Page 23 of 140 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics: THANKS OBAMA

Foreign Policy: Robert Zaretsky: France’s Forgotten War
    Foreign Policy: Gayle Lemmon: The Angst in Foggy Bottom

The maelstrom over Syria has sucked in Sunnis and Shiites, Arabs and Chechens, alike, with Russia’s oligarchs sidelined, so threatening those Benghazi whistleblowers’ careers might be all that these officials can do. Their fellow bureaucrats are none too happy, in any case, and it might not be long before Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb resurfaces. Charles de Gaulle, the man behind France’s current constitutional framework, once declared that overseas grandeur was a vital component of France’s self-perception, since the general public would otherwise break down into quarrel after quarrel after quarrel. In one way or another, his successors ended up following that dictum, rallying both voters and elites. Francois Hollande was supposed to break this trend in favor of concerns purely inside the country itself, but that intervention in Mali pretty much blew that pronouncement out of the water, such as it was. The Sharia sheikhdoms – including the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, and Kuwait – have gone shopping throughout Paris in the recent past… to no avail, which would pretty much give France’s elites an incentive to protect themselves and their compatriots. Ironically, this very taste for adventurism may have impelled Jacques Chirac to continue assisting that Oil-for-Food fiasco alongside Russia’s Vladimir Putin in the years leading up to Operation Iraqi Freedom, and between Cardinal Armand Jean Richelieu’s constant manipulations throughout the Thirty Years’ War and this, the outrage of both those sheikhs and Islamic terrorists worldwide should prove ever starker. The National Movement for the Liberation of Azawad, for its part, is standing about the territory that it claimed, which can’t be good for the blood pressure of many an employee at the State Department. Qatar itself has statements that Syrian Alawite leader Bashar Assad really did use chemical weapons against the jihad groups staying in front of and competing within the Syrian opposition, but new Secretary of State John Kerry’s team didn’t have the talking points in order for a closed-door briefing for Congress just yet. Officials closest to Syria believe that we should’ve jumped in a long time ago, with one official accusing the Obama administration of “borderline isolationism” and seeing an “extremely problematic” precedent for Turkey and those aforementioned Sharia sheikhdoms, a sentiment that David Goldman might easily question. Other officials across Foggy Bottom have to be biting their nails at other preparations coming from the other side of Eurasia.:

Foreign Policy: John Garnaut: Xi’s War Drums
    Irrawaddy: Saw Yan Naing: Report: China Sells Helicopter Gunships to UWSA

Pearl Harbor has a daily routine in which military experts analyze streams of overnight intelligence reports of the warships patrolling the waters under the jurisdiction of the United States Pacific Command, covering anything emanating from Hollywood to Bollywood, but invariably focusing on the People’s Liberation Army because it’s at the center of every maritime dispute in East Asia. President Xi Jinping and his cronies want to test their strengths and build a fighting force that can and will outmatch the Pacific Fleet, but there is a growing consensus that the military can only be either capable or loyal. This group has built contacts with the rest of the Chinese Communist Party, to the point that it has a missile designed to destroy an aircraft carrier in one shot, known as the East Wind 21-D. One might’ve expected the PLA’s various units to coordinate quite closely, but to go by the patronage networks and the siphoned money flows, that’s not the case. Corruption combined with a booming market under over three decades of peace and opaque administrative guidelines to corrode the PLA, and that’s not even mentioning a certain rival to Xi within the CCP. Xi’s associates believe that he shares these concerns, which is why he wants to focus on probing the various networks to see which commanders will be most likely to stand with him in readiness for combat, using separation of horses and mules as a point of comparison. Deng Xiaoping taught this model by mobilizing to attack Vietnam back in 1979, then appointing top military posts until officers strictly loyal to him occupied most, if not all, of said posts. The Congressional Research Service reports that China is set to triple its fleet of maritime strike aircraft by this decade’s end and has already quadrupled its modern submarine fleet, including subs capable of carrying ballistic missiles armed with nuclear warheads. The cyberwarfare of Unit 61398 should speak for itself, and the ballistic missile stock includes missiles that can destroy satellites in space. The recent showdown over the Senkakus was Xi’s first perceived opportunity to orchestrate this mobilization, which could also function as an eerily convenient diversion right in the middle of a certain jihad attack in Libya. The remaining three months of 2012 saw a roughly daily pattern of a Chinese flyby toward the archipelago, failure by the Japanese to make radio contact leading to scrambled fighter jets, and a change in direction at the 28th parallel. However, a twin-propeller plane broke the pattern on December 13 by flying to photograph the largest disputed island. Three days later, Shinzo Abe won a landslide victory and immediately vowed to loosen engagement rules to allow Japanese vessels to approach much closer to Chinese ones. There were additional incidents leading up to Inauguration Day, which we still didn’t know, and at the start of February, Xi revealed that the lesson he learned from the Soviet Union’s downfall was that the military and the regime should remain connected to prevent the emergence of any internal threats. The consequence was to persuade us more and more that domestic insecurity is driving China’s current provocations, even to the point that Japan could win in a one-on-one brawl without American backup. These new helicopter deliveries to the United Wa State Army could be a different story, given my recollections from late January. The deliveries occurred between late February and early March, with confirmation from government and ethnic minority sources, and they were Mi-17 transport helicopters armed with air-to-air missiles. It’s sounding like the Burmese intend to launch a major offensive soon enough since they’ve reinforced their garrisons to take out the UWSA’s capabilities, which include estimates of “20,000 well-equipped fighters” and advanced weapons such as surface-to-air missiles. With the above inspections in mind, these sales are either some corrupt PLA commander’s last-ditch effort to rake in a few yuan before permanent silence or a probe by Xi or one of his cronies into a prospective new front against any external enemies, real or unreal. Neither the despondent depravity of the Caucasus Emirate nor the breakdown of the Muslim Brotherhood will need any further contrasts in light of such activities.:

Ahram: Declarations of war: Islamist vs. private media in Egypt
    Reuters: Malaysia’s “class war” fuels opposition election hopes

Between the Harlem Shake a few weeks ago and the rage shared by the House of Saud and the global Wahhabi, or Salafi, coalition, I can only wonder how furtive the Muslim Brotherhood, especially the Guidance Office, including Khairat Al-Shater and President Muhammad Morsi, must end up being. Muslim Brotherhood sympathizers have clashed repeatedly with opposition figures on Egypt’s airwaves, frustrating more than a few Egyptians to the point that at least one now favors watching cartoons with his children, among other activities. Secular talk show hosts have lectures criticizing and mocking the Muslim Brotherhood as well as authorities at various levels of Egyptian society, with some even urging the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces to step back in. Sharia-friendly talk show hosts have responded by questioning the patriotic credentials of their opponents or accusing said opponents of atheism. Some believe themselves the targets of systematic campaigns to shut them down, citing 24 legal complaints against journalists and television hosts for insults to Morsi’s position during his first 200 days, unlike 14 cases for similar charges in the past century. Islamists are continuing to threaten journalists with violence, image distortion, and legal action. Interestingly enough, these private media hosts pounced during a presidential visit to… Sudan, the same country with those exterminations in Darfur. Egypt 25, owned by the Muslim Brotherhood, pointed to unofficial connections with Hosni Mubarak as the cause of plenty of said talk show hosts’ recalcitrance against the agenda of traditional tribalism through Sharia supremacy, then went on to cite views about, say, the Egyptian Communist Party. In addition, the Muslim Brotherhood has its own cyberwarfare teams attempting to tilt Internet influence toward them, to the extent that it considers perpetual Internet imagery its top priority. Oddly, others attempting to straddle the balance “face great difficulties finding Brotherhood sources”, with some refusing to give their names or declining interviews altogether. The Guidance Office should and will have a framework for additional coordination with the Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party, but given the status of Egypt’s market, any future plans involving Sharia finance might apply only for Malaysia’s implementation. Interestingly, if Prime Minister Najib Razak wanted to turn himself into his country’s version of Vladimir Putin, then whoever’s bankrolling his current campaign will have more than a few ironies to wrestle leading into this weekend. The Malaysian oligarchs are facing criticism from younger Malays and other ethnic minorities for instigating favoritism between themselves and the United Malays National Organization, which fused Islam with Malay nationalism, and it’s the Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party that’s been pushed into alignment with these poor masses. We can call it affirmative action, Malaysia-style, but certain entrepreneurs – who apparently happen to be Christian, as well – have, well, packed their bags already. One Syed Mokhtar Bukhary, on the other hand, denies such connections, insisting on fair play during his monopoly on sugar and rice. The UMNO has set up ties with several companies linked to rail construction, according to a recent Reuters survey, but the PMIP and its partner groups are seeing upticks in support from younger workers returning to their villages to inform their relatives about this pending collision. Analysts are predicting a weakened position for the UMNO, but a sentiment expressed toward the start of this year might work eerily well for anyone caught between these factions: “What difference, at this point, does it make?”. To think that a slightly different manifestation of this phenomenon may be occurring within Europe at this time.:

British Broadcasting Corporation: Jobbik rally against World Jewish Congress in Budapest

The event happened several hours ago as of this message, and the message looks to be accelerating throughout other parts of Europe. One might think that Jobbik is mimicking Golden Dawn in regularly accusing Jews of undermining Hungary, but one of its main sources of money and support could add a familiar wrinkle to its emergence. Its territorial claims have alienated even other likeminded groups, so its leaders turned to Iran to the point of asking the Islamic Revolutionary Guards to help it monitor parliamentary elections about three years ago. Indeed, one of those leaders has a close relationship with President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, which could need an update if Supreme Ayatollah Ali Khamenei manages to reassert his claim to exclusive mediation with the Hidden Imam, to go by what I’ve been hearing over there. Naturally speaking, the World Jewish Congress wants to protest this, which is why it placed its conference for this year in Hungary’s capital. Between Israel’s new energy fields and the Sunni-Shiite fault line, the anti-Semites in Jobbik and Iran might very well have that as their only recourse left. I’m certain that Congress will have plenty of incentives to stay on top of this final convergence.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 5th May 2013 at 8:28 PM.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    If they are not gathering information for a trial and focusing on a clear and present danger, again there is no fifth amendment violation, I do not know how many times I have to go over it. So saying they are "violating all but the 2nd amendment" would be incorrect.
    Just pointing out that we can crack down on terrorism which took over 3,000 deaths in America in 30 years but can't do so with gun violence that killed over a million in the past 30 years.

This argument was made by a Liberal Former Democrat Strategist.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...m-proposition/
    Knew you would point that out.

And? The Obama Administration covers 1,000s of people, I am sure members in it have been influenced or believe in many other Governments. Wasn't it Democrats just a few months ago saying it was no big deal when Chuck Hagel talked about the "Jewish Lobby" having influence over the U.S. Government?
    Well, it would have been not a big deal but the whole conservatives buttkissing Israel ian't actually news.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    Just pointing out that we can crack down on terrorism which took over 3,000 deaths in America in 30 years but can't do so with gun violence that killed over a million in the past 30 years.
    Except that has nothing to do with your post...

Well, it would have been not a big deal but the whole conservatives buttkissing Israel ian't actually news.
    No I think attacking the Jews is a big thing, Israel or not.

Except that has nothing to do with your post...
    I'm just pointing out the skewed priorities when it comes to the reactions on how the right wingers view the Obama Administration for their stances on terrorism.

No I think attacking the Jews is a big thing, Israel or not.
    So basically, you are saying he is an anti-Semite.

I'm just pointing out the skewed priorities when it comes to the reactions on how the right wingers view the Obama Administration for their stances on terrorism.
    Well it would help if the Obama Administration didn't screw things up royally and have all of these Whistleblowers come out of the woodwork like Benghazi.

So basically, you are saying he is an anti-Semite.
    I believe his quote speaks for itself.

Well it would help if the Obama Administration didn't screw things up royally and have all of these Whistleblowers come out of the woodwork like Benghazi.
    Oh I'm sorry, Benghazi? How about all those Embassy attacks during the Bush Administration or the hearings on the Iraq War?

I believe his quote speaks for itself.
    Really?

Oh I'm sorry, Benghazi? How about all those Embassy attacks during the Bush Administration or the hearings on the Iraq War?
    And that deals with Obama's fumble on Benghazi how?

Really?
    “The political reality is … that the Jewish lobby intimidates a lot of people up here,”

That harkens back to the old Anti Semite portrayal of Jews as behind the scene mischief makers, pulling the strings on the Government and doing insidious things.

And that deals with Obama's fumble on Benghazi how?
    Or the fumble on the House GOP's in cutting down security for embassy?

“The political reality is … that the Jewish lobby intimidates a lot of people up here,”

That harkens back to the old Anti Semite portrayal of Jews as behind the scene mischief makers, pulling the strings on the Government and doing insidious things.
    Not really because those who have accused him of being anti-semite failed to back up their arguments. Let me remind you when Obama who despite is pro-Israel, at times called out on Israel's bad behavior, gets slammed by right wingers for that.

Or the fumble on the House GOP's in cutting down security for embassy?
    There were request multiple times for security there to the state department, The State Department could have easily moved security assets from a non threatened Embassy, say our Embassy in Britain or Japan, to the ones in hot spots like Benghazi, but they didn't. This is upon them.

Not really because those who have accused him of being anti-semite failed to back up their arguments. Let me remind you when Obama who despite is pro-Israel, at times called out on Israel's bad behavior, gets slammed by right wingers for that.
    I just provided you a example of him being a anti-semite, I believe I have backed up my argument.

First, there has been a trend from the Left lately to say that certain lobbies are "bullying" or "intimidating" people. I'm going to go out on a limb here. I think these terms mean that the lobbies are...lobbying. And, of course, that these politicians don't like their lobbying activity.

Second, remember when Sarah Palin got slammed for using the term "blood libel"? Yeah, people irrationally accused her and other conservatives of being to blame for the shooting of Gabrielle Giffords, but inexplicably, just because Giffords is Jewish and the phrase has a history, that means Palin's statement is somehow mean, wrong, racist, or in some other way in poor taste? No, the phrase highlighted the fact that people were being accused unjustly.

Finally, I really want to know what you would think if somebody like me or BigLutz said that "the gay lobby is intimidating people." Are you really telling me you would consider that an accurate description of the activities of the gay lobby in some place and not a homophobic exaggeration?

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Reuters: Malaysia PM faces limited future after worst electoral showing

If those Malaysian oligarchs get the idea to race other entrepreneurs in relocating their wealth outside Southeast Asia altogether, then there goes the United Malays National Organization’s reason for existence. Dissidents within it and its coalition are challenging Prime Minister Najib Razak more openly after said coalition garnered fewer seats than it needed to maintain its perceived viability, and the Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party’s coalition isn’t backing down. Razak wanted to call for a consumption tax and boost private investment, but the PMIP and its allies are crying foul over his control of mainstream media outlets, among other things. Whatever the Royal Army of Sulu, the Moro National Liberation Front, and the National Revolutionary Front were each cooking up for this specific election failed to materialize, I suppose, but the instability throughout the Indian Ocean looks likely to manifest once again in a different pocket.:

Times of India: Pakistan’s minorities have no faith in democracy
    Times of India: Intelligence alert over terror attack on US consulate in Mumbai
    Times of India: 32 dead as police clash with Bangladesh Islamists over blasphemy law

Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan, which indirectly spawned Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, is gaining ground in the days before a new round of elections this upcoming weekend, leading me to suspect that South Asia will be churning within the same period of time as the destabilization accelerated by other Salafis throughout North Africa, which Ambassador Chris Stevens died trying to contain. In the mountainous areas southwest of Islamabad, Shiites, Christians, and Hindus are watching the rise of these Sharia-friendly groups with expectant alarm, to the point that some Hindus are fleeing to India entirely. If the bomb threat is any indication, then it looks like we’re staying as far ahead of the Salafis and their sympathizers as we can. It came in the form of a letter stating that public facilities and railways in Hyderabad, Bangalore, and Mumbai would be targeted for attacks, but officials are confused about the timing involved. India’s intelligence apparatus is on high alert for attacks coming from other jihad groups throughout South Asia, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they enlisted support from any remaining Islamists in Bangladesh. The comments are instructive, as are the protests themselves. Bankers, insurance officials, and traders ended up having to endure echoes of gunfire in their offices, while police had to use water and tear gas to get the protesters to stop after getting pelted with bricks, stones, and bamboo sticks. One imagines that those whistleblowers and their associates will have much more of a reason to keep this broader instability in mind as these hearings approach.:

France 24: Libya bans ex-Gaddafi officials from government
    British Broadcasting Corporation: Russia and US agree to hold Syria conference

The militias scattered across Libya demanded this new law, which is why they descended on several government buildings in Tripoli, pushing the country ever closer to institutional failure, alongside Egypt and Syria. President Muhammad Magarief – whose hometown is Benghazi, incidentally – represented Muammar Gaddafi to India before deciding to defect, so whoever’s behind the militias probably thinks he’s too friendly with us to be of any use. Those militias had rocket-propelled grenades with them during the vote, and even Muslim Brotherhood operatives there are pointing to reconciliation talks before 2011. Critics argue that the law will criminalize political participation, the process to pass it was undemocratic, and it precludes any prospect of judicial review. Between Al-Qaeda’s main groups in North Africa and the Caucasus Emirate’s threats in Syria, Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov will probably find themselves overshadowed, as will President Vladimir Putin, Iranian Supreme Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, and Qatari Emir Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani, among others. This bright idea will supposedly transpire before the end of this month, but if I could bet, then I’d be more likely to keep an eye trained on Chechnya, among other regions plagued by Islamic terror.:

United States Department of Defense: Military and Security Developments Involving the People’s Republic of China 2013

The report is as thorough as one might expect, and the assessments should be enough to focus my mind. The People’s Liberation Army has devised a doctrine calling for operations “linking geographically dispersed forces and capabilities into an integrated system capable of unified action”, starting on former President Hu Jintao’s watch, and it also wants to “cultivate junior officers proficient with and capable of leveraging technology in all warfighting functions for joint operations”. It constructed a massive network of organizations to be applied in both military and civilian fields, which included collection of technology that was controlled under American export regulations from several key defense sources. Among the technologies “collected” are advanced aerospace, traveling wave tubes, night vision devices, and monolithic microwave integrated circuits, masked by opaque structures for companies, hidden asset ownership, and commercial connections with the Chinese Communist Party. Strategists for current President Xi Jinping – presumably with agreement from the man himself – characterize these first 20 years as a “strategic window of opportunity” for China to maintain its internal stability, defend its sovereignty, and secure its position on the global stage. The mission statement started about a decade ago, with the CCP voting to codify it a few years later. It could persuade PLA military commanders, even Xi’s closest associates, to accept humanitarian and peacekeeping missions worldwide and intensify improvements to logistics and transport capabilities. Between that spat over the Senkakus and constant suspicions of unaccountability, the Chinese Communists have a massive plate of possible instability before them. Deng Xiaoping favored internal development over external interference, read expansionism, but some Chinese scholars believe that the time is approaching for something more proactive. These military experts are citing improvements in real-time data among field commanders, enabling them to issue orders to multiple units at once while on the move, while electronic countermeasures are in testing stages for kinetic wartime operations. The downfall of the Sharia sheikhdoms would give these military commanders a perfect incentive to accelerate their cyberwarfare capabilities against certain terror groups in the Middle East, most likely dwarfing that attack in Benghazi on September 11, 2012. I can only wonder what will become of President Barack Obama’s team as tomorrow’s hearings unfold in Congress.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

There were request multiple times for security there to the state department, The State Department could have easily moved security assets from a non threatened Embassy, say our Embassy in Britain or Japan, to the ones in hot spots like Benghazi, but they didn't. This is upon them.
    Isn't this just a typical Republican strategy to make Democratic administration look incompetent despite Obama's stellar foreign policy record just so they can hamper Hilary if she runs in 2016? Even Bill O'Reilly is saying that this is just partisan play now so spare us the fake outrage.

I just provided you a example of him being a anti-semite, I believe I have backed up my argument.
    If that were true, then he wouldn't have voted to send money to Israel and his record shows. And by that logic, Alaska Rep. Don Young is a racist because he called Mexican workers "wetbacks"! That's not helping the GOP minority outreach.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    First, there has been a trend from the Left lately to say that certain lobbies are "bullying" or "intimidating" people. I'm going to go out on a limb here. I think these terms mean that the lobbies are...lobbying. And, of course, that these politicians don't like their lobbying activity.

Second, remember when Sarah Palin got slammed for using the term "blood libel"? Yeah, people irrationally accused her and other conservatives of being to blame for the shooting of Gabrielle Giffords, but inexplicably, just because Giffords is Jewish and the phrase has a history, that means Palin's statement is somehow mean, wrong, racist, or in some other way in poor taste? No, the phrase highlighted the fact that people were being accused unjustly.

Finally, I really want to know what you would think if somebody like me or BigLutz said that "the gay lobby is intimidating people." Are you really telling me you would consider that an accurate description of the activities of the gay lobby in some place and not a homophobic exaggeration?
    One; there are cases of lobbying that intimidates including a certain someone with certain "pledge". Two; Sarah Palin made an unfortunate remark to victimize herself which happened to cause to dig deeper and even if it is out of context, it wasn't necessary to use that phrase. Three, the question should be HOW "the gay lobby is intimidating people?" It would be an exaggeration if you don't have a reason for saying that.

Also, now that Mark Sanford is Congressman... The GOP have finally forfeited their title as the party of "family values".

Isn't this just a typical Republican strategy to make Democratic administration look incompetent despite Obama's stellar foreign policy record just so they can hamper Hilary if she runs in 2016? Even Bill O'Reilly is saying that this is just partisan play now so spare us the fake outrage.
    Worth pointing out that even with Benghazi, Obama has one of the best records on attacks on U.S. embassies.
    Also, now that Mark Sanford is Congressman... The GOP have finally forfeited their title as the party of "family values".
    I'm sure we can expect him to stand up with other Republicans (like Newt Gingrich) to defend marriage
    Pokemon isn't real, I'm sorry

One; there are cases of lobbying that intimidates including a certain someone with certain "pledge". Two; Sarah Palin made an unfortunate remark to victimize herself which happened to cause to dig deeper and even if it is out of context, it wasn't necessary to use that phrase. Three, the question should be HOW "the gay lobby is intimidating people?" It would be an exaggeration if you don't have a reason for saying that.
    Under "One," I have no clue what you mean. What "pledge" are you talking about?

Under "Two," your use of the phrase "victimize herself" is just messed up. The Left in general blamed Sarah Palin, conservative TV and radio, and the Tea Party for something none of them did. And to say "it wasn't necessary to use that phrase" makes it look like the Jews have some kind of trademark on saying "blood libel," which is absurd and you know it.

Under "Three," that's exactly the point! But it actually undermines your point under "Two." In what way is the use of the phrase "blood libel" offensive? Like it's fine to libel someone of bloodshed as long as they're not Jewish!

But to detail the point more clearly, if someone said "the gay lobby [of a certain place] is intimidating people," what would you think if you had heard nothing else? See, when I put it that way, you made the correct statement that you need to find out more information. But if it actually came up, I know a bunch of people would just dismiss it, rather like you did here.

Or, if I could find a source, would you be convinced by hearing the fact that Hagel was one of very few Senators to refuse to sign a letter to the UN to recognize several known terrorist groups as, well, terrorist groups?

(If someone else finds a source, that'd be great. I had a bunch of trouble.)

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    Or, if I could find a source, would you be convinced by hearing the fact that Hagel was one of very few Senators to refuse to sign a letter to the UN to recognize several known terrorist groups as, well, terrorist groups?

(If someone else finds a source, that'd be great. I had a bunch of trouble.)
    http://www.chuckhagel.com/terrorism/

http://www.pjvoice.com/v15/15106letter.html

Hagel Links.
    Stand by for political rant that no one else really cares about.

3DS friend code: 1650 1976 9524

My FS type is Steel with Magneton, Forretress and Bronzong.

Yes, how dare the Republicans look into things like the State Department obstructing justice, or that Hillary signed off on the lax security that is responsible for so many people dead. Or that the Administration's handling of Susan Rice during that weekend interview circuit has seriously damaged our relations with the Libyan Government.

Hillary has a Presidential Campaign to run!

BTW Bill O'Reilly has been saying that the American People deserve to know what happened at Benghazi
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-orei...a-jon-stewart/
    Last edited by BigLutz; 10th May 2013 at 4:20 AM.

Yes, how dare the Republicans look into things like the State Department obstructing justice, or that Hillary signed off on the lax security that is responsible for so many people dead. Or that the Administration's handling of Susan Rice during that weekend interview circuit has seriously damaged our relations with the Libyan Government.

Hillary has a Presidential Campaign to run!

BTW Bill O'Reilly has been saying that the American People deserve to know what happened at Benghazi
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-orei...a-jon-stewart/
    So in order words, you have no freaking idea IF there was a cover-up and that's a big IF.

So in order words, you have no freaking idea IF there was a cover-up and that's a big IF.
    The fact they would not allow people to speak to the Congressional Investigators with out Hillary's "Fix-er" present, or not speak at all speaks volumes that they are attempting to cover up things.

The fact they would not allow people to speak to the Congressional Investigators with out Hillary's "Fix-er" present, or not speak at all speaks volumes that they are attempting to cover up things.
    Oh just stop will ya? This isn't about Republicans finding the truth at all, this is about wanting power, the President's head by impeachment, and stopping Hilary in 2016. I mean heck, where were these numbers of hearings during the Bush Adminstration with oh I don't know,11 embassy attacks?

It's a shame congressional Republicans denied Obama when he asked for more funding for embassy security in 2011.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/20...ity/?mobile=nc

Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    It's a shame congressional Republicans denied Obama when he asked for more funding for embassy security in 2011.

It's a shame the Obama administration sat by and watched its ambassador and embassy staff get killed and then blame the event on a youtube video.

Oh just stop will ya? This isn't about Republicans finding the truth at all, this is about wanting power, the President's head by impeachment, and stopping Hilary in 2016.
    Funny how those can be one and the same.

I mean heck, where were these numbers of hearings during the Bush Adminstration with oh I don't know,11 embassy attacks?
    Possibly because the Bush Administration did not react in ways that could be considered criminal, before, during, and after the event?

Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post

Would not make a bit of difference, the compound did not meet the minimum needed for security as such it never should have been open. At the end of the day it was Hillary Clinton's decision to sign off on a facility that lacked security in the heart of a city gripped by radical islamists.

Funny how those can be one and the same.
    I would have supported your argument if Bush should have been impeached but oh well. Funny how God can only forgive Republicans but not Democrats for some reason.

Possibly because the Bush Administration did not react in ways that could be considered criminal, before, during, and after the event?
    You mean like invading Iraq despite the UN not allowing it?

I would have supported your argument if Bush should have been impeached but oh well. Funny how God can only forgive Republicans but not Democrats for some reason.
    No one is talking about impeaching Obama, right now the investigation is to what the State Department and possibly members of the White House. Now if we find out Hillary personally wanted members of the State Department silenced and carried out activities to make sure they were. THEN we are talking about jail time for her.

You mean like invading Iraq despite the UN not allowing it?
    Never knew when the President signed on to protect the U.S. from threats foreign and domestic he meant "As long as the UN approves it"
    Last edited by BigLutz; 11th May 2013 at 4:55 AM.

Never knew when the President signed on to protect the U.S. from threats foreign and domestic he meant "As long as the UN approves it"
    Iraq was a threat? Since when?

Page 23 of 140 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast