Page 23 of 78 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 575 of 1930

Thread: United States Gun Control: Gun Control = Fascism Everybody!

  1. #551
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,834

    Default

    Well those against the NRA are not going to gain support with idiotic ads like this one.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...SI8Yd2aY#at=46

    Not only does it compare or even suggests that this Congressman is on the same level as the shooter of the highschool but it even goes further in it's pure ugliness.

    " Here’s the problem: The CSGV has done some selective editing in its video. In its version of the ad, Barrow displays a pistol and says:

    “Long before I was born, my grandfather used this little Smith & Wesson here….”

    It cuts the Augusta congressman off there. How did Barrow finish the sentence in the original, and what did the CSGV choose to omit? This:

    ”…to help stop a lynching.”"

    The idiots actually edited out why the gun was needed and how it saved a life.... how freaking pathetic.
    "No. I don't agree with him on a LOT of issues. Unlike most Republicans, who are blindly loyal to their party" ~ Maedar on Barack Obama

  2. #552
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    unfunny location
    Posts
    1,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Well those against the NRA are not going to gain support with idiotic ads like this one.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...SI8Yd2aY#at=46

    Not only does it compare or even suggests that this Congressman is on the same level as the shooter of the highschool but it even goes further in it's pure ugliness.

    " Here’s the problem: The CSGV has done some selective editing in its video. In its version of the ad, Barrow displays a pistol and says:

    “Long before I was born, my grandfather used this little Smith & Wesson here….”

    It cuts the Augusta congressman off there. How did Barrow finish the sentence in the original, and what did the CSGV choose to omit? This:

    ”…to help stop a lynching.”"

    The idiots actually edited out why the gun was needed and how it saved a life.... how freaking pathetic.
    I'm going to agree with you here, that was pretty bad. And by 'pretty bad' I mean too awful for words.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

  3. #553
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    History lesson for everyone. In 1989, George H.W. Bush issued an executive order that banned the import of assault weapons following the shooting that took place in an elementary school at Stockton, CA. In 1998, Clinton issued an executive order to ban a shipment of more than 50 assault weapons that were modified to go through the "sporting purposes" exemption.

    Suddenly when Obama does executive orders on gun control, he's a king according to Rand Paul and a tyrant according to the right wing media such as Fox News and gun nuts.

  4. #554
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Some of those are really good and I do applaud Obama on it, the only one I have a problem with is this...

    "16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

    Doctors already are having a MAJOR problem asking these stupid questions and dealing with the questionnaire in the Affordable Care Act, I have even talked to my own doctor about it and found out he is having problems with patients getting angry with how rigid it is and that they cannot deviate from the questions. Asking another non medical related question ontop of that seems as useless as it does stupid and will only hurt doctor/patient relationships.
    Hmm it should be a relavent question if the person have been shot though.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  5. #555
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Hmm it should be a relavent question if the person have been shot though.
    If you have been shot you are not going to your doctor, you are going to the hospital... But the question that is being asked is not a question if you are getting treatment, it is part of the idiotic questionnaire that doctors must ask their patients as part of Obamacare, during the questionnaire period the patient cannot seek treatment for anything else, they can only answer questions from that sheet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    History lesson for everyone. In 1989, George H.W. Bush issued an executive order that banned the import of assault weapons following the shooting that took place in an elementary school at Stockton, CA. In 1998, Clinton issued an executive order to ban a shipment of more than 50 assault weapons that were modified to go through the "sporting purposes" exemption.

    Suddenly when Obama does executive orders on gun control, he's a king according to Rand Paul and a tyrant according to the right wing media such as Fox News and gun nuts.
    History lesson for everyone! Rifles of ALL types only killed 323 people in 2011, that is lower than knives, body parts, and clubs or hammers. But Democrats still see them as something that must be taken down!
    Last edited by BigLutz; 19th January 2013 at 2:24 PM.
    "No. I don't agree with him on a LOT of issues. Unlike most Republicans, who are blindly loyal to their party" ~ Maedar on Barack Obama

  6. #556
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    I'm going to agree with you here, that was pretty bad. And by 'pretty bad' I mean too awful for words.
    All Political ads are bad and manipulative. This is hardly new.

  7. #557
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    These United States.
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    History lesson for everyone! Rifles of ALL types only killed 323 people in 2011, that is lower than knives, body parts, and clubs or hammers. But Democrats still see them as something that must be taken down!
    Sadly it's not just Democrats; there's been some talk about how quite a few gun owners changed their mind about the Second Amendment after the tragedy that occured in Newtown.

    Of course the shooting in Newtown was a tragic and horrendous act, but as BigLutz pointed out, banning "assault" rifles would not really do much. Should responsible gun owners be punished due to the acts of criminals? Either way, if a criminal wants to break the law, he or she will find some other way to do it and will not care about gun laws.

  8. #558
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    If you have been shot you are not going to your doctor, you are going to the hospital... But the question that is being asked is not a question if you are getting treatment, it is part of the idiotic questionnaire that doctors must ask their patients as part of Obamacare, during the questionnaire period the patient cannot seek treatment for anything else, they can only answer questions from that sheet.
    !
    I missunderstood that, I figured doctors work at a hospital so when you are going to the doctor..
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  9. #559
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas.
    Posts
    2,164

    Default

    Aaahhh the debate forum I missed you guys

    Don't feel like debating but I'm going to insert my 2 cents...

    2 people die of gun violence in Japan yearly...it went up to 22 one year and the Japanese went crazy.
    30 people die in the US every day....about 11,000 per year in America.
    Highest rate of guns per 100 people and gun ownership in the US. Obviously the NRA myth of more guns = safer populous is false if it doesn't work in the US.

    Okay I'm done.
    Something about Pokabu, right?

    Put this in your sig if you think Profesco is hot (started by Ethan)

  10. #560
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    Aaahhh the debate forum I missed you guys

    Don't feel like debating but I'm going to insert my 2 cents...

    2 people die of gun violence in Japan yearly...it went up to 22 one year and the Japanese went crazy.
    30 people die in the US every day....about 11,000 per year in America.
    Highest rate of guns per 100 people and gun ownership in the US. Obviously the NRA myth of more guns = safer populous is false if it doesn't work in the US.

    Okay I'm done.
    Japanese Americans have more access to guns than those in Japan, yet have a lower violent crime rate, explain that.
    "No. I don't agree with him on a LOT of issues. Unlike most Republicans, who are blindly loyal to their party" ~ Maedar on Barack Obama

  11. #561

    Default

    They're in an entirely different situation than back in Japan? Asian Americans tend to be very wealthy, for instance. Many of them come over here for jobs.

    The poor Japanese people stay in Japan, and the poor are the most likely group to commit crimes.
    Black: Keegan - 4127 4040 9358

  12. #562
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinofhonor View Post
    They're in an entirely different situation than back in Japan? Asian Americans tend to be very wealthy, for instance. Many of them come over here for jobs.

    The poor Japanese people stay in Japan, and the poor are the most likely group to commit crimes.
    That seems to be a bit of racial profiling, not every Japanese family will be wealthy or rich, nor is gun violence relegated to just the poor areas, especially when it comes to say a child shooting him/herself or domestic violence.
    "No. I don't agree with him on a LOT of issues. Unlike most Republicans, who are blindly loyal to their party" ~ Maedar on Barack Obama

  13. #563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    That seems to be a bit of racial profiling
    No, it's not racial profiling. It's a fact. Japanese Americans have a different socioeconomic makeup than the Japanese in Japan. See the graph I posted.

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    not every Japanese family will be wealthy or rich, nor is gun violence relegated to just the poor areas, especially when it comes to say a child shooting him/herself or domestic violence.
    So? That's not relevant to the original argument. You asked why they had a lower violent crime rate than native Japanese, and their average socioeconomic status explains that.

    Your exceptions aren't relevant to the statistics, either. "Japanese Americans have a lower violent crime rate than native Japanese" does not mean "Japanese Americans are incapable of committing violent crime."
    Black: Keegan - 4127 4040 9358

  14. #564
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinofhonor View Post
    No, it's not racial profiling. It's a fact. Japanese Americans have a different socioeconomic makeup than the Japanese in Japan. See the graph I posted.
    That graph is a median for asians, not merely Japanese, nor does it say all Asians make that rate, just that the median of them do. There are richer Asians and Poorer Asians. Trying to use this as a example of why they have less violent crime than Japan seems like a complete red harring with no factual basis behind it.

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinofhonor View Post
    So? That's not relevant to the original argument. You asked why they had a lower violent crime rate than native Japanese, and their average socioeconomic status explains that.
    Again the data covers all Asians not just Japanese, it belays the fact that there are many poor Japanese who have access to guns, if poverty and access to guns automatically equates to violent crime then the numbers should be far higher than Japan. Because as noted Japan has very little gun violence with little access to guns.

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinofhonor View Post
    Your exceptions aren't relevant to the statistics, either. "Japanese Americans have a lower violent crime rate than native Japanese" does not mean "Japanese Americans are incapable of committing violent crime."
    Never said they couldn't, however one could say that there are more societal factors to violent crime than guns = more violence.
    "No. I don't agree with him on a LOT of issues. Unlike most Republicans, who are blindly loyal to their party" ~ Maedar on Barack Obama

  15. #565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    That graph is a median for asians, not merely Japanese, nor does it say all Asians make that rate, just that the median of them do. There are richer Asians and Poorer Asians. Trying to use this as a example of why they have less violent crime than Japan seems like a complete red harring with no factual basis behind it.

    Again the data covers all Asians not just Japanese, it belays the fact that there are many poor Japanese who have access to guns, if poverty and access to guns automatically equates to violent crime then the numbers should be far higher than Japan. Because as noted Japan has very little gun violence with little access to guns.
    Apologies for the original graph. Click the first graph here. The Japanese American family income is still above average. This also shows that their rate of poverty is below average.

    Do I need to spell this out? Higher income correlates with lower violent crime rate. Japanese Americans have a higher income, and therefore a lower violent crime rate. Guns are irrelevant to their rate of violent crime.

    I still don't get your point about rich and poor households. That's like responding to someone saying blacks are disproportionately incarcerated and saying "Well, rich blacks aren't." Exceptions, once again, are irrelevant to statistical arguments.

    If you want to argue that poor Japanese Americans have lower violent crime rates than poor native Japanese, say so. But that's not what you've said so far.
    Black: Keegan - 4127 4040 9358

  16. #566
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinofhonor View Post
    Apologies for the original graph. Click the first graph here. The Japanese American family income is still above average. This also shows that their rate of poverty is below average.

    Do I need to spell this out? Higher income correlates with lower violent crime rate. Japanese Americans have a higher income, and therefore a lower violent crime rate. Guns are irrelevant to their rate of violent crime.
    By your logic seeing how White Incomes are close to that of Japanese Americans, their violent crime rate should be close to that correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinofhonor View Post
    I still don't get your point about rich and poor households. That's like responding to someone saying blacks are disproportionately incarcerated and saying "Well, rich blacks aren't." Exceptions, once again, are irrelevant to statistical arguments.

    If you want to argue that poor Japanese Americans have lower violent crime rates than poor native Japanese, say so. But that's not what you've said so far.
    Again because being rich does not automatically make you immune to violent crime, there are many stable middle class families that have members who get caught up in violent crime. Japan has a very low violent crime rate, and the U.S. has a even lower one, but that seems to be more to do with their culture than their wealth. If it was strictly because of wealth, then we should see the same number across the board.
    "No. I don't agree with him on a LOT of issues. Unlike most Republicans, who are blindly loyal to their party" ~ Maedar on Barack Obama

  17. #567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    By your logic seeing how White Incomes are close to that of Japanese Americans, their violent crime rate should be close to that correct?
    I see your point. I'd argue that Japanese Americans are likely more homogenous due to being a minority, but I can't find any data to back that up so I'll back off.
    Black: Keegan - 4127 4040 9358

  18. #568
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    I bet one day people will say that the 2nd amendment gives them the right to have mini-nukes in their house.
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  19. #569
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    I bet one day people will say that the 2nd amendment gives them the right to have mini-nukes in their house.
    This is a ridiculous sensational statement.

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  20. #570
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    This is a ridiculous sensational statement.
    How is that a ridiculous statement? I mean people can get militairy weapons now and use the second amendment as their defence.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  21. #571
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    How is that a ridiculous statement? I mean people can get militairy weapons now and use the second amendment as their defence.
    Actually no they can't assault weapons like the AR-15 differs considerably from their military counterparts they merely look the same because the design is nearly perfect for a rifle.
    "No. I don't agree with him on a LOT of issues. Unlike most Republicans, who are blindly loyal to their party" ~ Maedar on Barack Obama

  22. #572
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Actually no they can't assault weapons like the AR-15 differs considerably from their military counterparts they merely look the same because the design is nearly perfect for a rifle.
    Republicans say that banning assault weapons violates the 2nd amendment.
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  23. #573
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    Republicans say that banning assault weapons violates the 2nd amendment.
    And how does that contradict my statement that the AR-15 is not a military weapon?
    "No. I don't agree with him on a LOT of issues. Unlike most Republicans, who are blindly loyal to their party" ~ Maedar on Barack Obama

  24. #574
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    'MURICA
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    And how does that contradict my statement that the AR-15 is not a military weapon?
    Well technically, AR-15 is both.

    It ranges from boltaction, semi-auto, automatic, and shotgun. I have all 4, 2 is built in one, with a select fire switch. We usually just use it for target shooting, or having fun, like explosive targets.

    And it really doesnt matter, you can turn a gun into semi or automatic. My cousin is turning his .22 pistol into 3 round burst. Which in the state is illegal. So he put in a hidden switch to switch it single fire, or 2 round burst.

    And they can't really control it, cause guns will be smuggled just like drugs, but they can try to stop it, won't get everything though. Plus the people that sell to family/friends. Unless they ban every gun, which they can't do because of the 2nd amendment. Or riots probably. They may minimize situations, but they will never get rid of guns and the harm they do to people.
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

  25. #575
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    As Colbert said, if those people who keep on going on about their 2nd amendment rights actually knew what they were talking about, it would mean they are willing to attack our government.
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

Page 23 of 78 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •