Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    I'm guessing it's a G rank monster or does G rank damage?
    I would assume as much, but I don't know for sure.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

The quest you need to complete in order to unlock it puts you up against monsters with G rank damage values, and I'm pretty sure that it also does G rank damage (If the fact that it can still OHKO you with certain attacks even if you're in fully upgraded G rank armor is any indication).

So doing that quest after getting onto G rank online would be better if I want to keep my 3DS working?
    I claim Larvitar!

Well after three tries I finally managed to beat Jhen Mohran. I don't really like how you have to rely so much on the ship, and the fact that you can run out of Cannon and Ballista ammo. I much prefer the Lao Shan and Shen Gaoren fights from Unite.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Well after three tries I finally managed to beat Jhen Mohran. I don't really like how you have to rely so much on the ship, and the fact that you can run out of Cannon and Ballista ammo. I much prefer the Lao Shan and Shen Gaoren fights from Unite.
    I used dios dual blades and murdered him several times. The hardest part of the whole quest? Getting all 8 freaking carves... I manage it in P3rd but in 3U my recor is 6 carves. Most of the time I search for this head because hes so huge and I always end up where his tail is..
    I claim Larvitar!

I used dios dual blades and murdered him several times. The hardest part of the whole quest? Getting all 8 freaking carves... I manage it in P3rd but in 3U my recor is 6 carves. Most of the time I search for this head because hes so huge and I always end up where his tail is..
    That's what I ended up using, but I failed it the first time using them, then failed it again with my Narga GS. My problem was that the ship kept getting wrecked. I didn't know about the Binding Ballista so he was getting a lot of attacks in while I waited for the Hunting Gong to recharge.

That's what I ended up using, but I failed it the first time using them, then failed it again with my Narga GS. My problem was that the ship kept getting wrecked. I didn't know about the Binding Ballista so he was getting a lot of attacks in while I waited for the Hunting Gong to recharge.
    I didn't even know the ship could get wrecked in this battle. My ship never lost any integrity out of all the times I caught Jhen so I assumed they changed it and made the ship invincible so it would be easier.
    I claim Larvitar!

I didn't even know the ship could get wrecked in this battle. My ship never lost any integrity out of all the times I caught Jhen so I assumed they changed it and made the ship invincible so it would be easier.
    I wish, I wouldn't have wasted so much time then xD It's different from the battles in Unite. It starts out 'Normal', goes to 'Low' and then 'Warning' and that's the only indication you get, unlike the percentages in Unite.

I wish, I wouldn't have wasted so much time then xD It's different from the battles in Unite. It starts out 'Normal', goes to 'Low' and then 'Warning' and that's the only indication you get, unlike the percentages in Unite.
    In P3rd it was percentages too so I don't know why they would change that in 3U. It might not be a problem for me now, but then there's G rank...
    I claim Larvitar!

In P3rd it was percentages too so I don't know why they would change that in 3U. It might not be a problem for me now, but then there's G rank...
    Yeah it was really irritating for me as well, having no idea how much of a bind I was actually in.

I started using the switchaxe and love it. I'm using switchaxes a lot now and I guess I'm not too bad using it.
    I claim Larvitar!

Well, I unlocked the Mark of a Hero offline quest today, and I'm pretty sure it's not meant to be done in high rank gear, as the Ivory Lagiacrus absolutely refused to die, plus its weakest attacks were taking off nine-tenths of my health (That includes normally minor things like it bumping into me while it's moving...)

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Well, I unlocked the Mark of a Hero offline quest today, and I'm pretty sure it's not meant to be done in high rank gear, as the Ivory Lagiacrus absolutely refused to die, plus its weakest attacks were taking off nine-tenths of my health (That includes normally minor things like it bumping into me while it's moving...)
    I had a similar issue, even with my fully upgraded Rath Soul set. I spent ten minutes just wailing on it's chest and tail before I died from a Thunderblight stun combo. At that point I'd already used 5 Mega potions and there was no way I would have had enough left to fight a Dios and Azure Los at the same time even if Lagi had died the next hit. So I quit. I'll go back to that after I get my Cera Cemetery and some good G-Rank armour.

After taking a somewhat different approach to the quest (Namely, abusing the Lagiacrus' fire weakness), I was able to actually finish it.

It's kind of dumb that the only practical method of dealing with the Brachydios/Azure Rathalos duo is to run around and let the former damage the latter, though. Any attempts I made to attack either while they were both on their feet typically resulted in me dying somehow.

After taking a somewhat different approach to the quest (Namely, abusing the Lagiacrus' fire weakness), I was able to actually finish it.

It's kind of dumb that the only practical method of dealing with the Brachydios/Azure Rathalos duo is to run around and let the former damage the latter, though. Any attempts I made to attack either while they were both on their feet typically resulted in me dying somehow.
    I'll keep this in mind. Rathalos Gleamsword, here I come.

I got this game today

Seeing however, as I got with with another game, it's hard to say which will be played more
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

After getting owned by Alatreon one too many times, I decided to just give up for now and solo'd my way to G rank. The only thing I really had any difficulty with was the new move the Goldbeard Ceadeus has over its normal counterpart, as it's more or less unavoidable if you're in the wrong part of the map when it uses it (And it was a OHKO if it connected in my case)

I think now I'll finally get around to buying a Wii U so I can go online.

After getting owned by Alatreon one too many times, I decided to just give up for now and solo'd my way to G rank. The only thing I really had any difficulty with was the new move the Goldbeard Ceadeus has over its normal counterpart, as it's more or less unavoidable if you're in the wrong part of the map when it uses it (And it was a OHKO if it connected in my case)

I think now I'll finally get around to buying a Wii U so I can go online.
    I need to start farming Goldbeard, his armour set is almost perfect for GS, and he has the best Water weapons.

Wow, that colourful beasts quest is ridiculously easy. Everything that isn't Brachydios dies in less than 5 minutes and I keep getting los rubies. I got 2 rubies in the quest once. I got a few narga medullas but I haven't been able to get a jin jasper or a brachy jem yet. I made that sinister saints event switchaxe but I doubt I'll use it much since I have the upgraded brachy axe which has more attack and slime element.
    I claim Larvitar!

Wow, that colourful beasts quest is ridiculously easy. Everything that isn't Brachydios dies in less than 5 minutes and I keep getting los rubies. I got 2 rubies in the quest once. I got a few narga medullas but I haven't been able to get a jin jasper or a brachy jem yet. I made that sinister saints event switchaxe but I doubt I'll use it much since I have the upgraded brachy axe which has more attack and slime element.
    Slime starts to lose its usefulness later on though, since monsters have much higher HP and they have more time to build tolerance, not to mention you'll be able to make weapons with high element attack.

Slime starts to lose its usefulness later on though, since monsters have much higher HP and they have more time to build tolerance, not to mention you'll be able to make weapons with high element attack.
    I know, but it's not just the slime element. They have good raw too. Plus they look badass.
    I claim Larvitar!

I know, but it's not just the slime element. They have good raw too. Plus they look badass.
    They certainly do look very cool.

Hydrohs told me a while ago to post here as I apparently doomed myself with getting both this and FE, so. =p

I've been playing it about a week after it launch here (hurrah for it being cheaper on the eshop than stores here... when I have my region set to the UK. :V). Not as much as I'd have liked due to uni and etc. I've beaten Ceadeus in normal (I quite enjoyed that battle is only for the music; ages back my friend gave me the soundtrack and its theme was one of my favourites hands down) and done most of 6 star missions now, and got to HR3 in multi missions.

I use a long sword, and am waiting to unlock monsters to be able to upgrade a bunch of those. Probably should try getting a newer set of armour (just had the average Baggi upgraded a number of times for now).
    Last edited by bobandbill; 25th April 2013 at 3:44 AM.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Hydros told me a while ago to post here as I apparently doomed myself with getting both this and FE, so. =p

I've been playing it about a week after it launch here (hurrah for it being cheaper on the eshop than stores here... when I have my region set to the UK. :V). Not as much as I'd have liked due to uni and etc. I've beaten Ceadeus in normal (I quite enjoyed that battle is only for the music; ages back my friend gave me the soundtrack and its theme was one of my favourites hands down) and done most of 6 star missions now, and got to HR3 in multi missions.

I use a long sword, and am waiting to unlock monsters to be able to upgrade a bunch of those. Probably should try getting a newer set of armour (just had the average Baggi upgraded a number of times for now).
    Ceadeus is one of my favourite monsters to fight, only because of its theme. Besides the music it's really annoying. I just finished soloing the G-Rank Goldbeard Ceadeus, I managed to not die; got lucky with Cha-Cha and Kayamba healing me after I'd run out of potions, but it still took me ~40 minutes. His set is fantastic though and I don't want to wait until the next time my friend and I play together to farm him.

I've also been creating a myriad of different elemental Greatswords, had to farm Zinogre for a Jasper, that wasn't fun. It's unfortunate that there are so few good Dragon GS besides the Alatreon.

So I just repelled the Ceadeus with about 5 minutes to spare. I don't want to rush straight into high rank stuff and wanted to try some of the guild quest. Do you think I could do some of the low rank guild quest now or should i get farther in village quests?
    Last edited by Arcamenel; 25th April 2013 at 5:38 AM.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast