Page 22 of 140 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics: THANKS OBAMA

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    Well, then answer this. Why did it took me 5 minutes to cast my vote in my home state NJ when it took hours to cast vote in Democratic areas in Florida? Explain that.
    Think about this for a second, New Jersey is not a swing state, the same with Texas in which it took me about the same time. The pressure is not there, the money is not blitzing the airwaves, and the GOTV effort is not there. Have you ever considered the reason why the lines in Florida were so long as opposed to NJ were because Florida was a major swing state and was treated as such by both camps?

So you DO agree that voting rights are racial entitlements. There's more evidence to uphold the Voting Rights Act than to struck it down.
    I never said that, nor do I believe that it is a racial entitlement, nor should the constitutionality of this act be based on my view. But that being said, what is the definition of a racial entitlement? A special act given to a class or race of people based on their class or race? If so then the special amount of scrutiny given to any election changes in the South to protect Blacks, when the same amount of scrutiny is not given for races in the rest of America, as per Section 5, would be considered a racial entitlement. I am not saying it is or it isn't, I am merely looking at the definitions as given.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Think about this for a second, New Jersey is not a swing state, the same with Texas in which it took me about the same time. The pressure is not there, the money is not blitzing the airwaves, and the GOTV effort is not there. Have you ever considered the reason why the lines in Florida were so long as opposed to NJ were because Florida was a major swing state and was treated as such by both camps?
    Then that needs to be changed with more voting centers. So explain the cutbacks in Early Voting over there in Democratic areas? Rick Scott must have a GOOD reason.

I never said that, nor do I believe that it is a racial entitlement, nor should the constitutionality of this act be based on my view. But that being said, what is the definition of a racial entitlement? A special act given to a class or race of people based on their class or race? If so then the special amount of scrutiny given to any election changes in the South to protect Blacks, when the same amount of scrutiny is not given for races in the rest of America, as per Section 5, would be considered a racial entitlement. I am not saying it is or it isn't, I am merely looking at the definitions as given.
    The right to vote is a constitutional right and history has shown literacy tests and poll taxes were ways to work around the 14th and 15th Amendment until proven unconstitutional in 1966.

Then that needs to be changed with more voting centers. So explain the cutbacks in Early Voting over there in Democratic areas? Rick Scott must have a GOOD reason.
    I believe we have already gone over this.

The right to vote is a constitutional right and history has shown literacy tests and poll taxes were ways to work around the 14th and 15th Amendment until proven unconstitutional in 1966.
    Then Section 5 of the VRA has no need does it, as the Constitution Amendments have shown to take care of them. But you never addressed how Section 5 of the VRA is not a racial entitlement as it gives special dispensation to one race above others.

I believe we have already gone over this.
    And the result was that Florida was not the decider of the election as planned and the people of Florida are still not happy with what happened.

Then Section 5 of the VRA has no need does it, as the Constitution Amendments have shown to take care of them. But you never addressed how Section 5 of the VRA is not a racial entitlement as it gives special dispensation to one race above others.
    But, it gives Texas and South Carolina along with states with history of racial discrimination the freedom to redistrict and curb the minority and young voters to ensure Republican control. I'm not surprised if that's why you want it struck down.

And the result was that Florida was not the decider of the election as planned and the people of Florida are still not happy with what happened.
    So they are unhappy that Obama won to the point there was not a need for a massive recount in Florida?

But, it gives Texas and South Carolina along with states with history of racial discrimination the freedom to redistrict and curb the minority and young voters to ensure Republican control. I'm not surprised if that's why you want it struck down.
    I want it struck down on mere constitutional grounds, nothing more, and I would appreciate it if you do not insinuate things about me.

So they are unhappy that Obama won to the point there was not a need for a massive recount in Florida?
    No, they are unhappy with Rick Scott's handling of the elections in preventing Democrat votes. There were reports of 201,000 citizens turned away from long lines.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...te-ken-detzner

I want it struck down on mere constitutional grounds, nothing more, and I would appreciate it if you do not insinuate things about me.
    I'm just saying what the GOP of your state might want.

No, they are unhappy with Rick Scott's handling of the elections in preventing Democrat votes. There were reports of 201,000 citizens turned away from long lines.

"Elections supervisors have blamed the long lines and delays on the cutback of early-voting days from 14 to eight that was ordered by the 2011 Legislature, a record-long ballot that included 11 lengthy constitutional amendments and a 71 percent turnout for a hotly contested presidential election."

Notice only one of those, the cut back of 6 days from the legislature, of which the Justice Department approved of, is the fault of the State Legislature, having a long ballot, and high voter turnout also greatly contributed to it.

They may also wish to be judged as other states are, and not have to go through a lengthy and partisan process with the Justice Department over the most minor election issues.

I agree, we need to take measures to prevent things like this, but by applying it to only a few states, section 5 is unconstitutional. Applying it to all states would be fine, and is honestly the best policy. You keep bringing up Florida as reason we need this law, but Florida isn't even one of the states Section 5 applies to. All states or none, it's simple.

Don't get me wrong, I think we still need this law, but, unless we apply it to all fifty states, it's unconstitutional, plain and simple.
    Last edited by YourFavoriteUser; 2nd April 2013 at 3:40 AM.
    Pokemon isn't real, I'm sorry

Catholic News Agency: Pro-life Democrats call for board HHS mandate exemptions
    Daily Caller: Robby Soave: Johns Hopkins denies recognition to pro-lifers, equates them with white supremacists

The calls to separate abortion from ObamaCare are going out, and it looks like Democrats for Life of America is leading the charge here. If Pope Francis and Patriarch Kirill I want to work together to articulate a comprehensively Christian case for defending life, then they should and will have as many incentives to proceed as they can gather. Hercules Industries and Conestoga Wood Specialties filed lawsuits against the Health and Human Services Department for keeping that mandate for providing contraceptives and abortion-inducing drugs, and lower courts decided to grant both businesses preliminary injunctions, which opposing activists are challenging at appellate courts. Even abortion-avoiding contraceptives seem inadequate in satisfying the boundaries of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, which include protection to avoid supporting abortions in the first place. One imagines that recognition of other groups defending life, such as Voice for Life, will be on the minds of supportive activists as a provision to address at universities, as well, as Johns Hopkins distastefully demonstrated. That group applied for official recognition twice last month, but students there rejected the application, thereby restricting funds for student activities and access to various campus buildings, by a margin of 10-8, comparing it to the group that popped up at the Conservative Political Action Conference a couple of weeks ago… in the person of Scott Terry. Other student government members considered pictures of aborted babies offensive, which received criticism from one Evan Lazerowitz. Oddly, at least to yours truly, Voice for Life’s activism occurs away from Johns Hopkins’ campus, and other students have protested against Chick-fil-A. They may have also rejected Dr. Ben Carson for similar reasons, so there we go. One could wonder how quickly Johns Hopkins’ education system will shift as the information revolution races ahead, along with other schools across America.:

Daily Caller: Eric Owens: Texas school backs off teaching 9/11 was America’s fault
    Philadelphia Inquirer: Nothing so gutsy about Christie’s Camden school takeover

I remember enjoying certain debates involving my past school friends, which could work with my opinions about some of you on this thread. As Osama bin Laden, Anwar Al-Awlaki, and Abu Musab Abdel-Wadoud have come and gone, school officials looking to deconstruct our founding mission in pursuit of self-punishment issued several quizzes to the effect that any “negative effects” from the American Empire must be addressed, read reversed permanently. If it helps, one of the potential answers to the quiz in question was “terrorists hate everyone”, and Safari Montage is the name of the company responsible for it. Kara Sands, the parent who convinced Flour Bluff Intermediate School officials to change the question, took the matter to a school board meeting this past Thursday, and she also noted concerns about food and medicine in the Bill of Rights. Other recent complaints surfacing against Texas curriculum material that promoted similar themes, including projects repeatedly praising the Prophet of Islam, included open discussion of head coverings for women, enforceable via arrest in Saudi Arabia and Iran, and encouraged high school girls to wear full veils and consider Islamic terrorists “freedom fighters”, presumably indicating freedom from Judeo-Christianity and the American Empire. The school responsible for the last incident, located north of Beaumont, also included a paper about, well, the correction of Egypt’s fortunes under the Muslim Brotherhood. I imagine that Ghassan Hitto, that rejected technocratic appointee for the Syrian National Coalition who also once worked for an electronics company near Dallas, would approve, as would Mohammed Qatanani, giving Governors Rick Perry and Chris Christie additional Sharia-oriented headaches. The announcement from the latter came last Monday, and Education Commissioner Chris Cerf called it a politically gutsy move. Camden Mayor Dana Redd stood solidly with this initiative, countering accusations of insensitivity to the needs of urban children. Democrats and Republicans in South Jersey were virtually silent, so the implications for 2016 will remain for us to spot. Concerns about affordability from legislators could arise even sooner.:

Roll Call: When Does ‘Appropriator’ Become a Dirty Word? Perhaps in Georgia’s GOP Primary
    Hill Energy and Environment Wire: Zack Colman: Senate rejects amendment gutting military biofuels in 40-59 vote

Georgia Representatives Jack Kingston and Paul Broun are vying for victory in their party’s primary to win one of their state’s Senate seats, but since the former is in charge of appropriations for labor and health, activists more open to limitations on any federal spending, even discretionary, could be more nervous. Kingston “amassed nearly $50 million in solo earmark requests from 2008 to 2010” and cited spending cuts approved by the appropriations panel among others in Congress, while Broun regularly brought up spending amendments that acted as “bellwethers on the voting scorecards of” certain advocacy groups, including the Heritage Foundation. The former is getting help from the Republican Main Street Partnership, and American Crossroads could step in at any time. Oklahoma Representative Tom Cole, for his part, stated that most earmarks are defensible, so there shouldn’t be much, if any, fear about speaking up. A different fiscal oddity could emerge as we start to examine the viability of biofuels, especially now that the Department of Defense has been implementing these programs. There are states in the Midwest, perhaps including Iowa, which “host sizable biofuel operations” for use in designs of new warships and vehicles, and I have yet to mention even more urgent problems on the other side of the Pacific Ocean.:

Reuters: China’s losing battle against state-backed polluters
    Reuters: South Korea vows fast response to North; U.S. positions destroyer

Zijin Mining, a major manufacturer of gold in China, threatened to relocate from Shanghang to Xiamen, near the southeast coast – and Taiwan – to contain any environmental damage, a manifestation of some new challenges confronting the Chinese Communists in their efforts to persuade local bureaucrats to set aside some wealth for environmental preservation. A “torrent of toxic slurry” even barreled out of the mine at Zijin Mountain into the Ting River back in 2010, resulting in 4 million dead fish, and nine days passed before the company, thus far the only one in Shanghang, admitted to any problem. Shen Hongbo of Fudan University sees “universal” applicability in Zijin Mining’s problems since the ensuing wealth helped construct a highway connecting the town to the rest of the province surrounding it, an effect common to hundreds of state-backed firms. Local officials’ lax enforcement attitudes got the attention of the recent National People’s Congress, presumably including new President Xi Jinping, with reports of contributions ranging into the millions of yuan – the main renminbi unit – from firms in their respective areas. Those Shanghang officials came to believe that any benefits for Zijin Mining would also filter into the community at large, and the company itself never really lost its past connections, running hospitals and schools on behalf of the regime. Zijin Mining has a special committee connected to the broader Chinese Communist Party, so while China’s environmental agencies truly want to assist in the cleanup process, local officials step in and state that the company shouldn’t be touched. Zijin Mining spent the equivalent of $12.9 million to landscape and rehabilitate parts of that aforementioned mine, set up a botanical garden, and “donated to flood relief” in another province. The Chinese Communists have yet to devise a national system to monitor emissions from the firms that they control, and I can’t imagine that the Workers’ Party of Korea is any more enthused about such prospects. The warning from South Korean President Park Geun-Hye came earlier today – with a special article at Equestria Daily – and we now have a destroyer named after Senator John McCain’s father and grandfather patrolling the waters off the Korean Peninsula in case any ballistic missiles go up, alongside some F-22 fighter planes. The rules of engagement for South Korea’s military units have some updates to allow units on the ground to respond immediately without waiting for permission from Seoul, but also destroy the statues dotting Pyongyang. First Secretary Kim Jong-Un or his commanders cut off all hotlines with us and the United Nations, so the position of either faction may be weaker than we know at this time. At least some suspiciously vengeful officers, both in North Korea and China, could decide to inundate some of our other allies in East and Southeast Asia as payback.:

Bangkok Post: Drug traffickers flood Thailand with ‘happy hour’ drugs
    Voice of America: Ron Corben: Thailand in Key Peace Talks with Muslim Insurgent Representatives

The response from drug traffickers in Burma might and should compel Thailand to increase its countermeasures, giving President Thein Sein and Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra new reasons to bolster cooperation on regional security. The illicit drugs flooded into Thailand in the past three months. Police found massive stashes of drugs ready to be smuggled into Thailand’s northernmost provinces, including at least 500 million speed pills. Authorities reported almost 40 cases nationwide, along with a few smaller busts by local policemen. The timeline will speak for itself.:

• January 15: 1.2 million speed pills seized during clash with drug gang
    • February 6: two raids resulting in seizures of 1.4 million pills in Lamphun and another 1.97 million in Chiang Rai
    • February 7: seizure of 970,000 pills in Lampang
    • March 26: 12 tribal drug suspects arrested carrying 120 bars of heroin and 38 kilograms of crystal meth

The drug networks considers Thais to be working more closely with police as spies, so they’ve split their operations across several storage points before moving said drug stocks through Bangkok into Malaysia, where they ship the drugs off around the world. The Islamic insurgents there and in Mindanao could very well attempt to crack down to preserve their own purity, and we wouldn’t have to guess the course of the bloodshed. On the other hand, they could attempt to co-opt these drug traffickers, and their revenue streams for their Sharia initiatives would grow. Either way, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak would be willing to consolidate his current position among Muslims. The National Revolutionary Front is the main Islamic group represented here, but as it turns out, other jihadists murdered three Thahan Phran members with a roadside bomb this past Thursday in what has turned into a daily struggle (pun intended) to expunge any last trace of un-Islamic influences from the regions in question. The Malaysians might not have much luck from other Islamic factions with their own ambitions, either.:

Philippine Star: Phl taps Muslim scholars to study Sabah claim
    Star Online (Kuala Lumpur): Lahad Datu: Bank Negara monitoring currency outflow to Sulu terrorists

Those Philippine lawyers are seeking assistance from any Islamic scholars with expertise on the Royal Army of Sulu, but the broader controversy over Sabah’s resources might take a while to examine, given the stakeholders. President Benigno Aquino III wants the claim taken up under international law, which could suit Bank Negara Malaysia and other officials just fine. The procedures for tracking money flows to the Kirams’ fighters concentrates on exceptionally large bank withdrawals, which will give authorities clues about the likely intended destinations for the cash, leading to frozen accounts. Who could guess that the Muslim Brotherhood itself could encounter similar stumbling blocks for its grand project throughout Islam’s main territories?:

Ahram: Cash-strapped Morsi shifts Arab allies in search of funds
    National (Abu Dhabi): Syrian rebel fighters blast Muslim Brotherhood for ‘delaying victory’

Investors, maybe including even a few individuals within the main Sharia sheikhdoms of the Arabian Peninsula, are deciding to wash their hands of Egyptian President Muhammad Morsi’s objectives, and he now wants additional reserves for his country’s coffers to cover basic commodities. Egypt’s strategic stocks of imported and local wheat are now low enough to last only three months, necessitating a flow of about $8 billion from Iraq and Libya. The greatest level of hostility is coming out of the United Arab Emirates, doubtlessly with approval from Prime Minister Muhammad bin Rashid Al-Maktoum, I would think. Egyptian officials speak of money for the opposition, referring to the National Salvation Front, straight from Abu Dhabi, which could also apply in Syria, if Emirati officials truly sought to counter the Muslim Brotherhood there, as well. There is little sympathy in, say, the streets of Damascus, but the Syrian National Coalition has members directly loyal to the group, which is raising suspicions within the Free Syrian Army, with some of those factions even threatening to follow in Moaz Al-Khatib’s footsteps and most refusing to support Ghassan Hitto from earlier. The Salafis and the Muslim Brotherhood alike now look stuck in their own quagmire, for all intents and purposes, leaving United States President Barack Obama and House Speaker John Boehner to rise up and stick with Israel, quite preferably and thankfully for us. I would venture a guess that it’s too late for those investors, in any case, so at least that view’s out there. What that means for any loyalists to the Muslim Brotherhood in North America we might be about to learn.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 2nd April 2013 at 6:59 AM.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

Remember when Senator Ted Cruz and Rep. Bill Flores voted against the Sandy Relief? Well, they are now asking federal aid from the fertilizer plant explosion in West, Texas.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...p_ref=politics

Remember when Senator Ted Cruz and Rep. Bill Flores voted against the Sandy Relief? Well, they are now asking federal aid from the fertilizer plant explosion in West, Texas.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...p_ref=politics
    "Cruz issued a statement explaining that he voted against the aid because it included a number of spending measures that were not related to disaster relief, including "Smithsonian repairs, upgrades to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration airplanes, and more funding for Head Start.""

Seems pretty straight forward, create a aid bill that focuses strictly on disaster relief.

Should make them vote on each line item in all bills.
    Stand by for political rant that no one else really cares about.

3DS friend code: 1650 1976 9524

My FS type is Steel with Magneton, Forretress and Bronzong.

"Cruz issued a statement explaining that he voted against the aid because it included a number of spending measures that were not related to disaster relief, including "Smithsonian repairs, upgrades to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration airplanes, and more funding for Head Start.""

Seems pretty straight forward, create a aid bill that focuses strictly on disaster relief.
    The explosion wasn't even a natural disaster and it should be the company's responsibility for the accident in the first place. This is just plain hypocrisy.

The explosion wasn't even a natural disaster and it should be the company's responsibility for the accident in the first place. This is just plain hypocrisy.
    How is that hypocrisy? If Cruz supported a pork loaded bill in Texas but not New Jersey that would be hypocrisy, so far you have shown nothing to suggest that is the case.

Furthermore while it is the company's responsibility, it also takes time for a company to provide aid, or they may not even have the resources to provide aid. The 2010 Oil Spill for example was a company's fault but that did not stop the Government from rushing out money to the area to help those effected.
    Last edited by BigLutz; 19th April 2013 at 11:20 PM.

Not really. A big enough disaster can be more than the company can afford. And voting against something because it includes extra crap is nothing new.

What a week, especially for the city that saw the start of the American Revolution 238 years and one day ago. I had more than a few flashbacks to everything I learned and did about global terror in general, and when I woke up on Friday morning, my journey through Twitter was instinctive. Even now, my head’s still echoing with the realization of the origin of the (suspected) bombers, along with several additional events that safely combined to leave an imprint on my mind of this past week.:

Fox News Channel: Bombing Suspects Followed Harry Potter-Hating Australian Sheikh
    Fox News Channel: Investigators Explore Possible Link Between Boston Bombing Suspect and Extremist Group

Of all the terror hotspots that could’ve produced the duo of siblings responsible for the bombing at the Boston Marathon this past Monday, Chechnya may be one of the eeriest. My first instinct was that the Caucasus Emirate had decided to turn its bloodlust against us, and judging from the mood at Fox News Channel, I’d say that Catherine Herridge has the same chain of thought in her mind. Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the bomber in question, had uploads of one Feiz Muhammad, a preacher based in Australia, and one Abdul-Hamid Juhani, a preacher well-regarded among Chechen jihadists. The former called Harry Potter a character who “glorifies, magnifies, promotes paganism” and received exposure for encouraging children to grow up as “soldiers defending Islam” from outside entities. As it happens, we’re now in the process of looking through the Tsarnaev brothers’ past connections, including an odd trip to Russia throughout the first six months of 2012. Speaking hypothetically, we might not have to imagine the shockwaves from a joint decision by Russian President Vladimir Putin, Chinese President Xi Jinping, Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, and United States President Barack Obama to crack down on Al-Qaeda, including the new Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant – formed from an official merger between the Al-Nusra Front and Al-Qaeda in Iraq – the Islamic Liberation Party, and their sympathizers throughout the world. I had about two or three other scenarios pop into my mind throughout Monday into the week, but now that these connections to Chechnya have been revealed, perhaps our focus can narrow to there.:

Reuters: Syria opposition voices frustration with international backers
    Russian International News Agency: For Boston Suspects, Was Chechnya’s Violent Past a Motive?

The House of Saud may have fewer options left as the Syrian National Coalition and Secretary of State John Kerry find themselves entangled in reluctance over the presence of jihadists, including that aforementioned new Al-Qaeda group. German Foreign Minister Gudio Westerwelle wants to raise this issue at discussions in the European Union, and for our part, we’re now planning to provide about $100 million in new aid, including night-vision goggles and body armor. Other opposition figures say that they want no foreign intervention in choosing a leader after Alawite leader Bashar Al-Assad’s downfall, but whatever we end up uncovering about Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the Salafis might not have much choice. Their activities throughout this past week left more than a few people puzzled – and even more people horrified. A woman who could be their mother was once arrested for shoplifting at Lord and Taylor, the department store that first caught the brothers after those explosions, and analysts inside Russia itself are pointing to the presence of now-current (global) leader Ayman Al-Zawahiri when he first headed to that region to recruit the local populace into the broadening jihad network. If the Chechen separatists of the past focused squarely on Russia’s burgeoning oppression, then nowadays, Chechnya is yet another bloody border for Islam. One suspects that it’ll be a matter of time before other regions worldwide follow the Chechens’ example, making even the Chinese Communist Party ever more nervous.:

New York Times: China Makes Inroads in Nepal, Stemming Tibetan Presence

India’s strategists can’t miss Nepal’s importance as it conducts its own transition toward democratic principles. 20,000 Tibetan refugees escaped there and continued their celebrations of the Dalai Lama, but Nepalese policepersons have regularly detained a number of them during protests against China. An insurgency of Maoists has plunged the country into poverty, and in response, China has offered to restore sacred sites to assist the leaders against India. That said, at least one of those major sites, Mount Kailas, is closed to this day, leaving Tibetan Buddhists fairly stuck between the Chinese Communist Party in Beijing and Lashkar-e-Taiba and Lashkar-e-Jhangvi throughout Pakistan, off to the west. I can’t help wondering how quickly even they’d blanch after the jaw-droppers leaking out of Philadelphia far more quietly this past week.:

Philadelphia Inquirer: Gosnell jury hears of woman’s death

Snipped newborn spines were only the beginning for Kermit Gosnell and his staff, and perhaps the report from the jury will be most instructive once this trial is done. Karnamaya Mongar, the woman whose story led me to this trial in the first place those few weeks ago, was attempting to adjust after flying here from Nepal, and she decided to seek an abortion after 16 weeks of pregnancy. The family clinic near her family’s home, south of Washington, D.C., said that it didn’t perform abortions after 14 weeks, and the clinic in America’s capital pointed her to the one in Philadelphia. The abortionist’s staff gave the woman an excessive anesthetizing dose, and the conditions in the bathrooms and waste pipes were enough to utterly violate the regulatory framework already in place for handling these many procedures. As for Gosnell himself, he “taught his employees how to manipulate the ultrasound machine to get a false reading” for multiple abortions, according to the report itself, and the jurors openly stated that they think nobody in Pennsylvania’s government apparatus acted “because the women in question were poor and of color, because the victims were infants without identities, and because the subject was the political football of abortion”… which would pretty much toss the concept behind the abortion industry, including notions of safety and legality, out the window. For my part, Saddam Hussein’s death squads, Kim Jong-Un’s labor camps, Omar Al-Bashir’s exterminations in Darfur, the Tamil Tigers’ suicide attacks, the Islamic Revolutionary Guards’ world-ending agenda, and even the Chechens’ viciousness weren’t quite enough for what I saw during this trial. One can only wonder what other positions will unravel in the coming months and years.:

Los Angeles Times: California Democrats blast efforts to overhaul schools

If President Barack Obama, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, and Newark Mayor Cory Booker are offering support to groups calling for increased involvement by parents, linkage between student performance and teacher evaluations, and changes to procedures to hire and fire teachers over union opposition, then just maybe, the prospects for broader disintegration will only grow. The factions in California argue that Democrats for Education Reform is in fact a front to advance “corporate interests”, such as school privatization. I’m uncertain how successful the White House and Congress will really be as additional people outside North America seek refuge from their imploding cultures – with some bringing their societal grievances with them as they arrive.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 21st April 2013 at 5:56 PM.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ldsman View Post
    Should make them vote on each line item in all bills.
    Agreed
    And it's the government job to help those affected by the disaster. It's also partially the government's fault, as this plant hasn't been inspected since the eighties.
    I'm actually agreeing with Lutz and ldsman on something for once, unless the relief bill is pork-loaded, this isn't hypocrisy

On an unrelated note, Lindsey Graham, who's fighting in Congress to protect the Second Amendment, suggests ignoring the Fifth Amendment
    Pokemon isn't real, I'm sorry

There's more evidence to uphold the Voting Rights Act than to struck it down.
    I just decided to quote some of your more blatantly wrong posts, and only include ones from the past few pages. First, I want to point out that the third statement doesn't jibe with the second. The phrase you used was "why you want it struck down," and the pronoun "you" undoubtedly referred to BigLutz. Honestly, it even would have been less offensive if you'd said "why Republicans like you want it struck down." As it is, your claim that you weren't really talking about him seems to be a rather transparent attempt at face-saving.

And I must say, you continually avoid addressing the question he's asking. If BigLutz says it's unconstitutional, you're avoiding the question if you say that there's more evidence to uphold it. And are you actually arguing that if people in some states have had a history of doing wrong things, then those states don't deserve equal treatment?

Oh, and BTW, when you finally changed the subject entirely, you just proved how lame you're being. I know you don't let conservatives off for doing things like that. (And I could probably find examples in your post history.) It genuinely doesn't sound like you really want an open debate where each side addresses the arguments presented by the opposite side.

Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    I agree, we need to take measures to prevent things like this, but by applying it to only a few states, section 5 is unconstitutional. Applying it to all states would be fine, and is honestly the best policy. You keep bringing up Florida as reason we need this law, but Florida isn't even one of the states Section 5 applies to. All states or none, it's simple.

Don't get me wrong, I think we still need this law, but, unless we apply it to all fifty states, it's unconstitutional, plain and simple.
    Whoa, You just pointed out a huge gap in his argument! Burn!

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Ahram: Egypt jihadist leader warns of Coptic ‘triumph’
    Fox News Channel: Illinois Man Tried to Join Al-Qaeda-Linked Group, FBI Says

Huh. I guess other figures in the global jihad didn’t need to waste much time after last week’s massacres. Muhammad Al-Zawahiri – Ayman Al-Zawahiri’s brother and one of the key people in those (supposed) riots in Egypt at the same time as that attack in Benghazi – now wants to warn his fellow Sharia supremacists that the Copts could reassert themselves, assuming that he didn’t want them expelled already. He accused the Copts of benefiting more than the majority of Muslims still in Egypt and called for customary committees to resolve any conflicts under Sharia’s provisions. Recruitment for the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant and other groups within Al-Qaeda could be the point of his call for a truce, and the Zawahiri brothers would have to welcome any expansion in the Sunni-Shiite fault line, among other sacred struggles. The arrest for Ahmad Tounisi happened at O’Hare International Airport this past Friday, right in the middle of that manhunt for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, as part of an Internet sting conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, which could nullify any efforts to suppress the jihad-oriented motives of these terrorist wannabes. Tounisi planned to fly from Chicago to Istanbul, where he would travel to meet with a purported recruiter for the ISIL in Syria, and he had regular Internet searches for “martyrdom operations” and “Terrorist Act 2000” to bolster his research into his future comrades’ activities. There was a different terror plot in progress last year that Tounisi sought to join, but he ended up backing off because he figured that the main contact there was actually an informant for the FBI. Congress might safely have the rest of this month under its own schedule after those bombings in Boston.:

Hill Global Affairs: Julian Pecquet: GOP Benghazi report blames Clinton
    Christian Post: Anugrah Kumar: World Vision Launches $500 Million ‘Rescue Mission’ Initiative to Fill Gap of Foreign Aid Cuts

The preliminary findings about Benghazi are quite interesting to look through, pointing to some ominous conclusions about the course of the next four years in North Africa and the Middle East. The State Department circulated a memo recommending that American personnel remain in Benghazi and other key locations in Libya to help facilitate the transition to a democratic system, which President Muhammad Magarief and his advisors could safely back. Five was the minimum number of agents necessary to maintain security at the facility, but Ambassador Chris Stevens ended up stuck with fewer than that on a regular basis throughout 2012. It was Hillary Clinton who signed off on a planned reduction of security assets last April, despite concerns expressed by multiple employees, included one who remarked that this looked more like an intentional reassessment “to bring the numbers lower”. Stevens continued to make requests for additional diplomatic security with elections coming up in Libya in July and August, but State Department officials cited additional commitments for being unable to support the request. The situation thus progressed until it brought Stevens and his associates to their grisly end on September 11. As it happened, the Defense Department did not provide sufficient units to reinforce the defenses, either, and our intelligence operatives continued to collect information about the threat(s) churning within Benghazi. The State Department instantly recognized the act of terror perpetrated by Ansar Al-Sharia, Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, and those other jihad groups converging on the facility and sent out alerts that didn’t mention protests at the same time. Officials intentionally removed any references to those groups in the talking points to be prepared for and used by Susan Rice, leading to those now-infamous claims that Innocence of Muslims provoked the attacks. The Central Intelligence Agency’s initial drafts to other agencies included references to social media encouragement of jihadists to attack our embassy in Cairo, indications of participation by “Islamic extremists” in the Benghazi attack, and info about assessments of the threat posed by those aforementioned terror groups. E-mails exchanged among the officials in this group were more focused on leaving these threat assessments and details about the widening availability of weapons after Muammar Gaddafi’s downfall out of the final talking points. One guesses that as the Salafis and the Muslim Brotherhood end up fighting over whatever’s left of North Africa, other non-Muslims in the United States will want to step up and highlight the plight of their brethren caught in any crossfire. Already, a group calling itself World Vision wants to raise $500 million to help 10 million impoverished children get to safe water and health supplies as the Obama administration proceeds with those sequestration cuts to, among other sectors, foreign aid. It wants to focus on clean water, communicable diseases like malaria, child protection, and partnerships with local churches, but cuts to foreign aid risk not just disrupting the progress, but preventing the groups involved from securing seed money to build these projects in the first place. One imagines that time is running out for these and other worldwide development projects, given the turbulence churning across the Arabian Peninsula.:

Washington Institute: Simon Henderon: Changing the Guard at the Saudi Defense Ministry
    Daily Caller: Patrick Howley: Bombing suspect’s mosque hosted author who criticized US, UK for ‘war against Islam’

The House of Saud has a new man positioned at the Ministry of Defense, one Fahd bin Abdullah Al-Saud, replacing Khalid bin Sultan, who “reaped unseemly personal financial gain” and fared poorly in attempting to support Yemen during a rebellion a few years ago. Salman bin Abdul-Aziz Al-Saud is now suffering dementia, so Fahd bin Abdullah’s appointment is being cast as a setback for a faction known as the Sudairi, which doubtlessly wants to jockey with Abdullah bin Abdul-Aziz and his allies within Saudi Arabia’s elite. They might have to know just how many mosques they funded as nerve centers for Wahhabi, or Salafi, operations worldwide, endangering the rest of us. Quite invariably, the activities of the Islamic Society of Boston – the mosque managed by the Muslim Brotherhood’s branch in this country – will come to light, such as this lecture. The mosque itself was closed “until further notice” on recommendations from Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, after that lecture a little over two weeks ago, in which one Victoria Brittain recounts her stay with terror-linked families, who apparently found themselves cut off in the middle of a broader war against Islam itself. British and American security teams worked together after July 7, 2005, but in general, Muslims isolated themselves from the general public. For my part, I couldn’t resist letting out a chuckle when this journalist made a reference to 24, which popped up more than a few times throughout the manhunt for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. The tone in her words suggests to me that she senses that the collapse of civilizations has passed a point of no return, leaving smaller cultures, or tribes, exposed to the maelstrom of modernization without any hope of survival or even escape, a sense which her countless accusations – which I’m guessing are echoed by Muslims scattered throughout every country in Western Christendom – reflect. As Boston and Chechnya face the coming months and years, that perception could become eerily prophetic.:

Foreign Policy: J.M. Berger: Boston’s Jihadist Past
    Foreign Policy: Oliver Bullough: The Roots of Chechen Rage

Talk about hiding in plain sight. The jihadists in Chechnya wanted a support network designed to provide money and fighters from inside this country, and their allies chose 510 Commonwealth Avenue in Boston as the main site. Al-Kifah was the name of the charity set up to this end, and it got its start fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan. As the 1990s proceeded, this charity turned against us, demonstrated by the first attack against the World Trade Center in 1993 and a subsequent attempt to blow up the Lincoln and Holland Tunnels, which the Federal Bureau of Investigation stopped. The remaining operatives attempted to escape the ensuing dragnet and redirect their work toward the Balkans and Chechnya. Al-Kifah changed its name to Care International and received a tax exemption, keeping a low profile until September 11, 2001. It launched dinner speeches and events at local mosques and Boston University, among other key academic stomping grounds, and eventually used e-mail blasts and websites to spread its message… to no avail. As it turns out, few, if any, local Muslims expressed much interest in Chechnya, and Care International’s leadership attempted to downplay any prominent speakers and devise other characterizations for their overseas trips. Eventually, though, one Mohammed Zaki got through from his home in San Diego, on the other side of the country. The leaders of the charity tried to convince him to incite the masses with his speeches, recounting his experiences fighting Russian forces. On the other hand, one man inspired to join was Aukai Collins, who told law enforcement agents of “attacks on civilians under the pretext of jihad”, leaving dozens of other Americans to contribute as they would. The recruiter eventually got his wish for martyrdom for the sake of Allah during a discussion of the Koran shelled by Russian military units. The main recruitment tool was a newsletter that extolled efforts on Islam’s bloody borders, from the Balkans to Algeria, but failed to incite support for a Sharia revolt in Saudi Arabia. It also included a profile of Shamil Basayev, the mastermind of the grisly massacre at Beslan, after learning of his specific terror tactics even before that massacre. Individuals donated anywhere from $10 to $50, and Care International funneled that money to two charities based in Chicago – charities shut down by then–Attorney General John Ashcroft in the wake of those airplane jihad attacks – where it traveled to front groups in Bosnia and Chechnya, amounting to hundreds of thousands of dollars destroyed in service of a dying culture. The Chechens have made their home in the Caucasus Mountains for as long as they can remember, but while they regularly turned their attention south to watch the burgeoning empires there, from Alexander the Great to the Byzantines, they never saw much need to worry about disruptions to their culture of robbery and trade until the Russians arrived. The Russians fought and subdued the other ethnic groups scattered across the region before arriving at the Chechens’ doorstep. They heard of a preacher in a village known as Aldy and destroyed it, but said preacher ambushed the army, killing about 3,000 Russians. His resistance didn’t last, and he eventually died of tuberculosis. Incredibly, even the Chechens’ last major leader, one Imam Shamil, grew exasperated with their lack of governability, telling his Russian prison guard that the only way to deal with them was to “shoot them to the last man”. The Soviets – under Josef Stalin, no less – offered to integrate the Chechens into their Marxian empire, but the Chechens never intended to live as full citizens of the motherland. By 1944, Stalin had had enough, and he ordered the Chechens’ expulsion. Five decades later, it was Boris Yeltsin’s turn to suffer humiliation in an attempt to boost his own popularity, but without the Russians breathing down their necks, the Chechens broke down into fights between Islamists, or Sharia supremacists, criminal gangs, and ordinary people who wanted to get on with what many in this country might consider a semblance of everyday life. Now-President Vladimir Putin made the decision to flatten Grozny altogether and drive the Chechen insurgents out of hiding, and I have a feeling that that’s the point at which the Chechens maneuvered themselves into self-annihilation, as a siege at the Dubrovka Theater in 2002, that aforementioned massacre in Beslan, and numerous other attacks against trains, buses, and planes out of Moscow would demonstrate. Even now, these terror tactics have spread out across this planet, even the northernmost portion of North America itself.:

Canadian Broadcasting Corporation News: Via terror plot suspect tracked by RCMP for a year
    Fox News Channel: Before Boston, Warning Signs Chechen Extremists were Plotting Beyond Russia

The headline was remarkable when I saw it earlier this week, and we’ll owe some gratitude to Canada’s government officials for this catch. Chiheb Esseghaier and Raed Jaser were planning to bomb a train heading from Toronto to New York City, and they received guidance from a group of leading Al-Qaeda terrorists based in… Iran. To be sure, they didn’t want to do this imminently, but the operation to catch them, announced by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, caught the attention of America’s intelligence apparatus, as well. We urged the Canadians to hold off on any arrests because we wanted to see if any other people were involved, but according to the investigators, the bombings at the Boston Marathon changed everything. The two men had been on the RCMP’s radar since May 2012, with the surveillance escalating after a tip about some men who were examining railways in Ontario. Someone among Canada’s Muslims sounded the alert, according to the RCMP, and the plot evoked memories of a bigger bust several years ago, with targets ranging from Parliament Hill’s Peace Tower to the Toronto Stock Exchange to Prime Minister Stephen Harper himself. As for other Chechen jihadists, their attempted attacks have surfaced in Belgium, Spain, Denmark, and the Czech Republic – which sadly got mistaken for Chechnya more than a few times – most likely with direction from different clerics. The Caucasus Emirate’s bloody tentacles can only branch out with time, but there might be some darker reverberations from an unexpected source.:

Chosun Ilbo: N. Korea Vanishes from Global Front Pages
    Washington Post WorldViews: Max Fisher: North Korea’s official response to Boston bombing cites conspiracy site World Net Daily

Leave it to Workers’ Party of Korea First Secretary Kim Jong-Un to turn a terror attack during a charity run into a round of propaganda accusing the United States of inciting support for a gradual invasion, and to think that this may have been all that he needed to do after everything he and the Korean People’s Army were up to throughout the first half of this month. Perhaps Hezbollah and the Tamil Tigers would have several arsenals of weapons archived for the broader struggle against the freedom agenda. Officials working for South Korean President Park Geun-Hye sounded bemused at the regime’s belligerence literally leading up to the Boston bombings, but had we uncovered a money trail leading directly to a Korean People’s Army team, well, we wouldn’t have had to guess how quickly East Asia would spiral. At this point, I’m fairly certain that the North Koreans could try anything – even a nuclear detonation – to “recapture the world’s attention”, read accelerate World War Three. Kim himself accused the Obama administration of working with the website in question to place the country back on the list of state sponsors of terrorism, after the George Walker Bush administration removed it five years ago, which could say quite a bit about Kim’s typical mindset. Other high-ranking commanders could start biting their nails depending on what they hear from their contacts farther west.:

Reuters: China calls Japan-U.S. island drill “provocative”
    Reuters: “Terrorist” axe, knife, and arson attack kills 21 in China’s Xinjiang

If Chinese President Xi Jinping and his clique within the People’s Liberation Army ever get the idea to escalate Unit 61398’s cyberwarfare capabilities against the rest of Islam, then I’ll mark the Uighurs as one of the likeliest catalysts for any such collision. I’ll be just as willing to mark April as another stepping stone for the collision and disintegration of President Barack Obama’s second-term foreign and domestic policy positions, and we still have eight more months to go before 2014. Japan and the United States have an upcoming drill off California that involves recapturing an isolated island, which got China’s attention to the point that it cited the Senkakus. Eruptions involving the Chechens and the Uighurs the Chinese Communist Party probably won’t welcome, either, considering how quickly Al-Qaeda could join its main group there, known as the East Turkestan Islamic Movement, in calling for a new jihad. This new attack included axes and knives and started with a tip about suspicious activities. The three workers patrolling the house discovered an unknown number of knives, tried to call for help, and found themselves staring down about 14 Uighurs who proceeded to kill them. Six police officers and several other workers raced toward the house, starting a battle that ended when the gang members burned the entire house to the ground. Whoever’s organizing that past halal outreach may have just seen it go up in smoke, leaving the Sharia sheikhdoms – and the Muslim Brotherhood – with ever-dwindling options for their traditional tribalism and making this month exceptionally turbulent for the Obama administration and Congress alike.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 24th April 2013 at 9:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    And it's the government job to help those affected by the disaster. It's also partially the government's fault, as this plant hasn't been inspected since the eighties.
    I'm actually agreeing with Lutz and ldsman on something for once, unless the relief bill is pork-loaded, this isn't hypocrisy
    I'm not saying we shouldn't give aid to the people over there as I'm actually for it. But, let's not give a dime to the company that allowed it to happen due to deregulation and that the plant carried more ammonium nitrate than it should legally. Ammoniums nitrate was used in the Oklahoma City Bombing back then.

On an unrelated note, Lindsey Graham, who's fighting in Congress to protect the Second Amendment, suggests ignoring the Fifth Amendment
    It's for freedom of course but not for Muslim Americans apparently...

It's for freedom of course but not for Muslim Americans apparently...
    There is nothing specific about being Muslim. The guy is a terrorist and could have planted bombs elsewhere or have been part of a active cell. As long as the FBI and CIA are NOT gathering intelligence to use against him in court there is no conflict of the Fifth Amendment.

I'm not saying we shouldn't give aid to the people over there as I'm actually for it. But, let's not give a dime to the company that allowed it to happen due to deregulation and that the plant carried more ammonium nitrate than it should legally. Ammoniums nitrate was used in the Oklahoma City Bombing back then.
    They still don't know what happened, so saying they "allowed it to happen" is rather harsh. It wasn't actually illegal for them to have that much. Depending on the article, they may have been required to report to DHS for oversight issues. Most of the articles aren't telling people that the plant has undergone inspections, just not full inspections by OSHA.

Fox News Channel: Obama Administration Officials Threatened Whistleblowers on Benghazi, Lawyer Says

Hmm… Big Bird, binders of women, bayonets, Benghazi, solar bankruptcy, blasphemy laws, and most recently, bloodshed in Boston. Whatever President Barack Obama, now-former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, now-current Central Intelligence Agency director John Brennan, and General Martin Dempsey ended up doing after that Benghazi attack must’ve stirred up quite a hornets’ nest within their bureaucracy, if it even needed stirring. Victoria Toensing, once an attorney for the Justice Department, consulted with an unnamed State Department employee who “has pertinent information” about the timelines before, during, and after that attack but is now disclosing reports of threats against other officials’ careers. As the Muslim Brotherhood’s Sharia structure in Egypt crumbles, it’ll take those bureaucrats’ illusions, the main points of their careers, with it, leaving the Salafis, the Islamic Liberation Party, and Al-Qaeda’s operatives throughout Africa to destroy whatever’s left in that region – and said bureaucrats to keep to themselves and thus bitterly and vehemently prolong the destabilization as much as they can, whether in the intelligence or military components of this country’s government apparatus.:

Middle East Forum: Middle East Quarterly: David Rusin: Denying Islam’s Role in Terror: Problems in the U.S. Military
    George Washington University: William Burr: China May Have Helped Pakistan Nuclear Weapons Design, Newly Declassified Intelligence Indicates

What a mess, especially given what other military commanders have been pondering. Stephen Coughlin, Matthew Dooley, and Jerry Boykin each pointed to Islam’s war doctrines, but the reaction among some government officials at the times that those three separate officers surfaced left me scratching my temple. The Federal Bureau of Investigation underwent a comprehensive review for its documents to remove any references to Sharia doctrines after a series of articles by one Spencer Ackerman, in which various government agencies had access to materials, including PowerPoint slides, encouraging debate about a model to counter Islam’s sacred struggle, but not to the point of constituting official policies, and for all intents and purposes, this removal came to my mind in the days following those bombings at the Boston Marathon. For my part, I figured that if Islam really was as totalitarian as two of those aforementioned officers said it was, then it would be a matter of time before ordinary Muslims did something so absurdly heinous against anyone they saw as criticizing their belief system that even I would feel compelled to shed any sympathy I might have once had. If Grover Norquist and others wanted to reach out to these various groups, then perhaps it was already too late for the Islamic Society of North America, the Assembly of Muslim Jurists of America, the Muslim American Society, and their ilk, anyway, just as it will be too late for Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, the Taliban, and the Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate in Pakistan, the Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party in Malaysia, and the Prosperous Justice Party in Indonesia. The records recently declassified by the Central Intelligence Agency for George Washington University’s archives are most astounding to read, and if other special teams inside the People’s Liberation Army were able to monitor any other nuclear components and materials scattered worldwide, then President Xi Jinping and his cronies should have more than enough information to keep themselves busy. A memorandum circulated among CIA political analysts that Chinese technicians were on record as engaging in “mutually beneficial cooperation” over nuclear technology, including weapons delivery systems and test preparations, in response to a nuclear test by India in May 1974. The most likely motives for the PLA in such cooperation included joint studies for its own nuclear technology, and thus do quite a few designs for intercontinental ballistic missiles sit in some archive somewhere in Beijing, no doubt. As it happens, China escalated its nuclear exports in 1981, increasing the “likelihood of nuclear proliferation” to some seriously bad people, despite efforts to negotiate with other countries, in reference to the so-called international community. Chinese nationalism remained rooted even at that period of time, presumably extending into that nuclear program. Qatari Emir Hamad Al-Thani might have some additional monetary reserves to send if he wants to carry the rest of the Muslim Brotherhood’s global network beyond the Sunni-Shiite fault line, and thus will the chaos spill further into the Indian Ocean.:

Star Online (Kuala Lumpur): GE13: PAS grassroots leaders all for Islamic state
    Dallas Morning News: Former presidents offer bipartisan salute as Bush Center is dedicated

For all that Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak did to fight the Royal Army of Sulu, it would appear that other factions there have concluded that he hasn’t been Sharia-friendly enough. The aforementioned Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party wants regulations about apostasy and banditry, among other things, but others have cautioned against anything that could scare investors into backing off altogether. Certain grassroots leaders in this party intend to implement it at their respective levels should they gain sufficient margins for victory during this general election over there, and as one might expect, it got its ideas straight from the Muslim Brotherhood. Ironically, Malaysia was responsible for supporting those insurgents in Mindanao all of about four decades ago, with the expressed goal of undermining my birth country’s claim, but the tribes of Sabah now have a grudge against both countries. The Moro National Liberation Front trained there for its incursion against President Benigno Aquino III and his predecessors, but since it got itself locked out of the negotiations over Mindanao, Malaysia now looks less impartial to those other tribes dotting the islands there. Any Muslim Brotherhood operatives still there will have missed the Guidance Office’s coordination by about several months, in my estimation, which I guess can only leave both Malaysia and Indonesia ever closer to destabilization. Our pivot to East Asia could look even more interesting now that this new think tank is operational up in Dallas, at least from my home city, and the legacy in question will be, if nothing else, consequential. I remember the dedication ceremony as it happened, and the memories echo to me even now. To think that with all this, the freedom agenda might not be finished with the Arabian Peninsula just yet.:

Foreign Policy: Christopher Davidson: Why the Sheikhs Will Fall

From Kuwaiti Emir Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah down to United Arab Emirates President Khalifa bin Zayed Al-Nahyan – who, last I checked, was preparing to visit Great Britain – the Sharia sheikhdoms must and will be stuck as everything they once believed in crumbles to dust around them. An opposition figure in the first country was released on bail last week, prompting thousands of Kuwaitis to march in the streets in solidarity, with sporadic clashes with security teams. Everything that’s been happening in the past several months was enough to convince the analyst behind that article that traditional monarchy as a governmental concept was nearing the end of its lifespan in the Arabian Peninsula. The International Monetary Fund warns that these sheikhdoms will start running budget deficits soon enough, and Twitter and YouTube have skyrocketed in prominence for massive online discourse, leading certain factions within those ruling families to urge legislation cracking down on cyberspace. Incredibly, even predominantly Sunni provinces in Saudi Arabia have been seeing protests, so that both the Houses of Saud and Thani will look nervous. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near the Organization for Islamic Cooperation’s headquarters once these implosions start inching ever closer to Islam’s most sacred sites, and should the Salafis get the idea to turn this to their advantage, well, we won’t have to guess as to its acceleration. The creativity flowing inside North America should prove far more amusing, by contrast.:

Washington Post: For ‘professional princesses’, birthday party gigs are big business

Maybe we should contact Nicole Oliver, Tabitha St. Germain, Tara Strong, or all three for determining how to handle this, then get Hasbro to coordinate any efforts to this effect. “A modern princess-industrial complex” has emerged in Washington, D.C., but apparently, Disney is the main force in the perceptions of these new entrepreneurs. The comments were enough to make me chuckle, and the references could leave some scratching my heads. If it’s any help, the annual salary disclosed here is $40,000, and my mind is safely abuzz. I can only wonder what President Barack Obama and House Speaker John Boehner would opine if this trend reached all the way to their separate buildings.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 30th April 2013 at 7:03 AM.

There is nothing specific about being Muslim. The guy is a terrorist and could have planted bombs elsewhere or have been part of a active cell. As long as the FBI and CIA are NOT gathering intelligence to use against him in court there is no conflict of the Fifth Amendment.
    But still, that doesn't stop right wingers from talking about basically violating all but the 2nd amendment concerning Dzhokar, cutting off visas for Muslim students entering the nation, or Louie Gohmert saying there is Muslim Brotherhood influence in the Obama Administration.

But still, that doesn't stop right wingers from talking about basically violating all but the 2nd amendment concerning Dzhokar,
    If they are not gathering information for a trial and focusing on a clear and present danger, again there is no fifth amendment violation, I do not know how many times I have to go over it. So saying they are "violating all but the 2nd amendment" would be incorrect.

cutting off visas for Muslim students entering the nation,
    This argument was made by a Liberal Former Democrat Strategist.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...m-proposition/

or Louie Gohmert saying there is Muslim Brotherhood influence in the Obama Administration.
    And? The Obama Administration covers 1,000s of people, I am sure members in it have been influenced or believe in many other Governments. Wasn't it Democrats just a few months ago saying it was no big deal when Chuck Hagel talked about the "Jewish Lobby" having influence over the U.S. Government?
    Last edited by BigLutz; 4th May 2013 at 12:15 AM.

Page 22 of 140 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast