Page 27 of 78 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 675 of 1930

Thread: United States Gun Control: Gun Control = Fascism Everybody!

  1. #651
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cup of Tea View Post
    Support. Gun Control laws are a joke as they are now. Anyone can own an ASSAULT rifle. Yes, we have the right to bear arms. However, when that was written, ARMS DID NOT REFER TO AUTOMATIC WEAPONS that can take out tens and tends of people in seconds. The NRA needs to get their sh*t together.
    but they DID have cannons....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    White: Liquid(Serperior), Steve(Wargle), Kitsune(Zoroark), Bowser(Carracosta), Benisuzume(Volcarona), Yin(Zekrom)
    FC: 2623 2056 1823-Tatyana

    Black: Solidus(Samurott), Cell(Reuniclus), Tator(Krookidile), Archie(Archeops), Buckshot(Sawsbuck), Yang(Resiram)
    FC: 1420 6686 1330-Mike

    White2: Longpig(Emboar), Lucky(Sh Scolipede), Jimmy(Vanilluxe), Tetsujin(Golurk), Peanut(Jellicent), Rose(Ferrothorn)
    FC: 2237 5012 1360-Kain

  2. #652
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Haha. I came late to the discussion. So I personally don't think we need stricter gun control laws, but I am in favor of a background check. The second amendment states that it CAN'T BE INFRINGED. Limiting our second amendment rights would be unconstitutional. However, if we do background checks, a) responsible gun owners won't have their rights limited, and b) insane people will have trouble getting guns. But limiting our gun rights will only take the weapons from the hands of good people. Last time I checked, criminals don't obey the law. Why should it be different for this one?


    I'm not on much anymore...

  3. #653
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    unfunny location
    Posts
    1,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master3019 View Post
    The second amendment states that it CAN'T BE INFRINGED. Limiting our second amendment rights would be unconstitutional.
    Constitutional rights are not unlimited. The first amendment protects freedom of speech but it's not unrestricted. Death threats, libel, and copyright violations are all illegal. By your logic, banning death threats would also be unconstitutional.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMaaan View Post
    Thanks, there was no reason to be like that, I could just find your quotes where you support bullying. I've made clear countless times that my parents spoke with her parents, it didn't work, i spoke with her, it didnt work, what the hank do you want me to do? call the cops, lol? slapping her was the only option, only an idiot wouldn't be able to grasp that, her bullying should NOT be allowed to continue. It's obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    - YourFavoriteUser because, well I forgot what I was going to put here but I was definitely going to shout him out for something.


  4. #654
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master3019 View Post
    Haha. I came late to the discussion. So I personally don't think we need stricter gun control laws, but I am in favor of a background check. The second amendment states that it CAN'T BE INFRINGED. Limiting our second amendment rights would be unconstitutional. However, if we do background checks, a) responsible gun owners won't have their rights limited, and b) insane people will have trouble getting guns. But limiting our gun rights will only take the weapons from the hands of good people. Last time I checked, criminals don't obey the law. Why should it be different for this one?
    Well you atleast try to give criminals a hard time trying to get the weapons. Otherwise it just sounds like giving up.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  5. #655
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    unfunny location
    Posts
    1,423

    Default

    Also, if criminals don't follow laws, then why do we have laws in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMaaan View Post
    Thanks, there was no reason to be like that, I could just find your quotes where you support bullying. I've made clear countless times that my parents spoke with her parents, it didn't work, i spoke with her, it didnt work, what the hank do you want me to do? call the cops, lol? slapping her was the only option, only an idiot wouldn't be able to grasp that, her bullying should NOT be allowed to continue. It's obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    - YourFavoriteUser because, well I forgot what I was going to put here but I was definitely going to shout him out for something.


  6. #656
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    Constitutional rights are not unlimited. The first amendment protects freedom of speech but it's not unrestricted. Death threats, libel, and copyright violations are all illegal. By your logic, banning death threats would also be unconstitutional.
    All of those cause personal harm or damage to another person. By your logic, everyone can have whatever gun they wish as long as they do not shoot or aim it at some one.

  7. #657
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    212

    Default

    If someone wants a weapon for protection, go for it. Law abiding citizens shouldn't have their uninfringable gun rights infringed. I just don't want to sell them to psychos. And I want armed guards at school doors. Had there been one at Newtown, it wouldn't have happened.


    I'm not on much anymore...

  8. #658
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    @fart
    Posts
    1,096

    Default

    there was security at columbine and that still happened
    life is
    a game

  9. #659
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    there was security at columbine and that still happened
    More security, then.


    I'm not on much anymore...

  10. #660
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    there was security at columbine and that still happened
    The security was not actually inside of the school, he exchanged fire with the shooter and then he waited until police to arrive, in other words he did nothing resembling actual school security.

  11. #661
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Well you atleast try to give criminals a hard time trying to get the weapons. Otherwise it just sounds like giving up.
    while at the same time punishing law abiding citizens and making it harder for them to obtain them.

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  12. #662
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    @fart
    Posts
    1,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    while at the same time punishing law abiding citizens and making it harder for them to obtain them.
    no sane, law-abiding, average joe desperately needs a gun. if the right regulations were brought in, it would still be easy enough to obtain a gun if you are mentally stable enough to actually own one at all. i am sure you could wait a week or two between applying for a gun licence and getting a firearm
    life is
    a game

  13. #663
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    no sane, law-abiding, average joe desperately needs a gun. if the right regulations were brought in, it would still be easy enough to obtain a gun if you are mentally stable enough to actually own one at all. i am sure you could wait a week or two between applying for a gun licence and getting a firearm
    I could see a two week waiting period as being fine, as long as it is waved in extreme cases or supplanted by another weapon. For example the rape victim who is now looking for protecting to prevent from going through the experience again, or the battered wife who is on the run. Because for the rare circumstance, there are some people where waiting two weeks to get a equalizing weapon can mean life and death.

  14. #664
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    6,539

    Default

    Wouldn't giving a recently raped person a gun immediately be a bad thing? Considering rape is easily one of the most traumatic experiences someone can go through giving them a deadly weapon wouldn't be the smartest thing to do. Same as a battered woman to a lesser extent, what's going to stop her from thinking a stranger is her abusive husband and shooting them by mistake because she's too traumatized?
    The average person after entering #spp-misc
    3DS Friend Code 4656-5949-1831

  15. #665
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Wouldn't giving a recently raped person a gun immediately be a bad thing? Considering rape is easily one of the most traumatic experiences someone can go through giving them a deadly weapon wouldn't be the smartest thing to do. Same as a battered woman to a lesser extent, what's going to stop her from thinking a stranger is her abusive husband and shooting them by mistake because she's too traumatized?
    That is true, but at the same time what is stopping the husband from tracking her down in the two week waiting period and finishing the job?

  16. #666
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    6,539

    Default

    That's when she goes to the police, a friend, family member, anything that can actually protect her.

    Remember this would be a woman who would be so wrapped up in fear that she's on the run. What makes you think in those few days she would be able to shoot someone who has essentially tormented her for an extended amount of time. There's also the fact that she would have to learn to use the gun, and in that short amount of time there's no way she would be able to get good enough.

    Plus if the husband did catch up with her and she was unable to shoot him most likely he would do even worse things to her.
    The average person after entering #spp-misc
    3DS Friend Code 4656-5949-1831

  17. #667
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    That's when she goes to the police, a friend, family member, anything that can actually protect her.

    Remember this would be a woman who would be so wrapped up in fear that she's on the run. What makes you think in those few days she would be able to shoot someone who has essentially tormented her for an extended amount of time. There's also the fact that she would have to learn to use the gun, and in that short amount of time there's no way she would be able to get good enough.

    Plus if the husband did catch up with her and she was unable to shoot him most likely he would do even worse things to her.
    Well first if the husband is tracking her down to find her, after she left then more than likely he plans to do the worse things possible for her. The police can't just lock her up for two weeks, and while she could go to a friend or family member, the husband more than likely will be going to those places first, and unless they have a gun then there is just a greater chance for more casualties.

  18. #668
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    6,539

    Default

    But if you give her a gun you either have a person who would have stockholm syndrome and couldn't bring herself to shoot him, or someone who becomes so paranoid and distressed that an unknown noise behind her would cause her to shoot an innocent person.

    Plus there are battered women's shelters specifically for these things, and they even would help her out mentally.
    The average person after entering #spp-misc
    3DS Friend Code 4656-5949-1831

  19. #669
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    But if you give her a gun you either have a person who would have stockholm syndrome and couldn't bring herself to shoot him, or someone who becomes so paranoid and distressed that an unknown noise behind her would cause her to shoot an innocent person.
    You honestly think that a battered woman only fits in those categories? If she has ran away she clearly recognizes he is a threat, and more than likely would bring themselves to shoot him. And while they would more than likely be paranoid, that does not mean some one is going to make the jump to taking a life so easily, or become a wild shooter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Plus there are battered women's shelters specifically for these things, and they even would help her out mentally.
    There is, but there are not battered women's shelters everywhere.

  20. #670
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    6,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    You honestly think that a battered woman only fits in those categories? If she has ran away she clearly recognizes he is a threat, and more than likely would bring themselves to shoot him. And while they would more than likely be paranoid, that does not mean some one is going to make the jump to taking a life so easily, or become a wild shooter.
    This isn't a Lifetime movie the of the week. For a person filled with desperation and fear the worst thing to give them is a gun. If anything she would almost be as likely to shoot herself out of fear that her husband would do worse. And you seriously think that a battered woman who has probably had zero control in her life in years would be able to fire a gun to even injure another person over the course of a couple days? There might be a few, but there's no way the majority would be able to do it.


    There is, but there are not battered women's shelters everywhere.
    There are 1500 in the United States alone, and even if staying at friends or family is a bad idea they could take someone to one. Also the police would also take the woman, as well as arrest the husband if they have sufficient evidence.
    The average person after entering #spp-misc
    3DS Friend Code 4656-5949-1831

  21. #671
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    This isn't a Lifetime movie the of the week. For a person filled with desperation and fear the worst thing to give them is a gun. If anything she would almost be as likely to shoot herself out of fear that her husband would do worse. And you seriously think that a battered woman who has probably had zero control in her life in years would be able to fire a gun to even injure another person over the course of a couple days? There might be a few, but there's no way the majority would be able to do it.
    I believe that given the choice between going back from where they ran away from, or killing the person that abused and probably raped them, they would choose to kill him. Also you might be choosing the wrong emotion, are they filled with fear? Yeah, but they are also filled with hope, hope that they are getting away from a horrible situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    There are 1500 in the United States alone, and even if staying at friends or family is a bad idea they could take someone to one. Also the police would also take the woman, as well as arrest the husband if they have sufficient evidence.
    Given how many cities and towns there are in the United States, 1500 is a rather small number. Also unless the husband has shown to violate the restraining order, there really is very little the police can do, and of course by the time he does that, it is too late.
    Last edited by BigLutz; 4th March 2013 at 6:33 AM.

  22. #672
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    6,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    I believe that given the choice between going back from where they ran away from, or killing the person that abused and probably raped them, they would choose to kill him. Also you might be choosing the wrong emotion, are they filled with fear? Yeah, but they are also filled with hope, hope that they are getting away from a horrible situation.
    Then why are most battered women emotionally distressed people who often develop things like severe anxiety and other panic disorders? Sounds like a person filled with hope alright. Also hope doesn't train you to shoot a gun at a living target.
    Given how many cities and towns there are in the United States, 1500 is a rather small number. Also unless the husband has shown to violate the restraining order, there really is very little the police can do, and of course by the time he does that, it is too late.
    Are you saying you wouldn't drive an hour to help someone you care about get help? And the standard protocol is even taking in the husband for a night in jail if she even mentions she was abused regardless of physical proof, and courts aren't exactly kind to domestic abusers.
    The average person after entering #spp-misc
    3DS Friend Code 4656-5949-1831

  23. #673
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Then why are most battered women emotionally distressed people who often develop things like severe anxiety and other panic disorders?
    Got a link to back that up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Sounds like a person filled with hope alright. Also hope doesn't train you to shoot a gun at a living target.
    You do realize aiming and pulling a trigger on a gun is not some massive effort

    Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Are you saying you wouldn't drive an hour to help someone you care about get help? And the standard protocol is even taking in the husband for a night in jail if she even mentions she was abused regardless of physical proof, and courts aren't exactly kind to domestic abusers.
    I am saying that many of those shelters are not so easily accessible. Also last time I checked 1 night in jail =/= 2 weeks.

  24. #674
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Keep in mind that had a raped woman had a gun during the rape, she could have protected herself


    I'm not on much anymore...

  25. #675
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    unfunny location
    Posts
    1,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master3019 View Post
    Keep in mind that had a raped woman had a gun during the rape, she could have protected herself
    Keep in mind that keeping a gun makes you much more likely to be shot by your own gun by mistake than use it to defend yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMaaan View Post
    Thanks, there was no reason to be like that, I could just find your quotes where you support bullying. I've made clear countless times that my parents spoke with her parents, it didn't work, i spoke with her, it didnt work, what the hank do you want me to do? call the cops, lol? slapping her was the only option, only an idiot wouldn't be able to grasp that, her bullying should NOT be allowed to continue. It's obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    - YourFavoriteUser because, well I forgot what I was going to put here but I was definitely going to shout him out for something.


Page 27 of 78 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •