Page 6 of 140 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics: THANKS OBAMA

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20961651

Dear Obama administration: **** OFF.

I mean I know the man is a freedom-hating demagogue but that doesn't give his administration the right to lecture us on wishing to actually define our own political agenda.

So Mike Huckabee is complaining about Obama for lack of diversity in his Cabinet. Yeah, like he should be the one to talk...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...p_ref=politics

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    So Mike Huckabee is complaining about Obama for lack of diversity in his Cabinet. Yeah, like he should be the one to talk...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...p_ref=politics
    Gotta go with what Bloomberg said today.

"President Barack Obama suffers from Groucho Marx syndrome: He favors those in the club he doesn’t belong to. Otherwise how to explain why he is fighting for Chuck Hagel to be secretary of defense but didn’t for Susan Rice to be secretary of state?

At the rate he is going, Obama is going to have a Cabinet that looks more like the Augusta National Golf Club than America. The four top Cabinet posts will probably go to white men: John Kerry at State; Jack Lew at Treasury; Hagel; and the replacement for Attorney General Eric Holder at Justice — the short list of which consists of, you guessed it, men.

Obama to Mitt Romney: Could you please send me your binders full of women?"

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...-of-women.html
    "No. I don't agree with him on a LOT of issues. Unlike most Republicans, who are blindly loyal to their party" ~ Maedar on Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Gotta go with what Bloomberg said today.

"President Barack Obama suffers from Groucho Marx syndrome: He favors those in the club he doesn’t belong to. Otherwise how to explain why he is fighting for Chuck Hagel to be secretary of defense but didn’t for Susan Rice to be secretary of state?

At the rate he is going, Obama is going to have a Cabinet that looks more like the Augusta National Golf Club than America. The four top Cabinet posts will probably go to white men: John Kerry at State; Jack Lew at Treasury; Hagel; and the replacement for Attorney General Eric Holder at Justice — the short list of which consists of, you guessed it, men.

Obama to Mitt Romney: Could you please send me your binders full of women?"

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...-of-women.html
    If you guys truly care about diversity in the Cabinet, we could have gotten Susan Rice instead of John Kerry as Secretary of State but you'll be angry about it anyways. Obama is savvy about that he can't please the Republicans in ANYTHING he does so he may have chose Hagel as Secretary of Defense to troll the party due to his criticism of Israel.

And another thing, the last thing a Republican should be complaining is about lack of diversity because the Republicans did vote for Santorum in the 2012 GOP primaries. Also, Arkansas Republican Rep. Tom Cotton said that women in infantry roles could impair mission because of their "nature".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2439468.html

If you guys truly care about diversity in the Cabinet, we could have gotten Susan Rice instead of John Kerry as Secretary of State but you'll be angry about it anyways. Obama is savvy about that he can't please the Republicans in ANYTHING he does so he may have chose Hagel as Secretary of Defense to troll the party due to his criticism of Israel.
    I believe it was the Democrats criticism of Susan Rice that ended up sinking her, specifically when it started to come out about her Keystone Pipeline investments, whispers of her 'undiplomatic temperament', and her sympathy with African dictators. At the end of the day she screwed herself badly on Libya, especially after talking to the Senators, but that isn't enough to draw disaffected Democrats over during a messy confrontation, when you start to pile on her other problems then you start to get some Democrats to jump ship.

Besides as we have seen with Lew and Hagel, Obama does not really care about getting a bipartisan agreement on his choices.

And another thing, the last thing a Republican should be complaining is about lack of diversity because the Republicans did vote for Santorum in the 2012 GOP primaries. Also, Arkansas Republican Rep. Tom Cotton said that women in infantry roles could impair mission because of their "nature".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2439468.html
    And neither of those are the President? You are scraping the bottom to defend Obama arntcha?
    "No. I don't agree with him on a LOT of issues. Unlike most Republicans, who are blindly loyal to their party" ~ Maedar on Barack Obama

I believe it was the Democrats criticism of Susan Rice that ended up sinking her, specifically when it started to come out about her Keystone Pipeline investments, whispers of her 'undiplomatic temperament', and her sympathy with African dictators. At the end of the day she screwed herself badly on Libya, especially after talking to the Senators, but that isn't enough to draw disaffected Democrats over during a messy confrontation, when you start to pile on her other problems then you start to get some Democrats to jump ship.

Besides as we have seen with Lew and Hagel, Obama does not really care about getting a bipartisan agreement on his choices.
    It's one thing to discuss about the cons of Obama's choices but diversity isn't one of them. It's like choosing the less-experienced Sarah Palin for vice presidential pick over someone more suitable just for her gender.

And neither of those are the President? You are scraping the bottom to defend Obama arntcha?
    One of them which was the Presidential candidate not too long ago so... just pointing out the hypocrisy.

It's one thing to discuss about the cons of Obama's choices but diversity isn't one of them. It's like choosing the less-experienced Sarah Palin for vice presidential pick over someone more suitable just for her gender.
    Democrats like Charles Rangel and the media will disagree with you. But then again the Obama Presidency has been called a Boys Club for over a year now.

http://swampland.time.com/2011/09/21...woman-problem/

One of them which was the Presidential candidate not too long ago so... just pointing out the hypocrisy.
    Presidential Candidate =/= President

And I have yet to see you respond to the criticism from the left on Obama's woman problem.

Democrats like Charles Rangel and the media will disagree with you. But then again the Obama Presidency has been called a Boys Club for over a year now.

http://swampland.time.com/2011/09/21...woman-problem/
    It's not his fault the coalition of McCain, Graham, and Libermann sabotaged Rice into running for the nomination. The cabinet hasn't finished filling up yet and I thought we should be picking the best people for the job, not just their gender especially in hard times.

Presidential Candidate =/= President

And I have yet to see you respond to the criticism from the left on Obama's woman problem.
    He already appointed TWO women into the Supreme Court! Geez, Obama hasn't even finished filling in his cabinet and you all are already complaining? Since when you Republicans are for affirmative action anyway? I guess it's because of a certain nominee who had the lowest percentage of Latino voters last election.

It's not his fault the coalition of McCain, Graham, and Libermann sabotaged Rice into running for the nomination.
    It has been what? Two posts on my part, and you are repeating the same lies? Seriously do you read what I say, or do I need to start posting links to back up on what sunk Rice?

he cabinet hasn't finished filling up yet and I thought we should be picking the best people for the job, not just their gender especially in hard times.
    I am all for that but...

A: Democrats decided that women in the work place was a massive deal ever since the "Binders full of Women" comment, now Obama needs to live up to it.

B: Obama's White House has been ran in a way that would be consider a hostile workplace.

He already appointed TWO women into the Supreme Court! Geez, Obama hasn't even finished filling in his cabinet and you all are already complaining? Since when you Republicans are for affirmative action anyway? I guess it's because of a certain nominee who had the lowest percentage of Latino voters last election.
    Republicans became the party of Affirmative Action when Democrats, and I believe that included you, decided that Romney talking about staffing his Governorship and Future Presidency with women was something of ridicule.

It has been what? Two posts on my part, and you are repeating the same lies? Seriously do you read what I say, or do I need to start posting links to back up on what sunk Rice?

I am all for that but...

A: Democrats decided that women in the work place was a massive deal ever since the "Binders full of Women" comment, now Obama needs to live up to it.

B: Obama's White House has been ran in a way that would be consider a hostile workplace.

Republicans became the party of Affirmative Action when Democrats, and I believe that included you, decided that Romney talking about staffing his Governorship and Future Presidency with women was something of ridicule.
    Last I checked, the President didn't support bills for required transvaginal ultrasound tests or banning abortions with no exemptions including rape and incest.

Last I checked, the President didn't support bills for required transvaginal ultrasound tests or banning abortions with no exemptions including rape and incest.
    And so that suddenly absolves Obama from having a hostile workplace, or ridiculing Romney on hiring women when he has his own problem doing so? Seriously can't we have a debate with out these red herrings?

Maybe the Equestrian Principality will be able to offer a few pointers on femaleness as a deeper principle, and I would find any remaining concerns or doubts about my overall view dispelled. Less than 10 days from President Barack Hussein Obama’s second inauguration, my mind is alert for any new shifts worldwide, and I can’t thank the sources from which I drew my inspiration for that shift in October-November 2011 enough. Even now, one of those sources of inspiration could be positioned to welcome some new friends bringing her country into this century.:

Cable-Satellite Public Affairs Network: United States Congress: Congressional Gold Medal Ceremony for Aung San Suu Kyi
    Irrawaddy: Myint Thin: Japan and the Peace Process in Burma

House Speaker John Boehner gave the introduction to that ceremony on September 19, 2012, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and Senators John McCain and Dianne Feinstein each spoke highly of Aung San Suu Kyi’s commitment to Burmese freedom. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and former First Lady Laura Bush were also among the attendees, recalling their respective husbands’ activities toward that Southeast Asian country. It was McConnell in particular who has a personal connection in all this, having called for recognition of Burmese independence for the past two decades. After that time of idealism, peaceful resistance, and civil obedience, Ms. Suu Kyi and her National League for Democracy are looking ahead, and other countries are charging in. Indeed, Japan has already dispatched relief supplies to reconcile ethnic minorities inside Burma, such as the Karens and the Kachins, with its former military regime, building on efforts in place on the part of the Nippon Foundation. It once provided assistance for leprosy and other health projects, and this past October, Burmese officials, presumably with the approval of new President Thein Sein, signed a memorandum of understanding allowing that direct delivery, which could open the way for other non-Burmese entities, such as American companies, to follow with their own arrangements. Bipartisanship in defense of freedom, harmony, individuality, and modernization will always be welcome, and hopefully, the methods will remain comprehensive and thorough.:

US News and World Report: Paul Shinkman: You’ve Never Seen a Defense Budget Like This
    National Review: John O’Sullivan: How to Listen to the Radio

The pivot to Asia and the emergence of cyberwarfare, especially with Iran, has the American government scrambling to assess its military capabilities, but at this point, to my mind, Chinese nationalism could necessitate a bit of consistency, both in national defense and in health care modernization. There’s a new strategic report from the Defense Department calling for production of new computer systems in air and sea scenarios, long-range stealth planes, ships and submarines, and ICBM-intercepting lasers. I could also think of electromagnetic shields in case any weakened countries start to implode, or certain Chinese officials leap ahead of popular discontent, expressing fury that their country is once again encircled and could even see a sort of final showdown. Millions of people elsewhere across the planet could be drawn to radio and high-technology media platforms to access the debates surrounding the United States’ existential mission, with oversight from the Broadcasting Board of Governors, gradually developing their own opinions and inching toward more active participation in authoritarian countries. Incredibly, something weird has happened at Radio Free Europe, courtesy of one Steven Korn. Mikhail Gorbachev was among the Russian activists staunchly opposed to a recent decision to fire several dozen journalists in favor of more “normal” reports out of Moscow – also back in September. One might think that American media networks would have been all over this, but it ended up restricted until Judy Bachrach from the World Affairs Journal picked it up. For whatever this is worth, Korn is now out, and Bachrach is still attempting to record the fallout as dutifully as she can. As I recall my past efforts to track any confrontations between Russian President Vladimir Putin on one side, the Islamic Liberation Party on another, and various corrupt Russian officials on still another, I feel as though I’m staring at a cloud of smoke blanketing that massive country, or at least its capital and all surrounding areas. Russia and China could move against each other for greater control within Eurasia, and America, India, Japan, Australia, and their other allies all along the Indian and Pacific Oceans would need to move in to contain the fallout as much as possible, through either constant upgrades to their military networks, presumably for defense, or, even better, emphases on our common principles.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 12th January 2013 at 5:25 PM.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

Meh, he may be a Israel hater but there are bigger battles to fight with the debt ceiling and those nuts advocating for the $1 Trillion Dollar coin.

Should be interesting to see how Democrats hold their nose for this pick, especially since he opposes ALL abortions even in cases of rape.

But hey, on the bright side atleast Iran is happy about it
    Yeah bu he will be secretary of defence, rather then secretary of abortions.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Yeah bu he will be secretary of defence, rather then secretary of abortions.
    Problem is that Democrats spent the last year destroying anyone who dare question banning abortion. If they did not believe those people had the mental capacity to hold office, why support this guy?

Problem is that Democrats spent the last year destroying anyone who dare question banning abortion. If they did not believe those people had the mental capacity to hold office, why support this guy?
    Some of them basicly destroyed themselves on that though. I remember 2 of them saying that a women doesn't get pregnant from rape..

Some of them basicly destroyed themselves on that though. I remember 2 of them saying that a women doesn't get pregnant from rape..
    One said that, the other said that if a woman gets pregnant through rape, it is something God intended.

Perhaps because the others were running for an office where they could potentially vote to abolish abortion? I don't think many people would care about the social policies of the Secretary of Defense.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    Perhaps because the others were running for an office where they could potentially vote to abolish abortion? I don't think many people would care about the social policies of the Secretary of Defense.
    The problem is that it went beyond questioning how he would vote on abolishing abortion on not. These people were demonized by Democrats, many suggesting that they are idiots, or that they are somehow insane for their views. I cannot see how if people who have those views are some how insane, that you should then be able to hold such a high ranking position.

I mean even you have to admit it is hypocritical for someone who holds a view that is a key issue on the left's so called "War on Women" be placed into a position by the same left where his opinion would conduct a actual war.

The problem is that it went beyond questioning how he would vote on abolishing abortion on not. These people were demonized by Democrats, many suggesting that they are idiots, or that they are somehow insane for their views. I cannot see how if people who have those views are some how insane, that you should then be able to hold such a high ranking position.

I mean even you have to admit it is hypocritical for someone who holds a view that is a key issue on the left's so called "War on Women" be placed into a position by the same left where his opinion would conduct a actual war.
    And yet when it comes to birth control, it's war on religion in order to stir up the evangelical vote but look how that turned out. The growing majority of Americans from last election were pro-choice. The problem is that, they just flat out said it just like how Santorum said that a rape baby is a gift from God and that you must make a best out of a bad situation. It exposes them as far-right and unemphatic towards the actual rape victims which actually turns off moderate voters.
    Last edited by Silver Soul; 15th January 2013 at 5:39 AM.

And yet when it comes to birth control, it's war on religion in order to stir up the evangelical vote but look how that turned out. The growing majority of Americans from last election were pro-choice. The problem is that, they just flat out said it just like how Santorum said that a rape baby is a gift from God and that you must make a best out of a bad situation. It exposes them as far-right and unemphatic towards the actual rape victims which actually turns off moderate voters.
    And yet the Democrats now push some one who wants no exception for rape? But honestly my biggest problems are with him and Israel and Iran.
    Last edited by BigLutz; 15th January 2013 at 6:26 AM.

And yet the Democrats now push some one who wants no exception for rape?
    Obama is nominating him for not being hungry of war and actually willing to give criticism to Israel which for some reason makes him an anti-Semite. If Obama nominated him to get a reaction from the GOP out of spite, then it worked.

Also, don't boo Obama for the Democrats getting two Senate seats, boo the GOP for getting the wrong type of candidates nominated.
    Last edited by Silver Soul; 15th January 2013 at 6:47 AM.

Obama is nominating him for not being hungry of war and actually willing to give criticism to Israel which for some reason makes him an anti-Semite. If Obama nominated him to get a reaction from the GOP out of spite, then it worked.
    Lets look at what Chuck Hagel has done with Israel shall we?

- In August 2006, Hagel was one of only 12 Senators who refused to write the EU asking them to declare Hezbollah a terrorist organization.

- In October 2000, Hagel was one of only 4 Senators who refused to sign a Senate letter in support of Israel.

- In November 2001, Hagel was one of only 11 Senators who refused to sign a letter urging President Bush not to meet with the late Yassir Arafat until his forces ended the violence against Israel.

- In December 2005, Hagel was one of only 27 who refused to sign a letter to President Bush to pressure the Palestinian Authority to ban terrorist groups from participating in Palestinian legislative elections.

- In June 2004, Hagel refused to sign a letter urging President Bush to highlight Iran’s nuclear program at the G-8 summit.

"Hagel, who served as president and CEO of the World USO from 1987 to 1990, expressed intense opposition to the USO Haifa Center during a tumultuous 1989 meeting with Jewish leaders, according to multiple sources involved in the fight to keep the post open.

“He said to me, ‘Let the Jews pay for it’,” said Marsha Halteman, director for military and law enforcement programs at the Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA), which led the battle to keep USO Haifa operational."

"The Jewish lobby intimidates a lot of people up here," but as he put it, "I'm a United States senator. I'm not an Israeli senator."

I would say his negative attachment of Jews to any support of Israel makes him an anti-semite.

But we can also look at his continued support for terrorist organizations or well... anyone that wishes to attack Israel, and it is clear where his allegiance lands.

Also, don't boo Obama for the Democrats getting two Senate seats, boo the GOP for getting the wrong type of candidates nominated.
    I don't boo them for winning, I boo them for being hypocrites.

And yet the Democrats now push some one who wants no exception for rape? But honestly my biggest problems are with him and Israel and Iran.
    Oh I agree with that, well not so much for Israel because I believe they can fend for themselves mostly. (Really don't underestemate Israel they have an insane military) Why does the USA bother so much about how someone feels about israel? (Same can be told about my own country to a lesser extend) But here is a question, isn't a secretary supposed to follow the administration he or she works for?

Oh I agree with that, well not so much for Israel because I believe they can fend for themselves mostly. (Really don't underestemate Israel they have an insane military) Why does the USA bother so much about how someone feels about israel? (Same can be told about my own country to a lesser extend)
    Did you not see the list I posted, Hagel's belief isn't "Israel can fend for itself" Hagel has shown over and over again to support terrorist groups, and evil regimes like Iran, which I might add celebrated the announcement of Hagel.

But here is a question, isn't a secretary supposed to follow the administration he or she works for?
    The Secretary of Defense is the defacto Commander in Chief, the President may have authority in the end but it is the Secretary of Defense that pretty much runs the military. Something that may end up being a problem as Hagel has shown a unwillingness to attack Iran to stop them from gaining a nuclear weapon.

I agree, it is rather hypocritical. Still, in the position of Secretary of defense, social policies do take a backseat. Doesn't make it any less hypocritical though.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Page 6 of 140 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast