Page 27 of 140 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics: THANKS OBAMA

Quote Originally Posted by Maedar View Post
    Uh, didn't I just say that HER boss already did that? Why does the President have to do everything?
    Possibly because her actions are a indictment on his Big Government policy? Possibly because she was behind the biggest targeting of political opponents since Watergate? Possibly because having a criminal on the tax payer's pay roll looks bad? If he truly hates this then he needs to get her removed, and have a independent investigator like Ken Starr to look into who did what, who knew what, and everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Then you aren't allowed to use CNN, MSNBC or any other left wing source.

See how that sounds? Not much of a debate if you aren't willing to see the other side's sources.
    Fine with me. I tend to stick to network TV anyway. (And btw, those Newsbusters stories on the last page? Yeah, no better than Fox, IMOHO.)

And, Lutz? Maybe he, unlike a lot of people, remember the disaster that the actual Ken Starr caused when he tried that. I trust I don't have to remind you the costly mess he caused that pretty much ruined the GOP's reputation for a while, do I?
    Last edited by Maedar; 26th May 2013 at 3:06 AM.

And, Lutz? Maybe he, unlike a lot of people, remember the disaster that the actual Ken Starr caused when he tried that. I trust I don't have to remind you the costly mess he caused that pretty much ruined the GOP's reputation for a while, do I?
    Doesn't matter, there needs to be some one here that is obsessed with finding the truth, and is acting outside of the Obama Administration. If need be pair him with Patrick J. Fitzgerald who investigated the Plame affair

Unless an article is obviously ridiculous you can bring it up, just don't spend posts talking about the sources themselves and nothing else.

http://news.yahoo.com/justice-depart...185853445.html

The DoJ apparently has been investigating a NYT Reporter as well. So that makes AP, Fox, and NY Times, I wonder how many others have been investigated. The White House really needs to start cleaning house at the DOJ beginning with Holder and continuing on with practically anyone else involved in this or connected to Holder.

So, Bob Dole gives his thoughts on the gridlock in Congress and how he doubted he fit in today's GOP.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...p_ref=politics

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    So, Bob Dole gives his thoughts on the gridlock in Congress and how he doubted he fit in today's GOP.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...p_ref=politics
    At least he had the class not to dig in on a sitting President it's sad that Al Gore and John Kerry or even Jimmy Carter never showed the same restraint

I gotta agree with Bob here.

In fact, seeing as he was a moderate Republican, today's GOP wouldn't like him much either. To them, anyone who isn't a staunch conservative is a RINO who isn't worth their time. That's why Bachmann and Santorum (woefuly incompetant, but incredibly conservative) were popular among the GOP in Iowa, Bachmann even winning the Straw Poll.

Seriously, here's someone who explains it:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...em_117640.html

I gotta agree with Bob here.

In fact, seeing as he was a moderate Republican, today's GOP wouldn't like him much either. To them, anyone who isn't a staunch conservative is a RINO who isn't worth their time. That's why Bachmann and Santorum (woefuly incompetant, but incredibly conservative) were popular among the GOP in Iowa, Bachmann even winning the Straw Poll.

Seriously, here's someone who explains it:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...em_117640.html
    Same could be said about the democrats after joe Lieberman and the blue dogs were railroaded out or attacked

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Same could be said about the democrats after joe Lieberman and the blue dogs were railroaded out or attacked
    I'm not gonna argue with that, although personally, I didn't like Lieberman much myself anyway.

Besides Lieberman, what conservative democrats were kicked out of the party? We still have Manchin, McCatskill, Hietkamp, Pryor, and Begich in the senate, to name a few, compared to both of the moderate Republicans (Collins and Kirk) in the Senate
    Pokemon isn't real, I'm sorry

Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    Besides Lieberman, what conservative democrats were kicked out of the party? We still have Manchin, McCatskill, Hietkamp, Pryor, and Begich in the senate, to name a few, compared to both of the moderate Republicans (Collins and Kirk) in the Senate
    Well I would say the demise of the Blue Dog Democrats shows a widdling away of moderate Democrats. By the way I cannot see how you cannot add Lindsey Graham and John McCain to that list.

Also I would add in just off the top of my head Rep. Jason Altmire in PA-12 and Rep. Tim Holden who were primaried out like Libermann

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...gress-hears-it

Lindsey Graham? The one who has been given an A rating by the NRA and a B rating by the Gun Owners of America, indicating a strong pro-gun stance? Who has also received a rating of 0% from the Human Rights Campaign, a lobby group which promotes LGBT rights in the United States, in each reporting period from 1995–2008, with the exception of 1999, when he received a rating of 9%? Who also voted against same-sex adoptions? Who supports DOMA?

I don't think he's very moderate.

Lindsey Graham? The one who has been given an A rating by the NRA and a B rating by the Gun Owners of America, indicating a strong pro-gun stance? Who has also received a rating of 0% from the Human Rights Campaign, a lobby group which promotes LGBT rights in the United States, in each reporting period from 1995–2008, with the exception of 1999, when he received a rating of 9%? Who also voted against same-sex adoptions? Who supports DOMA?

I don't think he's very moderate.
    He is also the leading advocate for Illegal Immigration reform, and not once but twice has worked on crafting a program with Democrats for comprehensive Immigration Reform.

He also took on Rand Paul during the Drone debate, and has been seen as a more moderate ally of the President as noted by how he shared dinner with the President while Rand Paul was holding the Drone Speech.

He is also the leading advocate for Illegal Immigration reform, and not once but twice has worked on crafting a program with Democrats for comprehensive Immigration Reform.

He also took on Rand Paul during the Drone debate, and has been seen as a more moderate ally of the President as noted by how he shared dinner with the President while Rand Paul was holding the Drone Speech.
    Lutz, people like Donald Trump have been known to be invited to White House dinner parties and events.

Lutz, people like Donald Trump have been known to be invited to White House dinner parties and events.
    Yeah but Trump isnt constantly part of the Gang of Eight, a bi partisan set of Senators that work out deals to push legislation through.

By the way I cannot see how you cannot add Lindsey Graham and John McCain to that list.
    McCain used to be moderate, but he's shifted far to the right
    http://hotair.com/archives/2011/02/2...s-senator-was/
    As for Graham, On The Issues labels him a hard core conservative. He's more liberal than most other Republicans in the Senate, but I wouldn't go as far as to call him a moderate.

McCain used to be moderate, but he's shifted far to the right
    http://hotair.com/archives/2011/02/2...s-senator-was/
    As for Graham, On The Issues labels him a hard core conservative. He's more liberal than most other Republicans in the Senate, but I wouldn't go as far as to call him a moderate.
    Remember that McCain was up for election in 2010, as such he shifted to the far right, and then quickly moved back to the center if not to the left on the issues. His infamous border commercials is laughable now when you look at the Immigration Bill. Also I don't know about you but I would consider the entire Gang of 8 as the biggest group of moderates in the Senate, as that is largely the whole purpose of the Gang of Eight, to provide a moderate bill.

Also I don't know about you but I would consider the entire Gang of 8 as the biggest group of moderates in the Senate, as that is largely the whole purpose of the Gang of Eight, to provide a moderate bill.
    Moderate on the particular issue of immigration, but not necessarily moderate overall. Having one moderate position doesn't make you a moderate

Moderate on the particular issue of immigration, but not necessarily moderate overall. Having one moderate position doesn't make you a moderate
    He also was one of the few Republicans to support the Gun Control measures by the Senate Democrats.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/0...k-gun-control/

Apples and oranges. For decades, Bob Dole was the face of his party. In the 90's, when you thought Republican, you thought Bob Dole. He represented the party. The same can't be said for Lieberman or any Blue Dog. They were never considered mainstream Democrats.

He also was one of the few Republicans to support the Gun Control measures by the Senate Democrats.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/0...k-gun-control/
    Okay, I'll concede to you that McCain is moderate.

Yeah, McCain is a moderate, and it seems his days in the GOP may be numbered. There are already signs that his colleges don't like him much anymore.

Heck, I used to admire him but he made a LOT of mistakes that caused me to stop admiring him. (His choice of VP wasn't the only reason I stopped respecting him, but believe me, that was a big part of it.)

Apples and oranges. For decades, Bob Dole was the face of his party. In the 90's, when you thought Republican, you thought Bob Dole. He represented the party. The same can't be said for Lieberman or any Blue Dog. They were never considered mainstream Democrats.
    Libermann would have been Vice President if Al Gore had been elected, I would say that is pretty high up in party recognition. But furthermore his accusation that he would be ran out of the party these days looks pretty pathetic when you have Chris Christie one of the suggested candidates for 2016 playing carnival games with Barack Obama.

The House Judiciary Committee has begun to investigate Holder for perjury.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/2...older-perjury/
    Last edited by BigLutz; 29th May 2013 at 6:19 PM.

Libermann would have been Vice President if Al Gore had been elected, I would say that is pretty high up in party recognition.
    You can pick anyone to be your running mate, it doesn't make them a mainstream democrat. By your logic, John McCain was a mainstream democrat because Kerry considered making him his running mate.
    But furthermore his accusation that he would be ran out of the party these days looks pretty pathetic when you have Chris Christie one of the suggested candidates for 2016 playing carnival games with Barack Obama.
    Christie doesn't have a chance in 2016, he's considered a RINO and polling shows him to be hated within the Republican party. He's very far from being a mainstream Republican. Look at Jon Huntsman, he was very, very conservative, but he was destroyed in 2012 for being too moderate.

You can pick anyone to be your running mate, it doesn't make them a mainstream democrat. By your logic, John McCain was a mainstream democrat because Kerry considered making him his running mate.
    There is a difference between being "mainstream" and party recognition and representation. Mind you one could say that Kerry considered picking John McCain because of those same qualities, how much he was recognized within the party and his representation of it. Joe Libermann represented a military aspect and Jewish aspect of the Democratic party and was largely a pretty big face of it in the 90s, and early 00s.

Christie doesn't have a chance in 2016, he's considered a RINO and polling shows him to be hated within the Republican party. He's very far from being a mainstream Republican. Look at Jon Huntsman, he was very, very conservative, but he was destroyed in 2012 for being too moderate.
    Mitt Romney and John McCain were also very moderate choices considering their history. John Huntsman did not have any real name recognition with him and largely shot himself in the foot with his own mouth.

Mind you however I am not talking about his chances or lack there of, I am speaking about how absurd it is of Dole to say that he would be kicked out of the party for his moderate views when the party has elected two moderates in the past two cycles, and looks to have another moderate try for a third nomination.
    Last edited by BigLutz; 29th May 2013 at 9:52 PM.

Page 27 of 140 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast