Page 1 of 140 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics: THANKS OBAMA

Default American Politics: THANKS OBAMA

Fox News Channel: Boehner Offers Millionaire Tax Hike, Fox News Confirms
    Fox News Channel: Domino’s Founder Sues Feds over Health Care Law
    Daily Star: Lebanese banks still view Syria as important market
    Asia Times Online: M.K. Bhadrakumar: Russia changes tack on Syria

As dramatic changes unfold worldwide, my mind appears to be set. President Barack Obama has a second term – to even his astonishment, if I heard correctly – and other countries across this planet are accelerating whatever timetables they had for their separate agendas in response. Unfortunately, it might only be a matter of time before some random spark turns into a larger conflagration, engulfing even the people who started it. Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood appears to have overtaken Iran as my new favorite visible group of Sharia supremacists on the planet, but thus far, I seriously doubt that they have any other options left to them, to say nothing of the Salafis. On a different note, Russia could be up for a political maelstrom of its own, one more probable consequence of modernity’s acceleration worldwide.

What changes would you like to see brought up under this administration – and Congress, such as House Speaker John Boehner – in the next four years?

What political developments are most likely to pop up to surprise this country?

Give WizardTrubbish the credit for inspiring this thread, and feel free to talk about any major trend, from the implosions throughout North Africa and the Middle East to the transition to an information society, from the energy revolution across North America to various cultural shifts – one of which I’m personally tracking and supporting as best I can – centered as they will likely be around the course of the United States of America, including its government, up until Inauguration Day 2017.
    Last edited by Profesco; 17th December 2012 at 8:07 AM.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ccangelopearl1362 View Post

As dramatic changes unfold worldwide, my mind appears to be set. President Barack Obama has a second term – to even his astonishment, if I heard correctly – and other countries across this planet are accelerating whatever timetables they had for their separate agendas in response. Unfortunately, it might only be a matter of time before some random spark turns into a larger conflagration, engulfing even the people who started it. Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood appears to have overtaken Iran as my new favorite visible group of Sharia supremacists on the planet, but thus far, I seriously doubt that they have any other options left to them, to say nothing of the Salafis. On a different note, Russia could be up for a political maelstrom of its own, one more probable consequence of modernity’s acceleration worldwide.

What changes would you like to see brought up under this administration – and Congress, such as House Speaker John Boehner – in the next four years?

Give WizardTrubbish the credit for inspiring this thread, and feel free to talk about any major trend, from the implosions throughout North Africa and the Middle East to the transition to an information society, from the energy revolution across North America to various cultural shifts – one of which I’m personally tracking and supporting as best I can – centered as they will likely be around the course of the United States of America, including its government, up until Inauguration Day 2017.
    I admit that I voted for Romney and was shocked to see that Obama won but personally I didn't really like either candidate. I agreed with some of what Obama said and with some of what Romney said, so I basically flipped a quarter.

that being said...

The economy is the biggest issue I am interested in. I am curious to see what happens with the fiscal cliff and then what happens after that.

Education is next. I believe I remember hearing something where Obama mentioned that he wanted to help college students in school and the ones leaving to find good jobs. This is interesting to me since the student loan percentage rate doubled recently.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

I wasn't suprised that Obama had won, I watched polls closely for the last month till the ellection.

Eitherway I hope that that Obama and the house republicans can find a way to avoid the fiscal cliff.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Give WizardTrubbish the credit for inspiring this thread
    This WizardTrubbish guy sounds amazing.

Anyway, I supported Obama in November. I don't think he's the greatest president we've ever had, and he may have his flaws, but I definitely prefer him over Romney.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...f_newtown.html
    http://www.nextgov.com/emerging-tech...se-site/60197/
    So it appears Obama's going to try for new gun control laws, according to his press secretary Jay Carney. Even several pro- Gun rights Senators and Congressmen such as Joe Manchin seem to be open to discussion on restricting gun access. Additionally, there seems to be a growing number of public support for stricter gun control, as a petition for stronger gun control sent to the White House's official site got more signatures than any other petition on that site.
    Last edited by YourFavoriteUser; 18th December 2012 at 12:47 AM.
    Pokemon isn't real, I'm sorry

Did you just seriously link Faux News?

I heard that Obama is going to rename Christmas to Santa Day.
    Jackpot!

I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

Obama would be making a mistake if he were not to address guns during this administration. There are just some issues during your administration that occur in which you have no choice but to address.
    I would love to see the issues of cyber security and information security addressed through his administration, since his campaign and subsequent presidency saw an absolute explosion of the way technology is used in communication and everyday life. Especially since the Cyber Security Act recently failed in Congress.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    Did you just seriously link Faux News?
    If we can't use Fox news, than you can't use your news network of choice. Which I am assuming is CNN or some other left wing source.

and marioguy, I doubt it. he has more important things to worry about than spitting in the face of a religion, he already does that enough anyways. I'd rather him concentrate on the economy and things that actually matter
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 18th December 2012 at 2:37 AM.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    If we can't use Fox news, than you can't use your news network of choice. Which I am assuming is CNN or some other left wing source.

and marioguy, I doubt it. he has more important things to worry about than spitting in the face of a religion, he already does that enough anyways. I'd rather him concentrate on the economy and things that actually matter
    Examples?

Anyway, I support Obama. Seeing Romney's comments about why he lost make me feel like I made the right choice. That man hasn't learned a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    Examples?

Anyway, I support Obama. Seeing Romney's comments about why he lost make me feel like I made the right choice. That man hasn't learned a thing.
    Openly supporting homosexuality for one. I really don't want to get into another argument about this though, so I apologize for even bringing it up. I have already stated my thoughts on the subject.

Openly supporting homosexuality for one. I really don't want to get into another argument about this though, so I apologize for even bringing it up. I have already stated my thoughts on the subject.
    Since you don't want to get into another argument about it, what about another option?
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    Since you don't want to get into another argument about it, what about another option?
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/cultur...ar-on-religion

*ducks the incoming firestorm of pro choice posters* and its not just abortion, read through the whole article
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 18th December 2012 at 2:57 AM.

I don't care, I'll get into it.
    Conservatives just have no clue what they want. So they don't want the government to touch their money, their guns or their health insurance, yet when it comes to allowing two HUMAN BEINGS to marry OR when it comes to what a woman decides to do with her body, they are all for government involvement, claiming a higher moral ground as their justification for this viewpoint.
    On my facebook tonight, I saw a poster of Timothy McVeigh as a justification of allowing you to still bear arms, because he killed people without a gun. So a terrorist is your poster child for anti-gun control movement huh?

http://www.thenewamerican.com/cultur...ar-on-religion

*ducks the incoming firestorm of pro choice posters* and its not just abortion, read through the whole article
    You know, there's this cool thing called separation of religion and state.

And just because your religion is against it, does not mean ALL religions are. You act like Christianity get's to decide for everyone else.

And just because your religion is against it, does not mean ALL religions are. You act like Christianity get's to decide for everyone else.
    Is there some way I can like this post?????

Not to mention, dealing very specifically with contraceptives, a large number of women use them in religious organizations that state that they take exception to their use. Should they? That's a debate for another time (i.e. the objection or the women using them). However, it is worth noting. It probably won't hurt their religion (as it exists now) as a result, unless there's something written in the holy documents that states that you can accept contraception, but only if it's earned by yourself with no governmental interference. Additionally, contraceptives have medical uses past their, er, obvious uses.

It also protects against rape-induced pregnancies, which may very well be where this conflicts with the all-knowing, all-powerful, universally-benevolent father figure and His followers' beliefs.

The usual links

You act like Christianity get's to decide for everyone else.
    To be honest, this is how the whole voting process is. Not everyone is a Democratic, but we got Obama.

The majority decides the whole it seems. I don't disagree with your post though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Elliot View Post
    Is there some way I can like this post?????
    Yeah everyone against Christianity unite!!! <_<

Posters like you two are why I rarely take part in debates on this forum anymore. Probably should just stay out of here with how everyone scoffs at anything remotely faith based
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 18th December 2012 at 4:23 AM.

Yes there is a thing called separation of church and state meaning the state can not interfere in religious practices of any individual unless there is a needed reason by the Government ( Taxes for example ) or is not available in another way.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Yes there is a thing called separation of church and state meaning the state can not interfere in religious practices of any individual unless there is a needed reason by the Government ( Taxes for example ) or is not available in another way.
    Is that not just what she said? Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Elliot View Post
    Is that not just what she said? Or am I missing something?
    My greater point is that it doesn't matter if it is Christianity or any other that is offended by it, it is still against Church and State, maybe I did stay it wrong.

Posters like you two are why I rarely take part in debates on this forum anymore. Probably should just stay out of here with how everyone scoffs at anything remotely faith based
    Actually, I consider myself a Christian, and I still support homosexuals and abortion to an extent (no problem with it up until the fetus has a beating heart). Don't try to play the victim just because two people don't agree with your opinion. :P

I find the whole "Obama's War on Religion" thing a tad ridiculous. The man is sticking for what he believes in and what he thinks will improve the country. He isn't personally attacking religion at all. Frankly, those who think he is are a bit oversensitive in my opinion.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz
    Exactly, which is why I don't get why lots of Christians make a big deal about the government allowing homosexuals to get married. Two other people who affect your life in no way, shape, or form getting married does not interfere with your religious practice (using your as a general term here), so why get all mad about it?
    Last edited by Phoopes; 18th December 2012 at 4:32 AM.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

The separation of church and state is why we don't have a national religion, yet there are amendments posted on court houses, our money is printed with In God We Trust, we (or we used to when I was in school) pledge allegiance to one nation under god, we have congressional amendments and bills introduced which are based in religion/religious views, we have corporate churches allowed to act as individuals and contribute to political campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    Actually, I consider myself a Christian, and I still support homosexuals and abortion to an extent (no problem with it up until the fetus has a beating heart). Don't try to play the victim just because two people don't agree with your opinion. :P

I find the whole "Obama's War on Religion" thing a tad ridiculous. The man is sticking for what he believes in and what he thinks will improve the country. He isn't personally attacking religion at all. Frankly, those who think he is are a bit oversensitive in my opinion.
    Not only is he playing the victim, he's claiming, with his Medieval beliefs, that he speaks for all religious persons, and that the OFFERING of contraceptive medicines will destroy freedom of religion. I think preventing folks from taking advantage if they want to does the same thing, honestly, because not everyone's religion says they can't take those.

The difference being, of course, that it's a personal act as opposed to a law, and therefore, not subject to the provisions of the First Amendment.
    Last edited by The Admiral; 18th December 2012 at 4:36 AM.

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Elliot
    we (or we used to when I was in school) pledge allegiance to one nation under god
    Just curious for a moment, is there anyone here whose school does not pledge allegiance to "one nation, under God"?

At my school (in Pennsylvania), that's what we do. You're not required to say the pledge, however you have to put your right hand over your heart and stand, if you're able to. And it seems like that's what every school for miles around does. I've actually never personally heard of a school where this wasn't the case, so I'm curious to see what other people do.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Page 1 of 140 123451151101 ... LastLast