Page 9 of 140 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics: THANKS OBAMA

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Yes because of course Democrats do not do their own dirty tricks.

But please ignore what I said in the whole bit about Obama having no chance to pass his agenda. It just shows you have no argument for it.
    How about the Virginia GOP passing redistriction of the state while key Democrats were at the Inauguration? A move so dirty even VA Governor Bob McDonnell called it shameful.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...irty-trick.php

Well okay. I was going to point out on we have to see how history will judge on him and both parties of Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    How about the Virginia GOP passing redistriction of the state while key Democrats were at the Inauguration? A move so dirty even VA Governor Bob McDonnell called it shameful.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...irty-trick.php
    Dirty? Yes. But again if you want to get into a pissing match on which side pulls more dirty tricks then we can.

Well okay. I was going to point out on we have to see how history will judge on him and both parties of Congress.
    Considering how fast Obama has pushed up the debt and the Democrats reluctance to do anything about it. Just as Obama and the rest have done nothing to deal with entitlements. The chances are pretty slim that history will judge them properly.

Sliver, you are really taking this thread away from debate and into mudslinging. None of us are "sore losers." Trust me, If I had though Obama was right for this country, I'd have voted for him. My card says republican, but I will vote cross party If I thought a democrat was best for the country.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Dirty? Yes. But again if you want to get into a pissing match on which side pulls more dirty tricks then we can.
    I'm not looking for a pissing match. I'm just pointing out on what might be their agenda in comes to changing the voting system to their benefits.

Considering how fast Obama has pushed up the debt and the Democrats reluctance to do anything about it. Just as Obama and the rest have done nothing to deal with entitlements. The chances are pretty slim that history will judge them properly.
    Let me stop you there. As of now, the approval ratings of Congress especially the House GOP majority are anemic especially compared to Obama. While you say that Obama and Democrats won't be judged properly, you should have looked to see how Republicans are being judged. I mean, how can you explain Obama's getting re-elected?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Sliver, you are really taking this thread away from debate and into mudslinging. None of us are "sore losers." Trust me, If I had though Obama was right for this country, I'd have voted for him. My card says republican, but I will vote cross party If I thought a democrat was best for the country.
    Well, didn't expect that post from you especially from your post history. Here's a thing, I don't want conservatism to die but you can't deny there is a problem within the Republican Party. What to debate about is, what is it?

I'm not looking for a pissing match. I'm just pointing out on what might be their agenda in comes to changing the voting system to their benefits.
    And? How many times have we heard the Democrats say they wish to move away from the Electoral Vote to the Popular vote after the loss to Bush in 2000.

Let me stop you there. As of now, the approval ratings of Congress especially the House GOP majority are anemic especially compared to Obama. While you say that Obama and Democrats won't be judged properly, you should have looked to see how Republicans are being judged. I mean, how can you explain Obama's getting re-elected?
    Obama got reelected by a public that believed that he had not had enough time to fix the economy, yet as we saw from his Inaugural speech he has no real plans to help the economy. And while Congress' approval rating may be down ( Which includes the Democrats ) when it comes to history it is the President that gets blamed for the problems.

And? How many times have we heard the Democrats say they wish to move away from the Electoral Vote to the Popular vote after the loss to Bush in 2000.
    How is preventing the losing candidate from winning a dirty tactic?

Obama got reelected by a public that believed that he had not had enough time to fix the economy, yet as we saw from his Inaugural speech he has no real plans to help the economy. And while Congress' approval rating may be down ( Which includes the Democrats ) when it comes to history it is the President that gets blamed for the problems.
    The Inaugural address is not the place where you present policies, that's the State of the Union.
    Pokemon isn't real, I'm sorry

Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    How is preventing the losing candidate from winning a dirty tactic?
    It isn't I am merely pointing out that both sides wish to change the election to what they perceive as their benefit.

The Inaugural address is not the place where you present policies, that's the State of the Union.
    Shall we go through the things that Obama said he wished to address in terms of policies?

Climate Change, Green Jobs, Equal Pay for Women, Gay Marriage, Immigration Reform, Entitlement Protection, Gun Control

Missing?

Improving hiring, Improving the Economy.

Shall we go through the things that Obama said he wished to address in terms of policies?

Climate Change, Green Jobs, Equal Pay for Women, Gay Marriage, Immigration Reform, Entitlement Protection, Gun Control

Missing?

The fact that he even went through policies was unusual. And ultimately, it doesn't matter, because that's what the State of the Union is for.

The fact that he even went through policies was unusual. And ultimately, it doesn't matter, because that's what the State of the Union is for.
    My point is that he used very precious time in his Inauguration to tick off a liberal wish list, but devoted almost no time to what people care about. Jobs, the Economy, and the Deficit. The public is far more likely to watch his inauguration than his state of the union, that same public that will at the end of the day judge him.

It isn't I am merely pointing out that both sides wish to change the election to what they perceive as their benefit.

Missing?

Obama used his inaugural address to talk about stock liberal issues, to rally his base? The deuce you say.

You're clearly trying very hard to make it seem that the president isn't going to address the economy, but this is one of the weakest arguments you've presented. He said we have to address climate change, get equal pay for women, legalize gay marriage, reform immigration and protect SS and Medicare/caid. Which of these are policies? Plus its not really a mystery what he want's to do to fix the economy. Progressive Tax Rate, spending, and debt reduction. Did you expect a lecture on keynesianism between random liberal issues?

Furthermore this talk of debt is absurd, and I'm surprised you're buying to the heritage foundation drivel on how the Debt will destroy america. Can you even list 1 impact a high deficit has outside of the finance sector? It's absurd to say that Obama increasing the deficit to increase investment was bad, when the money he borrowed went exactly where the banks SHOULD have put it.

How did high debt ruin the post WWII economy? It didn't, the fact that politicians have convinced us that the real problem with our economy is debt and not unemployment is just another example of how (this includes Obama) they're trying to turn our attention away from the real problem of anemic job growth.

Sorry if I'm not sympathizing with banks who were bailed out by the U.S.
    Last edited by Kazekage; 25th January 2013 at 2:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage View Post
    Obama used his inaugural address to talk about stock liberal issues, to rally his base? The deuce you say.
    Funny and here I thought Inaugural addresses were to address the nation and not act as campaign speeches.

You're clearly trying very hard to make it seem that the president isn't going to address the economy, but this is one of the weakest arguments you've presented. He said we have to address climate change, get equal pay for women, legalize gay marriage, reform immigration and protect SS and Medicare/caid. Which of these are policies? Plus its not really a mystery what he want's to do to fix the economy. Progressive Tax Rate, spending, and debt reduction. Did you expect a lecture on keynesianism between random liberal issues?
    I expect to here issues on what he plans to do to get the economy back on it's feet. He has "pivoted" to the economy in which he will "focus like a laser" what, five times now? Yet in a time in which he can talk about the most important issues facing America on the grandest stage he will ever be presented... he balks at it.

Furthermore this talk of debt is absurd, and I'm surprised you're buying to the heritage foundation drivel on how the Debt will destroy america. Can you even list 1 impact a high deficit has outside of the finance sector? It's absurd to say that Obama increasing the deficit to increase investment was bad, when the money he borrowed went exactly where the banks SHOULD have put it.
    You might want to stick your head out and look around for a while but a high debt ratio tends to drive down our credit rating. When that happens people feel as if America is not a sure bet to buy our bonds, in turn that means that the Government is faced with two problems: Cut services, or Buy their own bonds. Buying their own bonds means inflation which effects everyone.

How did high debt ruin the post WWII economy? It didn't, the fact that politicians have convinced us that the real problem with our economy is debt and not unemployment is just another example of how (this includes Obama) they're trying to turn our attention away from the real problem of anemic job growth.
    You do realize America was the only country and economy largely left with out ruin after WW2 among the major economies as such it became one to invest in. The same cannot be said now.

Cause… or effect? As Inauguration Week passes, the rest of the planet looks ready to mobilize for something of a final bloodbath, and President Barack Obama and Vice-President Joe Biden may already be turning inward, precisely because there’s not much faith left outside the United States, let alone North America. Businesses big and small are reassessing their margins, and some key sectors of this country’s market might be positioned to ideally insert themselves into the information revolution, such as health care providers.:

Forbes: Bruce Japsen: Four Health Care Businesses That Will See ‘Tailwinds’ in 2nd Obama Term

Companies keeping their eyes open on economic trends see “a coming influx of customers… with a pent up demand for health care”. Pharmacies and retailers offering something like outpatient medical services are finding themselves pushing beyond past activities in terms of providing primary care, while physicians and other individual operators are seeking out larger entities, namely hospitals, for help in paying for information systems. Health insurance companies will increase their involvement in benefits for small businesses and individuals, among countless provisions written into ObamaCare. If any here have gotten the idea that this law could get even messier for advocates of, say, religious liberty, then there could be some additional headaches in store for certain segments of Congress as 2013 rolls on. Democratic capitalism intertwines with that concept most handily, giving millions worldwide a chance to accept and practice this country’s founding mission, which couldn’t happen quickly enough.:

Christian Post: Stoyan Zaimov: Vandals Destroy Pro-Life Display at DePaul University; Conservatives Say Intolerance Growing
    Fox News Channel: Christian Pastor Held in Iran Missing from Jail, Says Family

Whoever targeted this display must have an idea of what the group behind it represents, so that free speech becomes all the more important, while Pastor Saeed Abedini languishes somewhere in Iran. A surveillance camera caught around 20 people near the site set up by Young Americans for Freedom, trashing the pink and blue flags symbolizing the unborn babies aborted daily. Even university administrators across America are expressing concern about allowing additional student groups to express and explain these perspectives, shutting down attempts to discuss Judeo-Christianity’s principle of life. I’d bet on the American Center for Law and Justice to pay attention to this for similar reasons to its work with the Abedinis, keeping the window as wide and open as possible for regular Iranians to escape their society’s demise. They, among various Christian groups, could find additional allies to the west, closer to the Mediterranean Sea.:

Daily Star: Syria builds paramilitary force aided by Iran: activists
    Los Angeles Times: More young Syrians disillusioned by the revolution

As Bashar Assad and his fellow Alawites dig in, with help from Iran’s ayatollahs, Syria’s businesspersons are squeezed harshly between them and Abu Muhammad Al-Julani’s jihadists. The Islamic Revolutionary Guards have trained some of the members of this new paramilitary group, which is set to deploy in neighborhoods still sympathetic to the regime. Unlike the regular military units, though, these men and women, supposedly from as many factions as Assad could incorporate, will focus on guerrilla warfare. One supposes that those Al-Qaeda operatives will push forward and seek to pull as many rebel militias along with them as they can in pursuit of Sharia. Several younger Syrians are suffering from malaise that the Al-Nusra Front will have sidelined the Free Syrian Army in the process, including “intellectuals” who never did side with either Julani or the ayatollahs. Whereas before, there were chants of demonstrations taking risks for freedom, now, there are chants calling for Sharia. Even some Sunnis have avoided rallying behind the Al-Nusra Front, but they lost relatives who joined other rebel factions. One might think that special arrangements for evacuations would be necessary, but perhaps these younger Syrians have lost faith in the future already, as have the rest of their families. The tragedy would be stark for anyone associated with Western Christendom still lurking anywhere inside that country, and Russian President Vladimir Putin and his military manufacturers will end up content to prepare for a campaign of bloodshed. One of the Sharia sheikhdoms along the Persian Gulf could find its own initiatives lacking.:

Sky News: ‘Landlord’ of London: Emir of Qatar Visits PM
    Reuters: Egypt signals $2 bln Qatar loan already spent

For several years, I argued that big things can come in small packages, and evidently, Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani wanted to position himself as the Islamic champion of that view. The Qatar Investment Authority, no doubt with his approval, went on a shopping spree throughout Europe as this market meltdown sank into the general public’s consciousness, all because Thani and his family wanted to develop their own global network. Qatar was once a British protectorate, but it settled into being its own country when it refused to join the United Arab Emirates. The House of Thani has a working relationship with the House of Windsor, but it also wanted to look elsewhere throughout Europe. Throughout these investments, Qatar has aimed at moving between Islamic solidarity and individual self-sufficiency, attempting to enlist Prime Minister David Cameron’s advice on Syria. As a conclusive consequence, these investments are either an escape hatch for the House of Thani and its associates and sympathizers or a set of financial time bombs latched onto London’s market and Paris’ Muslim neighborhoods in case its support for the Muslim Brotherhood backfires… which, judging from the speed at which Muhammad Morsi and his advisors apparently managed to exhaust that new loan trying to bolster their country’s currency, looks increasingly likely to happen. Either way, I imagine that some cleric loyal to Al-Qaeda, the Nour Party, the Islamic Liberation Party, or some combination of the three will have a pretext to argue that we have magically subverted the Muslim Brotherhood and the House of Thani against Islam. According to the Egyptian Central Bank, that loan dropped into Egypt’s coffers two weeks ago today, and I’d venture a guess that foreign reserves are continuing to run dry. All this time, Qatar’s idea of payback has been charging Egypt above the market for its energy reserves, and as it does, the Anglosphere, France, Israel, India, and Japan can simply charge ahead with the energy and information revolutions. The rest of North Africa could start convulsing under the Salafis’ rampages through it in the meantime.:

New York Times: Some Algeria Attackers Are Placed at Benghazi
    Daily Telegraph: Britons and other Westerners told to leave Benghazi after ‘imminent’ terror threat

The “Islamic Empire of Mali” is the name that other Islamic terror groups have adopted for the territory they’ve carved out in West Africa, and some of the different entities may be starting to converge. According to the Algerian security teams examining the Amenas complex, Mokhtar Belmokhtar and his team planned their strike in northern Mali, now part of that designation. Even now, jihadists infesting Benghazi and other areas of Libya appear to be gathering strength for some new offensive, and the Secret Intelligence Service is on high alert, making Libya that much more vulnerable to a “security vacuum” likely to be filled by Al-Qaeda and militias willing to declare solidarity with them. President Barack Obama and Congress will need all the attention that they can get as this new threat emerges.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 27th January 2013 at 10:30 PM.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

Funny and here I thought Inaugural addresses were to address the nation and not act as campaign speeches.
    Then you should read up on inaugural adrdresses

What liberal issues? He's not a liberal.

You're clearly trying very hard to make it seem that the president isn't going to address the economy, but this is one of the weakest arguments you've presented. He said we have to address climate change, get equal pay for women, legalize gay marriage, reform immigration and protect SS and Medicare/caid. Which of these are policies?
    Why would he talk about them if he's not going to seek policy reviews about them at the very least?

Plus its not really a mystery what he want's to do to fix the economy. Progressive Tax Rate, spending, and debt reduction. Did you expect a lecture on keynesianism between random liberal issues?
    Fantasy economics in other words. Progressive tax being an essetial buzz word for higher tax.

Furthermore this talk of debt is absurd,
    Lol.

How did high debt ruin the post WWII economy?
    Countries like Britain owed significant debts to America. Now America owes significant debts to countries like China.

It didn't, the fact that politicians have convinced us that the real problem with our economy is debt and not unemployment is just another example of how (this includes Obama) they're trying to turn our attention away from the real problem of anemic job growth.
    Debt and unemployment are both problems he has failed spectacularly to deal with.

A fantastic episode of Stossel the other week. Upon Obama's re-election, his interviewer went around the Democratic after-party asking people what Obama's election meant. Cue wild overreactions similar to '08. Then, the lady asked them what his election meant for freedom. They were stumped. Clueless. Summed them up perfectly.
    Last edited by Snorunt conservationist; 25th January 2013 at 6:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post

Countries like Britain owed significant debts to America. Now America owes significant debts to countries like China.
    Which is nothing compared to the debt China owes to the United States

The U.S owes China in excess of 1.5 trillion, I think that China owes the U.S close to 750 billion (based upon some bond issue started over a 100 years ago I don't really know much about).

Mind backing up that statement, so far I have found nothing to show how much the U.S. owes in Chinese debt

BusinessWeek: Dexter Roberts: Corporate China’s Black Hole of Debt
    United States Department of the Treasury: Securities (b): Special Data Series

Is it me, or is reversal getting to be a recurring theme in perceptions of global politics? Incoming Chinese President Xi Jinping might have an even bigger financial fiasco to deal with than American President Barack Obama, and the global economic slowdown may have flatlined for the moment. The Treasury Department’s numbers could speak for themselves.:

• China: $1.254 trillion of United States debt in Nov. 2011, $1.155 trillion in Feb. 2012, $1.164 trillion in April 2012, $1.16 trillion in July 2012, and $1.17 trillion in Nov. 2012
    • Japan: $1.066 trillion of United States debt in Nov. 2011, $1.088 trillion in Feb. 2012, $1.087 trillion in April 2012, $1.12 trillion in July 2012, and $1.132 trillion in Nov. 2012
    • Oil exporters: $254.2 billion of United States debt in Nov. 2011, $267.6 billion in (Jan. and) Feb. 2012, $259.9 billion in April 2012, $266.5 billion in July 2012, and $260.1 billion in Nov. 2012
    • $38.49 billion in American sales of foreign debt in Dec. 2011, $14.21 billion in March 2012, and $3.83 billion in June 2012
    • $4.108 billion in American purchases of foreign debt in Oct. 2011, $742 million in April 2012, and $14.6 billion in Sept. 2012

This country has had more experience putting together a global system of constant trade and prosperity, no matter how many outbreaks of disintegration have broken out worldwide, and even now, at least one outbreak is manifesting itself in the very country seen as overtaking us. China’s total debt has remained above its total gross domestic product since this century began, and its companies have assumed an especially large load, whether in steel or construction machinery. The state apparatus set up by the Chinese Communist Party owns most or all of the debt-laden companies, meaning that any monetary mayhem would also ripple all the way up into the cadres of that organization. Indeed, back in August, the People’s Bank of China coordinated with various ministries launched an investigation into the scale of the debt in these companies, and at least some may point to alleviating overcapacity to better manage it. As these Chinese corporate executives attempt to figure out their next course of action, even a new Japanese organization’s recent proposal for East Asia might not suffice as a contingency.:

New York Times: Chinese Leader Takes Conciliatory Tone in Meeting with Japanese Politician

Soka Gakkai International has a new group inside Japan’s parliament encouraging reconciliation with China, and its main lawmaker, Natsuo Yamaguchi, flew to Beijing in an attempt to, as he apparently believes, open a new avenue for discussions with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, most likely to summarize any differences about the Senkaku Islands. Then again, considering the vehemence of the groups in question, the only plausible effect by now would be to buy time to incite trouble out of China. One spark would be enough to set East Asia ablaze, and if it doesn’t happen above that island chain, then by definition, any nationalistic factions within the Chinese Communist Party could want to look elsewhere, forcing the hands of not just Japan, but also two key countries further to the south.:

Voice of America: Marianne Brown: In Vietnam, Anti-China Protests Get Creative
    Voice of America: Daniel Schearf: With Burma in Mind, China Quietly Supports Wa Rebels

Talk about coming full circle. Some Vietnamese have turned their ire against the Chinese by making products exclusively in their home country, such as handbags, organic vegetables, and Tet commemoration envelopes. Most goods in Vietnam’s market are made in China, which is why these Vietnamese are thinking of alternatives. While these complaints have been constant for “literally” thousands of years, China’s recent diplomatic disruptions have exacerbated some of the most recent demonstrations. At least some nationalistic Chinese officials, perhaps buried within the People’s Liberation Army, might very well be looking to get into the business of ethnic destabilization in response by selling advanced weapons to a group calling itself the United Wa State Army, gaining a stake in a conflict once fought mainly between rogue Burmese military commanders and the Kachin Independence Army. Among the transfers are armored vehicles powerful enough to destroy tanks, and this group has made its money by dealing in heroin and meth. As Chinese military units mobilize under Xi Jinping’s orders, the People’s Liberation Army could solidify any ties to both the United Wa State Army and Soka Gakkai International to gather more opposition to the global pivot to East Asia, and President Barack Obama, Vice-President Joe Biden, and Senators John Kerry and Chuck Hagel would need all the attention to other modernization efforts that they could gather.:

Oilprice.com: Jen Alic: Kazakh Uranium: Eastern Giant Attracts Western Attention

Of all the substances that President Nursultan Nazarbayev and his advisors could have picked, they chose uranium, and Westinghouse is teaming up with Canadian and French nuclear power providers to descend on his country, which wants to “produce locally all material required for the nuclear fuel cycle”. Kazakhstan has enough uranium reserves to last for at least 70 years, and the rest of us might guess that it’s consulting with Japanese officials to devise measures guarding against a disaster similar to the one triggered by that earthquake back in March 2011. At any rate, the uranium market may be primed for a comeback, giving the Anglosphere a key hub directly between Russia and China, but also providing a new direct line toward the Middle East. If Turkish President Abdullah Gul and Qatari Emir Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani want to lurch away from Sharia solidarity and supremacy completely, then I think today would be a darkly apt day to do so.:

Ahram: Egypt Revolution’s 2nd anniversary: Rallies, marches, and street-cleaning drives
    Ahram: Morsi says ‘counterrevolution’ is obstructing Egypt’s development

Two years after President Hosni Mubarak’s resignation, my new favorite group of Islamic supremacists finds itself mired in speculation about a new revolution. Multiple marches have been descending on Tahrir Square, with socialists and Coptic Christians among them, I would guess. At least one of these marches was planned directly against President Muhammad Morsi’s palace, but the Muslim Brotherhood itself apparently didn’t want to participate, transmitting orders from its Guidance Office to regional cadres to protect its buildings across Egypt. For their part, the Salafi groups didn’t protest, either, and the National Salvation Front has contented itself with protesting the various policies plunging Egypt into turbulence up until now. As for Morsi himself, well, this demagoguery can’t do much to improve his reputation anywhere, so if investors start packing their bags – and money – and decide to reenact the Exodus, then I truly don’t see a way out. Egypt’s new constitution will have only enshrined its misfortune, and it could be even starker for any people with similar opinions and orientations back in this country.:

Daily Caller: Caroline May: More than $91.6 million in Medicare payments went to services for illegal aliens in recent years

So much for Medicare reform. If whoever’s backing the presence of these illegal aliens sees this country’s legal system as illegitimate, then they’ll have to evade it to preserve their collective identity. Only legal aliens are allowed to receive Medicare benefits, and this audit determined the extent to which improper Medicare and Medicaid payments were made in the name of “unlawfully present individuals”. For its part, the Department of Health and Human Services will most certainly need to recover that money, but if these advocates really have looked at the changes coursing through America and concluded that they will be incapable of fitting into these trends, then maybe draining Medicare was the point. The revolutions in information, energy, and especially cuteness will remain as they developed today, and Chinese nationalists and Sharia sheikhdoms alike could find themselves hemmed in more quickly than even we could guess.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    What liberal issues? He's not a liberal.
    Do you actually come here to debate, or is this more about making obvious statements. We all know Obama isn't a true liberal, a good portion of his base is, therefore he tends to talk about issues such as gay marriage to rally his base.

Fantasy economics in other words. Progressive tax being an essetial buzz word for higher tax.
    No, no its not. Taxing based on income isn't the same as a blanket increase, but please don't let facts get in the way of your ignorance.

1: America owes most of its debt to its own financial institutions.

2: As has been pointed out China is indebted TO US.

3: The country of America isn't like a freaking family that's on the verge of bankruptcy because it's creditors are demanding their money back. Chase, AIG, BofA aren't going to demand their debt be paid, in fact they want to forgive most of it.

Debt and unemployment are both problems he has failed spectacularly to deal with

I seem to remember unemployment falling. Maybe this would be going better if your buddies in congress didn't actually stymie economic growth by having a debt ceiling debate every few mknths (purposely pushing it back to further slow the economy). At this point in completely willing to say that house republicans are purposely doing this to curb economic growth to make Obama look bad, luckily it's backfiring hilariously.

Mind backing up that statement, so far I have found nothing to show how much the U.S. owes in Chinese debt
    Clearly didn't look to hard, after giving China Us debt I found three articles explaining the situation. It's already been explained in this very thread, so hopefully you lot can stop the hapless fear mongering.

I seem to remember unemployment falling. Maybe this would be going better if your buddies in congress didn't actually stymie economic growth by having a debt ceiling debate every few mknths (purposely pushing it back to further slow the economy). At this point in completely willing to say that house republicans are purposely doing this to curb economic growth to make Obama look bad, luckily it's backfiring hilariously
    You do realize the debt ceiling debate does little to hurt economic growth, especially when you compare it to programs like Obamacare which is forcing small businesses to cut employee hours.

Clearly didn't look to hard, after giving China Us debt I found three articles explaining the situation. It's already been explained in this very thread, so hopefully you lot can stop the hapless fear mongering.
    Then again you wouldn't mind posting said articles

You do realize the debt ceiling debate does little to hurt economic growth, especially when you compare it to programs like Obamacare which is forcing small businesses to cut employee hours.

Then again you wouldn't mind posting said articles
    First it is funny we keep bringing up spending, as only congress controlls the purse strings. This also gives Bush a pass and Clinton a strike against the few things he is remembered for.
    Second why does everyone call it Obamacare. Romney worked hard on it :P (Naw it's not really eithers fault but the idea that everyone needs health care and is not a bad idea, PRO TIP though, next time don't do it in a recession)
    Last edited by ebilly99; 28th January 2013 at 5:01 AM.

Thanks to treeco123

LIGHT SIDE HAS CUPCAKES
    DARK SIDE OFFERS COOKIES
    JOIN THE DERPY SIDE.... WE GOT MUFFINS

Quote Originally Posted by ebilly99 View Post
    First it is funny we keep bringing up spending, as only congress controlls the purse strings.
    Yes, but the Senate refuses to pass a budget, thus it continues off a continuing resolution based off of a high spending budget of a Democratically controlled Congress of 2009. This has been a massive point of contention for Republicans as the Democrats have refused to pass a budget that deals with the debt or the entitlement crisis.

This also gives Bush a pass and Clinton a strike against the few things he is remembered for.
    Except it is not that black and white, yes Clinton gave a surplus budget, but he did so on the backs of a .Com bubble and did nothing to provide protection against this bubble. He also did little to stop the impending terrorist attack on 9/11 which further weakened our economy. Now to be fair Bush signed off on large spending budgets under a Republican Congress, but it should be pointed out that the Republican's were actually going toward a more balanced budget from the spending highs of 2002/2003 when the Democrats took over in 2006 and went on a massive spending binge, when accelerated our debt ( See my sig and inclosed pic for proof of that )

http://abriefhistory.org/wp-content/...1992-20171.jpg

Second why does everyone call it Obamacare. Romney worked hard on it :P (Naw it's not really eithers fault but the idea that everyone needs health care and is not a bad idea, PRO TIP though, next time don't do it in a recession)
    -Care has been added onto any major medical proposal from the leader since Hillarycare in 1993, you have Romneycare in Massachusetts and you have Obamacare now.
    Last edited by BigLutz; 28th January 2013 at 5:15 AM.

One might have thought that entitlements and pensions would remain high for the rest of the country, but then, it may be because few, if any, have any idea about the course of the United States of America and its allies as the cuteness, energy, and information revolutions and Europe, Russia, and Islam’s cultural collapses speed along. If payback is the overriding impulse between any various ethnic activists remaining inside this country, then there is no limit to any political endeavors that the ensuing groups will undertake for these remaining election cycles. The irony would be boundless for anyone else caught in these trends.:

Los Angeles Times: As Obama takes up immigration, strategy poses a challenge
    Hill Hillicon Valley: Jennifer Martinez: Technology firms holding out hope for high-skilled immigration reform

As certain segments of the Senate attempt to join forces in setting new rules for verification of workers’ legal status and updating “the criteria for legal immigration”, worries are strong over direct intervention out of the White House. This group of Republicans and Democrats has been racing to hammer out a statement of common principles to stay ahead of this intended launch, and even Latino lawmakers were split on whether to counter this group or remain silent. For their part, technology companies, especially Apple and Google, are expressing encouragement over something known as the Immigration Innovation Act, which has Senators Marco Rubio and Amy Klobuchar among its sponsors. This new bill remains alone for now, but the very nature of the aforementioned revolutions could make certain types of jobs intended to be filled by whoever’s arriving as a result of these deliberations… obsolete, thereby nullifying the reason for existence of the societies of the people in question. As such, these new arrivals will inculcate instincts for as much destruction as possible, whether small or large in scale, and they could be all too eager to welcome support for certain sources with common agendas.:

Daily Beast: Ilan Berman: Iran Woos Bolivia for Influence in Latin America
    Fox News Channel: Iran Sentences American Pastor Saeed Abedini to 8 Years in Prison

The Islamic Revolutionary Guards and Iranian Supreme Ayatollah Ali Khamenei are pushing for revenge as their society crumbles, and it looks like they intend to take Pastor Saeed Abedini and his (alleged) network of churches down with them. The Bolivarian Alliance for the Americas opened a regional defense school a while back, and Iran provided operatives to indoctrinate the people attending the facility. Bolivian President Evo Morales welcomed initiatives to expand the reach of a television channel promoting diplomatic ties to Iran among Spanish-speaking people, and significantly, no one knows just how much lithium – or uranium – Bolivia has. In the wake of the current bloodbath in Syria, this may be seen as a dark tool with which to strike against North America. Closer to Tehran, the American Center for Law and Justice has to be stepping up its campaigns to alert the rest of the world to the “mockery of justice” that prevailed earlier this morning. The State Department remains in contact with the Abedinis, which should give Senators John Kerry and Chuck Hagel a fascinating reference point. Congress couldn’t move rapidly enough to improve this country’s radio broadcasting capabilities, giving our mission a constant platform for the rest of the world.:

Fox News Channel: Clinton Pushes for More Broadcasting of Pro-US Message, Raising Questions about Agency’s Mission

Outgoing Secretary of State Hillary Clinton called for a new focus on the Broadcasting Board of Governors, which includes Voice of America and Radio Free Europe in its main projects. Media broadcasters from other countries naturally have values differing from this country, especially Al-Jazeera, so perhaps some assistance will be helpful. I could think of a few talk radio hosts who’d welcome comprehensive discussions about and defenses of this country’s founding principles, but I’m not optimistic about the survivability of certain places worldwide. The House of Thani couldn’t have a more oddly apt position here.:

British Broadcasting Corporation: Sporting events shine spotlight on Qatar’s human rights
    Ahram: Egypt’s political rift widens as Islamists, opposition forces swap accusations

If the Central Intelligence Agency, the Secret Intelligence Service, the General Directorate for External Security, and the Federal Intelligence Service have contingency plans surrounding the House of Thani’s shopping sprees throughout Europe, then this new turbulence involving the Muslim Brotherhood could give a new reason among countless others to… confiscate any assets snapped up in response to this market meltdown. Qatar lobbied for the right to host the 2022 World Cup, perhaps laying the groundwork for its investments in London’s 2012 Olympic Village. However, Muhammad Al-Ajami still has that prison sentence, last I checked, and no input has been sought from ordinary Qataris or foreigners inside that patch of land jutting out from Saudi Arabia. One Ali Al-Kuwari is calling for reform, pointing to a lack of transparency from the House of Thani. They and their associates could dig in and spend as much money as they wanted on the transport networks and media forums necessary for this event, among other features, and all that would be left would be a rather huge and nasty fall for Al-Jazeera, Yusuf Qaradawi, and by extension, the rest of the Muslim Brotherhood. Indeed, the violent protests across Egypt this weekend could be pulling them closer to that fall already. This widening rift has the likes of Al-Gamaa Al-Islamiya accusing certain Marxian elements of fomenting the violence, which injured hundreds in cities as diverse as Cairo, Luxor, and Alexandria and even killed about 30 in Port Said yesterday. I can only guess that this leaves the Salafis and the Islamic Liberation Party to launch direct appeals to people still scattered throughout the Middle East into North Africa, so that we will have to adjust our strategies accordingly.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 28th January 2013 at 8:36 PM.

Do you actually come here to debate, or is this more about making obvious statements. We all know Obama isn't a true liberal, a good portion of his base is, therefore he tends to talk about issues such as gay marriage to rally his base.
    His base isn't liberal either.

This is basically your argument at this point. Obama isn't a liberal, yet he's pursuing a liberal agenda (which he isn't) in order to rally his "liberal" base (which aren't liberal). In short, Obama is pursuing policies he doesn't like or want. Ok. Cool.

No, no its not. Taxing based on income isn't the same as a blanket increase, but please don't let facts get in the way of your ignorance.
    I'm talking about the principle behind Obamanomics. Namely that "The Rich" must pay more under the guise of a "progressive tax system". Obama is a rich basher. The lowest form of class warfare.

1: America owes most of its debt to its own financial institutions.
    So what? It also owes trillions and trillions to foreign countries.

2: As has been pointed out China is indebted TO US.
    Not on the same scale.

3: The country of America isn't like a freaking family that's on the verge of bankruptcy because it's creditors are demanding their money back. Chase, AIG, BofA aren't going to demand their debt be paid, in fact they want to forgive most of it.
    Got any proof of that?

I seem to remember unemployment falling.
    Unemployment when Obama assumed power- 7.8%

Unemployment at time of election- 7.9%.

Unemployment rose over his time in power.

Maybe this would be going better if your buddies in congress didn't actually stymie economic growth by having a debt ceiling debate every few mknths (purposely pushing it back to further slow the economy)
    I'm not a Republican, but you've shown your level headed approach on this issue by blaming the debt ceiling entirely on them.

Hmm… Given everything I’ve typed in the past few months, this conclusion was inescapable. Even when I wondered about President Barack Obama’s arguments, I was always certain that he truly believed in them. If anything, that sense of decisive belief made his activities during his first term even more worrisome, but now, I have the opposite concern. These media-oriented groups will need all the alertness they can muster in order to keep this discussion in real time as often as possible… as will the rest of us.:

Fox News Channel: Conservative Media Watchdogs Push Back on Obama’s Fox News Attack

President Ronald Reagan designed and implemented policies expanding talk radio freedom, and Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity were and are two of the most hearable products of that expansion. If anyone could explain why free enterprise benefits everybody, then I imagine that those two men would do everything in their power. Maybe Reagan should’ve proposed a deal allowing them to broadcast their perspectives and opinions into certain parts of the world, and the point would’ve been to inculcate a culture of lawfully free speech among people in the streets, people who’ve yet to access any up-to-date technology and information at that time. In any case, I suppose it’ll be all that the rest of this country can do. Even earlier this afternoon, I remember hearing Mr. Limbaugh consider himself “boggled” that people could place their faith in someone with no idea “how any industry, business, or service works”. If anything, he may have answered his own concern, especially given the nature of the issue in question. The Republican Party wants to appeal to smaller businesspersons, while the Democratic Party has labor unions and racial activists in its corner, with information and energy companies holding their positions. That could bring this divide into a new light, so to speak. Market modernization has made these traditional cultures throughout this planet obsolete, so the only possible goal their people(s) could have in migrating here at this point would be to settle these differences once and for all. Latinos, blacks, and Arabs will shout each other down for whatever they can devalue, and no matter what other ethnic groups pop up, this form of collectivism will mark at least the next few election cycles. Of course, I haven’t even mentioned any backlashes that erupt in response to our pivot to East Asia, but perhaps it’ll happen in due time. For now, this could sideline the Republican Party on the national and local stages, but more disturbingly, it will be certain to turn the Democratic Party into a tool of ethnic and racial redistribution. The freefall of the Muslim Brotherhood and the House of Thani could only persuade others to join this wave, and Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, and other talk radio hosts would see their communication lines flooded. At least ordinary Malians could welcome efforts to explain the bloodlust and destruction encouraged by anyone still sympathetic to the jihadists.:

France 24: French special forces ‘to protect’ Niger uranium mines
    Daily Telegraph: British cocaine users helping fund Islamic terror groups behind Algerian siege and Mali conflict

Well, well, well. I think we just found a major clue as to how France’s nuclear power providers got the idea to reach out to Kazakhstan. Areva has some uranium projects in Niger, which, as I recall, was the subject of more than a few deliberations involving Saddam Hussein. At any rate, this elite team is using the mobilization against Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb to cover its attention, and Areva itself is stepping up its security protocols. The company’s been there for the past five decades, giving the Anglosphere quite a base of familiarity should we ever want to consult it. As French and Malian military units move deeper through the jihadists’ new fiefdom, their most secretive handiwork will and should give at least a few people chills. AQIM and its associates have shipments of cocaine fueling their revenue, including the military commanders of Guinea-Bissau. Drug cartels in Latin America are the main partners, allowing fees of up to $2,000 “for every kilo trafficked”, and the resulting profits went to the purchase of weapons in the wake of the conflict in Libya. At least some of the terrorists are even using the cocaine themselves, most likely as battle stimulants. The United Nations Security Council heard an annual estimate of $900 million in cocaine trafficking from former Russian Ambassador to Britain Yuri Fedotov, which, one might guess, will position Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb and Ansar Al-Sharia as rivals to the likes of the United Wa State Army farther to the east. If anyone can imagine a scenario in which People’s Liberation Army units find themselves confronting some bands of Islamic terrorists, then Abu Musab Abdel-Wadoud, Abdelhakim Belhadj, and Abu Muhammad Al-Julani could offer the most likely ideas, depending on the locations of Chinese investments. One suspects that these Salafis won’t hesitate to massacre their way through the Sunni-Shiite fault line in Syria, triggering consequences beyond even their control.:

Daily Star: Jumblatt in France: Lebanon should be spared from Syria crisis
    New York Times: Israel Prepares for Hezbollah Getting Syrian Weapons

French President Francois Hollande and his advisors must be more popular than they expected after this discussion. The Druze’s Walid Jumblatt has taken a position opposite Hezbollah and Bashar Al-Assad, calling on his people to join the likes of the Free Syrian Army, which may still be on alert for the Al-Nusra Front. Directly south, however, it sounds like Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu isn’t wasting any time. Military and intelligence officials have emphasized secrecy during their meetings with him, and no doubt they have some resources trained on the 30,000 Syrian refugees that have fled to Jordan in the past month. The Salafis are intent on completely ruining the country, and in all their revengeful rage, the ayatollahs could place Israel in their crosshairs after targeting Pastor Saeed Abedini’s family. All the Salafis would need to solidify their position would be successful outreach to the Nour Party and the Islamic Liberation Party and placement of clerics allied with them at Al-Azhar University. They would alarm no small number of people throughout Eurasia, including Russian President Vladimir Putin, Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev, and Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. Closer to Egypt, though, they – and we – could look across the Mediterranean Sea for further disruptions inside Europe.:

Greek Reporter: Andy Dabilis: SYRIZA Wants State Break with Church
    Greek Reporter: Andy Dabilis: New Democracy Keeps Lead over SYRIZA

Ah, Greece, widely seen as the epicenter of the European side of the global market meltdown. Fortunately for us, Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras has stayed ahead of the new Marxian leader in question, one Alexis Tspiras, who apparently wants nationalized banks, health care, and transportation, as well as dismemberment of the Greek Orthodox Church, and dislikes pay and pension cuts. Then again, at least for the moment, it appears that the Greeks still have faith in their democratic system, placing New Democracy at 29.2%, the Coalition of the Radical Left at 27.8%, and Golden Dawn at 11.6%. If it’s any help, Tspiras and his associates have avoided condemning any violence erupting recently in Greece as a result of the austerity measures favored by the likes of Germany, and even with the United States positioning its military units throughout the region, there may not be much preventing Greece from tipping over. Some anarchists tossed bombs at a bank in downtown Athens a couple of years ago, continuing their attacks against globalization at a shopping mall… this past week. Incredibly, even Golden Dawn has been targeted, while the latter believes in Jewish, read Israeli, influence over global banks. They could reach out to certain factions suspicious of even the Putinists’ corrupt entanglements, and Russia and Greece alike would be pushed that much closer to decline, especially in the face of those aforementioned revolutions. On the other hand, Al-Qaeda could attempt to contact its networks in the Balkan Peninsula, especially near, say, Albania and Kosovo, giving the Salafis a new foothold. Either way, Greece would be that much closer to having collectivists encircle and eventually overwhelm it. I’ll welcome any efforts to compare and contrast the Greeks’ situation with ours.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 31st January 2013 at 8:13 PM.

Page 9 of 140 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast