Page 3 of 140 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics: THANKS OBAMA

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    So instead of helping pass atleast a Plan B to save the country the Democrats are engaging in "Political Theater" against their own idea.
    I love this idea that it is only the democrats that are playing Political Theater when there is turmoil. Both sides are playing for favor, However the democrats are in a stronger position of gain while the Gop can only lose. The Republicans need to realize that they lost and that america by and large support the Democrats. They are elected officials and need to do what the Majority of the people want. The Millenials want to keep Grannys medicare-caid and that is where the GOP needs to start at. Interview the Silent generation saying that it is ok to cut the programs. Most people feel bad about thinking about doing that.

Thanks to treeco123

LIGHT SIDE HAS CUPCAKES
    DARK SIDE OFFERS COOKIES
    JOIN THE DERPY SIDE.... WE GOT MUFFINS

Quote Originally Posted by ebilly99 View Post
    I love this idea that it is only the democrats that are playing Political Theater when there is turmoil. Both sides are playing for favor, However the democrats are in a stronger position of gain while the Gop can only lose. The Republicans need to realize that they lost and that america by and large support the Democrats. They are elected officials and need to do what the Majority of the people want. The Millenials want to keep Grannys medicare-caid and that is where the GOP needs to start at. Interview the Silent generation saying that it is ok to cut the programs. Most people feel bad about thinking about doing that.
    Well here is the problem, the public also elected a majority in the House, so to say the Republican's lost is false when it comes to that body of power. Also if the Millinials wish to keep Granny's medicare card then they need to tell the Democrats that changes need to be made.
    "No. I don't agree with him on a LOT of issues. Unlike most Republicans, who are blindly loyal to their party" ~ Maedar on Barack Obama

Well here is the problem, the public also elected a majority in the House, so to say the Republican's lost is false when it comes to that body of power. Also if the Millinials wish to keep Granny's medicare card then they need to tell the Democrats that changes need to be made.
    The fact is that more Red states were up for Election in the house then blue states. That makes it a net gain. however Blue states won with more margin than red states. Not to mention new division in states allowed Red states to stay in power. That said have the Republicans even put one plan that can work mathematically (Not might be math but solid math) If so link.

Thanks to treeco123

LIGHT SIDE HAS CUPCAKES
    DARK SIDE OFFERS COOKIES

The Republicans need to realize that they lost and that america by and large support the Democrats. They are elected officials and need to do what the Majority of the people want.
    I have seen you making this type of nonsensical statement somewhat often about what conservatives should do. Have you ever suggested the same about liberals?

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    I have seen you making this type of nonsensical statement somewhat often about what conservatives should do. Have you ever suggested the same about liberals?
    When they lose yes. The democrats need to consider a proposal of 3 to one budget to tax. For every 3 dollars of budget reform we need one new dollar of new revenue. (Taxes, inflation or other) It's just that the Dems are the winners right now and don't need my advice right now

Thanks to treeco123

LIGHT SIDE HAS CUPCAKES
    DARK SIDE OFFERS COOKIES

The fact is that more Red states were up for Election in the house then blue states. That makes it a net gain. however Blue states won with more margin than red states. Not to mention new division in states allowed Red states to stay in power. That said have the Republicans even put one plan that can work mathematically (Not might be math but solid math) If so link.
    Umm dude all house seats are up for election every two years. And if Democrats cannot make significant inroads in the house after the 2010 butt whooping then they are in trouble.
    "No. I don't agree with him on a LOT of issues. Unlike most Republicans, who are blindly loyal to their party" ~ Maedar on Barack Obama

Umm dude all house seats are up for election every two years. And if Democrats cannot make significant inroads in the house after the 2010 butt whooping then they are in trouble.
    And here's the thing, the Tea Party now has become a liability for the GOP so what worked for them in 2010 won't work in 2014. There's a Republican majority in the House because of gerrymandering.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    And here's the thing, the Tea Party now has become a liability for the GOP so what worked for them in 2010 won't work in 2014.
    Worked for them pretty well in 2012 when it comes to House seats, any reason to think that will change with lower Democratic turnout?

There's a Republican majority in the House because of gerrymandering.
    Which merely shows the Democrats are losing the long game in terms of gaining Governorships

Huh. One could suppose that attention will steadily drift away from Congress and toward the 50 states in America as we grasp and inch toward an information society, and at least one major system of belief might be positioned to stream alongside economic progress in this and other countries.:

American Spectator: Mark Tooley: Thankful for Christmas Commercialization

Salvation isn’t the soul (pun completely intended) benefit of Christianity’s globalization. While the Gospel gets plastered across America, Christmas music provides “evangelistic outreach” and “moral uplift”. One might think that this message of warmth and freedom would be welcome, but at least some Chinese college students fear some sort of cultural contamination. Even other Christians seemed to wax nostalgic for whatever “gritty edginess” existed in New York City in past decades, but as Christian entrepreneurs generate new wealth in the market, they invariably fuel the “vast new middle class” rising up throughout the world… nullifying many traditional cultures in the process. One might think that big and small businesses would welcome this shift, but perhaps the latter is more fearful of any fiscal fiasco than we’d like.:

Wall Street Journal: Kimberly Strassel: Big Business Sells Out Small Business

The letter from the Business Roundtable is interesting, with signatures from the likes of Boeing, Dow Chemical, Honeywell, Ameriprise, Campbell Soup, Bank of America, Caterpillar, CSX, Comcast, Chesapeake Energy, Citigroup, Dell, First Solar, General Electric, McGraw-Hill, Navistar, Pfizer, State Farm, Time Warner, and even TransCanada. It calls for “meaningful structural and benefit entitlement reforms and spending reductions… without undermining the broader reforms both parties believe should be pursued”, and the National Federation of Independent Business, the main group representing smaller businesses, isn’t too happy about this letter. One wonders what businesses of all sizes across America intend to do as Inauguration Day 2013 approaches, and yet, by this point, I find myself puzzled about the lack of considerations for consolidation and simplification on these and other specific types of taxes, even from President Barack Obama and House Speaker John Boehner. I suppose that it’ll be all that they can do during these transitions across North America.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 26th December 2012 at 3:17 PM.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

Worked for them pretty well in 2012 when it comes to House seats, any reason to think that will change with lower Democratic turnout?

Which merely shows the Democrats are losing the long game in terms of gaining Governorships
    To be fair, the Tea Party has been a disaster in terms of Senate seats. And in 2012, Republicans kept a majority while actually losing the popular vote. Pretty rare event in history and not a good indicator. It's unfortunate how polarized both sides have become.

What about Joe Walsh and Allen West? The latter lost despite being in a Republican district because it turns out a number of Republicans voted for Patrick Murphy instead.

Well, that can change especially concerning Florida and Michigan because we know how popular the governors are there.

Yes because losing eight seats in a huge victory.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

What about Joe Walsh and Allen West? The latter lost despite being in a Republican district because it turns out a number of Republicans voted for Patrick Murphy instead.
    Again not all seats will be safe, but in a election with high Democratic turnout the fact that they cannot beat back the 2010 Republican wave for the house says something.

Well, that can change especially concerning Florida and Michigan because we know how popular the governors are there.
    And yet they still have to win, and so far the Democrats are not doing that, holding a mere 18 Governorships to the Republicans 30

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Lawmakers prepare to tackle state pension shortfalls

Hmm… Count Pennsylvania among the states testing a so-called “defined contribution plan”, in which a specified amount of earned money from a company is set aside for employee benefits. New Governor Tom Corbett wants to overhaul employee retirement systems, whether they involve state employees or public school employees, since their focus on benefits is relatively underfunded. Pennsylvania State Senator Dominic Pileggi believes that “enrolling new employees in a defined contribution plan” would prevent them from incurring any liabilities for the current plans, with alignment of public sector pensions with private sector ones as the main goal. If I may offer a new anecdote, the last time I heard of pension funds, they were in the middle of measures to divest from… Iran. One might think it would be even wiser to accelerate any outflow from the Middle East as Iran and its allies implode.:

Fox News Channel: Syrian General Who Led Military Police Reportedly Defects to Rebels, Says Army Has Become ‘Gang for Killing’

General Abdul-Aziz Jassem Al-Shalal, formerly Bashar Assad’s top military policeman, has now bolted, presumably with a good chunk of intelligence on any movements of Syrian military units, continuing a stream of defections that has marked this all-too-bloody conflict. As rebel units accelerate their attacks against military bases, Deputy Foreign Minister Faisal Mekdad has flown to Moscow to continue discussing the regime’s prospective collapse and its aftermath, however chaotic it’s likely to be, which could make our current pension problem look very mild by contrast.:

Washington Post: Syria opposition activists expect rocky transition after Assad’s fall
    Voice of America: James Brooke: Kremlin’s Syria Policy Hurts Russia’s Position in Arab World

Temporary structures… or perpetual bloodbaths? Turkey may very well be hosting the Syrian opposition nowadays, but certain leaders in the Free Syrian Army have found themselves completely sidelined during this sectarian metamorphosis. As jihadists filtered into the country from the rest of the Sunni Arab part of the Islamic Community, we ended up tied down, and Syrian activists had to turn to the United States Institute of Peace for recommendations about legal and electoral systems, social policy, and war crimes preparations. Once Assad gets thrown out, the same militia commanders who fought against him might now have incentives to turn their weaponry against each other, and the Russians are washing their hands of the country. Lebanese Sheikh Walid Taboush argues that “Russia has lost support throughout the Arab world” after having supported Syria and Iran, and the Carnegie Middle East Center’s Paul Salem appears to agree. Judging from that alliance between the Muslim Brotherhood and the House of Thani, there may be little else that Russia can do, but at least it can look a little further east.:

Eurasia Review: South Asia Analysis Group: Subhash Kapila: Russia-India Strategic Partnership 2012: Contextual Imperatives for Enhancement

President Vladimir Putin flew to New Delhi for a meeting with India’s Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to update the partnership that these two countries have been setting up, thereby countering strategic threats from Pakistan and China. Interestingly, President Barack Obama himself has nudged things along just a bit with our pivot to East Asia, and smaller countries such as Vietnam are increasing their own engagements across the broader region and continent. The Chinese Communists and any more violent revolutionary groups would have to eye this new partnership as warily as they can, but Democrats and Republicans alike could welcome this trend, no matter their overall alignments.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 27th December 2012 at 1:49 AM.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

And yet they still have to win, and so far the Democrats are not doing that, holding a mere 18 Governorships to the Republicans 30
    19 to 30 actually. And remember, most of these came from 2010 and as Silver Soul pointed out, because of the tea party, what worked in 2010 won't work in 2014 when 26 seats will be up for grabs.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    19 to 30 actually. And remember, most of these came from 2010 and as Silver Soul pointed out, because of the tea party, what worked in 2010 won't work in 2014 when 26 seats will be up for grabs.
    And praytell why won't it work? Do you have any amazing insight into it, or is it "Just because of the tea party"

"Just because of the tea party" sounds like a legitimate reason.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFreeJazz View Post
    "Just because of the tea party" sounds like a legitimate reason.
    I am sick and tired of hearing excuses about why things aren't getting done. I want to see results. The buck stops with Obama. He's the guy in charge, not us.

From this moment on, 'Just because of XYZ' is the new 'The dog ate my homework'.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

On the other hand, maybe there are Marxists of any kind across America – whatever label they apply to themselves – who’ve seen and sensed the transition to an information society and concluded that this global modernization nullifies the concept of a collective-oriented utopia, so they’ve settled for unleashing as much damage as they can, whether their activities involve targeting businesses of any size or locking down as many programs and positions within this country’s government as possible, from Social Security to public and private pensions. I wasn’t unsympathetic to the concerns of the Tea Partiers, but now, I’m genuinely concerned that they underestimated the sense of finality taking hold across the planet. Anyone doubting this drive to escape, or get away, from these and other global shifts can just ask the Muslim Brotherhood, especially Supreme Guide Mohammed Badie, or the House of Thani.:

Ahram: State institutions pressured to stifle internal opposition to Morsi
    Ahram: President Morsi could face a summer of discontent

Hmm… I smell disorganization among Egypt’s diplomats, which I can’t imagine they’d enjoy for any length of time. Foreign Minister Mohamed Kamel Amr is attempting to warn lower-ranking diplomats to avoid “overt opposition” to President Muhammad Morsi, and many of them declined to observe that recent referendum. These diplomats are mostly worried about Egypt’s foreign policy, which presumably is deteriorating beyond their ability to manage. Employees at other state-run entities, such as radio and television stations, are encountering similar forms of pressure, having had to arrange interviews with increasing numbers of Muslim Brotherhood operatives. Morsi, Badie, and their associates could find themselves more and more bogged down as alienation starts spreading upward into the higher ranks of their regime, even into the summer of 2013, and as of now, foreign investors are keeping their money out, citing incessant intervention from the Guidance Office in economic and social policies in Egypt. Farouk Al-Okda of the Egyptian Central Bank and Finance Minister Momtaz Al-Saeed have looked for opportunities to get out of the country and stay clear of the coming economic hardships, among other Egyptians who quite likely share similar intentions. Assuming that the United States’ regular energy companies start getting up to speed on that energy revolution of ours throughout this continent, those two men, Coptic businesspersons, and even some of Egypt’s military commanders caught between the Muslim Brotherhood and other socialists mobilizing to take control of Egypt for themselves might have an opening.:

American Petroleum Institute: Reid Porter: API Report: Oil and natural gas industry spent $252 billion since 1990 on environment protection

There was a recent survey regarding expenditures on environmental projects undertaken by oil and natural gas companies in America starting in 1990 and ending last year, toward a grand total of $252.8 billion. The bulk of the money was spent on refinement, exploration, and production capabilities, steered toward improvements in air and water. The numbers might prove interesting in and of themselves.:

• About $9 billion in ongoing activities and $78 million in corporate programs in 1992
    • $7.052 billion in ongoing activities and $183 million in corporate programs in 1997
    • $6.65 billion in ongoing activities and $118 million in corporate programs in 1999
    • About $8.9 billion in ongoing activities and $122 million in corporate programs in 2005
    • $2.274 billion in air improvement, $2.764 billion in water improvement, and $933 million in other projects in 1990
    • $3.628 billion in air improvement, $2.122 billion in water improvement, and $875 million in other projects in 1997
    • $4.054 billion in air improvement, $2.337 billion in water improvement, and $690 million in other projects in 2003

It might be a matter of time before these energy companies pull President Barack Obama toward their orbit, turning him into an energy pioneer and leaving environmental extremists – and Sharia sheikhdoms – in the dust, so to speak, but also accelerating any perceptions that freedom, individuality, and modernization have outdone collective identity anywhere. If the Tea Partiers start getting the idea to rally around these energy companies, then North America will and should be on its way, making “right-wing” and “left-wing” just about meaningless as concepts.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 28th December 2012 at 1:14 AM.

Again not all seats will be safe, but in a election with high Democratic turnout the fact that they cannot beat back the 2010 Republican wave for the house says something.

And I want to point out, how about the Republican primaries? Mitch McConnell may feared about there might be someone Tea Party-backed running against him in 2014 which explains a lot of filibusters as he doesn't want to anger the Tea Party. John Boehner may not be House Speaker any longer due to being unable to control his own caucus judging from recent actions. The point I'm trying to make is that going right-wing may attract the base but on national level, it may backfire.

And I want to point out, how about the Republican primaries? Mitch McConnell may feared about there might be someone Tea Party-backed running against him in 2014 which explains a lot of filibusters as he doesn't want to anger the Tea Party. John Boehner may not be House Speaker any longer due to being unable to control his own caucus judging from recent actions. The point I'm trying to make is that going right-wing may attract the base but on national level, it may backfire.
    Which I would suggest works REALLY well when you have a election like 2014 and 2010 when it is all about attracting the base.

Which I would suggest works REALLY well when you have a election like 2014 and 2010 when it is all about attracting the base.
    And oh boy, when the national level comes in 2016... that will be a different story. As the next elections will come, there are still conflicts going on between GOP and Tea Party.

The Tea party is tearing up the GOP. By 2014, the Tea party will be of no relevance. If they are, Republicans will lose the 2016 election.

And oh boy, when the national level comes in 2016... that will be a different story. As the next elections will come, there are still conflicts going on between GOP and Tea Party.
    How will it be a different story? The Democrats saving grace right now is Hillary, who seems to merely want to return to private life. Otherwise you guys are stuck with.... Joe Biden

Quote Originally Posted by miles0624
    The Tea party is tearing up the GOP. By 2014, the Tea party will be of no relevance. If they are, Republicans will lose the 2016 election.
    Didn't the liberals say the same thing about the 2010 elections?

Obama is going to be tried very soon by the longshoreman threatening to strike. If they go on strike major ports around the east coast would be effectively crippled throwing another wrench into the already broken economy. Obama has the power to prohibit them from striking. However, the kind of people that are threatening this strike were some of his biggest supporters-the working class. Obama can either show he cares about this country by not allowing this strike, or he can show what IMO he truly is-a politician more worried about not ticking off his voters.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Page 3 of 140 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast