Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 366

Thread: Monster Hunter

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    I didn't feel like spending 20 to 30 minutes on each G rank quest, so I went out and bought a Wii U for the purpose of being able to go online with my 3DS.

    Gunning is so much easier when you've got a mob of blademasters keeping the monster relatively still, as opposed to having it chasing your shakalakas all over the map.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    So I just repelled the Ceadeus with about 5 minutes to spare. I don't want to rush straight into high rank stuff and wanted to try some of the guild quest. Do you think I could do some of the low rank guild quest now or should i get farther in village quests?
    LR Guild Quests should be a joke for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I didn't feel like spending 20 to 30 minutes on each G rank quest, so I went out and bought a Wii U for the purpose of being able to go online with my 3DS.

    Gunning is so much easier when you've got a mob of blademasters keeping the monster relatively still, as opposed to having it chasing your shakalakas all over the map.
    Oh sweet, we'll have to play some time.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    716

    Default

    What are you guys' favorite monster(s) to fight?

    3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    What are you guys' favorite monster(s) to fight?
    Mine's probably Nargacuga, I've fought a lot of them so become quite used to them and their weapons are really cool.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Route 12
    Posts
    871

    Default

    I've been playing way to much Harvest Moon: ANB, LoZ: Links Awakening, and Pokemon Black 2 that I've been neglecting MH. I'm still going through High rank Lv 6 village quests just gathering up materials :P
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

    3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,356

    Default

    I played my first online quest yesterday and I have to say, I'm quite impressed. No lag and despite the lack of any communication we took down a G-Rank Diablos in just ten minutes. I also played locally with three of my friends, we got all three of them up to G-Rank which allowed me to get enough Goldbeard Ceadeus parts to make the fulll Helios Z set. Just need to get a Diablos Hardhorn (God dammit) to complete my current armour set.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hyrule Castle Town
    Posts
    1,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    What are you guys' favorite monster(s) to fight?
    I actually enjoy fighting Jhen Mohran. I think Capcom really captured epic during that battle and the theme is great. Plus Jhen has the best monster roar and I love hearing it everytime he flinches or roars.
    I claim Larvitar!


  8. #208
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    I actually enjoy fighting Jhen Mohran. I think Capcom really captured epic during that battle and the theme is great. Plus Jhen has the best monster roar and I love hearing it everytime he flinches or roars.
    Those types of quests are a lot of fun, when the main theme kicks in it really sets the mood.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  9. #209
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Finally got back to playing this since I need a break from Fire Emblem. So far so good, I beat all the level four monsters (including that... worm...), got Cha-cha back and beat two of the wyverns, but now I'm stuck on Diablos. I'm not getting too many hits with the hammer in, which would be the best weapon type to deal with him?


    It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Finally got back to playing this since I need a break from Fire Emblem. So far so good, I beat all the level four monsters (including that... worm...), got Cha-cha back and beat two of the wyverns, but now I'm stuck on Diablos. I'm not getting too many hits with the hammer in, which would be the best weapon type to deal with him?
    Shouldn't be any real reason to switch weapons, stick behind him and attack his stomach/tail area. That deals the best damage.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    716

    Default

    I originally did Diablos with Snow Slicers+(Lagombi dual swords) and it took quite awhile because I couldn't avoid that damn tail. When I was doing the guild quest Diablos I used the Tusk Lance with Agnaktor armor and an Auto-Guard +10 talisman. I was able to break everything and take minimal damage.

    3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hyrule Castle Town
    Posts
    1,969

    Default

    I've always used the ice longsowrds to kill Diablos. That's rimeblade and its upgrades in this game.
    I claim Larvitar!


  13. #213
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Shouldn't be any real reason to switch weapons, stick behind him and attack his stomach/tail area. That deals the best damage.
    Thanks, took a while but I managed to take it down.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    I originally did Diablos with Snow Slicers+(Lagombi dual swords) and it took quite awhile because I couldn't avoid that damn tail. When I was doing the guild quest Diablos I used the Tusk Lance with Agnaktor armor and an Auto-Guard +10 talisman. I was able to break everything and take minimal damage.
    Yeah, the tail gave me the most trouble, it's quick and has good range so it's hard getting in there.


    It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Yeah, the tail gave me the most trouble, it's quick and has good range so it's hard getting in there.
    If you stick right in between his legs the only thing he can hit you with is his charge, you're safe from all his tail attacks.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    I fought my first Dire Miralis today.

    It really begs to destroyed by a heavy bowgun user due to its massive size making it easy to score multiple hits with normal shot 3 (Which I naturally took advantage of). It's also not that threatening overall due to how slow its attacks are, though it can hit hard enough to two hit KO regardless of how good your armor is.

    I was lucky enough to get a dire dragongem on both of my kills of it, which apparently has something like a 1% drop rate.

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,356

    Default

    I beat Mark of a Hero, and I sure felt like a hero after doing it. Cha-Cha should actually get the honours, he killed the Brachydios while it was enraged, I was keeping my distance because I'd already died twice and only had 5 Mega Potions left and didn't want to take unnecessary risk. Gave Alatreon a shot and that went positively terrible, I spent most of the quest running around healing until I ran out of healing items. It was hard for me to figure out when was safe to attack it. Does the damage you to do it save like it did when fighting the Elder Dragons in Unite?


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    You need to take it down in one go, unfortunately.

    I'm honestly kind of dumbfounded by the fact that some people have managed to beat it in less then five minutes using some rather interesting strategies. In the case of bowguns, it involves explosives. Lots and LOTS of explosives, since it takes insignificant amounts of shot damage for some dumb reason (Which was remedied in Portable 3rd, but not retained for 3G/Ultimate).

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,356

    Default

    I found that out when I went back in and its tail was attached again. But I beat it the second time, I did a lot better. Still took me a while though. My friend and I are going to be getting to HR8 over the weekend, I really wanna fight Lucent Narga.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  19. #219
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Oxford UK
    Posts
    428

    Default

    I finally brought this game and have already racked up about 15 hours of game-time, Just managed to break into the High Rank quests. Low rank seemed a carbon copy of tri but now all the sub-species are coming out to play the game is starting to feel fresh again.

    As I'm playing on 3DS I haven't been able to play any multi-player, which sucks but i'm planning on getting a WiiU soon. To everyone who plays this on the 3DS do you guys use the CPPro? I've found land battles are find using the target cam, but when it comes to water battles its a whole different ball game and becomes a chore.

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    I've successfully upgraded to the second-level Honey box so I can now start manufacturing Honey, which I desperately need. I also need Potions, since I have no money to buy any. Any recommendations on how to proceed from here?

    Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz View Post
    To everyone who plays this on the 3DS do you guys use the CPPro?
    I couldn't play it any other way. Not only because I mostly play on Wii U, but because it's so much easier to be able to manually adjust my camera with ease. A specific issue my friend is having is with Lucent Nargacuga, when it disappears the target camera stops, and will just go somewhere else and then instantly lock on when it reappears making it incredibly disorienting.

    Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    I've successfully upgraded to the second-level Honey box so I can now start manufacturing Honey, which I desperately need. I also need Potions, since I have no money to buy any. Any recommendations on how to proceed from here?
    Just buy Herbs and Blue Mushrooms from Granny Go-To in the thousands, they're dirt cheap.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Oh sweet, there IS a monster hunter thread.

    So anyway, i just finished clearing out 7 star village, getting closer and closer to Alatreon. I'm dreading the quest "mark of a hero" though, I've heard that its really difficult.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    Oh sweet, there IS a monster hunter thread.

    So anyway, i just finished clearing out 7 star village, getting closer and closer to Alatreon. I'm dreading the quest "mark of a hero" though, I've heard that its really difficult.
    It definitely can be, you need to come prepared. It helps if you've done G Rank first, since you'll be prepared for the damage output at least, and probably have better armour and weapons.

    Personally, I hate Alatreon more. It's incredibly annoying, but the only place to get High Rank parts.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Phew, well, mark of a hero was certainly challenging.

    I beat it on my first go, fainted twice. Although I did make it a bit harder on myself by forgetting max/ancient potions and meat.

    You'd be a maniac to try do mark of a hero with high rank gear, it took me 15 minutes to kill the Lagiacrus alone, and that was with a maxed out weapon.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    I beat it on my first go, fainted twice. Although I did make it a bit harder on myself by forgetting max/ancient potions and meat.
    Pretty impressed that you did it without max health, that must have been some pretty skilled dodging.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •