Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I don't think I could even solo monsters with a bowgun without the shakalakas around to provide a distraction.

Some are just way too aggressive to give me a clear shot at their weak points when I'm alone.
    I think you could still do it, it'd just take you a lot longer since you'd have to spend more time on the move.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Sometimes the distractions are a bad thing. I hate when monsters run away from me to attack the shakas and I have to chase them.
    I claim Larvitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    Sometimes the distractions are a bad thing. I hate when monsters run away from me to attack the shakas and I have to chase them.
    That can be a pain, but I'd honestly rather they start running away from me than at me.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That can be a pain, but I'd honestly rather they start running away from me than at me.
    I'd rather them run at me. Unless I need to sharpen or heal etc.
    I claim Larvitar!

I'd rather them run at me. Unless I need to sharpen or heal etc.
    I always use the opportunity to do so, or just sit back and do nothing. The only time I hate a monster running away is when it's running for another area.

Finally beat Ceadeus(wait scratch that, repelled him), I had one heck of a time doing so cause it kept moving out of the way of my GS. Which made me fail the first time but took me only five minutes the second time cause for an odd reason it still had the damage from before(not complaining about that).

So now I can finally start tackling High-rank quest's. I've got a lot of farming to do -_-
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Elder dragons have always had their health carried over go the next battle if you only manage to repel them in the older games. I think in all the 3rd gen games only Ceadeus has his health carried over whole the other elders you kill in one quest or you lose. I'm not sure though, since I didn't play tri fully.
    I claim Larvitar!

Elder dragons have always had their health carried over go the next battle if you only manage to repel them in the older games. I think in all the 3rd gen games only Ceadeus has his health carried over whole the other elders you kill in one quest or you lose. I'm not sure though, since I didn't play tri fully.
    This is my first MH game so I was a little surprised that it's health stayed the same on my second attempt. Kind of glad cause the time limit for repelling him was 35 mins, not that Ceadeus is hard it's just the fact it kept moving out of the way of my sword -_-
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    This is my first MH game so I was a little surprised that it's health stayed the same on my second attempt. Kind of glad cause the time limit for repelling him was 35 mins, not that Ceadeus is hard it's just the fact it kept moving out of the way of my sword -_-
    Yeah, I'm thinking of making myself some nice DS for use underwater, GS is just too cumbersome.

Grinding HR Brachydios. The guy is actually really fun to fight. I have one issue with him though, and it's a pretty big issue. In the rewards screen, this guy gives squat. I break both his pounders, I never get the pounder in the rewards. I break his scalp, I get one every other kill. After killing him and breaking everything, I get like 3 items from the rewards screen that are from him. then there's the random hard armour sphere and rare skarab.

I think he gives so few rewards because of the occasional shinies left over by his slime puddles which may make up for it. But I only ever get tears and the occasional slime item.
    I claim Larvitar!

Grinding HR Brachydios. The guy is actually really fun to fight. I have one issue with him though, and it's a pretty big issue. In the rewards screen, this guy gives squat. I break both his pounders, I never get the pounder in the rewards. I break his scalp, I get one every other kill. After killing him and breaking everything, I get like 3 items from the rewards screen that are from him. then there's the random hard armour sphere and rare skarab.

I think he gives so few rewards because of the occasional shinies left over by his slime puddles which may make up for it. But I only ever get tears and the occasional slime item.
    In HR you have a chance of receiving the following in the rewards:

Break his horn: Brach Scalp - 76%, Brach Carapace - 24%
    Break his wrist: Brach Punder - 59%, Mystery Slime - 27% and Brach Ebonshell 14%

You've got an additional 20% chance for a Pounder if you capture as well.

The pounder percentage is so high yet I rarely get them :/. Also, not including break rewards, he seems to give much less items (top half of rewards screen) than other monsters. Is this true or is it just unlucky me?
    I claim Larvitar!

Yeah, I'm thinking of making myself some nice DS for use underwater, GS is just too cumbersome.
    I know what you mean, I've been thinking of making an LS or DS myself especially for underwater combat.
    I'm thinking about going for Megrez's Asterism for a LS, cause even though it's 726 Atk, it has +50 aff, plus purple sharpness.
    An then possibly Alkaid's Asterism for DS still thinking about it though so it's not official.
    -Mewtwo

Well, just picked up MH3U and... holy crap, learning curves. Just having trouble finding a weapon type that "clicks" with me... most that I tried seem fairly slow and cumbersome (Lance, Gunlance, Axe, Hammer, Great Sword, Long Sword...), though I haven't tried out the ranged weapons yet either (full time work loves to eat up all my time).

Despite my friends raving about the game, I'm having trouble getting into it due to it feeling like such a slow start. I assume it gets better, obviously, but thus far... motivation to keep pushing forward is a little low due to the learning curve.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

The pounder percentage is so high yet I rarely get them :/. Also, not including break rewards, he seems to give much less items (top half of rewards screen) than other monsters. Is this true or is it just unlucky me?
    I think it's probably just unlucky you, but he also has way less items than a lot of monsters do. I haven't farmed him at all so I've really got nothing to compare for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    I know what you mean, I've been thinking of making an LS or DS myself especially for underwater combat.
    I'm thinking about going for Megrez's Asterism for a LS, cause even though it's 726 Atk, it has +50 aff, plus purple sharpness.
    An then possibly Alkaid's Asterism for DS still thinking about it though so it's not official.
    I like to start off with the Narga weapons, since they have good Raw attack, Sharpness and the added Affinity.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Well, just picked up MH3U and... holy crap, learning curves. Just having trouble finding a weapon type that "clicks" with me... most that I tried seem fairly slow and cumbersome (Lance, Gunlance, Axe, Hammer, Great Sword, Long Sword...), though I haven't tried out the ranged weapons yet either (full time work loves to eat up all my time).

Despite my friends raving about the game, I'm having trouble getting into it due to it feeling like such a slow start. I assume it gets better, obviously, but thus far... motivation to keep pushing forward is a little low due to the learning curve.
    You do need to make it past the learning curve, once you get used to the game you'll have an easier time getting into it. But it is difficult. If you're finding the LS and Switch Axe cumbersome I'd say about the only weapon you'd prefer is Dual Swords, everything else is quite slow. Beyond Sword and Shield, but that's not the greatest solo weapon.

Got full Brachydios armour and his dual swords gemmed out evasion down. It looks so badass!
    I claim Larvitar!

Got full Brachydios armour and his dual swords gemmed out evasion down. It looks so badass!
    His armour looks really cool, but I'm not so much a fan of the skills it grants.

His armour looks really cool, but I'm not so much a fan of the skills it grants.
    Challenger is good and looks cool, and adrenaline +1 helps me save on some potions while I wait for the shakalakas to heal me. Bombardier also helps since I'm using his weapons.
    I claim Larvitar!

Challenger is good and looks cool, and adrenaline +1 helps me save on some potions while I wait for the shakalakas to heal me. Bombardier also helps since I'm using his weapons.
    Yeah, I'm gonna be making his DS as well for fun. My friend made his LS so we're gonna go in and make our own Michael Bay film.

I got the 3ds mainly for monster hunter 3 ultimate. XD
    Breeding at its best is my pursuit! If I don't have it, tell me because I might just want to get it myself! I breed with egg moves intact, so let me know if you're interested in anything specific!
    I have all starters up to gen 5, as well as many DWF pokemon such as Dratini, porygon, eevee, bagon and more!
    I'm currently seeking: Jirachi, special ball ha females & shinys!

I find it silly that they treat the Ivory Lagiacrus like the final boss for the offline portion, seeing as the full credits roll after you beat it and all.

I ended up taking it down faster then I did any of the other subspecies. It's kind of laughable how much easier it is to fight with a ranged weapon then it is with a melee one, as it loves to leave itself wide open to attacks by electrifying itself while you're too far away for it to connect.

At least I still have the Alatreon to look forward to (Who's the real final boss of offline, as far as I'm concerned).

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I find it silly that they treat the Ivory Lagiacrus like the final boss for the offline portion, seeing as the full credits roll after you beat it and all.

I ended up taking it down faster then I did any of the other subspecies. It's kind of laughable how much easier it is to fight with a ranged weapon then it is with a melee one, as it loves to leave itself wide open to attacks by electrifying itself while you're too far away for it to connect.

At least I still have the Alatreon to look forward to (Who's the real final boss of offline, as far as I'm concerned).
    I don't think the Lagiacrus works well as a boss, it's just too easy. Really the only thing that makes it difficult is the fact that water combat is difficult. Alatreon makes a much better final boss, it's a tougher monster that you've never seen before.

I haven't gotten to I.Lagi yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Also do you have to unlock Alatreon? Like completing all quests or certain quests etc.
    I claim Larvitar!

I haven't gotten to I.Lagi yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Also do you have to unlock Alatreon? Like completing all quests or certain quests etc.
    Yeah, you've got to have completed all the Village Quests in order to unlock it.

Yeah, you've got to have completed all the Village Quests in order to unlock it.
    I'm guessing it's a G rank monster or does G rank damage?
    I claim Larvitar!

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast