Page 10 of 140 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics: THANKS OBAMA

So things are not looking good for Obama this week, the American economy contracted for the first time in three years ( And this time he cannot blame Bush ), and Obama has dissolved his Jobs Council, further giving the impression that he does not care about the economy. Meanwhile Chuck Hagel is on Capital Hill right now getting grilled, not only did he flounder when it came to his record on the surge, but he has now claimed that Iran is a legitimately elected government. Which sounds remarkably like: "There is no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe and there never will be under a Ford administration."
    "No. I don't agree with him on a LOT of issues. Unlike most Republicans, who are blindly loyal to their party" ~ Maedar on Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    So things are not looking good for Obama this week, the American economy contracted for the first time in three years ( And this time he cannot blame Bush ), and Obama has dissolved his Jobs Council, further giving the impression that he does not care about the economy. Meanwhile Chuck Hagel is on Capital Hill right now getting grilled, not only did he flounder when it came to his record on the surge, but he has now claimed that Iran is a legitimately elected government. Which sounds remarkably like: "There is no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe and there never will be under a Ford administration."
    And yet he had a 60 percent approval according to a recent poll. Also, it's just typical Republican obstruction in preventing the President from getting anything done even if it causes negative impact for America. Pardon me but, how's the Republican outreach to Hispanic voters going?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    And yet he had a 60 percent approval according to a recent poll.
    And yet low to mid 50s in all others, making that one a outlier.

Also, it's just typical Republican obstruction in preventing the President from getting anything done even if it causes negative impact for America.
    Obstructionism? It's not the Republicans that caused him to not use his jobs council, it is not the Republicans who have caused him to focus on left wing ideas and not on the economy, those are all on him.

Pardon me but, how's the Republican outreach to Hispanic voters going?
    Quite well considering Marco Rubio one of the leading candidates for 2016 is getting all the praise for the immigration reform bill.

By the way I noticed that you did not say anything on the disastrous hearing with Hagel. Not a good day or week for Obama.
    Last edited by BigLutz; 31st January 2013 at 10:02 PM.
    "No. I don't agree with him on a LOT of issues. Unlike most Republicans, who are blindly loyal to their party" ~ Maedar on Barack Obama

And yet low to mid 50s in all others, making that one a outlier.
    In the meantime, Congress is still at an all time low so they don't have much leverage.

Obstructionism? It's not the Republicans that caused him to not use his jobs council, it is not the Republicans who have caused him to focus on left wing ideas and not on the economy, those are all on him.
    I'm sorry but, who was it that created the Fiscal Cliff hysteria?

Quite well considering Marco Rubio one of the leading candidates for 2016 is getting all the praise for the immigration reform bill.
    Unfortunately, Republican Senator (R-La.) David Vitter disagrees who called Rubio "amazingly naive" and nuts.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...#ixzz2JW9RsKvX

By the way I noticed that you did not say anything on the disastrous hearing with Hagel. Not a good day or week for Obama.
    Oh from what I see, I saw who was once considered a more suitable candidate of 2000 until he was beaten by his opponent in the primaries via money and loses another at the general stage while bringing the wrong VP pick into spotlight became a typical angry Republican. The hearing will go as well as Hilary Clinton's.

In the meantime, Congress is still at an all time low so they don't have much leverage.
    Sure they do, just because they do not have a high personal approval rating does not mean they cannot beat Obama on issues that he scores low on.

I'm sorry but, who was it that created the Fiscal Cliff hysteria?
    That would be Obama, he was the one who came up with the idea of the Sequestration. But the Fiscal Cliff did not cause for the contraction, the new taxes in Obamacare can be blamed for that.

Unfortunately, Republican Senator (R-La.) David Vitter disagrees who called Rubio "amazingly naive" and nuts.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...#ixzz2JW9RsKvX
    And he speaks for the Hispanics? Or even the Republican Party?

Oh from what I see, I saw who was once considered a more suitable candidate of 2000 until he was beaten by his opponent in the primaries via money and loses another at the general stage while bringing the wrong VP pick into spotlight became a typical angry Republican. The hearing will go as well as Hilary Clinton's.
    Is that why, and I quote from CNN: Several senators- even undecideds-tell me there's a ton of buzz on senate floor about hagel's lackluster performance. "Shock" is the word

Doesn't sound like it went very well to me.

France 24: Euphoria as French, Malian troops take historic Timbuktu
    France 24: Mali Tuareg rebels say they control Kidal, Islamists gone

Judging from the speed at which French and Malian military units – and the National Movement for the Liberation of Azawad – barreled through the specified region, the Sharia terrorists might have been the ones who had an even worse week. Once the French troops took control of Timbuktu Airport, they seized the rest of the city in a matter of hours… without encountering resistance. Almost three weeks will have passed since France’s mobilization, and those Tuareg insurgents appear to be staying put for now. Their pockets are scattered near Algeria, but there isn’t too much sympathy between them and those Malian soldiers. They will quite likely need to update their profiles if other countries around the area start taking an interest in them. Indeed, one country completely outside North Africa already has a substantial presence there, among other activities.:

World Affairs Journal: Massoud Hayoun: Strange Bedfellows: China’s Middle Eastern Inroads
    New York Times: Chinese Hackers Infiltrate New York Times Computers

There’s a new mosque in Algiers scheduled to go up, widely purported to be one of the largest in the world by its completion. The contract to build it went to… the China State Construction Engineering Corporation, alongside a highway project intended to stretch from Morocco to Tunisia. China started these inroads into Islam in response to September 11, 2001, with at least one individual organizing that Chinese-Islamic halal forum – back last September, evidently – stressing it as an alternative to general discrimination against Muslims. Chinese imports and exports to Arab countries have been calculated to hit $300 billion by 2015. Farther east, Hong Kong has certified about 50 halal restaurants since 2009 and accepted regulations for a Sharia finance market modeled on Dubai. Off the cameras and publications, however, Chinese officials have been, shall we say, less than cordial, “barring minors from entering mosques” and targeting a few for outlawed religious practices, which I’m guessing were thought to subvert the homeland in some unspecified way. Incredibly, even Hong Kong’s biggest bank dissolved its Sharia divisions in Bangladesh, Bahrain, and even the United Arab Emirates early last October, with the exception of Islamic bonds offered through the bank’s branch in Saudi Arabia. Media publications in Algeria have raised charges that corruption surrounds that highway project, while dissatisfaction over that new mosque has turned against President Abdelaziz Bouteflika. The People’s Liberation Army could owe the General Directorate for External Security some explanations as these complaints increase, and the New York Times could launch additional investigations of other corrupt projects to follow up on that October report, which I also remember. It turns out that the hackers in question started attacking the publication’s computer networks just after that report’s release, with the intent of looking for information in e-mails or files possessed by David Barboza and Jim Yardley, the bureau chiefs for Shanghai and South Asia. The hackers ended up routing their attacks through American university computers and stealing the corporate passwords for every New York Times employee, and they restricted their search to information directly relevant to that report on Wen Jiabao’s family connections. As it happens, something similar happened to Bloomberg (News) when it had a report on wealth accumulated by relatives of incoming Chinese President Xi Jinping, but “no computer systems… were compromised” that time. This stream of attacks began with notification from AT&T of behavior matching past methods used by Chinese military teams. The hacking attacks began at 8:00 a.m. Beijing time, continued until midnight, and stopped for a few two-week periods. They set things up even earlier, on September 13, by setting up “at least three back doors into users’ machines that they used as a digital base camp”, starting their search from there. The hacking team has been able to steal data on Chinese dissidents and Tibetan activists and then attack a company specializing in aerospace technology, and even now, the New York Times has the Federal Bureau of Investigation and an Internet security company called Mandiant assisting it in tracking those hackers. For my part, I could imagine a more comprehensive response by the likes of Google, Twitter, the Institute for Intelligence and Special Operations, the Public Security Intelligence Agency, and the United States Cyber Command in the coming years, while the Salafis and loyal groups and individuals prepare to strike back against us on one side, the Muslim Brotherhood on another, and the Chinese Communist Party, Pakistan, and Khalifa bin Zayed Al-Nahyan on one more still. Call it a global cyberwar, and as more nationalistic factions within China feel themselves encircled, the turmoil reverberating through Islam will grow. I suppose that certain points along the Mediterranean Sea can be up for predicting how and why these ripples will smash right through them.:

Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu and United States Council on Competitiveness: Samuel Allen, Joseph Echevarria, and Deborah Wince-Smith: 2013 Global Manufacturing Competitiveness Index
    Greek Reporter: Andy Dabilis: Erdogan Offers to Build Mosque in Greece

This new index compiled insights from more than 500 corporate leaders worldwide on the progress of manufacturing, and some of the numbers could speak for themselves.:

• 2013 competitiveness: 10.00 for China; 7.84 for America; 7.65 for India; 6.21 for Thailand; 5.73 for Vietnam; 5.28 for Switzerland; 4.35 for Russia; 3.85 for Colombia; 3.57 for Saudi Arabia; 1.00 for Greece
    • 2018 competitiveness: 10.00 for China; 7.69 for America; 8.49 for India; 6.24 for Thailand; 6.50 for Vietnam; 5.42 for Switzerland; 5.04 for Russia; 4.01 for Colombia; 3.46 for Saudi Arabia; 1.00 for Greece
    • 2011 manufacturing export percentages: 59.9% global average; 93.2% for China; 88% for Japan; 82.7% for Germany; 64.3% for America; 44.9% for Canada
    • Government vs. market forces: local market attractiveness, energy cost and policies, and cost and availability of labor and materials vs. health care and legal systems and physical infrastructure

By this point, even United States President Barack Obama, British Prime Minister David Cameron, and French President Francois Hollande are staying clear of Greece, so I might wonder just how bad the Coalition of the Radical Left would have to be to make Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan and the House of Thani look good. Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras got the idea to fly to Doha earlier this week to attempt to convince businesspersons from both Islamic countries to send their money his way, meaning that if he succeeds only to have Greece implode anyway… well, at least those officials won’t have to wonder what happened to that money. As it is, the Eastern Orthodox Church remains headquartered in, of all cities, Istanbul, once known as Constantinople. I suppose that any Turkish – and Kurdish – officials sympathetic to this arrangement will have a reason or two to step up their contacts, but I’m far less than optimistic. Some North Africans fleeing the Islamic implosions landed in Greece, and they’ve been classified as illegal immigrants alongside several other ethnicities involved. The angle to explore here should prove informative to those of us still living and working in this country.:

Christian Post: Stephanie Samuel: Immigration Coalition Calls Out ‘Small’ Anti-Amnesty Faction of GOP
    Catholic News Agency: Vatican official hopes legal dialogue will help persecuted Christians

If evangelical Christians stand solidly with Hispanic immigrants, whether legal or illegal, then give Pastors Luis Cortes and Samuel Rodriguez the lion’s share of the credit for pushing this approach. The National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference was among the groups present at a forum early last December, hearing concerns that the 2012 Republican National Convention’s stance on illegal immigration had been hijacked, pointing to the Federation for American Immigration Reform as one of the main culprits. Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission president Richard Land – a Christian Post editor, interestingly – believes that labor activists could derail any negotiations in order to keep inciting Latinos and unionists against each other. Family is the main principle cited, and they could issue more calls to assist others, especially refugees escaping their home countries with no intention of returning. Hostility to Christians has grown worldwide, and my church wants to stress and explain differences between ecclesiastical laws and civil, or secular, laws. Many from, say, North Africa, the Middle East, and East Asia could’ve accepted Judeo-Christianity in any denomination, and I’m certain that the organizations mentioned here would’ve welcomed them. There seemed to be a general view that one way or another, these various cultures would continue to exist, and I wanted to recognize them for what they were, from Western Christendom to Africa, from Latin America to Japan. David Goldman’s demographic analyses have permanently nullified that view, now including Mexico, among other Catholic countries worldwide. As such, contrary to the worries of the Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts, I’d argue that the regimes most hostile to Christians are cracking down precisely because they’ve concluded that their societies can’t survive Judeo-Christianity and modernization. Meanwhile, back here, ethnic activists are left to bring in as many of their own people(s) as possible, insisting on collective identity to defend themselves from outside threats as rigidly as they can. Are they wrong? Not at all, only as villainous and tragic as Muslim Brotherhood theologian Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, Al-Nusra Front leader Abu Muhammad Al-Julani, and the United Wa State Army. Even now, the adversaries of modernity are looking to expand their targeting capabilities against us, possibly including some newer faces.:

Fox News Channel: Bomber Kills Guard in Terror Attack on US Embassy in Turkey
    Fox News Channel: Al-Qaeda Affiliate in Africa Looking to Strike More Western Targets, Intelligence Officials Say

The terror attack in Ankara happened earlier today, right as new Secretary of State John Kerry was getting sworn in, with a Marxist terror group known as the Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party suspected of organizing it. I suppose outgoing Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and her husband could continue monitoring the rest of the region and provide information as necessary. Three members of the House of Representatives visited that embassy earlier this week, most likely to review its security protocols. The bomber detonated himself at the security checkpoint heading into the compound, but it doesn’t look like there was much, if any, damage. The RPLP wants to violently install a regime following Karl Marx’s doctrines, presumably to transfer wealth directly from any business elites based in Istanbul and Ankara down to the poorer segments of Turkey, and by launching this attack, it effectively beat a certain global terror franchise to striking against the dreaded American Empire. As for said franchise itself, it appears our intelligence officials have actual reports that Al-Qaeda and its North African allies want to pool their resources, making said Marxian terrorists a bit of a wild card. One could suspect that the United States now looks to orient itself toward informational – and cute – capitalism, matching its new global focus in turn. A more unusual set of movements could start happening in both sides of Congress.:

Roll Call: Appropriations Assignments Are No Longer Coveted
    New York Times: Senator Menendez’s Ties to Political Donor Are Scrutinized

The House and Senate Appropriations Committees are faring fairly poorly after a ban on earmarks, which “undermined the ability of appropriators to mete out money to their own congressional districts and win favors by sending funds to other districts”. The lack of a budget means that power within the committees themselves just isn’t as visible, and Kentucky Representative Harold Rogers was among those who gained political clout through projects for their local constituencies. On the other hand, new Senators Jeff Merkley and Mike Johanns are looking to use their own experiences to support the broader national debate, and there’s been no notable drop in campaign contributions since that earmark ban. The new members have a continuing resolution in March to leave as much money as they can if there’s no actual budget passed, but no one is certain just yet about cooperation from the White House. Even weirder to yours truly could be this tidbit surrounding one New Jersey Senator Bob Menendez, related to a friend named Dr. Salomon Melgen. The eye surgeon, who resides in Florida, had a company with a contract for port security in the Dominican Republic, and Menendez responded by urging the State and Commerce Departments to enforce it as quickly as they could, to the tune of $500 million, a little over two years ago. They flew to the Dominican Republic on a regular basis and tightened their common interests by the start of 2010, but a letter within the Dominican government prevented authority to enforce that contract because it had “exorbitant” sections designed to violate commercial ethics. For their part, Menendez and Melgen’s supporters state that drug traffickers in the Dominican Republic are intent on derailing the contract, and this partnership has gained the attention of Latino activists, especially those more supportive of Senator Marco Rubio. This could be what has really grabbed the attention of the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and I’m certain that Congress will have to stay alert for any new developments here.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

You know who I wish was President right now? Newt Gingrich. Now he was the highlight of the entire 2012 Election cycle. I was crushed when Herman Cain dropped out, but eventually I warmed up to Newt when he did so well in the South Carolina Primary and for his power to stand up to the media. He made it a point that, unlike the President, he knew how to actually run Washington. He's done it before. And was damn good at it too. A Newt Gingrich vs Barack Obama election run would have been catastrophic for the President, and would have been far more interesting than what we got with Romney.

The mainstream media knew this, but unlike Herman Cain, they couldn't take him down due to Newt's power to stand up to the media. It was that ******* Rick Santorum that took all of Newt's Southern voters because Santorum was claiming himself to be a "True Conservative." Then, all of a sudden, he dropped out, giving the victory to Romney. The Corrupt GOP at its finest.

I'm glad I don't live in USA.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind Hillary being President right now. I honestly would love a Republican in the White House, but if I had to choose a national Democrat I would choose Hilary over the two idiots in the White House right now for many reasons, one of the biggest being is that she is no where of the narcissist that Obama is. I have to say we haven't seen a President this narcissistic since Nixon, and he may even surpass him.

Washington Post: Chinese hackers suspected in attack on The Post’s computers
    Times of India: Army chief to visit Japan to bolster military ties

We can add the Washington Post to the list of targets in the emerging global cyberwar – and China to the list of cultures at increasing risk of complete dismantlement by modernization. The reporters and executives here used the same Internet security company as the New York Times after noting eerily similar computer behavior… toward the end of 2011. The Chinese diplomatic team in Washington, D.C., is keeping silent, while “the intruders gained access as early as 2008 or 2009”, looking for information on sources used for various reports. Most of the Washington Post’s employees were kept in the dark until recently, and if they happened to have assignments inside, say, Beijing, then they had steps in place to evade constant espionage by Chinese officials. Dozens of companies might already be at risk from these cyberattackers, and as a cybersecurity expert at the Center for Strategic and International Studies states, any published intelligence reports would reveal a comprehensive effort to suppress and destroy all dissent. The Chinese Communist Party wants to exert as much control over the global narrative of the country as possible to counter any subversive dialogue or activity, presumably including Indian Chief of Army Staff Bikram Singh’s upcoming visit with Japanese Defense Minister Itsunori Onodera. Both countries intend to coordinate anti-piracy patrols and terrorism policies and conduct joint combat exercises, with the goal of securing and defending the seaborne trade routes stretching from the Arabian Sea to Indonesia. I might have a few scenarios for how those Chinese military commanders could strengthen their inroads into the Islamic Community, with tacit support from incoming President Xi Jinping, no doubt. More than a few West Africans could take issue with such movements, though.:

Daily Telegraph: Timbuktu hails France’s President Francois Hollande, its savior in a suit

Hoo, boy. If I had seen the entourage’s faces during this visit yesterday morning… well, one might not have to guess just how prominent Great Britain and France could become. A week ago, Timbuktu groaned under the bloodlust of Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, but now, the French military units present there thought it appropriate to bring their leader himself in to review their progress and urge the people of Mali to strengthen their country and their brethren. Timbuktu Airport used to be a destination for tourists seeking exotic adventure, but yesterday morning, French troops who secured it last Monday lined up while the presidential entourage disembarked. The man himself wanted to maintain the impression that he was doing nothing more or less than touring one of France’s outermost provinces, but as his motorcade approached downtown Timbuktu, the cheers erupted. An Islamic prayer caller named Khalifa Cissi recalled the “period of fear” to which the terrorists subjected him and his people, while a different dignitary confused Francois Hollande with Francois Mitterand, a decidedly different Socialist Party leader. The President of France ended up walking right into the crowd, leaving his team – including Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius and acting Malian President Dioncounda Traore – behind him, before they left once more to plan their next move in this region. Those Tuareg insurgents could gain access to Twitter, and they’d be able to instantly communicate with anyone they wanted, perhaps opening up new avenues of cooperation across the region.:

Washington Post: UK’s Cameron visits Algeria, unveils security partnership following hostage crisis
    New York Times: Algeria Sowed Seeds of Hostage Crisis as It Nurtured Warlord

British Prime Minister David Cameron and Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika are aiming to coordinate their security policies for West Africa, accompanied by Secret Intelligence Service Chief (Sir) John Sawers, focusing on border security, roadside bombs, and terror propaganda. I would guess that Iyad Ag Ghali, among other leading jihadists, wanted to strike as quickly as he could before he and his jihadists fled. That energy facility is just north of Tuareg territory, and as his fighters joined other AQIM operatives in attacking Mali’s cities, he and his negotiating team were in Algiers attempting to essentially hold the Algerians off. Just days before Christmas 2012, there was an announcement of a peace deal with the Helpers of the Faith, which broke down into destruction of mausoleums and mobilization by France. By now, I’d think it’s too late for these Al-Qaeda operatives, just as it might be too late for other Sharia supremacists.:

Jakarta Globe: PKS Leaders’ Defense of Luthfi Could Hurt Party’s Image: Expert

Talk about a new merger. The Prosperous Justice Party suffered a scandal involving a $4 million bribe on beef imports a few days ago. Anis Matta stated that his predecessor, one Luthfi Hasan Ishaaq, was the victim of a broader conspiracy targeting the party, which is leading the voters there to start doubting it. It probably won’t help matters that the party received a stamp of approval for its Sharia credentials from Yusuf Al-Qaradawi and copied the secretive hierarchical structure used by the Muslim Brotherhood back in Egypt, so the corruption there stinks already. The House Foreign Affairs Committee might have some tidbits with which it can launch a new investigation, assuming that it doesn’t get bogged down in the coming weeks.:

Roll Call: House GOP Remains on Offense on Budget
    Fox News Channel: Democrats Still Saying Republican Aim to Shortchange ‘Greatest Generation’ in Fiscal Deal
    New York Times: Top Donors to Republicans Seek More Say in Senate Races

“No budget, no pay” is the approach favored by Georgia Congressperson Tom Price, but House and Senate Democrats are dismissive. They might as well hunker down since the President of America himself has his eye on attempting to preserve any semblance of Social Security or Medicare. Paul Ryan remains involved in figuring out the numbers, stressing a net aimed at safeguarding especially vulnerable Americans. In general, Republicans are insisting on balance in the budget using “just spending cuts”, perhaps with outside help. The Conservative Victory Project, which has support from Karl Rove, wants to “counter other organizations that have helped defeat establishment Republican candidates over the last two election cycles”. They see the vacancy opened by outgoing Iowa Senator Tom Harkin – the main witness to Howard Dean’s infamous scream – as their first opportunity to test out their new strategy, and I guess the donors to it have agreements with it to keep their names secret until the time is right. Grover Norquist of Americans for Tax Reform pointed out various candidates who received establishment support but still fared poorly against Tea Partiers, and I might think that others are preparing their own local campaigns. The rest of you might not need to guess how optimistic – or pessimistic – I am about this development.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 4th February 2013 at 3:24 AM.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    So what? It also owes trillions and trillions to foreign countries.

Not on the same scale.
    Truly it is. The Trillions and Trillions we owe are also owed to us. No, it is not the same amount, but they can claim debt on us before we claim it on them. We owe China 1.2 Trillion last time I checked, but China owes us 600 billion. We owe Brasil 500 billion, but they owe us 800 billion. The U.S is not going into bankruptcy anytime soon. Do we need to get spending under control? Yes. However, with the size of our economy (approximately 60 trillion dollars) and the money owed back to us (about 12.5 Trillion dollars) if we were to go banrupt, we are taking the whole world with us.

Got any proof of that?
    Look at above comment. For any country to ask for their debt currently would be suicide. Especially China. Read on their history a little.

Unemployment when Obama assumed power- 7.8%

Unemployment at time of election- 7.9%.

Unemployment rose over his time in power.
    Not by much. It was expected to happen after the finicial crises.

I'm not a Republican, but you've shown your level headed approach on this issue by blaming the debt ceiling entirely on them.
    He did.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    You know who I wish was President right now? Newt Gingrich. Now he was the highlight of the entire 2012 Election cycle. I was crushed when Herman Cain dropped out, but eventually I warmed up to Newt when he did so well in the South Carolina Primary and for his power to stand up to the media. He made it a point that, unlike the President, he knew how to actually run Washington. He's done it before. And was damn good at it too. A Newt Gingrich vs Barack Obama election run would have been catastrophic for the President, and would have been far more interesting than what we got with Romney.

The mainstream media knew this, but unlike Herman Cain, they couldn't take him down due to Newt's power to stand up to the media. It was that ******* Rick Santorum that took all of Newt's Southern voters because Santorum was claiming himself to be a "True Conservative." Then, all of a sudden, he dropped out, giving the victory to Romney. The Corrupt GOP at its finest.

I'm glad I don't live in USA.
    I love Newt too darn it. Yet, I am still fine living in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by miles0624 View Post
    Look at above comment. For any country to ask for their debt currently would be suicide. Especially China. Read on their history a little.
    Okay, saying "I think it is this" is not proof, proof would be providing a source to back up your claims.

Okay, saying "I think it is this" is not proof, proof would be providing a source to back up your claims.
    I didn't say I think it is this, I just stated the numbers. Just facts. I'll provide sources later. Currently just on the phone.

When I made mention to china's history, I was stating about their history with their economical structure, which is the reason most people only refer to them as an economical superpower.

Also, the aprroximately wasn't thinking, it was just me rounding from the numbers. Difference, but I will be back later tonight.

New York Times: Vast Oil Reserve May Now Be Within Reach, and Battle Heats Up
    Fox News Channel: Sophisticated Cyberattack Hits Energy Department, China Possible Suspect

Either Divine Providence is pulling these threads together, or the people involved recognize exactly what they intend to work with. As the global cyberwar now hits the Energy Department, California has a bit of a brawl between two heavyweights within the Democratic Party. An energy field known as Midway-Sunset is located near a shale formation with a few exploratory sites set up already. Speculation abounds that California could be about to experience “a new oil boom”, with energy newcomers setting up shop in nearby Bakersfield. Some have bid as high as $1,000 per acre in auctions that once went up only to the minimum of $2. At least some, if not all, information companies are backing environmental groups, especially the Sierra Club, while certain ethnic activists could rally behind these new energy companies, especially activists within the League of United Latin American Citizens, with stated concerns about low-income people in that state. One could imagine or intuit that while Latino entrepreneurs will fare better in some areas, black entrepreneurs will fare better in other areas. A boost for the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference could even arise quickly enough. Either way, I see a battle brewing for President Barack Obama, Vice-President Joe Biden, and House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy within that state – and an altogether different battle brewing across the Pacific Ocean. The Federal Bureau of Investigation has dispatched agents to reinforce the Energy Department’s cybersecurity programs, with notifications sent out to employees with stolen information. The National Nuclear Security Administration is responsible for maintaining our nuclear bombs, and indications exist that the hackers wanted classified data on them this time. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if, say, the Democratic and Republican National Committees ended up targeted for theft down the road, between these two trends and Southeast Asia’s fluctuant emergence.:

Diplomat: Thomas Kean: Burma’s Biggest Win: Its Legislature
    Times of India: Armed forces building deadly drone arsenal, also want combat UAVs

Burmese President Thein Sein, the National League for Democracy, and the Union Solidarity and Development Party moved quite quickly in setting up a lawmaking body for their country. Little was expected out of the USDP after a “deeply flawed election” back in November 2010, but the Kachins were able to alleviate a food shortage, while investigations into various land disputes, including confiscations, are taking shape. Former Burmese military officers can now converse with former political prisoners, whom they themselves might have once imprisoned and interrogated for threatening the state or their purposes, to empower the people in general. Legislators from all parties involved have split numerous times on different proposals and bills and ignored recommendations from President Thein Sein himself, largely because USDP members have been known to mix and socialize with non-USDP members on a regular basis, according to the lawmakers. House of Representatives Speaker Shwe Mann has encouraged this focus on national concerns, but plenty of gains remain, such as Internet access. The Kachin Independence Army and those Burmese military commanders could agree to stop their conflict and start the addition of that region to the rest of the world, and that’d be it. Perhaps those officers would even cite the exact same worry I described earlier for such an opposite course of action. In any case, once that happened, the United Wa State Army would have a chance to be the main ethnic troublemaker within Burma, and Generals Bikram Singh and Thanasak Patimaprakorn would have more than a few chances to coordinate their countries’ security ties. India’s military officers are expanding their capacity to acquire and maintain fleets of drones, and Israel Aerospace Industries is generous enough to provide them. From microdrones capable of spying beyond enemy detection grids to “killer” drones capable of firing missiles directly at enemy targets, India wants to set out into its neighborhood, and it might be closer to throwing off a few factions off to the west than even it knows.:

Ahram: Syria, Mali crises overshadow Islamic summit in Cairo
    Ahram: Egypt’s presidential palace clashes take toll on local businesses

The Organization for Islamic Cooperation could’ve succeeded in calling all of its members together, and it’d be that much closer to swamping the Muslim Brotherhood, particularly Egyptian President Muhammad Morsi. Al-Qaeda appears to be a major theme for that Islamic nongovernmental group, the Islamic countries’ main forum for coordinating their positions, and it had to postpone its last meeting because it was scheduled for… February 2011, right in the middle of Egypt’s initial implosion. For its part, the upheavals frightened Saudi Arabia into choosing its own delegate, one Iyad Madani, to replace Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu once this summit unfolds this week. The businesses surrounding the presidential palace in Cairo, on the other hand, are clear already, giving the area the appearance of a ghost town. Entrepreneurs aren’t optimistic at all regarding their prospects in the coming weeks and months, but exceptions do exist, such as street vendors selling snacks, cigarettes, and protest masks. The demonstrators could march straight to the location of this summit, and the open jaws and blank stares on certain Islamic leaders would be enough to bring a few chuckles out of me. If their presence convinced certain People’s Liberation Army officers to start monitoring their country’s North African investments ever more closely, whether on energy or food, then the friction could only grow. We could be facing a similar problem in Florida even now.:

American Enterprise Institute: Timothy Carney: Sugar Industry Would Wither without Big Government

Sugarcane subsidies have marked an area south of Lake Okeechobee, and as a consequence, farmers of all stripes favor constant restrictions on imports in order to keep prices high. Even Senator Marco Rubio buys into this story, arguing that accommodations for the likes of Brazil would obliterate the sugar industry. However, it looks like man-made canals are helping prop up these fields, first set up by one Napoleon Broward with help from the Army Corps of Engineers, who drained the surrounding portion of the Everglades. In addition, cheap labor was brought in from Jamaica and the Bahamas, and Florida outlawed any attempts by sugarcane cutters to quit. The main corporate tycoon behind the current arrangement is one Pepe Fanjul, and he’s tossing his money into the fight to preserve these sugarcane subsidies. If this bit of news reaches Rush Limbaugh, then I’m certain that other sugarcane growers throughout this country will have a field day. I find myself increasingly curious, so the rest of you may feel free to cite some numbers for sugarcane production if you wish.

I didn't say I think it is this, I just stated the numbers. Just facts. I'll provide sources later. Currently just on the phone.

When I made mention to china's history, I was stating about their history with their economical structure, which is the reason most people only refer to them as an economical superpower.

Also, the aprroximately wasn't thinking, it was just me rounding from the numbers. Difference, but I will be back later tonight.
    Alright. Come back with an actual link to this information, and we'll be more likely to believe it.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Got a thing I wanna throw out here, and that I believe that there is a bipartisan case to be made to filibuster Hagel.

For Republicans: Hagel is a horrible nominee, he signals weakness to the enemies, he has a line of Anti Semetic thought that would harm our relationship with Israel, and he is in many ways a complete idiot in a dangerous position.

For Democrats: It allows Obama to harp on the dastardly Republicans for filibustering Hagel while privately being thankful. It allows him to then advance Michelle Flournoy who served as Undersecretary of Defense for the first three years of Obama's term. Served in the Pentagon under Bill Clinton with numerous citations for excellence, and would be the first Woman Secretary of Defense allowing Obama to deflect some of his issues he is having with women.

Now I hate to have Republicans fall on the sword for Obama's own incompetence, but it does save us all from a horrible Secretary of Defense.

Reuters: Under Obama, coal country fights for its way of life
    Hill Hillicon Valley: Jennifer Martinez: House Republicans place priority on immigration fix for high-skilled workers

Call a new alert for this one. While coal workers, possibly including clean coal workers, figure out how they can outmaneuver President Barack Obama, Virginia Representative Bob Goodlatte wants to review efforts to fast-track visas for immigrants with more expertise in informational capitalism. Natural gas exploration has progressed alongside declining demand for coal-based electricity, but environmentalists have more actively opposed any additional facilities for coal refinement. Murray Energy Corporation is among the companies concerned about an end to coal’s overall viability, with regulations flowing right out of the Environmental Protection Agency against new coal generators. Appalachia has seen wealth and development erupt from coal operations, but few seem to imagine any lifestyle more dangerous. For their part, the coal workers are happy about themselves and the materials that they provide to their communities, and at least some could take up mechanization to streamline their production. I would imagine that Republicans and Democrats alike could want to find ways to link their concerns with those of incoming energy entrepreneurs, so my guess would be that these fast-tracked processes would be the other most viable step to take through legislation. If some new refugees were included in these high-skilled immigrants, well, the implications involving any instability in said refugees’ originating countries wouldn’t need much explanation. Their health could be a different factor altogether.:

Daily Caller: Caroline May: Pathway to citizenship may increase ObamaCare cost $300 billion
    Hill HealthWatch: Elise Viebeck: Pa. governor rejects Medicaid expansion

The Senate Budget Committee has calculations of a total of $300 billion for provisions dealing with health care eligibility for illegal immigrants, assuming that a different provision capping the actual amount of money on exchange subsidies gets sidelined. Even keeping that provision could cut $1,100 of annual benefits from Americans getting the ObamaCare benefits through the exchanges. The Budget Committee staffers used estimates from the Congressional Budget Office of at least seven million illegal immigrants without health insurance, of whom around 85% could qualify for said benefits, assuming that said exchanges remain the same. Some states could go for that path, including Pennsylvania. Health care reform could give Pennsylvanians and Ohioans room to gather similar information, such as health concerns for coal workers and persecuted refugees, and the boosts for the American health care market would be steady. The urgency present outside this country could push Republicans and Democrats alike to act even more rapidly than they could already suspect.:

Fox News Channel: American Christian Fears Supporters Have Given Up on Freeing Him from Iranian Jail
    Ahram: Al-Azhar Imam tells Ahmadinejad not to interfere in Gulf

I suppose it’s telling that my first instinct upon reading that update was to wonder whether or not Pastor Saeed Abedini was already dead from several bullets fired by some random death squad picked by the Islamic Revolutionary Guards after that death sentence for the man last week. The American Center for Law and Justice has a warning that officials at Evin Prison are attempting to brainwash him, alongside the torture they’ve used against him. There may very well be more Christians inside Iran than we know, but Saeed Abedini might’ve done less than the Iranians – including President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad – believe or are letting on to the rest of the world. The Salafis at Al-Azhar University could demand more purity in their direction, and if Iran’s clerics and the Islamic Revolutionary Guards washed their hands of any part in the pastor’s plight by letting him go, then they’d simply up that campaign. Either way, religious freedom would suffer another series of blows, and Iran and Egypt would each be that much further along into the abyss.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 6th February 2013 at 1:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    His base isn't liberal either.

This is basically your argument at this point. Obama isn't a liberal, yet he's pursuing a liberal agenda (which he isn't) in order to rally his "liberal" base (which aren't liberal). In short, Obama is pursuing policies he doesn't like or want. Ok. Cool.
    If his base isn't liberal, than he has no base.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    If his base isn't liberal, than he has no base.
    That doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    Alright. Come back with an actual link to this information, and we'll be more likely to believe it.
    Here is a good sight that calculates our debt.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

The national debt we have is top right. Our Assests are down at the bottom.

Now to what I stated about individual countries. It appears I was wrong on some accounts. Brasil has paid some debt while china got worse.

China owes money to the U.S. and investors.

http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/2012/0...rillion-bucks/
    Now, last time I saw it, it was 600 billion and not as much as this article would lead one to believe. Yet, if either the U.S. or China did this, it would start a trickle down effect.

Plus it would then start the fight of whether China should pay back the bonds owed to us. (Not the current one stated above). But the actual one from the previous regime, which many Americans would incite, seeing as how both Fox and CNN agree on this.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/...united-states/

and regular people such as

http://americanbondholdersfoundation.com/

they also mentioned money owed to citizens, but we are only discussing governments.

Now, I am not condoning the Chinese approach or saying we should do it, but that would cause the infinite loophole. (Thus, showing I am not stating an opinion, as you guys should know by now.)

Also, at one of the sources above, you will see that Brasil and the U.S have both dropped considerably in debt to each other. Brasil only owning 128 billion in U.S. debt, and the U.S owning 60 billion of theirs.

Also, this was something I was looking for.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15748696

Gives you a great example of how we owe money but are owed money.

We owe the U.k. 836 billion euros, yet they owe us 578 billion euros. So on and so forth. Yes, we are the biggest borrowers of most aid, but there are other countries(Greece, Ireland, Italy, Etc.) that only owe us money. Also, take into account that 70% of our aid comes from developing countries and then you see the big picture.

Again, no bias, no made up information. Everything I stated was fact.

Edit: Also, if you look closely, you can see our defense, interst, and income secruity debt shrinking while the other three are growing.

Edit 2: Last thing and I'll see you guys late. Pay attention to the risk factors as well to see what I meant in the first post. For example, even though we have significant more debt than France, we are a lower risk factor, and even though. In the revolving door a debt, the actual number doesn't matter, otherwise Japan (Highest Government debt to GDP in the world,) and the U.K. (the third highest Foreign debt to GDB in the word. Ireland is first if you want to see with China being in the second and) would be the highest risk factors. I'll find data for the U.S. for you, but for the high powered countries (which are the only ones that are being compared) I believe I remember them being 7 and 12th respectively. This I don't know, and I'll get back to you on.
    Last edited by miles0624; 6th February 2013 at 4:49 PM.

Does anyone know whether Obama is going to do something to lower student loans? I know it was low and he let it go up but I swear I read something a little while ago that said he was going to try and pass something to significantly drop them again.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    Does anyone know whether Obama is going to do something to lower student loans? I know it was low and he let it go up but I swear I read something a little while ago that said he was going to try and pass something to significantly drop them again.

B
    http://www.careonecredit.com/knowled...oan-debt-.aspx

There you go. However, here are somethings you should know,

1. The governtment already offered loan forgivness services for public workers. One example, say you were an attorney and graduated with no job and 250k in debt. You could work as a public defendant for five years and have you loans removed. Even though it is knowledge readily avilavble, alot of people don't take up on it. As far as I know, this is avilable for Lawyers, Doctors, some PHDs (history and Social Justice I know definately). Now, this may address undergrad, which I don't know anything about, but Grad students can get a lot of breaks.

I agree with the know befor you owe thing. If you are willing to take the loan, be willing to pay it back. Everyone should know by now that education doesn't come free. It is a gamble. Just because you got a degree in are doesn't mean you are granteed a job. If you want to learn, than go for it, but it is always a risk.

http://www.careonecredit.com/knowled...oan-debt-.aspx

There you go. However, here are somethings you should know,

1. The governtment already offered loan forgivness services for public workers. One example, say you were an attorney and graduated with no job and 250k in debt. You could work as a public defendant for five years and have you loans removed. Even though it is knowledge readily avilavble, alot of people don't take up on it. As far as I know, this is avilable for Lawyers, Doctors, some PHDs (history and Social Justice I know definately). Now, this may address undergrad, which I don't know anything about, but Grad students can get a lot of breaks.

I agree with the know befor you owe thing. If you are willing to take the loan, be willing to pay it back. Everyone should know by now that education doesn't come free. It is a gamble. Just because you got a degree in are doesn't mean you are granteed a job. If you want to learn, than go for it, but it is always a risk.
    Thanks! Grad school may be an option but right know I am just getting my double bachelors. I am not interested in debt forgiveness (though it sounds nice) i stand a chance to make more money and have better opportunities away from public workers. I can pay the money back I was just interested if interest rates would go back down to 3.5% (guess) or lower instead of the 7% (guess) that it is now.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)

Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    Thanks! Grad school may be an option but right know I am just getting my double bachelors. I am not interested in debt forgiveness (though it sounds nice) i stand a chance to make more money and have better opportunities away from public workers. I can pay the money back I was just interested if interest rates would go back down to 3.5% (guess) or lower instead of the 7% (guess) that it is now.

B
    I think that full debt forgiveness is completely infeasible, as nice as it sounds. I think minor student debt relief would be a lot more doable, and probably more reasonable. However, I doubt anything like that is gonna be anywhere near the table for a while.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

National (Abu Dhabi): Kuwait’s opposition to escalate protests after former MPs jailed for insulting emir
    Reuters: Tunisian government out after critic’s killing causes fury

Thus does Tunisia become the latest country engulfed in turmoil, and I definitely wouldn’t want to be in either incoming Organization for Islamic Cooperation Secretary-General Iyad Madani, Muslim Brotherhood Supreme Guide Mohammed Badie, Al-Azhar University Grand Imam Muhammad Ahmed Al-Tayeb, Kuwaiti Emir Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah, or Syrian National Coalition leader Moaz Al-Khatib’s shoes right about now. Three former legislators received three years in jail for supposedly undermining that ruling figure’s reputation, but they had yet to be hauled off. For the protesters’ part, they’re willing to deny any intimidation from the House of Sabah by turning out in the streets, and they want to either get the ruling family to fix the problems according to the current system or overthrow it completely and thus start anew. They could get some help from the people of Tunisia after the assassination of one Chokri Belaid, who led the Party of Democratic Patriots. His assassin fled via motorcycle the second the deed was done, and hours passed before crowds inundated the streets. The Nahda Movement, led by another Muslim Brotherhood operative named Rashid Ghannushi, saw its officials quit their positions next to President Moncef Marzouki, who had to fly back to Tunis immediately after an appearance at the European Parliament. That new operative supported Hezbollah and Saddam Hussein alike and is now denying involvement in this murder, but judging from some of the Twitter reactions, Sharia supremacists could be out of time already, even ones further east.:

Ahram: OIC chief: We need Shia-Sunni dialogue
    Fox News Channel: Nearly 800,000 Refugees Flee Fighting in Syria, US Officials Say

Whoever was behind Chokri Belaid’s assassination might have picked a perfect opportunity to start unnerving other high-ranking leaders at the Organization for Islamic Cooperation’s summit, particularly outgoing Secretary-General Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu. He needn’t have worried about that reprimand for Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, but Sunnis and Shiites from Basra to Aleppo will have countless incentives to continue their rift. Those Syrian refugees could have already given up on their country, and the heartbreak for State Department officials on the ground would be all too plain to witness. Children are huddling together to stay warm when the temperatures are frigid, while parents with missing children have cell phone images every day. Five water facilities have gained access to chlorine tests, enabling clean water to reach almost “10 million people over the next three months”. Either Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad or any Alawite leaders could attempt to… bypass these humanitarian checkpoints, but in any case, the United Nations officials on the ground should be certain to maintain them as long as they can before any contingency plans that they’ll have needed this whole time go into effect. The Salafi sympathizers in Syria can only work to drive them out with a Sharia statelet of their own, and that’ll be it for any proponents of religious liberty, whether quiet or open.:

British Broadcasting Corporation: Denmark shooting: Gunman targets Islam critic Hedegaard
    Voice of the Copts: Ashraf Ramelah: Request Holy See Investigation

The International Free Press Society is a group supporting free media, and some random individual targeted Lars Hedegaard with what turned out to be a jammed gun. Denmark was the country with the newspaper that published those cartoons mocking Muhammad seven years ago at this time, one major step in Islam’s cultural nullification. Someone got the idea to attempt to fine the writer for insults against Islam, but the Supreme Court of Denmark threw that idea out the window. Other Muslims in and near Copenhagen could rally behind this mystery gunman if they haven’t done so already, pushing Scandinavia closer to the Anglosphere, Poland, and Estonia, among other entities across Europe. A similar sequence of events could progress as Voice of the Copts highlights a different First Amendment abdication at the Diocese of Worcester. Bishop Robert Joseph McManus had an appearance scheduled for Robert Spencer, the first seriously open critic of the concept of “Islamophobia” that I recall. However, a leading activist at the Islamic Council of New England – which apparently underwent a coup by Muslim American Society, read Muslim Brotherhood, operatives in Boston some years ago – intervened to get the clerics there to cancel the invitation. Voice of the Copts is calling on the Holy See to counter the disinformation sent out by Islamic clerics by opening and maintaining freedom of critical thought everywhere, citing the silence of higher-ranking Roman Catholic and Coptic Orthodox officials inside this country about the persecution of Christians in Islam’s areas, which, if anything, could be an understatement. As these Christians flee altogether, they will take their entrepreneurship with them, which could nullify efforts by others to advance along similar lines and further push them away from modernization.:

Fox News Latino: Silicon Valley Company Hires Mexican Workers, Pays Them in Pesos
    New York Times: U.S. Stepped In to Halt General’s Rise

Talk about an unwanted mix. Bloom Energy, which specializes in clean solid oxide fuel cells, used pesos as the mode of payment for the Mexican workers that it hired. They welded and refurbished for that company, and the total penalty goes to just over $38,000 plus regular reports on pay practices. Bloom Energy transferred the salary payments directly into bank accounts in Mexico and included daily provisions of $50 for food needs. Those workers might very well have had it easy when contrasted with General Moises Garcia Ochoa because the Defense Department suspected him of misuse of surveillance supplies and embezzlement from a contract for said equipment worth millions. The Institutional Revolutionary Party has focused on programs for continued development, attempting to shed its reputation for striking deals with drug cartels until 2000. For the military officer’s part, he also rescinded a request for American assistance with some military helicopters when we asked about business, flight, and fuel records, according to the recollections of two officials. As it happens, we already have drones helping patrol Mexican airspace and operations against money launderers down there, so it might be safe to assume that we’re keeping an eye on any other unwanted activity across this region. American and Mexican officials could need a few pointers from additional sources on securing the drones, among other factors in our military modernization.:

American Broadcasting Company News: Brennan Interrupted by Protesters, Defends Drone Strikes at Hearing

I guess it’ll be all that John Brennan can do in the face of these continued protests against our new drones. The protesters from Code Pink attempted to interrupt this congressional hearing, with one holding up hands supposedly drenched in blood and another holding up a sign saying, “Brennan = Drone Killing”. He argues that classified numbers could support a “public case for drone strikes”, while transparency should be in place when they actually happen. He also expressed disgust at waterboarding, among other concerns addressed by the senators at this hearing. The irony for President Barack Obama might be quite stark should this nomination succeed.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 8th February 2013 at 3:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    I think that full debt forgiveness is completely infeasible, as nice as it sounds. I think minor student debt relief would be a lot more doable, and probably more reasonable. However, I doubt anything like that is gonna be anywhere near the table for a while.
    I agree with you completely.

I still think its a shame that the interest rate went up. 7% is higher than both my home loan and car loan interest rates combined.

B

Page 10 of 140 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast