Page 12 of 140 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics: THANKS OBAMA

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    I know, I was just trying to get a reaction from him. And yeah I have read that mccain would support a filibuster after I posted.
    Obviously <_<

Anyways, Lutz beat me to what I was going to say. I do not think Hagel is the right choice for the job, no matter his party. Same goes with anything. If I thought Obama was the best choice, I would have voted for him. I am registered as a republican, but I vote with what I think America's best interests are.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by miles0624 View Post
    Yup, and like I said I agree with that. I was just talking about the debt currently. It is a wonder people would elect obama with all this knowledge. But yeah, I was addressing about the current debt. Future debt you are correct. However, according to Asia's top financial advisor, It will take ten years still adding 1.4 trillion for China to officially be a threat to the United States. If you have NPR, you can hear him talking about it now.

Edit: Just saw your question Big. The only thing currently stopping them is that it would also hurt their countries. When we can't borrow money from them, then we can't but their goods, we can't but their debt (we buy it at a much lower level than they buy our, but it still holds we are buying theirs) and would cause us to go bankrupt. What they are trying to do is wait us out until they have enough where bankruptcy won't matter. As you know, even after bankruptcy we will still owe them the money unless they forgive our debt. However, at the current level, we would also force them into bankruptcy, which is why they are actually forced to keep buying our debt. (Also why he is saying ten years for China.)
    At least we agree on something...

I think most people's problem, at least mine, is that the potential for a huge debt problem is much closer than in the past and there is no need for it.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Well what do you know? McCain reveals the REAL reason why he voted against Hagel being Secretary of Defense on Fox News.

But to be honest with you, Neil, it goes back to there’s a lot of ill will towards Senator Hagel because when he was a Republican, he attacked President Bush mercilessly and say he was the worst President since Herbert Hoover and said the surge was the worst blunder since the Vietnam War, which was nonsense. He was anti-his own party and people — people don’t forget that. You can disagree but if you’re disagreeable, then people don’t forget that.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...p_ref=politics

Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    Is this really what you think passes for political discussion? Are you even thinking about what you post? Dude, it's water.
    It's a joke. Geez...
    Last edited by Silver Soul; 15th February 2013 at 9:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    Well what do you know? McCain reveals the REAL reason why he voted against Hagel being Secretary of Defense on Fox News.

It's a joke. Geez...
    Democrats would say the same thing if one of their own said something like that and you know it.

So you are mad at McCain for voting against the next possible Secretary of Defense that disagreed with his entire party on defense issues in a horrible and rude way?.....

Edit: Not to mention

"and said the surge was the worst blunder since the Vietnam War,"

Shows a level of stupidity that should keep him away from any position that contains the word "Defense"
    Last edited by BigLutz; 15th February 2013 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Democrats would say the same thing if one of their own said something like that and you know it.
    So basically, you are okay with Republicans putting petty grudges ahead over national security? How patriotic...

So basically, you are okay with Republicans putting petty grudges ahead over national security? How patriotic...
    If it keeps Hagel out, it would be considered a benefit to our national security.

By the way note he never said he was okay with it, just that the Democrats would do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    If it keeps Hagel out, it would be considered a benefit to our national security.

By the way note he never said he was okay with it, just that the Democrats would do the same thing.
    I'm okay with it for that reason. Hagel is not a good choice. I'd say that no matter his party.
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 15th February 2013 at 11:34 PM.

I'm gonna have to stop you there. A benefit to national security? You mean kissing Israel's butt by putting it first over America?

I'm gonna have to stop you there. A benefit to national security? You mean kissing Israel's butt by putting it first over America?
    You know americans,

Israel> the USA > rest of the world
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

When on earth has that been done?

This is a man who thinks that Hamas should be negotiated with ffs.

You know americans,

Israel> the USA > rest of the world
    Rubbish.

That statement is xenophobic.
    Last edited by Snorunt conservationist; 16th February 2013 at 12:52 PM.

No I am talking about having a Secretary of Defense who isn't a Anti Semite, I am talking about having a Secretary of Defense who does not have to have "On the job training", I am talking about having a Secretary of Defense who is not cheered in the halls of Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post

Rubbish.

That statement is xenophobic.
    Not Xenophobic, stereotypical.

Not Xenophobic, stereotypical.
    Thing is Americans support Israel, like they support MADD, we like mothers and hate drunk driving. With Israel we like the Jewish nation and hate terrorism.

No I am talking about having a Secretary of Defense who isn't a Anti Semite, I am talking about having a Secretary of Defense who does not have to have "On the job training", I am talking about having a Secretary of Defense who is not cheered in the halls of Iran.
    I hate to say it, but the more I look these politicians, the more I think that maybe it'd be better if we could just fire them all and start over.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Elliot View Post
    The separation of church and state is why we don't have a national religion, yet there are amendments posted on court houses, our money is printed with In God We Trust, we (or we used to when I was in school) pledge allegiance to one nation under god, we have congressional amendments and bills introduced which are based in religion/religious views, we have corporate churches allowed to act as individuals and contribute to political campaigns.
    This is because people are still stuck in the 'OMFG stop the spread of "godless communism"!!!!!' People still use what you mentioned to justify their backward chaotic views, and it's unbelievably stupid(no offense, but seriously).

It's stuff like this which makes many atheists/agnostics dislike America.

Obama should really make an attempt to do something about this loud idiotic minority in America. It would really help to unify the nation a bit more so actual actions can be taken to fix the economy, education, etc.
    Last edited by irock245; 17th February 2013 at 12:51 AM.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    Obama should really make an attempt to do something about this loud idiotic minority in America. It would really help to unify the nation a bit more so actual actions can be taken to fix the economy, education, etc.
    What are you suggesting here exactly? If you are hoping that Obama will directly attack religion, then I would support it. It would get Obama impeached and out of office faster.
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 17th February 2013 at 3:35 AM.

yeah, there's no way any world leader would tell any religious organisation to shut up, it'd be political suicide. i would argue that the vocal atheists are just as bad as the vocal religious groups personally, they're just as arrogant and intolerant.
    life is
    a game

Crap, was I implying that Obama should try to get rid of religion entirely? That wasn't my goal at all. If Obama could somehow calm down everybody who yells out their views to the world, it would help America in the long run. It's true that people from both sides have catered to the people in America who loudly publicize their views, and it just so happens that many of these people are religious(not surprisingly, America is the most religious of all the developed countries). I don't want Obama to make an attack on religion, because for every loud idiotic person spewing their views out into politics there are a lot of good well-meaning people who keep quiet.

But still, something should be done for those guys who go out and make posters like this. These kinds of people were the ones I was talking about the entire time, btw. I'm not sure how we would get them to stop without doing something illegal, though. Maybe try to get Congress and other politicians to ignore these guys?
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

the people in the image you linked are the Westboro Baptist Church, and they are literally a brainwashing cult. i don't think you can even put them in the same league as mainstream religions, it's a shame nothing can really be done about them (what with the constitutional right to free speech, and pretty much everyone in the church having a career in law)
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    the people in the image you linked are the Westboro Baptist Church, and they are literally a brainwashing cult. i don't think you can even put them in the same league as mainstream religions, it's a shame nothing can really be done about them (what with the constitutional right to free speech, and pretty much everyone in the church having a career in law)
    They can be classified as a hate group.

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    Crap, was I implying that Obama should try to get rid of religion entirely? That wasn't my goal at all. If Obama could somehow calm down everybody who yells out their views to the world, it would help America in the long run. It's true that people from both sides have catered to the people in America who loudly publicize their views, and it just so happens that many of these people are religious(not surprisingly, America is the most religious of all the developed countries). I don't want Obama to make an attack on religion, because for every loud idiotic person spewing their views out into politics there are a lot of good well-meaning people who keep quiet.

But still, something should be done for those guys who go out and make posters like this. These kinds of people were the ones I was talking about the entire time, btw. I'm not sure how we would get them to stop without doing something illegal, though. Maybe try to get Congress and other politicians to ignore these guys?
    Good lord. That is a minority of religious people. I myself am an evangelical christian, which mean I do share my views openly and try to spread my faith. But I do it in a kind way. I do not force it on people like the sign carrying "Christians."

Now even though those people are giving Christians and religion a bad name, you still can't do anything about them imo.

I wanted to add a few things here:

First, irock245, your post did sound at least somewhat like a loudly-expressed counter to loudly-expressed religious views. That was why it gave the wrong impression. I do believe you are correct that if people from all camps calmed down that would help a lot of things. However, I don't think it is easy enough for someone to do something to calm others down. Even some liberal Christians are very vocal and intolerant in demonizing the sort of conservative Christianity to which I adhere.

Second, moot, I agree that Westboro Baptist is basically a brainwashing cult. I've heard of some mainstream denominations with an anti-Semitic streak, but from what I've heard, Westboro spews a positively horrifying amount of venom at Israel. It's like they don't know Jesus was Jewish. And I'm glad to hear that you believe it is possible to consider any atheists intolerant. Some of the vocal atheists on this site have argued in ways that basically define atheism as tolerant (even while cussin' people out an' ya know, fun, ironic stuff like that).

Third, 7 tyranitars, I hope you realize that would also encompass similar statements from pro-gay people. I have heard some pro-gay people on this site talking about how they hope Westboro Baptist people die in some painful way. It is really easy to get into a double standard if a law starts doing that, because in many circles, Christianity, especially of a conservative sort, is considered an acceptable target. As is Israel among many liberals. I'd suggest you go do some actual research into how the modern nation of Israel actually formed before you say anything you shouldn't.

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post

How about Senator Jim Inhofe who have said this and yet voted against Hagel?

http://www.salon.com/2013/02/14/more...gel_hypocrisy/

But in 2006, after Hamas won the Palestinian elections, Inhofe did not seem concerned. Hamas has done “some good things, even as a terrorist group,” he told the Oklahoman. He compared the group to one of the country’s largest charities, saying Hamas is like “the Salvation Army with loaded guns.”

“I would prefer that they not have won, but I don’t think it’s the end of the world,” he added.
    You mean his 2007 speech at Rutgers?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...ech-to-rutgers

In the Middle East of the 21st Century, Iran will be a key center of gravity...a significant regional power. The United States cannot change that reality. America's strategic 21st century regional policy for the Middle East must acknowledge the role of Iran today and over the next 25 years.

To acknowledge that reality in no way confuses Iran's dangerous, destabilizing and threatening behavior in the region. Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism and provides material support to Hezbollah, Hamas and other terrorist groups. Iran publicly threatens Israel and is developing the capacity to produce nuclear weapons. Iran has not helped stabilize the current chaos in Iraq and is responsible for weapons and explosives being used against U.S. and Iraqi military forces in Iraq.

Iran must be held accountable for its actions. These actions by Iran are one part of a complicated picture of a country with a three thousand year history, governed by a complex and opaque political structure, burdened by a stagnating economy, and located in a geostrategically unstable region.

Iran has cooperated with the United States on Afghanistan to help the Afghans establish a new government after the Taliban was ousted. Iran continues to invest heavily in the reconstruction of western Afghanistan.
    On Afghanistan, the United States and Iran found common interests - defeating the Taliban and Islamic radicals, stabilizing Afghanistan, stopping the opium production and the flow of opium coming into Iran. From these common interests emerged common actions working toward a common purpose. It was in the interests of Iran to work with the U.S. in Afghanistan. It was not a matter of helping America or strengthening America's presence in Central Asia. It was a clear-eyed and self-serving action for Iran.

You mean his 2007 speech at Rutgers?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...ech-to-rutgers
    I notice that you added the end part, in which he calls on the US to cooperate with Iran, but furthermore Iran has commented that they believe Hagel's nomination will improve relations with their country

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/...een-us-tehran/

But why is that?

Hagel has called Iran's government Elected and Legitimate despite the massacre of the protesting citizens and the talk that the vote was rigged

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...-andrew-stiles

He has also opposed U.S. sanctions, attacked Israel repeatedly, and opposed military attacks on Iran. It's no wonder why they love him.

Page 12 of 140 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast