Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 366

Thread: Monster Hunter

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Oh man, I love 3 Ultimate. I had bought Tri for the Wii when it first came out and I loved it. I finally beat the Alatreon, absolutely loved the game. Found out this was coming out so I bought it for Wii U after trying the demo on my friend's 3DS (didn't feel like downloading it on my own). Unfortunately, I have to work my way back up the Hunter Rank, and it's slow going. I have terrible weapons and armour, so I'm consistently dying despite my relatively large amount of experience with the game (they're basically the same game). However, it's still fun. That's what I love about this series, that no matter how you're doing, it's still fun (except when the Rathalos kills you in Area 8 in D. Island and while you're on your way back your team-mates kill it). That's all for now from me.

    Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    Oh man, I love 3 Ultimate. I had bought Tri for the Wii when it first came out and I loved it. I finally beat the Alatreon, absolutely loved the game. Found out this was coming out so I bought it for Wii U after trying the demo on my friend's 3DS (didn't feel like downloading it on my own). Unfortunately, I have to work my way back up the Hunter Rank, and it's slow going. I have terrible weapons and armour, so I'm consistently dying despite my relatively large amount of experience with the game (they're basically the same game). However, it's still fun. That's what I love about this series, that no matter how you're doing, it's still fun (except when the Rathalos kills you in Area 8 in D. Island and while you're on your way back your team-mates kill it). That's all for now from me.
    If you keep dying then you're having trouble remembering the biggest skill you should have gained from Monster Hunter: Not getting hit.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    If you keep dying then you're having trouble remembering the biggest skill you should have gained from Monster Hunter: Not getting hit.
    No, I'm still dodging pretty well, and I can avoid almost everything that's coming at me, however there are a few problems outside of my current control: I don't know the new monsters, so I don't know the tells yet (though I will soon); sometimes I get hit even though I shouldn't, or because my button push didn't register, or just random mistakes or whatever; and those times when I do get hit, my armour is so weak that it deals much more damage than it should, or I can't heal up in time and get hit again right away.

    Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,744

    Default

    It's kind of jarring how much harder the high rank monsters hit then the low rank ones. Makes me wonder how nasty the G rank ones will be.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    No, I'm still dodging pretty well, and I can avoid almost everything that's coming at me, however there are a few problems outside of my current control: I don't know the new monsters, so I don't know the tells yet (though I will soon); sometimes I get hit even though I shouldn't, or because my button push didn't register, or just random mistakes or whatever; and those times when I do get hit, my armour is so weak that it deals much more damage than it should, or I can't heal up in time and get hit again right away.
    Your armour doesn't really make a huge difference. HR armour will make a difference on LR monsters, and G Rank armour will make a difference to the lower too. But going naked vs using LR armour against LR monsters, you'd hardly see a difference. Just keep focusing on learning when to dodge, it'll serve you better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    It's kind of jarring how much harder the high rank monsters hit then the low rank ones. Makes me wonder how nasty the G rank ones will be.
    I almost quit playing when I first moved up to HR quests in Freedom Unite, you'll be prepared for the jump in difficulty when you get to G rank though, and you'll be more skilled as well. It's not quite as bad, but they hit hard.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Just picked up my copy of MH3U for the 3DS. I know what I'll be doing for spring break next week :c

    3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,196

    Default

    Having never made it past the tutorial part in Tri, I just fought Lagiacrus for the first time. It was super easy, he never made it into the water, I'm sure it would be harder there, however. Mostly due to how frustrating the water combat is.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mossdeep City, Hoenn
    Posts
    116

    Default

    I have a question, I'm not sure if any of you saw it yet, but after you repel the Lagiacrus, you unlock a Felyne Gunlance. I really want to get the gunlance because it looks freaking adorable, but i have no idea how to get pawprint stamps, if anybody can help, thanks!

    I love MH, MH3U is my favorite because I find it to be easier to function than MHP3. Plus my first MH game was Tri, so adding on to it makes me like it even more. I really hope America gets a MH4 release and I can't wait for that one either!


        Spoiler:- FC:



    30 BP ( I need more..)

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Route 12
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meismadatyou View Post
    I have a question, I'm not sure if any of you saw it yet, but after you repel the Lagiacrus, you unlock a Felyne Gunlance. I really want to get the gunlance because it looks freaking adorable, but i have no idea how to get pawprint stamps, if anybody can help, thanks!
    You can get Pawprint stamps from Felyne (12% drop), and Melynx (20% drop).
    I discarted the first couple of pawprint stamps I got cause they were worth nothing, but I didn't know they were used to make weapons. If any of them are used to make a GS, LS, or Sword and Shield I should probably consider keeping them them next time.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

    3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,744

    Default

    I managed to finish the offline Jhen Mohran quest with less then 15 seconds left on the clock yesterday, which gave me the biggest feeling of accomplishment I've had playing the game so far.

    It's much harder then in the original Tri, due to you only having a limited amount of ballista and cannon ammo to work with, which necessitates that you have a good weapon and know where its weak points are if you plan on defeating it, as if you aren't able to cause enough damage, you won't be able to stagger it enough in order to keep it from destroying the ship.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    716

    Default

    I downloaded last week and this week's DLC. Um...how exactly do I take my armor off so I can do the "Streaking with Bullfangos" quest? o.o

    3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,744

    Default

    Just go to the storage box in the tent near Neko and unequip your armor there.

    I don't really understand why they opted to put the equipment box so far from the quest lobby in Ultimate...

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mossdeep City, Hoenn
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    You can get Pawprint stamps from Felyne (12% drop), and Melynx (20% drop).
    I discarted the first couple of pawprint stamps I got cause they were worth nothing, but I didn't know they were used to make weapons. If any of them are used to make a GS, LS, or Sword and Shield I should probably consider keeping them them next time.
    thanks, and I want to make Dual Swords with them!


        Spoiler:- FC:



    30 BP ( I need more..)

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    You can get Pawprint stamps from Felyne (12% drop), and Melynx (20% drop).
    I discarted the first couple of pawprint stamps I got cause they were worth nothing, but I didn't know they were used to make weapons. If any of them are used to make a GS, LS, or Sword and Shield I should probably consider keeping them them next time.
    Every item has a use, you've have tons of storage so there's no point in discarding any items you receive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I managed to finish the offline Jhen Mohran quest with less then 15 seconds left on the clock yesterday, which gave me the biggest feeling of accomplishment I've had playing the game so far.

    It's much harder then in the original Tri, due to you only having a limited amount of ballista and cannon ammo to work with, which necessitates that you have a good weapon and know where its weak points are if you plan on defeating it, as if you aren't able to cause enough damage, you won't be able to stagger it enough in order to keep it from destroying the ship.
    I know that feeling. There's a Village Quest in Freedom Unite where you've got to fight a One-Horned Diablos that has incredibly high HP, it took me many tries to finally beat it within the time limit, and when I finally did I only had five minutes left.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Just go to the storage box in the tent near Neko and unequip your armor there.

    I don't really understand why they opted to put the equipment box so far from the quest lobby in Ultimate...
    I never played Tri, but it was the same in both Freedom Unite and Portable 3rd, your equipment box is only in your room.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meismadatyou View Post
    I have a question, I'm not sure if any of you saw it yet, but after you repel the Lagiacrus, you unlock a Felyne Gunlance. I really want to get the gunlance because it looks freaking adorable, but i have no idea how to get pawprint stamps, if anybody can help, thanks!
    I've just found random ones when fighting monsters after they've killed the Felynes and stuff milling about. If you see a sparkle on the ground, go for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I managed to finish the offline Jhen Mohran quest with less then 15 seconds left on the clock yesterday, which gave me the biggest feeling of accomplishment I've had playing the game so far.

    It's much harder then in the original Tri, due to you only having a limited amount of ballista and cannon ammo to work with, which necessitates that you have a good weapon and know where its weak points are if you plan on defeating it, as if you aren't able to cause enough damage, you won't be able to stagger it enough in order to keep it from destroying the ship.
    Really? That's different...how does it work? Is there like an ammo count nearby or something? I'm not really anywhere close to the quest at the moment but I'd like to know now.

    Also I love killing monsters with only a few seconds left. So epic.

    Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hyrule Castle Town
    Posts
    1,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    As a GS user and previous LS user I still can't play without always being able to adjust the camera.



    No one will complain about the claw, the claw is perfect. That's why it was developed in the first place. Being able to adjust the camera the way you want at all times is incredibly important, it can mean the difference between life and death, some monsters move around very quickly, sometimes you have to fight more than one monster. There are a lot of scenarios where you want to be attacking and observing your surroundings.



    That's interesting, and it now makes little sense why the text is so blurry on the 3DS.
    A lot of people complained about then claw because it was painful, uncomfortable and the gunning controls were weird. I think that's a load of crap though, I played P3 for almost 200 hours and Unite for almost 100 and I don't find it uncomfortable in the slightest. Honestly, out of the whole time I used the claw, my fingers actually hurt less than they have been hurting playing 3U less than a week due to the 3DS and CPP's harder buttons..

    I beat Duramboros today with only THREE SECONDS remaining. Freaking crazy. The thing has so much health, I even attacked it regularly and everything. I have no idea why it took so long. Maybe it's because of the peco hammer I was using, and my overall experience with using hammers. Most mosters I killed around the 5 min mark and then this guy takes pretty much the whole time to kill.
    Last edited by Tyranitarquake; 26th March 2013 at 11:24 PM.
    I claim Larvitar!


  17. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    A lot of people complained about then claw because it was painful, uncomfortable and the gunning controls were weird. I think that's a load of crap though, I played P3 for almost 200 hours and Unite for almost 100 and I don't find it uncomfortable in the slightest. Honestly, out of the whole time I used the claw, my fingers actually hurt less than they have been hurting playing 3U less than a week due to the 3DS and CPP's harder buttons.
    The claw can be uncomfortable at first, which is to be expected, but I'm with you here, it's way more comfortable than the CPP.

    I beat Duramboros today with only THREE SECONDS remaining. Freaking crazy. The thing has so much health, I even attacked it regularly and everything. I have no idea why it took so long. Maybe it's because of the peco hammer I was using, and my overall experience with using hammers. Most mosters I killed around the 5 min mark and then this guy takes pretty much the whole time to kill.
    Shakalaka Savior II? I'm doing that quest now, I actually ran out of time on my first attempt because I hadn't brought any whetstones with me, I figured the two I got would be fine. I never had this issue in MHP3rd. It was frustrating because I got him limping but my wailing on him with red sharpness was getting nowhere fast.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    Really? That's different...how does it work? Is there like an ammo count nearby or something? I'm not really anywhere close to the quest at the moment but I'd like to know now.

    Also I love killing monsters with only a few seconds left. So epic.
    You simply stop being able to pick up any more ballista or cannon ammo after you pick up enough, kind of like a standard gathering point. I can't help but wonder if it's the same in the harbor version of the quest meant for multiple players, as I was running out of ammo about halfway through each phase of the fight, so multiple players would exhaust the supply even faster. When you're dealing with a tougher Jhen Mohran, that would be problematic, seeing as people sometimes had trouble killing it in Tri even with an infinite stock of ammo to take advantage of.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Route 12
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Every item has a use, you've have tons of storage so there's no point in discarding any items you receive.
    I know that now lol.
    But at the time during the quest I got something else that I needed and my pouch was full, and the pawprint stamps just didn't seem that important.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

    3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hyrule Castle Town
    Posts
    1,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The claw can be uncomfortable at first, which is to be expected, but I'm with you here, it's way more comfortable than the CPP.



    Shakalaka Savior II? I'm doing that quest now, I actually ran out of time on my first attempt because I hadn't brought any whetstones with me, I figured the two I got would be fine. I never had this issue in MHP3rd. It was frustrating because I got him limping but my wailing on him with red sharpness was getting nowhere fast.
    Did he get some sort of buff in this game? I don't recall him having this much health in MHP3rd..
    I claim Larvitar!


  21. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    Did he get some sort of buff in this game? I don't recall him having this much health in MHP3rd..
    My guess is, and with no data to back it up (shame all the good databases are gone or just support Freedom Unite), it's just that one quest, to make it more difficult.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hyrule Castle Town
    Posts
    1,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    My guess is, and with no data to back it up (shame all the good databases are gone or just support Freedom Unite), it's just that one quest, to make it more difficult.
    There's another Duramboros hunting quest which I'm guessing is a key quest also. I hope this one is much easier, I don't want to waste another 50 mins fighting the same thing a second time especially since I don't need his armour or weapons. I'm aiming to complete all village quests so I'll have to do it anyway, and the freaking powderstone quest.. which are the only 2 quests I have left before the urgent and whatever new quest that gets unlocked after the urgent.
    I claim Larvitar!


  23. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    There's another Duramboros hunting quest which I'm guessing is a key quest also. I hope this one is much easier, I don't want to waste another 50 mins fighting the same thing a second time especially since I don't need his armour or weapons. I'm aiming to complete all village quests so I'll have to do it anyway, and the freaking powderstone quest.. which are the only 2 quests I have left before the urgent and whatever new quest that gets unlocked after the urgent.
    The gathering quests are usually what bother me the most. The Powerderstone quest will be a pain, and I hate the Goldenfish quests as well. I'll spend 50 minutes fighting a monster as an alternative any day.

    Except Plesioth.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    716

    Default

    I'm so addicted to this game @_@. I'm not that far in though, just finished the quest to capture the Blue Azuros. I failed it two times because I killed him >.> The third time he stopped to take a breather so I just set up an ez shock trap in front of him. He stepped right on it and I used two tranquil bombs to knock him out. Now there are some Great Jaggi in the woods that I'll be killing for parts -.o
    Last edited by Arcamenel; 29th March 2013 at 5:40 AM.

    3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,196

    Default

    I'm doing a bit of farming in preparation for the Ceadeus quest/HR. Gonna make myself the Rathalos set and the Wyvern Jawblade. Just gotta farm Diablos for the sword, I'll have to do Rathalos a few more times though, but that's no big deal.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •