Page 13 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics: THANKS OBAMA

You should never use Fox News as a source -_-

Instantly discredits anything following it, or anything said by the user who used it.
    3DS FC: 4699-5691-3223

MESSAGE ME ON SKYPE TO GET A HOLD OF ME QUICKEST
    Black 2 FC: Pid 1636 3572 7947

Quote Originally Posted by Pidjiken View Post

Instantly discredits anything following it, or anything said by the user who used it.
    You do realize that Fox News acts as a legitimate news source outside of their opinion commentary, which could be said for any news source.

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    the people in the image you linked are the Westboro Baptist Church, and they are literally a brainwashing cult. i don't think you can even put them in the same league as mainstream religions, it's a shame nothing can really be done about them (what with the constitutional right to free speech, and pretty much everyone in the church having a career in law)
    Mainstream religions are brainwashing cults, but to a lesser degree. Perhaps not even cults, despite the intent and basis in forming a group mentality whose further goal is outward proliferation.
    In the end, what America needs socially is less intolerance from all parties. Why are we split 50/50 in almost every issue? Polarization, of course. Where does intolerance derive its roots? The aforementioned polarization, primarily. Then you have the WBC, an extreme example of intolerance that doesn't deserve to be compared to mainstream religions when considering its general damage to society. The nature is similar, but not the social outcome.
    Still, what can our president do about intolerance and polarized Americans? Not much, I'de think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pidjiken View Post

Then the democrats here cannot use CNN or their left wing news sources

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    You do realize that Fox News acts as a legitimate news source outside of their opinion commentary, which could be said for any news source.
    You wouldn't have to suggest that for any other news source, because they don't mix their news and their opinion so readily. Fox has trouble distinguishing its punditry and its news, leading to biased and often false reporting.
    Not that other news sources don't lean left, of course. MSNBC deserves special mention.

Quote Originally Posted by The Federation View Post
    You wouldn't have to suggest that for any other news source, because they don't mix their news and their opinion so readily. Fox has trouble distinguishing its punditry and its news, leading to biased and often false reporting.
    Not that other news sources don't lean left, of course. MSNBC deserves special mention.
    REALLY? No other source mixers Opinion and News? Not MSNBC? Not the New York Times who's own members have admitted that the paper leans incredibly left? Not CBS who's opinions of George W Bush led them to put falsified documents on the air in a attempt to discredit him?

REALLY? No other source mixers Opinion and News? Not MSNBC? Not the New York Times who's own members have admitted that the paper leans incredibly left? Not CBS who's opinions of George W Bush led them to put falsified documents on the air in a attempt to discredit him?
    He specifically said MSNBC does thaat
    Pokemon isn't real, I'm sorry

REALLY? No other source mixers Opinion and News?
    Don't try to misconstrue what I said. My exact words were "they don't mix their news and opinion so readily".
    Fox tries to act as if their program is completely unbiased and fair. The entirity of it. Don't try to tell me that you think even O'Reilly's and Hannity's punditry portions are fair, balanced, or unbiased.

Don't try to misconstrue what I said. My exact words were "they don't mix their news and opinion so readily".
    Fox tries to act as if their program is completely unbiased and fair. The entirity of it. Don't try to tell me that you think even O'Reilly's and Hannity's punditry portions are fair, balanced, or unbiased.
    Nor have I suggested so, now it is time for you to read my exact words "Fox News acts as a legitimate news source outside of their opinion commentary"

If you wish to take O'Reilly and Hannity as news pundents and not opinion commentators then we also have to look at MSNBC which does it with practically their whole line up. CNN that does it atleast with Piers Morgan, the list goes on and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    He specifically said MSNBC does thaat
    No, he said no other news source leans left wing, which is utterly ignorant of many of the news sources in our country. He did not say MSNBC also mixed opinion and news.

No, he said no other news source leans left wing, which is utterly ignorant of many of the news sources in our country. He did not say MSNBC also mixed opinion and news.
    Biglutz, I know you're a brick wall and refuse to acknowledge a lot of stuff, but this post was only a few sentences wrong, how could you miss this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Biglutz, I know you're a brick wall and refuse to acknowledge a lot of stuff, but this post was only a few sentences wrong, how could you miss this?
    My mistake on that, but my overall point stands is that he was not speaking of MSNBC mixing opinion and news.

Nor have I suggested so, now it is time for you to read my exact words "Fox News acts as a legitimate news source outside of their opinion commentary"
    If you wish to take O'Reilly and Hannity as news pundents and not opinion commentators then we also have to look at MSNBC which does it with practically their whole line up. CNN that does it atleast with Piers Morgan, the list goes on and on and on.
    My point on Fox was that they try to label all of their reporting as true and unbiased. There is very little on that channel which doesn't resemble punditry or opinional(?) imposition.

My point on Fox was that they try to label all of their reporting as true and unbiased. There is very little on that channel which doesn't resemble punditry or opinional(?) imposition.
    Okay first that would be incorrect one could point out to their midday shows that lose much of the punditry angle. Second what they label themselves is irrelevant, it is merely a marketing tactic to draw people in. The New York Times has labeled itself before and I believe now "The Newspaper of Record" that does not mean that everything they write is the record of events. It is merely a marketing angle, and trying to use that as somehow saying that they are different from others in terms of their opinions is just utterly false.
    Last edited by BigLutz; 18th February 2013 at 3:07 AM.

In the end, my point was simple: Fox news uses its "Fair and Balanced" angle on all of its shows, then fails to differentiate between what is punditry and what is news.
    Not only this, though. Their day to day news on, say, current events generally have tie-ins with some political agenda. It's worse when they interview political candidates, report on Occupy, talk about anything vaguely Church related, specifically ACLU, or any right-wing talking point under the sun. Nobody who isn't already deluded can say with a straight face that the recent reporting on gun violence by Fox didn't heavily support the NRA and other "gun rights" organizations.

In the end, my point was simple: Fox news uses its "Fair and Balanced" angle on all of its shows, then fails to differentiate between what is punditry and what is news.
    Not only this, though. Their day to day news on, say, current events generally have tie-ins with some political agenda. It's worse when they interview political candidates, report on Occupy, talk about anything vaguely Church related, specifically ACLU, or any right-wing talking point under the sun. Nobody who isn't already deluded can say with a straight face that the recent reporting on gun violence by Fox didn't heavily support the NRA and other "gun rights" organizations.
    And the same could go for MSNBC and CNN, your point was that Fox mixes punditry and news unlike anyone else, that is false. What they use as a slogan does not take away from that fact.

And the same could go for MSNBC and CNN, your point was that Fox mixes punditry and news unlike anyone else, that is false. What they use as a slogan does not take away from that fact.
    My only point on the slogan is that it accentuates my original points. Fox of course mixes news and punditry unlike any other, for my original reasons and more. Look: when was the last time you saw a Democratic candidate on Fox? Even better, when was the last time you saw a Democratic candidate for any office that actually got speaking time?
    CNN doesn't act as a political idealogue nearly to the degree of MSNBC or Fox. Hell, its arguable that not even MSNBC goes as far as Fox in its "neutral" reporting.
    Right now, there isn't a more biased and partisan station on TV and the radio than Fox.

My only point on the slogan is that it accentuates my original points. Fox of course mixes news and punditry unlike any other, for my original reasons and more.
    Again wanna go through what MSNBC and the New York Times does?

Look: when was the last time you saw a Democratic candidate on Fox? Even better, when was the last time you saw a Democratic candidate for any office that actually got speaking time?
    Democratic Candidate for President? Obama went on O'Reilly as did Hillary in 2008, as past that, I do not keep up with Fox News yet I remember those as those were seen as fairly important interviews.

CNN doesn't act as a political idealogue nearly to the degree of MSNBC or Fox. Hell, its arguable that not even MSNBC goes as far as Fox in its "neutral" reporting.
    Right now, there isn't a more biased and partisan station on TV and the radio than Fox.
    I would say MSNBC actually beats Fox News in it's opinion commentary as Fox News runs some fairly news heavy shows with Bret Baier, Shepard Smith, and Gretta Van Susteren during their prime time line up which is when you get the most viewers. Baier and Smith tend to have shows that mimic Nightline and other end of the day news shows, and Gretta Van Susteren does mostly "story of the week" stories like Dateline. The only two opinionated shows during their line up at night is Hannity and O'Reilly. At the same time on MSNBC you have Chris Mathews, Al Sharpton, Chris Mathews again, Ed Schultz, and Rachel Maddow, all of which are pure opinion shows.
    Last edited by BigLutz; 18th February 2013 at 4:04 AM.

Democratic Candidate for President? Obama went on O'Reilly as did Hillary in 2008, as past that, I do not keep up with Fox News yet I remember those as those were seen as fairly important interviews.
    I actually didn't know they did these interviews, but I can pretty much gurantee than the interviewer wasn't the least bit interested in the actual responces given by either candidate. They would probably hope for some type of gaffe, or try to corner them in cross examination style interrogation.

I would say MSNBC actually beats Fox News in it's opinion commentary as Fox News runs some fairly news heavy shows with Bret Baier, Shepard Smith, and Gretta Van Susteren during their prime time line up which is when you get the most viewers. Baier and Smith tend to have shows that mimic Nightline and other end of the day news shows, and Gretta Van Susteren does mostly "story of the week" stories like Dateline. The only two opinionated shows during their line up at night is Hannity and O'Reilly. At the same time on MSNBC you have Chris Mathews, Al Sharpton, Chris Mathews again, Ed Schultz, and Rachel Maddow, all of which are pure opinion shows.
    LMAO. So, Baier, Smith, and especially Gretta are less biased than Sharpton, Matthews, and Maddow? Well, you do have me with Smith. He is, perhaps, the only respectable newscaster on the network. But Bret and Gretta? Really? They at least match Matthews and Sharpton on good days.
    Anyhoo, Maddow at the very least advertises herself as a news and opional show, which is probably less than anyone on Fox can say.

I actually didn't know they did these interviews, but I can pretty much gurantee than the interviewer wasn't the least bit interested in the actual responces given by either candidate. They would probably hope for some type of gaffe, or try to corner them in cross examination style interrogation.
    You do realize that the right actually went after O'Reilly after the Obama interview because of how soft he treated Obama correct? And even Time Magazine said it was respectful.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/ar...838954,00.html

And I am curious, do you think that Olbermann ( Who was the top person on MSNBC at the time ) could do the same with President Bush?

LMAO. So, Baier, Smith, and especially Gretta are less biased than Sharpton, Matthews, and Maddow? Well, you do have me with Smith. He is, perhaps, the only respectable newscaster on the network. But Bret and Gretta? Really? They at least match Matthews and Sharpton on good days.
    Again I am looking at the content of their shows, Bret does a largely news focused show on reporting events with very little if any commentary. Gretta does the "story of the week" show, I doubt you will see Matthews or Sharpton devoting show after show, week after week, to Cassy Anthony or standing out reporting on the cruise liner, or any other pop news of the week story. I cannot see how that kind of show even comes close to the opinionated political commentary you get from Matthews and Sharpton. By the way I am curious, can you find me a time in which Baier or Gretta has said they want to see some one die? As I can name times when Matthews has.
    Last edited by BigLutz; 18th February 2013 at 4:42 AM.

You do realize that the right actually went after O'Reilly after the Obama interview because of how soft he treated Obama correct? And even Time Magazine said it was respectful.
    And I am curious, do you think that Olbermann ( Who was the top person on MSNBC at the time ) could do the same with President Bush?
    Probably, but I don't care. My interest isn't in advocation for MSNBC. However, knowing O'Reilly's character and how he conducts business with figures he hates, not for his network, but for himself, this was likely an isolated incident. You won't see O'Reilly going around giving everyone a fair chance when he interviews them. Maybe it's a once-every-four-years kind of thing.

Again I am looking at the content of their shows, Bret does a largely news focused show on reporting events with very little if any commentary. Gretta does the "story of the week" show, I doubt you will see Matthews or Sharpton devoting show after show, week after week, to Cassy Anthony or standing out reporting on the cruise liner, or any other pop news of the week story. I cannot see how that kind of show even comes close to the opinionated political commentary you get from Matthews and Sharpton. By the way I am curious, can you find me a time in which Baier or Gretta has said they want to see some one die? As I can name times when Matthews has.
    Even if I were to consede that, of the four hosts, Fox has marginally better reporting in these specific time slots, then what? You still have the worst offenders in consideration. Your picking out technicalities, poking at the minutia. Sure, Fox has a couple shows that can actually qualify as news. I would hope so. But the fact remains, if you want unbiased reporting you shouldn't look to Foc for its one or two decent programs.
    How about Gretchen Carlson, Megyn Kelly, Steve Doocy, Brian Kilmeade, etc? I could go on, but I would have to list most of the other anchors throughout the day.
    Fox is different in the way their reports encourage Republican values and even go so far as to suggest organized opposition to the government. Remember that? I think it was beck who suggested that.
    Fox is top-down bais, while MSNBC is bottom up bias, and, while both have a largely opinionated broadcast, nobody scews the news quite like Fox.

Probably, but I don't care. My interest isn't in advocation for MSNBC. However, knowing O'Reilly's character and how he conducts business with figures he hates, not for his network, but for himself, this was likely an isolated incident. You won't see O'Reilly going around giving everyone a fair chance when he interviews them. Maybe it's a once-every-four-years kind of thing.
    He has done the same thing when interviewing Obama again before the Superbowl, maybe you do not know O'Reilly as well as you like.

Even if I were to consede that, of the four hosts, Fox has marginally better reporting in these specific time slots, then what? You still have the worst offenders in consideration. Your picking out technicalities, poking at the minutia. Sure, Fox has a couple shows that can actually qualify as news. I would hope so. But the fact remains, if you want unbiased reporting you shouldn't look to Foc for its one or two decent programs.
    How about Gretchen Carlson, Megyn Kelly, Steve Doocy, Brian Kilmeade, etc? I could go on, but I would have to list most of the other anchors throughout the day.
    Fox is different in the way their reports encourage Republican values and even go so far as to suggest organized opposition to the government. Remember that? I think it was beck who suggested that.
    Fox is top-down bais, while MSNBC is bottom up bias, and, while both have a largely opinionated broadcast, nobody scews the news quite like Fox.
    No one screws the news? How about CBS with the Bush documents? The NYT with the supposed "McCain scandal" the day after he is nominated? How about the MSNBC hosts actually advocating for the death of people, or cheering for the hurricane that killed people? And I mean my God to say that Fox News has the worst offenders in contention ignores the fact that MSNBC hired a actual truther to do one of their programs! I mean you cannot get any more radical left than that.
    Last edited by BigLutz; 18th February 2013 at 6:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    I think Obama should nuke Israel and Pakistan to teach them a lesson.
    What good will that do. They will be dead. Nuking iraq would atleast stop 700 years of conflict.

As long as we are talking about ridiculous scenarios, the only one that needs to be nuked is Iran.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    As long as we are talking about ridiculous scenarios, the only one that needs to be nuked is Iran.
    I would not be sad about that. To be honest.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Since I was infracted for not going into detail in my previous post, I'm now going to go into detail. We need to nuke Pakistan because they betrayed us by harboring bin Laden. That should be quite obvious. Israel thinks that they're so much better than everyone else because they have America protecting them when they piss off their neighbors. We should teach them a lesson in humility. Perhaps we don't have to nuke them. All we have to do is denounce them, and they'll be dead by the week's end.
    Jackpot!

I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

Page 13 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast