Thread: OU Team without a nifty name sadface

Default OU Team without a nifty name sadface

OU Team without a nifty name

And because of no nifty name

Azurill's sad.

Anyways random bs aside,

Here's my revamped old OU Team... after Gene got banned, I had to throw in new stuff, and some minor revamps to old stuff. Well, I didn't want to bump a 2 month old thread... So I made a new one!

Lalalaaaaaa

Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Dark Pulse
    - Draco Meteor
    - Flamethrower
    - Focus Blast

Hydreigon just got better with Genesect going Uber. With less U-Turners, Hydreigon can wreck more stuff. Dark Pulse for STAB and beat some psychic types, like the not so commonly seen Zam. Draco Meteor is used to wreck through everything not steel or pink... Which says a lot, though a SpD Tentacruel took about ~40%? It was in one of the battles I had. Flamethrower roasts Ferrothorn and Scizor, if locked into Bullet Punch on a Banded set. Focus Blast just hits Heatran... and Tyranitar I suppose.

Expert Belt abuses the wide coverage Hydreigon has, and with a Modest and max SpA investment, it's on it's way to be the very best~

Landorus-I @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Sand Force
    Nature: Naughty (+atk -Sp.Def)
    EVs: 252 atk/252 spe/4 Sp.Atk
    - HP (Ice)
    - Earthquake
    - U-Turn
    - Stone Edge

The Landorus Incinerate Form certainly makes a superior revenge killer compared to Landorus-T, my previous choice. At a measly +1 from scarf, Landorus can already outspeed a huge majority of other Pokemon. Anyways, HP Ice beats dragons and incoming Gliscor and Landorus (though I have to be wary of Jolly/Naive ones). Earthquake helps to nail Jirachi, which can certainly be deadly with its Ice Punch. U-Turn allows scouting and beating psychic, and forms a nice little core with Jirachi. Stone Edge is used to hit ... ... ... ... Rotom-W I guess?

Naughty allows Landorus-T to hit harder, though I'm thinking of switching to Naive to outspeed more stuff. The EV is once again, self explanatory, and Sand Force is to abuse sand... if it happens :3

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Wish
    - Seismic Toss
    - Protect
    - Toxic

I love Stall chansey. It actually gives offensive pressure to special attackers. Anyways, Chansey has great Defense alongside Special Defense. It's a great abuser and mixture of both. Wish is for a nice recovery, and forms a trio in Protect + Wish + Foe is poisoned to stall some more. If it wants to go "offense", Chansey relies on Sesmic Toss to do neat damage. Terrakion nails it, as well as most steels, but that's when I switch out, because this egg no like steels or hot-blooded pplz.

Max Def and Bold makes it an awesome tank with Eviolite.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Timid (-Atk +Spe)
    EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/252 Spe/ 4 HP
    - Shadow Ball
    - Disable
    - Substitute
    - Focus Blast

As a Alakazam replacement, Sub Disable Gengar is pretty amazing. It has the potential to lock down moves and really screw walls. An example would be locking down Ferrothorn's Power Whip. If Ferrothorn only has one attacking move, it can often give a free turn. A free turn to switch out, a free turn to do another substitute, or try to hit the next switchin as hard as possible. Shadow Ball is a reliable STAB move to shut down Psychic types and hit Espeon really hard. Focus Blast (a.k.a Focus Miss) can help with destroying steel, who can pose as a wall to this cool ghost dude.

Timid allows it to speed tie with Lati@s and Espeon. Latios and Espeon often carry a HP variant that minus speed, so it can allow Gengar to outspeed them. The EV build is really standard. Black Sludge is used to heal off the sub hp, and can really be a hazardous asset if the other person dares to Trick.

Deoxys-Defense @ Rocky Helmet
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
    Calm Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Taunt
    - Night Shade

Replacing Forretress, I put in my second psychic type, Deoxys-D. Deoxys-D make a fantastic hazard setter. Although unable to spin away hazards, Deoxys-D can actually Taunt himself. Stealth Rock and Spikes are essential to heavily crippling an opponent. Taunt is an asset for things it can outspeed, and prevents them from continuing setting up. Night Shade gives it some sort of offensive presence, some sort of damage.

Max SDef + Calm makes it an awesome special wall. Rocky Helmet gives some kind of "pressure" to Pokemon from U-Turning, or suffering the 1/6 penalty...

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Fire Punch
    - U-turn
    - Iron Head
    - Ice Punch

Another favourite of mine. CHOICE SCARF JIRACHI!! ZOMG <333<3. Choice Scarf Jirachi is less common than Parahax Rachi (if I'm correct). I used Scarf Rachi as it can function as a fabulous revenge killer, via U-Turning away. Fire Punch turns Ferrothorn and Scizor into ... ... Ash. Ice Punch nails unsuspecting dragons that switch in, and beat the Gliscor / Landorus / Landorus-T, assuming they don't do the kill-on-sight business. Iron Head is a fustrating asset for Jirachi to the enemy. Constantly outspeeding and flinching. There's another good thing that Scarf Rachi does better than Parahax Rachi. It's the fact that you have to TWave again when another Pokemon switch in, and if they outspeed you. Meanwhile, Parahax Rachi can just keep flinching, no matter who you switch into.

Standard Procedure. Max Atk, kill everything. blah :3

~~~

That's it guys. Here's a present for making it through.
        Spoiler:- Drumbeats please!:

Changes:
    Physical Revenge Killer Landorus-T to Mixed Revenge Killer Landorus-I
    Sash Special Sweeper Alakazam to Sub-Disable Gengar
    Last edited by OceanicLanturn; 20th December 2012 at 6:19 AM.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

looks ok, the main problems i see are you have a hazard stacker with no spin blocker, 1 counter to volcarona, who at +1 outpaces everyone besides rachi who he could tie with, and is super effective against everyone desides chansey and lando. I can see scizor riping holes in this team, especially with breloom as a partner, same with banded terrakion. Scarfed keldeo is another problem if you dont predict right, once jirachi goes down, scarfed/sub salac garchomp plow through your team. I want to say drop deoxys for sp defensive heatran as he can handle threats like the lati twins and volcarona better, as well as scizor

Your team seems pretty solid, but I've noticed just one thing: your team looks like it does a LOT of switching, so you may want to find some way to put a spinner in.. Definitely not an easy task, though, being as everything on your team serves a purpose.. It would seem like Alakazam or Hydreigon would be the most expendable, but I haven't seen you use this team enough to see how useful they are, so I don't know.

Sorry, I'm not good at team rating

Well, I'd swap errr, I'd say either Zam or Hydreigon but I think you want that offensive presence on your team so is recommend swapping Chansey for Starmie. This gives you a spinner that'll hold momentum with powerful STAB Hydro Pumps and such. If you want more bulk, there's always Forretress, Donphan and Tentacruel.

Okay so a Scizor had given me trouble yesterday, and I was thinking of ways to fix it. Tyranitar is troublesome, especially if Focus Miss misses, but Landorus-T can usually take care of it prettty well.

Alakazam and Hydreigon are mainly specially offensive.
    Deoxys-D and Chansey are mainly defensive
    Landorus-T and Jirachi are mainly physically offensive.

So I was thinking which one I should swap out to largely reduce the Scizor weakness. Any halp?

ASB Squad

Perhaps try putting Jellicent over Chansey? It too is defensive and it stops Scizor in its tracks. Go with a mostly defensive variant, with the addition of Will-o-wisp, which should help you stop other Physical Attackers too. It also has the advantage of being able to Spinblock, which is very useful on a switchy team when paired with Deo-D.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Any Dragon with 100+ base speed proceeds to swiftly murder you if it snags a dragon dance boost. Only Jirachi Maybe will survive a hit. Same goes for Quiver Dancing Volcarona.

Try replacing Landorus-T with Scarf Landorus-I for the revengekiller you're looking for. I'm sorry. Lando T is just outsped by too many sweeping threats even with scarf to be an effective revengekiller.

And you might want to switch U-Turn in your set with Trick. U-Turn doesn't do much for and you. You already can deal with the Psychic and Dark types very well with the rest. Trick in turn provides a nice cripple to opposing annoyer/wall. Chansey/Blissey become useless pink blobs and it will shut down trappers/hazarders all day.
    Feel Free to Engage a certain Soul_Fly on Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown!
    You'll likely end up getting free ladder points due to my constant tendency to test out gimmicky teams.

LAWL. Lucario RULEZZ

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    looks ok, the main problems i see are you have a hazard stacker with no spin blocker, 1 counter to volcarona, who at +1 outpaces everyone besides rachi who he could tie with, and is super effective against everyone desides chansey and lando. I can see scizor riping holes in this team, especially with breloom as a partner, same with banded terrakion. Scarfed keldeo is another problem if you dont predict right, once jirachi goes down, scarfed/sub salac garchomp plow through your team. I want to say drop deoxys for sp defensive heatran as he can handle threats like the lati twins and volcarona better, as well as scizor
    a lot of this is so true, but i dont think dropping deo-d is the right idea.

maybe try a SubDisable Gengar> Alakazam. This provides great offensive synergy with deo-d, as it spinblocks and reliably beats most spinners, bar SpD forry, who it just can't do much to and is torn apart by gyro ball.

Gengar @Black Sludge
    - Levitate -
    Timid
    252 SpA/ 252 speed
    - Substitute
    - Disable
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball

this also helps alot with your band/scarf terrakion weakness, and helps some with choiced keldeos. beware of cm variants though.

i think a bulky dd attacker gyarados might benefit alot in this team, possibly over hydreigon or someone else. it'll help tone down the keldeo weakness, as well volcarona weaknesses. with intimidate, it also has a unique niche as well. might as well consider it

When I saw comments, I was liek: Thank you god.

Anyways, I'm trying as suggested:

Scarfed Landorus > Scarfed Landorus-T
    SubDisable Gengar > Sash Alakazam

I think the addition of DD Gyarados could benefit the team too, in some ways. Jirachi is quite important to me, and Hydreigon is the main pokemon of the team, so I prefer to not remove neither. I was thinking maybe a Bulky DD Gyarados might work instead of Alakazam.

I'm definitely a huge fan of the DD Gyarados idea, and I'm thinking this set

Gyarados @ Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 176 HP/128 Atk/204 Spe
    Adamant
    - Substitute
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge

I'll be updating once I get to try them all. Thanks!

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
        Spoiler:- Large:
    Overall i think this team is pretty good however you have a dauntign bug weakness.

Hydreigon - good
    Chansey - Good Poke i think the set is good.

Lando - good i prefer regular forme but the set your using is good.
        Spoiler:- Set:

Jirachi - I feel that scarf rachi is ok but it doesnt help this team in the ways it shoudl i veiw this team as a more stall esc team so.

Alakazam - Personally i dont liek Ala at all on this team he just adds to the weakness. So i suggest using gengar as it has similar stats abut better typing

Deoxsys - Deo is a good member of this team however you have Chansey. This is calling for skarmbliss.

So

Alakazam -> Sub Dis gengar
    Scarf Rachi -> Specdef Rachi
    Deoxys -> Skarmory
    Physical Lando -> Special Sheer force lando

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

Alright, I'm going to update and add some kewl new stuff (liek banners cuz I'm bored) and thanks to all the wonderful comments, I shall make a huge revamp to mah team!

Changing
    Physical Revenge Killer Landorus-T to Mixed Revenge Killer Landorus-I
    Set:
    Landorus-I @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Nature: Naughty (+atk -Sp.Def)
    EVs: 252 atk/252 spe/4 Sp.Atk
    - HP (Ice)
    - Earthquake
    - U-Turn
    - Stone Edge

Sash Special Sweeper Alakazam to Sub-Disable Gengar (TWO person recommended that, lol)
    Gengar @ Black Sludge'
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Timid (-Atk +Spe)
    EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/252 Spe/ 4 HP
    - Shadow Ball
    - Disable
    - Substitute
    - Focus Blast

Testing
    Utility Deoxys-D to Physically Defensive Skarmory
    Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Impish (+Def -SpA)
    EV: 252 HP/232 Def/24 Spe
    - Whirlwind
    - Spikes
    - Brave Bird
    - Roost

Scarf Jirachi to Bulky DD Gyarados
    Gyarados @ Leftovers
    Ability: Moxie
    EV: 176 HP/128 Atk/204 Spe
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Substitute
    - Dragon Dance

If you have any suggestions to the sets please feel free to tell meh. I'll be updating after I grab lunch.

ASB Squad

i went on a trip awhile ago, so I didn't get to test those stuff, but I'm going to repost the sets I might change.
    Utility Deoxys-D to Physically Defensive Skarmory
    Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Impish (+Def -SpA)
    EV: 252 HP/232 Def/24 Spe
    - Whirlwind
    - Spikes
    - Brave Bird
    - Roost

Scarf Jirachi to Bulky DD Gyarados
    Gyarados @ Leftovers
    Ability: Moxie
    EV: 176 HP/128 Atk/204 Spe
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Substitute
    - Dragon Dance

Also, what do you guys think about Naive > Naughty on Landorus-I?

Bump.

ASB Squad