

Sergio Valentine, Elizabeth Greene, and Johnathan Jones
    Basic Battling - Room 101

Awwwww man! I missed a chance to battle! Sergio watched the battle between the two trainers with both interest and envy. If he had just woken up on time for once he would've been able to show how awesome he was at battling to everyone in the class. Now, everyone just knows him as the guy who was late to the first class on the first day. I'll show them! When they see me in battle, they'll think twice about thinking so badly about Sergio Valentine!

The battle ended up not lasting long though, as Mr. Higgens ended before it could get too far. This made Sergio feel a bit better since it meant he really didn't miss that much.

What Mr. Higgens said after that took the interest of not only Sergio, but also Elizabeth and Johnathan. Sergio of course was always ready to catch new Pokemon to add to his team. Sure, he had caught a Haxorus yesterday, but to Sergio tomorrow was a different day and a different chance to catch some Pokemon. As for Elizabeth and Johnathan, the though of catching their own Pokemon was interesting. Neither of them had ever done it themself before; Elizabeth's Pokemon were all gifts from her parents, and Johnathan raised all of his Pokemon from eggs.

The bell rang and all of the students began to leave the class to the next one. The three of them got out of their seats and made their way to the next class, which was up on the next floor. Elizabeth and Johanthan entered first and took a seat next to eachother close to the front, while Sergio took a seat near the back. Like there's anything basic about Pokemon that I don't know already. I'll just sit back here where no one will bother me.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

Alex Caverly
    Battling 101

As the battle came to a close, Higgins allowed the class to mingle around until the next class started. Alex was glad that he didn't have to battle in front of the class, but he was in fact wondering when exactly his first battle at the academy would take place. His Pokemon were young, but strong, and would certainly be able to hold their ground against other opponents. However, something that Alex was focused on for a while was getting his Wartortle to evolve. Blastoise was one of Alex's favourite Pokemon, not to mention its monstrous size would be a huge advantage in battles. Suddenly Alex snapped back at reality. " So, Eva, how'd you like the battle?" Alex smiled. "I'll admit, it had me at the edge of my seat." He said. Alex got up. "Hold on I'll be right back." He said to Eva, as he walked towards Jack, Eva's cousin.

"That was a pretty good match. It sucks that Higgins called it off." Alex said. As Alex stood next to Jack, he noticed the considerable size difference. He was a over a foot taller than Jack. Alex didn't say anything, as he wanted to avoid accidentally saying something offensive. "So, you're Eva's cousin?" Alex obviously knew he was, but Jack didn't know Alex was Eva's friend.

A few moments later, the bell rang, which signalled the end of the class. "Hey, Eva, you want to walk to the next class?" Alex asked.

(OOC: Mickmon, what's the move policy? Can Pokemon only know four moves, or can they know more but only use four per battle, or what?)

Jack Buster
    Training Field

Lucas's Umbreon took the Thunderwave, trying to dodge but being too late. It was paralyzed, slowing it down and making it possible for it to just stop up while attacking. That really turned the tides into Jack's favor, not that Lucas was really ahead of him to begin with. The Umbreon did manage to pull off Double Team, though. Umbreon and ten illusory clones of it appeared in a fan formation facing Oddball. Oh well, Discharge would hit them all so it would destroy the clones and hit the real one without having to guess which was which. But before he could order the attack, the teacher started speaking. "Alright, that's a good job to both of you. This was only for a demonstration for the typical form in which battles will run. You may return your Pokemon and return to your seats, gentlement" Mr. Higgins returned to the front of the class after cutting off the battle. Surprised at being cut off, Jack fumbled for Oddball's Pokeball in his pocket and returned him before starting to return to his seat.

His opponent, Lucas, ran up to and comforted his Umbreon before returning it. THen he approached Jack and said something to him, "Thank you for the match, you really had me on edge back there." He also offered a hand which Jack shook.

"You're welcome, and thank you. Nice Umbreon, and nice strategy using Faint Attack to counter Flash." The two walked together for a second but only because they both had to return to the general sitting area.

"Now, class tomorrow we will be meeting in the Overgrown Forest for some work on catching Pokemon until the bell rings you may quietly socialize with your classmates," Mr. Higgins explained sitting back at his desk. Jack already had a large number of Pokemon he caught or obtained in his journey back home, so he didn't really need to work on it. But the ability to catch some Pokemon that lived here but not back in the Santa Archipelago might be nice.

"Whoo! Great job to both of you guys!" A girl yelled, obviously excited. "Both of your Pokemon were excellent!" She shouted again, letting Jack's gaze find her in the crowd of students. She was some girl with red hair and a very excited smile, Jack didn't know her but returned the smile-albeit smaller and calmer-to be nice.

Then another boy, Jack didn't know him either, approached Jack. "That was a pretty good match. It sucks that Higgins called it off." The boy said. He was a over a foot taller than Jack, so Jack had to look up at the boy's face. The boy seemed a bit nervous about it. "So, you're Eva's cousin?"

"Yes," Jack replied. It annoyed Jack a little that the boy didn't introduce himself, but he seemed to be a friend of Eva's. His cousin was always a friendly one.

Eva Mono
    Her seat, Basic Battling

Eva watched the battle. A winner still wasn't determinable, but it seemed to be leaning in Jack's favor right up until the Umbreon used Torment, then it balanced out again. Then Oddball paralyzed it, pulling it back in Jack's favor. Umbreon used Double Team and Jack was about to counter when the teacher called the match off. Jack obviously fumbled for his Pokeball, a sign that Eva picked up meant her cousin was surprised. The teacher announced that they were going to the forest tomorrow to work on catching Pokemon. Eva had only caught one of her Pokemon and only had three total, so the idea of getting more was exciting. And then Mr. Higgins told them they could socialize until class ended. This probably wouldn't be her favorite class, Eva disliked serious battles and all, but at least the teacher seemed nice and reasonable.

"So, Eva, how'd you like the battle?" Alex asked her. "I'll admit, it had me at the edge of my seat."

"I've seen better," Eva shrugged. "And truth be told, I'm not a big fan of battling."

Alex stood up, "Hold on, I'll be right back." Alex walked down to talk to Jack. The talk didn't last long. The bell rang, meaning class one for the day was over. Alex came back up and offered to walk ot the next class with Eva. All students in their class had the same classes until the last period of the day, so it wasn't like walking with him could hurt.

"Sure," Eva replied. She grabbed her stuff and they left the class.

Eva Mono and Jack Buster
    Room 201, Basic Pokemon Study Class

The second class of the day interested Jack less than the first class did, so he took one of the seats at the third table back in the first row of tables. He sat there and looked around. The teacher was a young woman, definitely a newer teacher, and looked like a scientist in her lab coat. A check on the schedule revealed this class to be taught by, and the teacher's name to be, Ms. Sarden.

Eva walked in with Alex and looked at the set up of three rows of four tables, each holding two people. "Come on, let's sit together." She grabbed his arm and pulled Alex to the third table in the far row.

Alex Caverly
    Room 202
    Class #2

Eva and Alex walked into the class, and Alex noticed that there were already a few people already there. That was quick...Alex thought to himself. it had only been a few minutes and people were already there. He expected it to be somewhat empty. Suddenly, Eva grabbed Alex's arm, wanting to sit together. "Come on, let's sit together." Eva said, as they sat in the far row. As Alex sat down, he noticed the teacher was a female this time. Not that there was anything wrong with that, just something Alex picked up. She was wearing a lab coat, and her name was written in the board. Ms. Sarden... Alex thought to himself.

Alex was kind of hoping that this class wasn't so 'interactive'. He wasn't too keen on doing stuff in front of the class, such as the battle last class for example. It wasn't because he was shy, just slightly uncomfortable with it. For this class, he was hoping it was just one of those 'sit through lectures, and write-notes' kind of class. For some strange reason, those were his favourite. He found them to be straightforward and simple. You go to class, write-notes, and then leave. But for some reason he had a feeling it wasn't those type of classes.

He twiddled around with his fingers, waiting for class to start. He was getting hungry, and didn't want his stomach growling in front of the whole class. "Hey Eva, you wanna go get lunch after? If you don't have plans of course."
    Last edited by AJ2000; 15th January 2013 at 2:27 AM.

(OOC: Pokemon can have more than four moves as long as its actually possible for them to learn it)

Justin Metrix
    On way to second class

Justin met up with his new friends: Lucas and Lucia to go to their next class. Lucia then proceeded to tell him that she didn't like Demeitra and aksed what her issues was. "Yeah, Roxy is pretty unique from any other girl I've ever met" he sighed. "Demeitra? I don't know what her problem is. Though I was kind of rude to her at first, so she probably hates me. But I don't know why she is so rude and cold to everyone," Justin explained curiously. As they continued on to their next class, Justin continued to speak. "Maybe she has an attitude problem...or just likes to be alone. I've met people like her in my life before, people who push others away. But not to this extreme, there's gotta be some sort of reason" he commented.

This reminds of me Skylar, Lyla's old friend back from Sinnoh. He had been a normal guy, kind and polite to everyone. But when he lost his mother due to a natural disaster, he just shut everyone out. Lyla tried talking to him but it was useless, he couldn't let go of the past. He was so afraid of losing anyone else he loved, that he just didn't let himself love anyone else so there wasn't a risk. Lyla was a lot better with people than I am...I miss her so much. She's probably one of the few people who probably could've reached out to help Demeitra. She had such a kind and pure heart, so free and compassionate. Roxy kind of reminds me of Lyla, so happy and innocent. Maybe not the obliviously dumb part, but nonetheless she has a pure soul. Maybe Roxy is just what Demeitra to learn how to communicate and coexist happily with other people. Justin then came back down to the present as he walked up the stairs. "Looks like that's our classroom" he said pointing to Room 201.

Roxy Lockhearte, Demeitra Hansen, and Justin Metrix
    Room 201 - Basic Pokemon Study

Justin entered the room looking at Roxy and Demeitra chatting amongst themselves and quickly looked away when Dema began turning towards him. "Let's sit in the back," Justin suggested to Lucas and Lucia as he took a seat in the back table. Justin wanted to give Demeitra time to cool off before he tried to approach her again. If there's one thing I learned from Lyla was that you never let a poor unfortunate soul stay suffering alone. She would want me to help Demeitra. I'll sure try. Besides, I promised Lyla I would help those in need always. Justin looked towards the front of the classroom and watched teacher write some notes on the large chalk board in the front.

"Awkward" Lyla stated as she noticed the tension in the room Dema had with Justin. "I don't get it, Dema. I mean we're friends, why can't you be friends with Justin?" Roxy asked curiously.

"Because, all my life I've had people assuming that my attitude is a cry for help or some sort of way of psychological trauma that I express. I hate people assuming things about me, because they don't know me!" Dema stated. She took a deep breath in and out to calm down.

"Well, is it either of those things?" Roxy asked again.

"It's not a cry for help! I don't need help from anyone!" Dema snapped.

"What about the other one? The psycho thingy majigger" Roxy told her as if she didn't notice Dema's anger.

"Uh...I'll admit I'm still hurt from the tragedy of my past...but I am fine!" Dema replied in a lower voice.

Roxy then gave a Dema a hug. "It's okay now, you don't have to carry this weight on your own anymore. That's what friends are for, to help each other out" Roxy told her.

Dema was about to tear up and pulled away from Roxy's hug. "Thanks...but touch me again and I'll be force to punch you into next week" Dema said firmly.

"Hahahaha! You're so funny!" Roxy giggled loudly. "We are gonna be best friends forever! We can have make overs, bake cakes, put outfits together..." Roxy continued listing all these frilly and girly things that she wanted to do with Demeitra.

"Somebody kill me" Dema groaned as she sank in her chair and put her head down on the desk.
    Credit to Lynchy

Silence Dogood
    On (his) way to the second class

Young Silence Dogood had just witnessed the battle. For Pokemon of minute size, they were definitely bursting with energy. Silence Dogood had written everything he could infer from those Pokemon. Naturally, he knew that he couldn't judge a Pokemon by appearance alone, so he still needs to learn more. Maybe in the next class he will learn more about the different trainers.

He looked beside. Samantha Sparks didn't look very fine. She was probably afraid of the battle despite the fact that she had been battling for half a decade. The timid one is a big mystery. Silence simply went 'pssst' to her, implying that they should be heading to their next class.

While they walked, Samantha stuttered while saying, "You know Silence, I- I just met you and all, but-"
    Silence raised his right hand and smiled. The effeminate man smiling was getting more common ever since meeting new friends in this school. It was, however, still a very rare sight.
    Please help my dragons

Lucas and Lucia listened intently as Justin told them what he could about Demeitra. Once he finished, Lucia responded "Even if she does have some kind of problem, that doesn't me she can just take it out on other people. It's people like her that scare Lucas the most."

Lucas thought it over for a moment and said "Maybe she's just the kind of person that has to get used to new people."

Lucia looked at Lucas and told him "Even so, she better not say anything hurtful to you. You went through enough of that back home before we met."

When the group made it to their next class, both Lucas and Lucia looked over the classroom. Seeing the tables and the way they were set up, as well as all the posters on the wall, reminded them of a Science class.

Justin had suggested they sit in the back, so Lucas and Lucia followed him to the back tables and sat down close to him.

As they waited for class to start Lucas once again opened his pendant to look at the photo of his 10-year old self and Riolu.

Lucia noticed this and told Lucas "You've been looking at that pendant a lot today. I know Riolu's not out and around with you like he usually is, but it's not like he's somewhere far away."

Lucas laughed nervously in response before telling her "I know that, but it sure feels that way sometimes."

Keith WEston
    Rooom 101 Basic Battling

Keithwatched as the battle wrapped up. He noted taht both the students were skilled in certain areas, and weak in others, but overall, both very very tough. Keith was about t turn to Marina and say something but the bell rang and he forgot.

"Ah, finally, something i am more interested in." Keith walked seeing everyone else and realizing he was a little late, butnoticed the teacher was too interested in her work to notice him. He took a seat next to Samantha and Silence.
    "Hey Sam! Hey Silence." Keith tipped his hat to greet them.

"what did you think about that battle?"
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Eva Mono and Jack Buster
    Room 202, Basic Pokemon Study

Eva took a quick look around the room. Scientific posters of Pokemon hung everywhere. The teacher's name was on the board, Ms. Sarden. She wore a lab coat. Definitely something sciencey. She really hoped it was a hands-on class. She didn't like just taking notes, she had to do something or watch someone do something.

"Hey Eva," Alex asked, "you wanna go get lunch after? If you don't have plans of course."

"I'm pretty sure third period is next," Eva replied. "Lunch isn't until later. But when it comes, of course I'll go with you." She gave him a smile. "Although now I wonder when lunch is, I just know it's not next."

From the opposite side of the room, Jack had finished looking aorund and had gotten out a notebook and some pencils. He didn't really care about this class, but no need to not pay attention and end up failing. It wasn't that learning about this stuff wasn't important, it was just that it was basic. Well, the important things were basic. Anything not so basic could come in handy, but if so many people could be successful without high quality teaching then it really wasn't needed. Unneeded in the long run and not so interesting. I am so excited, he thought to himself sarcastically.

Roxy Lockhearte, Demeitra Hansen, and Justin Metrix

Ms.Sarden finished typing on her computer and stood up to close the door, as if in sync with the ringing bell. "Alright class, please settle down" Ms.Sarden said in a firm voice. "Welcome to your first day of Basic Pokemon Study, here you were learn about Pokemon and everything about them. Today we will start off with a twenty question test about the general things any normal trainer should know," she explained as she passed out a two-sheeted packet to each student. "Now, since this test is basic knowledge anyone should know you are expected to get all the questions correct. If you miss even one question, you automatically fail the test. Now go, you have thirty minutes. And any cheatin will result in immediate expulsion!" she finished as she sat back down at her desk.

Roxy had to take a few breaths to calm herself down and quell her test anxiety. "Come on, Roxy focus. You can do this, just concentrate" she whispered to herself confiedently. " Question 1.): What pokemon is known as the Evolution Pokemon? A.) Porygon B.) Electabuzz C.) Magmar D.) Eevee" the question and answers to number one read. Roxy squealed with joy as she knew the answer to the first question and quickly circled answer choice D with her pen.

Dema was arrogantly speeding through the test, answering each question with her first instinct and no second guessing. " Question 17.): At what level does Pikachu evolve into Raichu? A.) 23 B.) 57 C.) Trick question, it evlolves with a stone D.) 1 " read the seventeenth question and answer choices. She circled answer choice C with a smirk on her face.

Justin wasn't having any issues with test, but he was taking his time to make sure not to make any stupid mistakes from not taking full use of his alotted time. " Question 5.): What Legendary Pokemon is said to be in control of time? A.) Dialga B.) Palkia C.) Manaphy D.) Giratina " the question and answer choices read. He took a few seconds to eliminate each answer choice that was wrong and then choose answer choice A.
    Credit to Lynchy

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast