Page 7 of 140 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics: THANKS OBAMA

Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    I agree, it is rather hypocritical. Still, in the position of Secretary of defense, social policies do take a backseat. Doesn't make it any less hypocritical though.
    Let's not forget, the GOP nominee of last election was pretty inconsistent with his core beliefs and views so BigLutz shouldn't be the one to talk about hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    Let's not forget, the GOP nominee of last election was pretty inconsistent with his core beliefs and views so BigLutz shouldn't be the one to talk about hypocrisy.
    And yet he did not run a campaign exposing one view, and then turn around and nominate someone who is the complete opposite of almost every view he campaigned on. So again a cute try on a red harring, it seems almost like a pattern now, you switch to Romney when you are losing when it comes to defending Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    And yet he did not run a campaign exposing one view, and then turn around and nominate someone who is the complete opposite of almost every view he campaigned on. So again a cute try on a red harring, it seems almost like a pattern now, you switch to Romney when you are losing when it comes to defending Obama.
    Says the hypocrite who have been red herring before. I once brought up Romney not willing to call out on Trump's birther views and you bring out Bill Maher in order to make a failed comparison. I'm pointing out that no matter what Obama picks, he will be criticized no matter what.

Did you not see the list I posted, Hagel's belief isn't "Israel can fend for itself" Hagel has shown over and over again to support terrorist groups, and evil regimes like Iran, which I might add celebrated the announcement of Hagel.
    No that about Israel was my own personal opinion, I was questioning why the USA threats Israel like a helpless baby.

The Secretary of Defense is the defacto Commander in Chief, the President may have authority in the end but it is the Secretary of Defense that pretty much runs the military. Something that may end up being a problem as Hagel has shown a unwillingness to attack Iran to stop them from gaining a nuclear weapon.
    Yes but if let's say the president plans to attack Iran doesn't he have to follow? Because I it seems very unlikely that the president doesn't know anything about what is going on there.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Just because Romney was a huge hypocrite doesn't make the Democrats any less hypocritical.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Says the hypocrite who have been red herring before. I once brought up Romney not willing to call out on Trump's birther views and you bring out Bill Maher in order to make a failed comparison.
    Except the comparison was apt at the time, if Romney was going to apologize for the actions of one of his vocal supporters and contributors, why not have Obama do the same for his? Both of them were Presidential Candidates at the time, both happened relatively at the same time, so the comparison stands.

Your's on the other hand... is between the actions of the current President who is nominating some one, and a former Presidential Candidate who is... sitting around at home. I mean seriously there is no comparison!

I'm pointing out that no matter what Obama picks, he will be criticized no matter what.
    Except this is bipartisan criticism of Obama, the left hates Hagel for his views on gays and abortion, the right hates him for his views on Israel and Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    No that about Israel was my own personal opinion, I was questioning why the USA threats Israel like a helpless baby.
    I would think and hope that the U.S. would treat any of it's major allies in the same way if they were under the threat of constant attack and destruction every day. I mean we helped Britain alot leading up to our entrance in World War 2 despite the strength of their army.

But more importantly you have to realize that the U.S.' help also keeps Israel from starting World War 3. Without us holding them back, they would have wiped out Iran, wiped out Hamas and the PLO, and wiped out Hezbollah. The only think keeping Israel from going to total war in the Middle east even though they have every right to, is us.

Yes but if let's say the president plans to attack Iran doesn't he have to follow? Because I it seems very unlikely that the president doesn't know anything about what is going on there.
    At that point he would probably resign, but more importantly he can do things to hinder a invasion of Iran such as destroying or stopping any plans for an invasion of Iran, move forces away that would be a first strike option on Iran, etc etc etc.

At this point, I just think the President and the political establishment in Washington, D.C., see themselves as being encircled, whether by newer Democrats or Republicans. Different issues can pop up, from international defense to abortion, but there might be some more fundamental instincts, outlooks, or principles at work. Cultures across the planet, whether big or small, look set to implode against the reach of modernity, and if this trend can overwhelm and deadlock even the government of the United States of America, then other major governments will quite probably fare even worse, while certain groups of terrorists could spring up as focal points into which the people rallying around them can channel their collective rage. Even now, the most infamous of those terror groups could be breaking out by generating an arc of instability through North Africa, and the main country hunting it down could surprise quite a few of us here.:

Fox News Channel: French President Raises Terror Level Threat After Mali, Somalia Military Action
    Reuters: Foreign fighters seek Islamic state in post-Assad Syria

As Al-Qaeda operatives in Mali prepare for the offensive ordered by French President Francois Hollande, other operatives in Syria may be gathering enough strength to eviscerate the Free Syrian Army from the inside out. Abu Musab Abdel-Wadoud is in charge in the first country, while Abu Muhammad Al-Julani is planning a Sharia regime in the second, perhaps including a few Salafi sheikhs and fighters wherever he can find them. For France’s part, it’s now on high alert throughout its territories, and it may have been seeking a preemptive strike against any Al-Qaeda attacks in Somalia. Mali used to be a French colony, so there could be a bit of historical irony involved. The terror branches in both countries could share information and pretexts, er, grievances against the American Empire, lumping even Turkish President Abdullah Gul and Qatari Emir Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani into this fictitious network as unintentional pawns, and their twisted goal of collective purification would become clear. In the case of the former, though, there might be a different threat more likely to be better to us strategically.:

British Broadcasting Corporation: Turkey questions Hollande contacts with dead Kurdish activist
    YouTube: Stanford Graduate School of Business: Turkish President Abdullah Gul and “The Age of People’s Empowerment”

Somebody shot and killed three Kurdish activists in Paris a few days ago, including one working for the Kurdish National Congress, right in the middle of negotiations with, of all people, one Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to recognize the Kurdistan Workers’ Party’s control over territory in southeastern Anatolia. Then again, it’s Iran that’s been targeting Kurds inside Iraq in addition to American soldiers, presumably to hinder their compatriots inside its northwestern region as much as it can. Syria may have turned into a bit of a quagmire for Sunni and Shiite supremacists alike across the Middle East, which should keep them at daggers drawn. Of course, any Ottoman nostalgists up to the north might need to keep an eye on their own turf, as well as their contacts at Stanford University. For Erdogan’s part, if he’s turned his head east, then Gul has his turned west, perhaps even to this country itself. Condoleezza Rice hosted a discussion with that other Turkish leader several months ago, and it appears that they both sense the quick rate of change that the rest of the world is engineering… if with different thoughts. Gul picked two odd movements to cite – one those Islamic upheavals, the other Occupy Wall Street – in arguing for popular empowerment worldwide, but his references to technological innovation could be taken as they are. I couldn’t resist chuckling when he mentioned a “universal manual of dictators” all over the world, which one might assume includes guidelines for unleashing bloodshed to spite a society that has embraced individuality and modernity, making dictatorship obsolete. Indeed, one could even look to Turkey’s east for a case study in such a step.:

New York Times: A Trail of Bullet Casings Leads from Africa’s Wars to Iran
    Christian Post: Anugrah Kumar: US Pastor Jailed in Iran Tells Family of Death Threats

After about eight years of praying and striking for the reappearance of the Hidden Imam, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the Islamic Revolutionary Guards now want to try their hand at trading guns and bullets. Indeed, they might have been at this the whole time, so in a way, maybe they and their underlings in their theocracy for Shiism really were practicing what they’ve been preaching, namely purity through chaos and annihilation. Conflict Armament Research, based in Great Britain, examined cartridges found in Kenya, Uganda, Darfur, and Niger and determined that a Defense Industries Organization subsidiary known as the Ammunition and Metallurgy Industries Group manufactured them, making a point of avoiding any numbers or logos through which anyone investigating could trace back to their source. The AMIG followed a similar pattern in packaging the ammunition rounds in unmarked wooden crates, green plastic carry bags, or plain cardboard boxes, but the rounds shared common characteristics, such as a specified font for caliber headstamps and indentations for attachments of primers to cartridge cases. Burkina Faso and (the) Ivory Coast were used as transfer points, and some of these bullets found their way into the hands of groups allied with Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, which, last I checked, was entrenching itself into northern Mali. Inside Iran itself, guards at Evin Prison are awaiting a death sentence for Reverend Saeed Abedini, the aforementioned pastor alerting as many Iranians as he can to convert to Christianity. As far as I’m concerned, America and its allies are already at war with Iran, and I could continue to wonder just how despondent certain ayatollahs are as they see everything they once believed crumble to nothing. Others could follow in their footsteps in adopting such a view, even on the other side of Asia.:

Irrawaddy: Echo Hui: Chinese Kachin Protest against Burma’s Kachin War
    Irrawaddy: Lalit Jha: US Limits Criticism After Laiza Shelling

Huh. We have ourselves a political Pandora’s box in Southeast Asia, and, as one might expect, Twitter is abuzz about it. I imagine that the Chinese Communists are scratching their heads about these strikes erupting in Burma’s northern region, especially now that these protesters have made their voices known. China sealed off its border to prevent Kachin refugees from entering its territory and dispatched military units to any nearby areas, while Kachins overseas are protesting. The United States has limited its criticism after this new offensive in Laiza, the headquarters of the Kachin Independence Army, which has been attempting to govern that region and call for broad ethnic recognition. I’d turn my attention to the timing. While Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, former First Lady Laura Bush, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, and House Speaker John Boehner put together that September ceremony awarding Aung San Suu Kyi the Congressional Gold Medal, President Barack Obama himself visited Burma for a meeting with Burmese President Thein Sein as part of his Southeast Asia trip after the 2012 presidential election. Companies specializing in energy and information doubtlessly stand ready for any further democratic reforms, and they could consult the Nippon Foundation for special tips on access to areas particularly difficult to reach. President Thein Sein and Ms. Suu Kyi were the ones who most visibly spoke of adding their country to the emerging global market, but it would appear that at least some Burmese military commanders vehemently disagree. Whoever ordered those airstrikes a couple of weeks ago probably got the idea that some key Burmese cultures would ultimately prove unable to stand against this wave of modernization and decided to get rid of the Kachins permanently, and certain individuals and groups within the Chinese Communist Party are all too happy to approve of it. These people could work together to cite the cultural collapses happening to Europe, Russia, and especially Islam, and they’d cast Thein Sein and Suu Kyi as traitors, lumping the KIA together with them. As a likely bonus, when the fighting in northern Burma broke out back in June 2011, Chinese officials responded by accusing the Kachins of working with Christian missionaries to subvert their country. The Bush Center, the Nippon Foundation, and other activists can’t mobilize quickly enough to ensure that as many of Burma’s regions as possible can link their resources to the rest of the world, thereby limiting the final body count from any bloodbath that ensues, and their activities could get some boosts from other countries throughout the region.:

Daily Telegraph: India to open superhighway to Burma and Thailand
    Jakarta Globe: SBY to Welcome Argentine President, Japanese PM

Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono may be acting more sensibly in setting up a network throughout Southeast Asia leading up to Japan itself. Of all the countries that India and China could’ve picked, Burma was positioned to isolate itself until President Thein Sein decided to open it up as much as he could. The highway in question should be going from Kolkata all the way to Ho Chi Minh City, of all places, making Vietnam a possible contender to support India’s emergence into the region, alongside Japan. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, having regained his old position after a little over five years, wants to expand Japan’s ties with the rest of the region, including Vietnam and Thailand, giving us in the United States, nay, the rest of North America more than a bit of eager strategic anticipation to ponder. If, 40 years ago, Vietnamese Communists massacred their way through that country, then now, their own descendants could get pulled into pushing their country into reemergence. They might as well rename their party the Vietnamese Capitalist Party and change Ho Chi Minh City’s name back to Saigon while they’re at it. Any efforts to… update both Senators John Kerry and Chuck Hagel regarding these diverse trends should prove interesting, to say the very least.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 16th January 2013 at 4:02 AM.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

$51 billion of Sandy Relief has passed the House despite 179 Republicans opposing it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2480328.html

$51 billion of Sandy Relief has passed the House despite 179 Republicans opposing it.

"A tragedy like Hurricane Sandy shouldn't be used for a grab-bag of spending," said Rep. Tom McClintock (R-Calif.).
    Ding ding ding ding. We have a winner. Where is this money coming from?

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

"Even more outrageous: The total Sandy relief is $59 billion: $9 billion in flood insurance relief already passed and the $50 billion today. But of that $50 billion today only $17 billion is for Sandy related matters."

I bet if it was a red state republicans wouldn't mind.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

I bet if it was a red state republicans wouldn't mind.
    You do know many of the states that are getting funding in this pork bill are red states like Alaska

You do know many of the states that are getting funding in this pork bill are red states like Alaska
    Here's an interesting thing to know; Mississippi Congressman Steven Palazzo voted against $9 billion of relief funding for floods caused by Hurricane Sandy even though he has been still asking relief funding for floods caused by Katrina in his home state seven years ago.

Here's an interesting thing to know; Mississippi Congressman Steven Palazzo voted against $9 billion of relief funding for floods caused by Hurricane Sandy even though he has been still asking relief funding for floods caused by Katrina in his home state seven years ago.
    And? No doubt he should have voted for the 9 billion bill no doubt however I do agree with Republicans that we should have found a way to pay for it before it was put up to vote.

And? No doubt he should have voted for the 9 billion bill no doubt however I do agree with Republicans that we should have found a way to pay for it before it was put up to vote.
    It's the whole principle ideology meets reality I'm pointing out.

It's the whole principle ideology meets reality I'm pointing out.
    Fair enough

In other news some Democrat in Washington, possibly working for the Obama Administration tried to keep INS from taking down a illegal pedophile.

Quote Originally Posted by AP
    Newly released documents show that federal immigration agents were prepared to arrest an undocumented immigrant and registered sex offender days before the November elections.

However according to the internal agency documents, the agents were ordered by Washington to hold off after officials warned of “significant interest” from Congress and news organizations since the suspect was a volunteer intern for New Jersey Sen. Robert Menendez.

When The Associated Press first disclosed the delayed arrest of last month, Sanchez, 18, the Homeland Security Department said AP’s report was “categorically false.”

According to those documents, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents in Newark had arranged to arrest Sanchez at the local prosecutor’s office on Oct. 25. That was fewer than two weeks before the election.

Noting that Sanchez was a volunteer in Menendez’s Senate office, ICE officials in New Jersey advised that the arrest “had the possibility of garnering significant congressional and media interest” and were “advised to postpone the arrest” until officials in Washington gave approval. The documents describe a conference call between officials Washington and New Jersey to “determine a way forward, given the potential sensitivities surrounding the case.”

In a letter Monday, Assistant DHS Secretary Nelson Peacock said an allegation that the government delayed Sanchez’s arrest “for political purposes” was categorically false. Neither the unnamed U.S. official cited in AP’s original story or the senators in their letters to the department had specifically alleged that the arrest had been delayed for political purposes.
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ap-ex...interns-arrest

Wait! I thought all democrats took the "moral high road"

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Last Sunday, Colin Powell was on the NBC's Meet The Press talking about how there is a dark vein of intolerance in some parts of the Republican party. He meant that that there are those who look down on the minorities.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2467768.html

Former Secretary Of State Colin Powell delivered some harsh words for the GOP as a whole on Sunday.

In an appearance on NBC's "Meet The Press," Powell noted that there is a "dark vein of intolerance in some parts of the party."

"What do I mean by that?," he explained. "What I mean by that is they still sort of look down on minorities."

Powell specifically pointed to October 2012 comments by former Alaska Gov. and Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin on the attacks in Benghazi, Libya.

"When I see a former governor say that the president is 'shuckin' and jivin' -- that's a racial-era slave term," Powell said, referring to Palin's words on Obama's response.

Powell added that Republicans had become too preoccupied with the candidate-selection process, losing sight of the group's overall message.

"You've got to think first about what's the party actually going to represent," Powell said. "If it's just going to represent the far right wing of the political spectrum, I think the party is in difficulty. I'm a moderate, but I'm still a Republican."

Powell was the first African American to fill the role of Secretary Of State, serving under President George W. Bush from 2001-05. Despite maintaining his allegiance to the Republican Party, Powell has been an ardent supporter for President Barack Obama, giving him a 2008 vote and a 2012 endorsement.

"I think we ought to keep on the track we are on," said Powell in October 2012, commending Obama on the economy and Iraq War.

Top Mitt Romney surrogate John Sununu turned heads after the announcement, suggesting that Powell's Obama endorsement was motivated by race. That statement prompted former Powell Chief Of Staff Lawrence Wilkerson to make Republican-Party comments similar in nature to Powell's Sunday remarks.

Uh-huh. What a finish that vote turned out to be. The Tea Partiers, including former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, might’ve characterized this bill as an overload of greed, but judging from the exchanges within Congress itself, I have to wonder whether this more a case of growing alarm. I’d imagine that at least some of the congresspersons who voted, either affirmatively or negatively, are aware of certain low approval numbers for Capitol Hill, and they could be just the beginning for businesses of any size in America.:

Public Policy Polling: Congress somewhere below cockroaches, traffic jams, and Nickelback in Americans’ esteem
    New York Times: For ‘Party of Business’, Allegiances Are Shifting

*How the hell’d we wind up like this? Why weren’t we able to see the signs that we missed, try to turn the tables…?* I could practically hear those lyrics blaring in my head as my eyes zipped through the numbers shown, based on favorability toward several other chosen items.:

• 67% viewing lice favorably vs. 19% viewing Congress favorably
    • 56% viewing National Football League replacement referees favorably vs. 29% viewing Congress favorably
    • 46% viewing France favorably vs. 37% viewing Congress favorably
    • 39% viewing Nickelback favorably vs. 32% viewing Congress favorably
    • 45% viewing Congress favorably vs. 41% viewing Lindsey Lohan favorably
    • 49% viewing Congress favorably vs. 36% viewing the Kardashians favorably
    • 48% viewing Congress favorably vs. 30% viewing lobbyists favorably

On that last point, Democrats and Republicans may be shifting their own views, and the Business Roundtable could adjust its overall strategy to match. Among the more vocal proponents of this shift is Senator Ted Cruz, while House Speaker John Boehner’s office released an e-mail emphasizing links with small businesses. The Kochs, who are funding Americans for Prosperity, want to avoid using the debt ceiling to gain deeper decreases in spending, so that populists and corporatists appear to be taking shape in debates about Washington, D.C.’s encirclement. If the House of Representatives was willing to accept as much money as it did for this bill, then it will have had to reject any calls to remove the pork, which would tell me that they don’t expect any resolution to this fiscal fiasco at all and thus regard any efforts to implement spending cuts, no matter how miniscule, as utterly unfeasible. If the latest check from Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham is anything to go by, this fiscal fiasco could be among the least of our concerns just days away from Inauguration Day 2013.:

Atlantic: Larry Diamond: ‘Forsaken by the West’: Obama and the Betrayal of Democracy in Bahrain
    Hill Global Affairs: Julian Pecquet: McCain shares ‘disapproval’ with Morsi over anti-Semitic remarks

Hamad bin Isa Al-Khalifa requested assistance from the House of Saud to suppress the protests from activists of Shiite and Sunni background, mostly from outside the Bahraini royal inner circle. Various members of the royal family acquired private islands “replete with palaces, lavish swimming pools, lush gardens, yachts, and even a private golf course, race track, and hunting ground”. The protesters initially accepted reform and negotiations to achieve greater democratization and freedom, preserving the monarchy, but they ended up spooking the House of Saud. By March 2011, tanks and helicopters from the Gulf Cooperation Council, namely the other Sharia sheikhdoms dotting the Persian Gulf, were moving in to crack down on the demonstrators, of whom at least three received life sentences for plotting against the monarchy this past Monday. Anyone curious about lack of pressure from the Obama administration can ask the Fifth Fleet, which is headquartered in Manama. In short, the United States appears to be stuck defending a monarchy cracking down against protesters favoring a constitutional system of government and law, alongside said monarchy’s abolition. Iran’s cultural suicide might take it out of this equation, but that would just leave a cluster of Arab royal families, Salafi activists, and the Muslim Brotherhood. Speaking of which, I’d have to imagine that as the senators meeting Muhammad Morsi attempted to urge him to cease and desist with the diatribes against the Jews and fulfill his country’s obligation toward human rights, the rest of the Muslim Brotherhood’s Guidance Office will be scrambling to figure out how to keep their position. We have $1.3 billion in annual military aid to Egypt – a mere chunk of that Hurricane Sandy relief bill, even without that pork – but even so, this anti-Semitism continues to erupt over there. As the Muslim Brotherhood lurches back and forth, Al-Gamaa Al-Islamiya and the Nour Party can only wait until Egypt’s ungovernable morass weakens it to the point of hastening their bids to steer Egypt.:

Ahram: Islamic bonds draft law ignites controversy
    Ahram: Egypt’s Islamist parties eye potential alliances in run-up to parliament polls

One might suspect that the structure behind Sharia bonds isn’t too different from conventional bonds, giving the entire apparatus a hint of dullness in addition to its bloodlust. Any revenues made from these bonds will supposedly come from the profit margins of companies rather than interest rates, while specific types of investments are under consideration for approval from the Islamists. Investors will work together to finance any project and share profits and losses among themselves, and in some cases, the people borrowing the actual money will need to sell assets at a price set via contract in exchange for bonds in equal value to that purchase price, then buy said assets back once the bond reaches maturity. The bondholders themselves might not receive many guaranteed returns, which could explain worries about endorsement from Al-Azhar University, among other major institutions inside Egypt, citing compliance with authoritative Sharia texts. A more visible mess could ensue as Egypt’s parliamentary holds new elections this year, with the Muslim Brotherhood and the Nour Party set to collide. A veritable constellation of other Salafi groups has popped up, and they could have a field of visible leaders to match as dissatisfaction with the Muslim Brotherhood festers among Egyptians on the street. These leaders could already be looking west for a battle against the enemies of the Islamic Community worth applauding.:

US News and World Report: Paul Shinkman: U.S. Official: Mali Success Should Be Shaped by Somalia
    Reuters: Sahara hostage siege turns Mali war global

The countries of West Africa are on high alert after France’s mobilization against Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, and America might be set to openly assist in the future. The State Department worked with development agencies and local peacekeepers to stop Al-Qaeda in Somalia, urging local governments to step up in the process. These terrorists have been constant in targeting Westerners and their supporters, as this siege against a natural gas field in Algeria earlier today will demonstrate. The so-called “Battalion of Blood” now has a few dozen hostages, including Americans, with a leader who took part in guerilla operations in Afghanistan, at the facility in question, which is responsible for about 10% of Algeria’s overall supply. This leading jihadist may have fallen out with AQIM’s other leaders, thereby throwing whatever hierarchy that group set up into disarray. Nigerian and Chadian troops could join the French military units soon enough, necessitating further attention from both the Obama administration and Congress to North Africa.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 18th January 2013 at 5:07 PM.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

Last Sunday, Colin Powell was on the NBC's Meet The Press talking about how there is a dark vein of intolerance in some parts of the Republican party. He meant that that there are those who look down on the minorities.
    Says the man who was promoted by the head of the Republican Party at the time to the highest office a black man has ever served....

But maybe Mr. Powell needs a refresher course on how he was treated while in the service of a Republican President by those "tolerant" people on the left

http://newsblaze.com/story/200810201.../topstory.html
    http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/unearthed...-colin-powell/
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/0...or-Massah-Bush

But lets talk about a dark vein of intolerance shall we? Because for the past TWO decades anytime a black man rises to power because of Republicans, suddenly he becomes a "House ******" "Uncle Tom" "Race Traitor" by those on the left. No matter how worthy they are to be say a Supreme Court Justice, Secretary of State, or even the leader of the Republican Party, the left can only see them in some of the most horrible terms. THAT seems to be a dark vein of intolerance.
    Last edited by BigLutz; 17th January 2013 at 6:58 PM.

Says the man who was promoted by the head of the Republican Party at the time to the highest office a black man has ever served....

But maybe Mr. Powell needs a refresher course on how he was treated while in the service of a Republican President by those "tolerant" people on the left

http://newsblaze.com/story/200810201.../topstory.html
    http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/unearthed...-colin-powell/
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/0...or-Massah-Bush

But lets talk about a dark vein of intolerance shall we? Because for the past TWO decades anytime a black man rises to power because of Republicans, suddenly he becomes a "House ******" "Uncle Tom" "Race Traitor" by those on the left. No matter how worthy they are to be say a Supreme Court Justice, Secretary of State, or even the leader of the Republican Party, the left can only see them in some of the most horrible terms. THAT seems to be a dark vein of intolerance.
    Yet, a vast majority of African American voters voted for a Democratic president since Carter. Surely it couldn't be the use of the Southern Strategy which a 1981 interview from Lee A****er explained about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_8E3ENrKrQ

Yet, a vast majority of African American voters voted for a Democratic president since Carter. Surely it couldn't be the use of the Southern Strategy which a 1981 interview from Lee A****er explained about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_8E3ENrKrQ
    I don't care which side they vote for, at the end of the day the deep vein of intolerance Collin Powell has experienced and many other Black Republicans have experienced has come from Liberals and the Democratic Party.

I don't care which side they vote for, at the end of the day the deep vein of intolerance Collin Powell has experienced and many other Black Republicans have experienced has come from Liberals and the Democratic Party.
    What about the attempted suppression of minority voters which backfired last election?

What about the attempted suppression of minority voters which backfired last election?
    Except there was no attempt to suppress minority voters, the past two elections in which such verification has been in place has shown massive Black Turnout. But even then such a thing is not a act of intolerance and does not address how poorly Black Republicans have been treated by Liberals.

Fox News Channel: American Still Missing After Algeria Raids Gas Plant to Rescue Hostages from Terrorists

As this new war in Mali unfolds in real time, Abu Musab Abdel-Wadoud’s campaign of bloodshed may not even need a reason related to commercial gain, precisely because he has Allah and 14 centuries of warfare backing him up. He and Abdelhakim Belhadj could sideline Ayman Al-Zawahiri in building a Sharia empire over the ashes of whatever cultures they obliterate in West Africa, and any proclamation to that effect at any specified time and place would be just a formality. Four remaining hostages, two from Great Britain, the other two from my birth country, were killed, while many of the other aforementioned hostages were fortunate enough to escape the jihadists, including some of the Americans. We now have an unarmed drone patrolling the facility and gathering intelligence, and other energy companies are scrambling to safeguard their workers at their other operations across Algeria. Among other nationalities, Norwegian, Japanese, and Malaysian workers were present at that gas field, known as Amenas. The electricity there no longer works, and there are enough food supplies to last about three weeks. The Sharia supremacists would have needed a lot of time to prepare for that operation, so France’s recent mobilization was a mere pretext, among countless others. As Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb gets the attention of other terror franchises worldwide, the battle lines should become that much clearer to Muslims and non-Muslims alike.:

Washington Post WorldViews: Max Fisher: Who loves and hates America: A revealing map of global opinion toward the U.S.

“Nobody polarizes public opinion like Uncle Sam,” wrote Max Fisher last week, and to no one’s surprise, Turkey and Egypt rank among the least favorable countries. Perhaps more of a surprise will be the results from Indonesia, Kenya, and Nigeria, who each possess substantive Muslim populations. Then, we have Sub-Saharan Africa, which has favorability ratings ranging from at least 61% all the way up to 92%, and we have President Barack Obama himself to credit for that. As Judeo-Christianity inches through that continent, perhaps intertwined with the information and energy revolutions, tribes already sympathetic to various Islamic factions could hasten their plans to boost their alliances, presumably with the intent of distinguishing themselves as firmly as they can. One might be surprised to learn just how common the main points this time around will be.:

Houston Business Journal: Collin Eaton: Muslim investors seek to form no-interest Texas credit union
    International Islamic News Agency: UAE kicks off halal standardization worldwide

Whether Shiite or Sunni, whether in my home state or the United Arab Emirates, separation under Sharia might be a big deal, and we don’t even have to do anything other than stand back and watch. The Jafari No-Interest Credit Union will be charging fees that will flow into the profit margins of any relevant entities, and I’d have to imagine that the framework for the projects to be funded under this credit union’s auspices will be Shiite. Across Islam’s broader spectrum, Khalifa bin Zayed Al-Nahyan and Muhammad bin Rashid Al-Maktoum look to be preparing some standardized rules for food and cosmetic products, starting this year, after receiving the Organization for Islamic Cooperation’s endorsement. I suppose those Yinchuan businesspersons will jump on this project once they certify it for themselves, as could other Muslims in non-Islamic areas, such as the Anglosphere. The main ruling families of the United Arab Emirates could want to focus on unifying Sharia standards throughout the Islamic Community, whether in food or finance, but what would happen if certain factions concluded that the calculations and money involved amount to one big sham? As the Sharia sheikhdoms debate this integration project, they could keep their heads turned east for some unintended disruptions.:

Christian Science Monitor: Scott Peterson: Afghanistan: The challenge of ‘good’ vs ‘bad’ militias
    Daily Telegraph: Pakistan strikes deal with Muslim preacher

Militias have sprung up to chase Taliban insurgents away from their homes, but some have resorted to forcible extraction of taxes and massacres to intimidate these same units. Some of the more… savory groups want to sign up with official Afghan police teams, but they’ve yet to fully comply with standards for disarmament. One particular group, controlled by one Amir Mir Alam, maintains connections inside Kunduz and Kabul and engages in smuggling and kidnapping, giving the other militias their bad reputation. As the Taliban keeps its bloodlust throughout the regions of that country, the Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate could step up its own machinations. Tahir Qadri, a Sufi theologian, started several protests earlier this week in hopes of calling for electoral reform, in the middle of a judicial order to arrest Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf for some alleged kickbacks. If the establishment in Washington, D.C., consists mainly of politicians and lobbyists, then the establishment in Islamabad could consist of military commanders and judges, making Pakistan look even worse than America. Fortunately – if also surprisingly – for us, it appears that two major allies may be looking still further east for some alternatives, including one with a very familiar background.:

Wall Street Journal: Harsh Pant: The India-Vietnam Axis
    Globes: Yuval Azulai: Israel’s defense industry targets Vietnam

Leave it to India and Israel’s defense companies to take the lead in pulling the Vietnamese Communists away from the Chinese Communists, and Japan, France, and the rest of the Anglosphere could strengthen the trade and information networks emerging across Southeast Asia. An Indian energy company wanted to explore for oil and natural gas in pockets controlled by Vietnam in the South China Sea, a move with a sense of urgency after China’s diplomatic disruptions. As Pakistan helped filter China into South Asia – and the Middle East – now India wants Vietnam to act similarly for East Asia. India and Vietnam have procured military technology from Russia, and the main focus between these two appears to be naval cooperation, something that could find a warm reception in Israel. The Israeli and Vietnamese Ministries of Defense have been putting together several agreements about tightened defense links, focusing more on personal friendships and advanced rifles than active technology exchanges, such as guided bombs and missiles, for the moment. To be sure, it might only be a matter of time before American and European companies prepare to charge into that country, as well. Overall, this would be quite a global network for President Barack Hussein Obama, Vice-President Joe Biden, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, and House Speaker John Boehner, but surprises far grimmer could be lurking across Eurasia right now.:

American Enterprise Institute: Michael Mazza: Four Surprises That Could Rock Asia in 2013
    Foreign Policy: Charles Emmerson: Eve of Disaster

Southeast Asia continues to grapple with Islamic terrorists, but once some of those groups see the prospect that their societies face slow extinction from China, embodied in, say, collaboration between Chinese and Emirati officials on halal products, the likelihood of a major terrorist attack inside China itself can only grow exponentially. Between Uighur separatism and African mineral businesses, Chinese officials could end up facing serious turmoil instigated by Al-Qaeda and its allies, perhaps starting with Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb. If President Xi Jinping telephoned the White House about an offer to assist our counterterrorism programs worldwide, well, we wouldn’t even have to guess where we could go from there. Thailand’s King Bhumibol Adulyadej is much more popular than his son, but he’s frail enough to have many of his citizens worrying about persistent instability should he die, thereby making us think that Thailand is less reliable than it should be in anchoring our strategy in East Asia. On a more global scale, some worry that the turbulence now is reminiscent of the early 1910s even more than the late 1930s. In 1913, America established the Federal Reserve – with Woodrow Wilson’s signature – and Russia was experiencing an industrial boom. Self-interested global financiers will have to prevent war, many say, but what happens if self-interest is removed from the equation? What happens if a constituency arises that promotes rage flowing from a complete loss of faith that modernization will sustain the cultures on which so many depend to explain their view(s) of the world around them? The rest of the world could be just waiting for someone to light and throw the match that sets everything ablaze, but this time, even some of the cultures I’ve been mentioning recently may not survive the coming conflagration, taking their countries and people down with them. Three major civilizations share nothingness as their main common factor, and one of those regions, the one from which the United States of America’s brand of Judeo-Christianity and constitutionalism emerged, never quite recovered from a brutal war blazing right through it approximately four centuries ago at this time. We can’t act quickly enough to contain the damage and save as many people as we can before the final showdown begins, and once it ends, a society actively promotes friendship, kindness, laughter, honesty, generosity, and loyalty couldn’t be any more vital for humankind’s progress.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 18th January 2013 at 5:39 AM.

Page 7 of 140 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast