So not much difference than the U.S.
    according to the australian government it's $15.96 an hour

http://www.fairwork.gov.au/pay/natio...s/default.aspx
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    according to the australian government it's $15.96 an hour

http://www.fairwork.gov.au/pay/natio...s/default.aspx
    Oh I see, there is a stepping scale, which it seems Huffington Post took the mediam of that, in the U.S. the minimum wage is flat all the way across. Having a stepping scale would seem to help the youth get a job far more than those above the age of 20.

Voice of America: Suzanne Presto: Activists: Minimum Wage Boosts Would Especially Benefit Women
    Diplomat: Torrey Taussig: Women in International Politics: An Essential Element

Maybe former Secretaries of State Condoleezza Rice and Hillary Clinton, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, new South Korean President Park Geun-Hye, or even Princesses Celestia and Luna would do better than the National Women’s Law Center in figuring out the disadvantages – or obsoleteness – of this minimum wage, given America, India, and China’s separate paths regarding these technological transitions. Female activists throughout South Asia are speaking in defense of institutional reform, social justice, and economic opportunity for men and women of all ages, so that governmental and societal circles are abuzz about female empowerment. Afghan President Hamid Karzai has a country with millions of girls attending primary school, but female dropout rates are higher than male dropout rates, even without backlash from Afghan society in general and their families in particular. Burma has more progress during its transition to democratization, with over 30 women gaining seats in Burma’s legislature overall after April 2012’s parliamentary elections. Since female empowerment stands as an effect of globalization and modernity, my support for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic’s style of femaleness will and should stand as a firm point of reference… even if traditional tribalism decides to take itself and as many of its neighbors as it can out in a blaze of glory, precisely because modernity has made its livelihood(s), its reasons for existence, obsolete.:

Times of India: Pakistan middle class fixes sights on China
    Project Syndicate: Brahma Chellaney: Asia’s Dammed Water Hegemon

Sinicized Pakistanis may rally behind incoming Chinese President Xi Jinping and the General Armaments Department to vent their resentment against… United States President Barack Obama’s new preferences for dispatching combat drones to take care of various high-ranking Al-Qaeda and Taliban terrorists. Chinese universities have been offering scholarships worth thousands of dollars in a year, as opposed to the tens of thousands charged by American and British universities, among other kinds of investments by China in Pakistan. Trade between this duo of countries reached $12 billion in 2012, but there might be some hesitation should those ethnic and religious attacks escalate. Those hydropower projects won’t help perceptions in the least because the network of dams, reservoirs, and irrigation channels ends up diverting flows of water over China’s borders with its neighbors, from Kazakhstan all the way to Laos. Already, many of the 54 new dam projects scheduled by the State Council have been placed to threaten natural ecosystems in the country’s southwestern areas, along the Salween, Brahmaputra, and Mekong Rivers, quite invariably resulting in a torrent of outrage from villagers and fishermen at the Chinese Communist Party, to pile on this encirclement.:

USA Today: China urges calm as North and South Korea trade barbs
    Korea Herald: Hyundai Heavy Industries to build new submarines

It may be far too late for both Workers’ Party of Korea First Secretary Kim Jong-Un and Iranian Supreme Ayatollah Ali Khamenei after Unit 61398’s cyberattacks. The agreements stopping any aggression on the Korean Peninsula are no longer in effect, so perhaps all we have to do is wait for the first missile volleys, most likely from some Korean People’s Army bases, depending on the real strength of Kim Jong-Il’s oh-so-high-and-mighty successor. China supported the United Nations’ most recent sanctions, including prohibitions against North Korea’s financial flows and mandatory checks for nuclear- and missile-related contraband. We have military exercises with South Korea this upcoming week, and there are recommendations for us to stop all transactions with Chinese banks tied in any way to Korean People’s Army commanders. The deliveries for those new submarines couldn’t happen quickly enough if this year deteriorates, so South Korea will need everything it currently has in its arsenal. That said, some additional options could stay open for America’s other allies in East Asia.:

City Journal: Robert Bryce: Rise of the Nuclear Greens
    Oilprice.com: Jen Alic: Oil Explorers Beware: Hackers Are Eyeing What You Know

Two years after that earthquake in Japan, some, if not most or all, environmentalists are hopping aboard the nuclear energy bandwagon, including one George Monbiot, who called solar panels a “spectacular waste” of resources and time and stated that coal as a fuel was much worse than nuclear power. Indeed, the Breakthrough Institute, a new think tank focusing on environmental analysis, has experts championing nuclear energy as a more viable energy source, and former British Prime Minister Tony Blair is among those who agree. That said, this new source might be most likely to transition into the North American energy market over time because shale gas already produces natural gas at low costs. Regulators in Georgia and North Carolina managed to allow utility companies responsible for reactors in both states to recover costs incurred before project completion, so nuclear advocates appear to have more luck in Europe. China itself has projects amounting to almost 500,000 megawatts of electricity generation through coal, cheap and abundant as it has been. Worldwide coal-based energy consumption grew at nearly the same amount as consumption based on oil, natural gas, hydropower, and nuclear energy added together as a consequence, so the people behind the Breakthrough Institute are recommending small modular reactors, which can cost less, leaving the Sierra Club behind. These nuclear providers will need all the compatible cybersecurity protocols that they can find as World Web War One rumbles between the People’s Liberation Army, Al-Qaeda, and the Canadian Security Intelligence Service. Foreign hackers breached a key industrial automation company “late last year”, covering any range of information from geological data to merger negotiations. As more companies require the use of mobile devices, they’ll need additional security measures to protect their most sensitive information, as well as information related to activities involving officials in countries friendly or hostile. Congress could use a few pointers after Unit 61398’s cyberwarfare, but the current shift among both Democrats and Republicans may leave me rubbing my temple.:

Roll Call: Did McConnell Wait Too Long to #StandWithRand?
    Houston Chronicle Texas on the Potomac: Joanna Raines: Ted Cruz brings Twitterverse to Senate floor for the first time in history

Is it me, or did Senators Mitch McConnell, Rand Paul, and Ted Cruz light up the Capitol earlier this week? Apparently, those Pakistani businesspersons aren’t the only ones unhappy with our drone strikes, but this filibuster probably had different reasons in mind. Erick Erickson criticized McConnell for failing to immediately stand solidly with Paul, and I guess other libertarian activists believe that jumping on the confirmation of John Brennan for the Central Intelligence Agency will help slow down the “perpetual war” against Islamic terrorists. One wonders just how horrified said activists and senators will be if they learn of David Goldman’s analyses, and I guess there’ll be many more reactions to track on Twitter. As defense hawks collide with debt hawks over the intended course of criticism against the Obama administration’s activities, one could very well figure that one problem is in fact a symptom of something more fundamental to the United States itself, something certain groups will fight to their last dollar.:

New York Times: National Attention and Cash in Los Angeles School Vote
    Wichita Eagle: Brad Cooper: Teachers’ unions fighting restrictions on contract talks in Kansas

Amazing. Mayors Antonio Villaraigosa and Michael Bloomberg are fighting alongside charter school advocates over employment regulations in the Los Angeles Unified School District, and teachers’ unions are rallying, as well, to the tune of $4.4 million. John Deasy and Monica Garcia are seen as supporters of these reform initiatives, including seniority-based layoffs for teachers in Los Angeles. Democrats and Republicans alike might have their hands full across the country about this issue, and Kansas Governor Sam Brownback is already pushing ahead with a call to ban voluntary paycheck deductions for political purposes. School districts there are also facing money shortages, and among the likely points still up for negotiation are extracurricular work and salaries. Brownback and his allies want to give school administrators a chance to refuse to negotiate about health benefits, dress codes, contract terminations, and teaching period times and numbers, but also expand opportunities to lower education costs and meet changing needs for students. The National Education Association is the main union there, and analysts have an eye on likely political consequences, especially a widespread conclusion that teachers’ unions hurt rather than help education. Marxists and religious traditionalists might easily step up their challenges to the other side here, but if problems from a different age group are any clue, then filibusters lasting half a day could be nothing more than a blip.:

Seattle Times: Changes loom for Washington state pension system
    Chicago Tribune: Quinn blames lawmakers for inaction on pension reform

To think that the Muslim American Society, the Islamic Society of North America, and the Council on American-Islamic Relations got their start in this mess, influencing both Americans for Tax Reform founder Grover Norquist and Egyptian President Muhammad Morsi. Whether it’s Marxism or Sharia, collectivism renders its systems for taking care of the people worthless over time, and Washington and Illinois may be close to running out of ideas, money, and time at once. There’s a $31 billion gap between current and future benefits in the former, while in the latter, the retirement system for public workers needs about 20% of Illinois’ overall money to continue functioning. Bond rating agencies want adaptations in pension assets according to market value, leaving public employers in Washington with uneasy choices. One in every 14 Washingtonians has a plan ready to take effect upon retirement, in every city other than Seattle, Tacoma, Everett, and Spokane. Most of these pension plans assume a long-term return rate of 7.9% under a specified rule, but critics believe that they should be adjusted to match the value of state bonds. California’s public retirement system has a market-friendly approach, which may be among the recommendations of Illinoisan activists. Governor Pat Quinn proposed some expansions in gambling outlets, excluding loopholes for mobsters, presumably based in Chicago, but the spending plan he ended up bringing to his state’s legislature included $6 billion set aside for the yearly pension payment, up $929 million from the current budget year. Illinoisans and Californians of all ethnic groups will have front-row seats, and Democrats and Republicans should have differing policies to bring these pensions in line with the current technological transitions throughout this country. Of course, all this assumes that this country doesn’t get swamped as the turbulence worldwide overwhelms certain countries.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

The continuing abundance of Huffington Post in this thread is sickening and disappointing. When I joined we debates from reliable sources.

Oh, and if Americans honestly want jobs, then they'll take working long hours in the sun. You're excuse about it giving illegals jobs is invalid.
    Pittsburgh Steelers Rule
    ~Music is like Candy; You Just Gotta Throw Out the Rappers~
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers_Fan View Post
    The continuing abundance of Huffington Post in this thread is sickening and disappointing. When I joined we debates from reliable sources.

Oh, and if Americans honestly want jobs, then they'll take working long hours in the sun. You're excuse about it giving illegals jobs is invalid.
    Nowadays, what source actually is reliable?

Sure, I'd love a job right now, but I'm not going to settle for something minimum wage after spending tens of thousands of dollars and years of my life getting a Bachelor's and an MBA only to get the same kind of crap a high school dropout would get. Americans want quality jobs that have potential for career advancement and can provide enough income to sustain themselves and possibly a family in the future, not something that they'll still be under the poverty line even after working 60 hours a week, if not more. But the moment you expect every college grad who has studied hard to just take the bottom of the barrel crap for employment is when college looks like a horrible waste of money, time, and energy, and as a result, your number of skilled professionals and educated workforce goes down into the gutter, which sets the entire country back in terms of technological, scientific, and economic advancement.

Telling the people of America to give up on their hope and on their dreams is a terrible expectation. Because once you've established failure and lowered expectations as the norm and new culture of society, getting out of that pit is next to impossible.

But realizing when you need a job is better than sitting and doing nothing. Stop believing that a piece of paper makes one person better than another. Once we fix the bottom of the barrel, it will refill and new people will be needed at the top.
    Pittsburgh Steelers Rule
    ~Music is like Candy; You Just Gotta Throw Out the Rappers~
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’

LOL, you sure seem to understand human nature well, not many people are gonna look for a job below their level. It is just how humans are.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Oh I see, there is a stepping scale, which it seems Huffington Post took the mediam of that, in the U.S. the minimum wage is flat all the way across. Having a stepping scale would seem to help the youth get a job far more than those above the age of 20.

Aside from the Huff post links, I think it's funny that neither of you thought to point out that USD =/= AUD, and these numbers are totally meaningless without pointing out which is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipwnyou View Post
    Aside from the Huff post links, I think it's funny that neither of you thought to point out that USD =/= AUD, and these numbers are totally meaningless without pointing out which is which.
    Possibly because I did a quick check on that and found the exchange rate to be so close that it wasn't worth mentioning?

Quote Originally Posted by Ipwnyou View Post
    yeah they are practically identical (AUD is usually a couple of cents more valuable per dollar these days but it's pretty minor).
    life is
    a game

But realizing when you need a job is better than sitting and doing nothing. Stop believing that a piece of paper makes one person better than another. Once we fix the bottom of the barrel, it will refill and new people will be needed at the top.
    Hey, money is just paper too. Same thing with the stuff the Bill of Rights is written on, and the Declaration of Independence. That's the problem with thinking too literally. If you think too literally, then we're all just piles of meat and anything of perceived value simply delays the inevitable march of eventual destruction and death. No thanks, I'd rather not think like that. Try getting into a written contractual agreement with someone, breach the contract, and then tell the court that the contract is just a "piece of paper." Here on Earth, what is communicated on pieces of paper can be nothing, be a total matter of life and death, and be everything in between.

A degree signifies you have the maturity, responsibility, and drive to study a particular subject area and be successful at it. It also defines your professional background, what drives and motivates you, and what you want to do with your life. It also communicates that you have the knowledge, insight, and familiarity of the professional realm that degree is linked to.

Yes, it is a costly and time-consuming task that not everyone is cut out for. Yes, there are some that seek to do the best they can in graduate school while you have others that after flunking high school, couldn't possibly care less about their education. Still think those two people should have the same job? Think it's fair that the graduate student spent so much time and effort to obtain vast knowledge of a particular area, but should now have to waste all that on a minimum wage job that will do nothing to put that knowledge and experience to use? Is that really progress, or is that the country just flat-out giving up on one of the most important aspects of society? The moment a society starts discouraging education by not justifying and satisfying return on investment is when it starts going into the toilet by falling behind countries that do care about education. And what you're left with is a country that is behind in terms of technology, research, advancement, and cannot defend itself as well.

So our Vice President Joe Biden came out today explaining that women who are living with abuser need to look out for signs beyond your "Garden Variety Slap on the Face".

Apparently hitting women is okay for Joe Biden, women only need to watch out for things after being slapped across the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-tMwBseyToU

B92 News: Minister: Serbia will become attractive for IT investors

Count Serbian President Tomislav Nikolic as a new advocate for informational capitalism, after Estonian President Toomas Ilves, hopefully with as many cybersecurity upgrades as Eastern Europe’s markets can afford to evaluate. There was a recent technology fair in Germany, and Finance Minister Mladan Dinkic announced an initiative to pour money into companies “which are struggling to export software to foreign markets with high demands”, presumably countries that have chosen to reinforce themselves against certain types of hackers. Dinkic wants to give starting entrepreneurs grants with which they can fund their own businesses given support from investors or attachment to developing corporations. To this effect, he wants to host investors out of Silicon Valley to showcase the Internet industry’s most recent models and trends. I’ll venture (pun intended) a guess that investors from the United States, Great Britain, France, Germany, Poland, and Israel will want to expand their networks and systems to counter any jihad-friendly funds, no matter the source.:

Reuters: Militants from Russia’s North Caucasus join “jihad” in Syria
    Fox News Channel: Victims of Hamas Attacks to Sue French Bank That Handled Terror Group’s Funds

Call it a logical path to and reflection of Russia’s current confrontation with Islam, and the elite factions in the former could gather many more reasons to scatter over time. Abu Omar Al-Chechen, who leads the so-called Brigade of Migrants, distributed a video calling on Muslims to join the current war against Bashar Assad, after having fought against fighters loyal to Ramzan Kadyrov, and other fighters in this new jihad group assisted him by translating the message from Russian to Arabic to ensure successful cultural cross-pollination. Jihad, Chechen says, “needs money” to flourish, presumably money from Islamic businesspersons through Sharia charities all over the world, and as these jihadists clash with the Alawites, people in nearby areas are on high alert, especially people near Sochi, which plans to host the 2014 Olympics, a highly-favored target for our old friends in the Caucasus Emirate. With the Salafis diverting as many resources and manpower to Syria as they can, the Muslim Brotherhood looks swamped… as does at least one of its non-Muslim financiers. Hamas launched multiple attacks across Israel at the start of this past decade, and at least some of the money for those attacks came from an organization that set up an account with one Credit Lyonnais. The bank recorded concerns about operations out of this account as early as 1997, but it didn’t close it until 2003, which would tell me that some of its executives figured that Hamas’ style of terror would be much more profitable. There’ll be no need to guess what could happen to other clients for this bank, depending on the extent of their Sharia-friendly activities, and already, said clients might have a few ideas about which countries to either avoid or ruin with every last dollar they have.:

Arab News: Halal food label withdrawn in Sri Lanka after protests

Give these Sinhalese protesters credit for thinking ahead of their main weapons supplier – including outgoing President Hu Jintao – during their country’s war against the Tamil Tigers, particularly the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce. In short, halal meat requires a slit animal throat and drained blood, among other potential categories, and I guess the United Arab Emirates will be one step closer to losing whatever assets its investors inserted into Sri Lanka. President Mahinda Rajapaksa is urging calm among Moors, Malays, Tamils, and Sinhalese alike, but I won’t doubt any reverberations throughout the Indian Ocean and beyond. There’s a view going around that Buddhism is basically Hinduism tailored for export outside India, so assuming that the populations of Southeast Asia orient themselves toward our style of modernity, they might be even closer to rallying behind this new principle than we suspect. One wonders what arguments they could formulate to support various initiatives we’re undertaking to modernize our system of socioeconomic engagement, whether in Washington, D.C.… or Los Angeles.:

Los Angeles Times: Big money doesn’t buy much in L.A. school races
    Los Angeles Times: Public employee unions push back with lawsuits over pension cuts

Mayors Antonio Villaraigosa and Michael Bloomberg should be certain to gather even more resources to implement the reforms they and any allies they encounter seek, and if even these two men are mobilizing to modify public pensions, then there could be even fewer factors deterring President Barack Obama, Vice-President Joe Biden, and others from calling for a nationwide version of this program. Only Monica Garcia won, while the teachers backed Steve Zimmer. The California Charter Schools Association poured $340,000 into this fight, added to $250,000 from a News Corporation subsidiary, which could filter into Charles Krauthammer and Sean Hannity’s separate interpretations of this whole thing. For their part, other public unions are filing lawsuits for whatever they can salvage from these pension cuts, and Governor Jerry Brown, the man behind those reforms, can’t be too happy himself. He “raised the retirement age and lowered the benefits for public employees” as of the start of this new year. San Diego County is one of the areas that didn’t see blocked cuts, and if it’s any indication, Attorney General Kamala Harris is preparing his papers to counter these lawsuits. There’s a part of me that’s wondering whether or not I should be amused that certain groups have implanted themselves into this milieu, precisely because of what they profess, and even now, one of those groups is abuzz.:

Fox News Channel: Argentine Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio Named New Pope

I had to chuckle at the initial announcement, literally in the past couple of hours, as I view my laptop. My cheek wrinkled in confusion as I heard the name, but as more information came out about the background of Jorge Bergoglio, the message I picked up came together. He made a point of visiting poorer neighborhoods in Buenos Aires and avoided doctrinal battles within the Catholic bureaucracy. As we might expect, Argentines are cheering and shedding what I would call “liquid pride”. The debate about national and international markets may be about to get more interesting, some might think, but call me uncertain, given everything I just typed.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

So our Vice President Joe Biden came out today explaining that women who are living with abuser need to look out for signs beyond your "Garden Variety Slap on the Face".

Apparently hitting women is okay for Joe Biden, women only need to watch out for things after being slapped across the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-tMwBseyToU
    In related news: Joe Biden has hired Chris Brown as his senior advisor.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

So Paul Ryan's budget plan would assume the repeal of Obamacare even though it's not gonna happen especially after it's been tried 34 times. Well, he also made quite a Freudian Slip as he said this;

This is something we will not give up on because we are not going to give up on destroying the healthcare system for the American people.
    http://thehill.com/video/house/28764...#ixzz2NNcpPlMb

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    So Paul Ryan's budget plan would assume the repeal of Obamacare even though it's not gonna happen especially after it's been tried 34 times. Well, he also made quite a Freudian Slip as he said this;

http://thehill.com/video/house/28764...#ixzz2NNcpPlMb
    So I assume you are mum on Joe Biden endorsing the hitting of women? Especially after you pounded Todd Akin and the rest last year?

Paul Ryan also did an interview on fox news where he said (word for word) "Hang on, let me check (looks at his hands). Well, I'm definitely human, which means that I shouldn't vote for obama."
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

Voice of America: Henry Ridgwell: Global Politics Shaken by Social Media
    Washington Post WorldViews: Max Fisher: Argentina’s Congress broke into a fight when Bergoglio was announced as pope

As Pope Francis settles in at St. John Lateran’s Archbasilica, the market meltdowns engulfing his main countries have the attention of European and Latin American observers worldwide, and even now, the implications are rippling in both directions across the Atlantic Ocean. A comedian known as Beppe Grillo avoided the trappings of political contests in Italy by directing his efforts toward social media, which dotted the rest of this humble planet yesterday. His Five-Star Movement gained 25% of the total votes in recent general elections in Italy, adding personal perspectives to the coverage, one guesses. Whereas different newspapers and television networks have kept covering views from the main parties in Italy, these new activists are using Twitter, among other key outlets, to connect to people with similar viewpoints. In addition, lawmakers can contact the voting public directly and offer real-time developments, ensuring information flows in both directions of the discussion, ultimately resulting in laws with as much public input as possible. Argentina may have demonstrated a different – and more fortuitous – kind of disruption during the event that saw Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran step out and deliver the news… because its lawmakers were in the middle of commemorating now-late Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez. The Front for Victory ended up continuing the tribute after a majority vote in the Chamber of Deputies, and high-ranking priests in Buenos Aires are pondering a likely successor. Judging from the trends among their parishioners, though, perhaps Francis’ predecessor ran out of time already. North America is building a continental information society, and at least a few Latin Americans may have already gotten the idea to ask for help from certain key individuals in the Republican Party.:

Daily Caller: Caroline May: National immigration debate descends on South Carolina
    Daily Caller: Spencer Amaral: Online poll: Rand Paul the conservative pick for president in 2016

Uh-huh. The Evangelical Immigration Table may be set to join the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference in determining how to best aid those arriving here to gain citizenship and add themselves to this country, but legal and economic dignity still stand to push upward in order to follow modernization’s reach. Senator Lindsey Graham is scheduled for reelection in 2014, so political ads are popping up throughout South Carolina, with activists sharing opinions with other key American lawmakers, including Senators Marco Rubio and Rand Paul, without doubt. Contract from America’s new poll has the latter ahead of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker and the former, respectively, and between How Civilizations Die and now-President Barack Obama’s calls for wealth redistribution, I’d guess this was the only choice that certain types of Republicans had left to them, in which case they had every reason to know what he’s been up to, but they’re responding by entrenching this country as it is right now. Information and energy companies may need to extend their capabilities for thinking as far ahead as they can, and they could get some help on both sides of the Pacific Ocean.:

United States Energy Information Administration: U.S. Natural Gas Exports to Mexico Reach Record High in 2012
    New York Times: An Energy Coup for Japan: ‘Flammable Ice’

If Mexican President Enrique Peńa Nieto wants to render those drug cartels’ operations obsolete, then he has another key cornerstone for his framework. His country now has imports at a total of 30% of its overall natural gas supply, with consumption rising at an annual average of 4% between 2007 and 2011, whether the imported gas comes from Nigeria, Indonesia, Peru, or even Qatar. One might assume that these numbers are strong with the infrastructure in place as of this week, and the calculations coming out of Japan could take the global energy revolution to a new level. Methane hydrate was the discovery in Japan’s offshore deposits, considered to be a first in energy extraction records anywhere, calculated to hold “at least twice the amount of carbon” found in all other fossil fuels. Japan’s Economy, Trade, and Industry Ministry, led by one Toshimitsu Motegi, had a team conducting a trial run for additional methane hydrate research and extraction about 1,000 feet below the seabed this past Tuesday, separating the methane from the ice by lowering the pressure in the undersea reserve, before piping the resulting gas to the surface. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe might already favor shale gas imports and development to bolster Japan’s energy needs, and his officials currently estimate five years before the extraction technology they’re testing is strong enough to sell on global trade networks. Japan Oil, Gas, and Metals National Corporation puts the amount of methane hydrate south of Honshu alone at about 38.85 trillion cubic feet, while the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology has an estimate of 247.2 trillion cubic feet throughout the surrounding waters. There are projects with help from Canada to extract methane hydrate, which looks like ice at first but burns when heated, from permafrost, while Norway and China are launching their own expeditions to research it, setting the stage for a methane hydrate race. A change in leadership in the latter might very well pull the timetable ever closer to the present.:

Washington Post: China’s Xi Jinping charts a new PR course
    Reuters: Chinese President Xi raised by elite, steeled by turmoil

The irony surrounding new Chinese President Xi Jinping’s narrative surrounding his ascent is anything but small, and his clique of People’s Liberation Army commanders stands poised to magnify their past activities. They have a public relations initiative attempting to streamline channels for action within the Chinese Communist Party, and they saw fit to ban things like red carpet rollouts, motorcades, and excess in government-sponsored banquets. The man credited with formulating the main ideas for this leadership transition is Wang Huning, who worked for now-former Presidents Jiang Zemin and Hu Jintao, regarded as bitter rivals within the Chinese Communist Party. For his part, Xi ended up consolidating his power base within the PLA and deliberately cultivating support via a profile that he released to Xinhua, the CCP’s main media agency, all while maintaining as thorough a filter as possible against any perceived criticism. He professed to want to avoid revolutionary speculation, but he immersed himself in Marxist theory at Tsinghua University. Wealth consolidation and cyberwarfare would be tools in his vision to mobilize China throughout the world, but even Xi Jinping could face some difficulties right near Beijing itself.:

Chosun Ilbo: Kim Jong-Un’s Secret Billions
    Korea Herald: Atomic energy sticking point for Park, Obama

The Workers’ Party of Korea – the official name for the group tyrannizing the northern half of the Korean Peninsula – apparently managed to scatter its leading family’s accounts across the planet, using the names of other people, and intelligence agents are following the trails. It began with a freeze on Kim Jong-Il’s accounts at Banco Delta Asia, so the regime relied on banks with less stringent screening procedures, whether European, Latin American, or Chinese. Most of the money comes from selling drugs, exporting weapons, counterfeiting American currency, or products based in agriculture or fishing. Some organized criminals based in Russia may also be assisting the Kims and any Korean People’s Army commanders assisting or even running these activities, giving new South Korean President Park Geun-Hye several new files to review. We have a pact on nuclear energy with South Korea that will likely need some new updates as South Korea figures out how to integrate itself into our pivot to East Asia. That pact prohibits reprocessed spent nuclear fuel to prevent enrichment for fissile materials, and in response, Park and her advisors are calling for something known as pyroprocessing to stay within the agreement. Between that pivot of ours and Israel’s technological mobilization, we may be close to a strategic string running through the Singapore Strait along the Indian Ocean up to the Persian Gulf, giving the forces of freedom, harmony, individuality, and modernity a comprehensive – and necessary – advantage.:

Reuters: Iran steps up weapons lifeline to Assad
    Weekly Standard: Jonathan Spyer: The Kurds Are for the Kurds

The Islamic Revolutionary Guards are congregating their flows of weaponry and propaganda toward Syrian Alawite leader Bashar Al-Assad, and the rest of Islam looks to be conditioned similarly to Europe during two three-decade-long periods of conflict, one of which started almost four centuries ago, to my mind. Assad’s remaining military units have new weapons flowing toward them from Iraq, according to Western officials, as well as assistance from Hezbollah… which, last I checked, had something going on in Cyprus. For Iraq’s part, Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki may be stuck as certain officials around him avoid any Iranian movements, but we have blacklist alerts for two Iranian airlines for supporting the Islamic Revolutionary Guards. Russia said that its deliveries included special missiles that could shoot down other missiles before they could hit their targets, while Iran’s deliveries include equipment designed to amplify transmissions over longer distances, light arms, and components for drones and shore-to-sea and surface-to-surface missiles. The Kurdistan Workers’ Party and the Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party could attempt to use this emerging Sunni-Shiite fault line to their advantage as the Kurds carve out their own autonomous region in Syria’s northeastern areas. The Kurds have endured cultural repression from the Assads, numbering 2 million of 23 million inhabitants still in that now-failed country, assuming the flow of refugees remains as it is. Syrian Kurdistan sits atop some serious oil reserves, but the Kurdistan Workers’ Party is diametrically opposed to the Kurds in Iraq. The KWP group controlling a village known as Wadi Souss had houses built from dry mud and logs, testifying to the traditionalism and poverty that the Kurds in that area possess. Oddly enough, the Syrian Kurds officially favor some semblance of Kurdish autonomy within whatever remains of Syria’s regime once it gets federalized. However, the KWP has given them armed strength with which they can effectively dominate any discussions there, speaking of redistributing power to the “uneducated” masses. At the same time, the Kurdistan Workers’ Party operatives have engaged in combat with certain infamous jihad groups, especially the Al-Nusra Front, in a town accessible only through a city still controlled by troops loyal to the Assads and the Alawites. Sere Kaniyah, which even now has fighters from both groups staring each other down, has gained prominence as a point of convergence for the Sunni rebels and Turkish President Abdullah Gul and Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who want to stop the Kurds from governing themselves. Among the reported instances of support is treatment for injured ANF fighters at a hospital in a Turkish border town, and few, if any, believe that a truce between the jihadists and the KWP is intended to last. Oddly, Syria isn’t an oil-rich state, and oil production already there has plummeted. That said, the Syrian Kurds still intend to fight off both the Assads and the Sunnis for control over those oil reserves, so that at least for the moment, they are more intent on maintaining their positions than launching any actual attacks. One wonders how many channels for wealth redistribution they’ll need to build to fulfill their stated agenda, and other Sunni rebels might likewise call on support from outside the region. If the turbulence tying their ideological supporters down is any indication, though, the Sunni supremacists will be more likely to continue with their current bloodshed in the meantime.:

Times of India: Jamaat role in economy adds to its Bangla clout
    Ahram: Muslim Brotherhood and Egypt’s military: On collision course?

Jamaat-e Islami and the Muslim Brotherhood formulated and shared their own theories about financing their jihad, but Bangladeshi protesters are looking to sever the money flow. Agents for the former set up Islami Bank Bangladesh to bankroll initiatives in health insurance, real estate, and transport, presumably including halal and zakat provisions in accordance with Sharia, but its customers simply marched to the bank to announce closures for their accounts. Jamaat-e Islami’s branches in Bangladesh and Pakistan did hold meetings as late as January 2004, and for their part, bank executives were also present. The current instability in Egypt could give the protesters additional time to set up their own networks to counter the Islamists in South Asia, particularly because Defense Minister Abdul-Fatah Al-Sisi might now be insisting on loyalty to Egypt before the Muslim Brotherhood. Armed militias started with the Guidance Office’s approval, including Khairat Al-Shater, are getting the attention of observers across Egypt, and while pacts were set up to attempt to prevent any mishaps, with approval from Hosni Mubarak himself in a few cases, speculation is bubbling about a new military coup. Some Muslim Brotherhood paramilitary activists even protested at Al-Azhar University, and the Guidance Office has sent messengers to security officials in Egypt’s regions and drawn up plans to train as many as 5,000 militiamen and “draw on considerable resources” from outside the country. President Muhammad Morsi and Supreme Guide Mohammed Badie could very well call in fighters from Hamas if they think that Egypt’s security agencies are preparing to move against them, but since they flooded the tunnels leading to and from Gaza, Hamas operatives would see some delays. Egypt will follow Syria in terms of national collapse, and at least some elements there could spill into the emerging factions within the Democratic and Republican Parties here. Expect me to stay alert, as always.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 16th March 2013 at 5:59 PM.

Well, the CPAC minority outreach panel has gone out of control with one participant said that the white Southern males are being disenfranchised and that he supports slavery.

A panel discussion on race at the Conservative Political Action Conference turned into a debate over slavery and segregation when an attendee from North Carolina said that "young, white, Southern males" are being disenfranchised by Republicans.

Scott Terry, 30, rose from his seat to question the discussion leader, K. Carl Smith, from the Frederick Douglass Republicans, over the role of race in the Republican Party. Terry said that the growth of diversity in the party and outreach to black conservatives has been "at the expense of young, white, Southern males like myself."

"I think my demographic is being systematically disenfranchised," Terry said.

Smith responded by telling a story about a letter that abolitionist leader Frederick Douglass wrote to his former slaveowner forgiving him for holding him in servitude.

"For giving him shelter and food?" asked Terry, as some members of the audience gasped and others laughed.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...p_ref=politics

So one wacko speaks out and that means what? Seriously "one" participant saying something stupid does not mean the whole panel has gone out of control. It means there was one idiot in there.

So one wacko speaks out and that means what? Seriously "one" participant saying something stupid does not mean the whole panel has gone out of control. It means there was one idiot in there.
    Just so you know, the wacko wasn't alone with his beliefs in the same room. That's the problem with the base of the Republican party and why they will keep losing the minority, women, and young voters. The party itself is to blame for the Southern Strategy that has been used to win Southern states via states rights BS. Whether you hate or not, the GOP does have an image problem and immigration reform will not change that as long as they cater to those kind of people.

Look at Republican South Carolina State Rep Kris Crawford who flip-flopped in voting against Medicaid expansion in his state.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/polit...rawford/63053/

Rep. Kris Crawford, a Republican from Florence and also an emergency room doctor, supports the expansion but expects the Republican caucus to vote as a block against the Medicaid expansion.

“The politics are going to overwhelm the policy. It is good politics to oppose the black guy in the White House right now, especially for the Republican Party,” Crawford said.

Just so you know, the wacko wasn't alone with his beliefs in the same room.
    Really? Where is your proof of that? You and Your article states it was only one person. Do you have a poll of the room or something to prove it?

That's the problem with the base of the Republican party and why they will keep losing the minority, women, and young voters. The party itself is to blame for the Southern Strategy that has been used to win Southern states via states rights BS. Whether you hate or not, the GOP does have an image problem and immigration reform will not change that as long as they cater to those kind of people.
    Funny thing about Illegal Immigration, the public prefers the boarder to be fixed first. Anyway I wouldn't say that this ONE man's views is the GOP's problem, the GOP's problem is that alot of people like free stuff, poor people like free stuff. And the GOP has to act like a parent some times and says "No you cannot have free stuff".

Look at Republican South Carolina State Rep Kris Crawford who flip-flopped in voting against Medicaid expansion in his state.
    And? It's good politics to oppose Obama right now, especially as Obama's approval sinks. That has nothing to do with him being black.

YouTube: Tea Party Patriots: Jim Hoft’s Discussion with K. Carl Smith about ‘Racist Event’ at CPAC 2013
    New York Daily News: Enraged protesters battle cops in Brooklyn streets during third night of rioting after it’s revealed that 16-year-old Kimani Gray was shot in the back

Leave it to Jim Hoft and the Tea Party Patriots to step in and uncover some unexpected details about yesterday’s “incident”. Apparently, Scott Terry referred to himself as a supporter of Booker Washington, and the black activists in question replied that Frederick Douglass was an influence to the point that Washington wrote a biography about Douglass, citing his penchant for inclusion. For his part, Mr. Terry ended up buying a copy of said book for himself and shaking Smith’s hand, and the Smith brothers continued greeting other activists attending this shindig. In the end, though, the Conservative Political Action Conference – especially Grover Norquist and Suhail Khan – might not have had much else to track. The self-destruction of certain segments of this country’s social fabric may have shifted into Brooklyn after some riots earlier this week, and, as some might expect, the protesters here are furious. The shooting happened a week ago, and I find the accompanying pictures riveting. The tally was 46 arrested demonstrators, including the sister of the teenager. There was a confrontation between Gray and two plainclothes officers on East 52nd Street, and some news outlets received an account involving a potential scuffle with a friend to Gray. The vigil for this teenager happened on Wednesday, with the protesters marching toward the 67th Precinct’s stationhouse. Entrepreneurs in the area find themselves in fear for their livelihoods and safety, so supporters of Booker Washington and Frederick Douglass might have already found themselves sidelined in favor of supporters of Trayvon Martin, the New Black Panther Party, Jesse Jackson, and Jeremiah Wright, among other potential symbols of racialism in favor of blacks. These new protesters could very well move on and demand reparations for an intolerable nullification of their societal system, exacerbating tensions with other ethnic groups in the coming years. If it’s any guide, Americans in general may already be expressing their utter exhaustion with the rest of the planet.:

Gallup: Frank Newport: Egypt’s Favorable Rating in U.S. Slips to Two-Decade Low
    Diplomat: William Martel: For America, Decline is a Choice

Perhaps worryingly, perceptions of other countries were in general decline, so Americans, especially Senator Rand Paul, might conclude that said countries are increasingly beyond any hope of redemption and thus must be isolated in favor of nostalgism. We might be close to learning how bitter other traditional cultures worldwide are as the information, energy, and cuteness revolutions encroach onto their most sacred principles, leaving the people still holding those principles with nothing. We have infrastructure that might no longer be fit to serve the emerging information society, and we’ll need every measure we can implement to prevent loss of power, heat, and electricity whenever something like Hurricane Sandy barrels our way. The axis of authoritarianism may be grinding down even more violently after Hugo Chavez’s death, so the next President of America, if not Barack Obama, will have to strengthen partnerships with countries bordering Russia, China, and the Islamic Community – as my own recommendation – to prevent any unwanted attacks against freedom, individuality, and modernization, most likely to the extent that they’re able to fit with our foundational principles. Other regional concerns can sound suspiciously familiar: Central Asian energy competition; North Korean discontent next to Iran and Syria’s cultural implosions; institutional partnerships to “manage the authoritarian axis”. Golden Dawn and the Liberal Democratic Party of Russia should have more than a few things to say about amplification for this authoritarianism, but World Web War One will necessitate new cooperation “between individuals, firms, and states” to keep the final body count as low as possible. Al-Qaeda, Lashkar-e-Taiba, the Taliban, and the Haqqanis are destabilizing South Asia, countered by the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, but they could accelerate as libertarians openly nudge Judeo-Christian traditionalists and defense hawks aside. Harmonizing, even more than merely balancing, the principles that America proposes will keep its friends and enemies certain about its grand strategy and purpose, especially multilateral cooperation. The polarization currently enveloping Washington, D.C., is occurring in full view of national embassies still located there, such that more and more countries may be congregating to pull at different loose threads in the combined fabric of foreign and domestic policy. We might be far past the point of genuine optimism with other countries or fears about national decline, in one direction or another, as the information society continues.:

Christian Post: Anugrah Kumar: Luis Palau: New Pope Francis a Friend of Evangelicals

Luis Palau prayed with Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio before the selection as Pope Francis, and Palau recognized Bergoglio as a man mindful of every perspective within Judeo-Christianity, so Latino evangelicalism and Catholicism could find common ground for alliances… assuming that the styles of modernization permeating the United States of America, the Republic of India, or even the Equestrian Principality don’t end up inducing any resentment. I would think that this is what those cardinals had in mind leading up to the conclave. Francis did everything he could to avoid being noticed right away whenever he walked into a room, but he criticized homosexual efforts at adoption and called for engagement with youth and the poor, making Catholic economics look less purely destructive than, say, Sharia economics. We could get some new assistance from Southeast Asia in order to feed any populations that we can reach as World Web War One rolls forward through this decade.:

Times of India: Noodle king is Nepal’s first Forbes billionaire
    Irrawaddy: Patrick Boehler: Burma to Coordinate Growing Rice Exports with Thailand, Vietnam

Meet Binod Chaudhary, the owner of a chain of instant noodles throughout the world. He started his operations in Nepal, but Wai Wai has expanded into places as far away as Kenya, the Philippines, and Saudi Arabia. Nepal’s income per person is $735, so South Asians have plenty of smiles about them as they sample Wai Wai’s noodles. Chaudhary Group has assets in hospitality, real estate, financial services, and infrastructure, and I’m certain that sooner or later, someone will get the idea to bring its capabilities to Burma. The Myanmar Rice Federation – using the other famous name for Burma – wants a reinforced framework through which it can deliver rice to destinations in Thailand and Vietnam, building on the 1.4 million tons of rice exports reached so far this fiscal year. Regulations constitute the main challenge for Thai rice cultivation, and Burmese officials are analyzing additional measures to get their country’s rice supply to the global market more easily, such as output for electrical generation and inspections for legalized rice exchanges. Those farmers in Darveshpura could happily lend their expertise to these trends, and the Obama administration and Congress could mobilize even more eagerly and decisively to assist these developments. The dynamism across South Asia will be clear to us all.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 17th March 2013 at 8:12 PM.

And? It's good politics to oppose Obama right now, especially as Obama's approval sinks. That has nothing to do with him being black.
    Obama's approval is standing at 51%, which, when compared to Congress's lower than approval, doesn't seem to suggest that it's good politics to oppose everything he does (although that's all Congress does anymore). Saying things like "It is good politics to oppose the black guy in the White House" which sound very racist (whether or not it actually is) is not very good politics.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    Obama's approval is standing at 51%,
    McClatchy/Marist, Quinnipiac, and FOX News also has had him down to 45% as of the past few weeks, with Reuters having him down to 43%

which, when compared to Congress's lower than approval, doesn't seem to suggest that it's good politics to oppose everything he does (although that's all Congress does anymore).
    Depends on what the issue is, on the Budget and Deficit, Obama and Congress are at equals.

" His approval rating has dropped to the lowest level in more than a year, with more voters now turning thumbs down on his performance than thumbs up, according to a new McClatchy-Marist poll. The measure of how much people like him also has dropped.

He’s still vastly more popular than Congress, particularly congressional Republicans. But in the biggest political clash of the year – over the federal budget and how to curb deficits – voters split 44 percent to 42 percent between preferring Congress or Obama."
    http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/03/1...#storylink=cpy

Saying things like "It is good politics to oppose the black guy in the White House" which sound very racist (whether or not it actually is) is not very good politics.
    Never said it was.

Page 18 of 140 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast