Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What turns in the Pokemon World would blow your mind?

I would like it if they made a game or manga like this, you start off as Giovanni's son, but decide you want no part of you're fathers business so you decide to go on you're own pokemon journey (Giovanni's probably fine with this, since he doesn't seem as much of a hard arse), you defeat the kanto region and move onto the jhoto region but you are approached by exc's of team rocket explaining that you're father had been injured, so you end up going to sinnoh, it turns out that team galactic had summoned the power of giratina and planned on ruling the world (I don't want to type any complicated or interesting plot line's so I'll just get to the point) You lose and get thrown into giratina's world but shaymin rescues you and pulls you into a parallel dimension in which both shaymin and celebii live (along with a few other legendary pokemon), shaymin say's that he's willing to help you defeat giratina before it's to late and arcues is awoken with blinding rage in the worst case scenario of him destroying the world. So shaymin and celebii both come back with you and through much effort do you defeat giratina and put him back into his dimension and destroy team galactic, later on do you find out that it was a ruse by you're father to eliminate team galactic, and he mentions of another team in the unova region, you are outraged by the proposition of you're father but you cannot agree with plasma so you both team up to defeat team plasma. Even if Giovanni wasn't you're father the fact of joining up with an evil organization to take down an evil organization reminds me of chicagos gangster wars + makes for various add on plot twist's and various endings.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

The game would start late game, preferably only a few moments before the Hero's/Heroine's final fight with the antagonist. The Hero/Heroine fails and the antagonist succeeds in whatever they were plotting. It would then pop up something like "30 years later..." and have you start as that Hero's/Heroine's Niece/Nephew in the midst of the obvious resulting hell of the antagonist's success. Rather than collecting the 8 gym badges, the goal of this game would be simply to usurp the antagonist and restore things to the way they were before your Uncle/Aunt was killed/captured. (since this game is targeted towards children, the latter is more likely than the former.) Your rival (and partner) would be your brother/sister and your goal would be to defeat all of the main antagonist's Lieutenants/Generals until you've reached their main stronghold, at which point you'll be thrown through a hellish amount of battles with very little places/chances to stop and heal.

I would also envision several possible endings to this story:

*You join the antagonist and imprison your brother/sister when they attempt to defeat him.

*Your Brother/Sister joins the antagonist and you're thrown into a battle with them before you have a chance to challenge the Antagonist, who will then challenge you immediately upon defeating your brother/sister (if you can. I'd script it so that all of their pokes are equal level to yours to make it a completely fair fight.)

*You succeed. Post game will then consist of an E4 challenge similar to HGSS; where the Gym Leaders, E4 and Champion all have high level pokemon, this would take place 6 months - 2 years after completion of the story and the Champion would be your Uncle/Aunt.

*You defeat the antagonist, but fail to remove the influence of the organization and either become imprisoned only to later escape and become a fugitive of the law. (this ending gives you a retardedly high amount of battles post-game. Generally against Law Enforcement.)

*You free the Hero/Heroine from incarceration and they defeat the main antagonist, only to take their place as leader of the organization. You then team up with your brother/sister to battle them and can either win or loose. If you win, the ending is the same as if you succeed (only with a different person as Champion) and if you Lose, Game Over flashes across the screen (reverting you to your last save/heal.)

Total: 575 W/285 L

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Spoiler:- Examples of my work:

Quote Originally Posted by Rasati
    "Run away? We could have ran away at any time we wanted, but would we find true freedom if we ran away from our problems? We may succeed in a temporary escape, but unless we grasp true victory by fighting we'd live in constant fear that our freedom might be taken again. It's meaningless unless freedom is earned through winning battles."

Ash hitting puberty.

Friend Code X: 1977 0173 5858 Friend Code White: 4212 4353 3277

Ash actually winning a league

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrotechnet View Post
    A friend of mine asked me the question, "In your Pokemon universe, are you going to have any huge plot twists that will make Pokemon fans look and say 'Wow. I never would have expected that'".

So that brought me to wonder. If a huge game were to be released where all Pokemon universes from different games came together, and one big story unfolded, what kind of plot twists would just blow your mind? I'm talking with any character, or any event. What would you love to see just upturn everything you ever thought.

His example was pretty drastic, but it was:
    "Finding out that the reason why all these kids are going out so young is that they and their families are the survivors of a war and Lt. Surge is one many people who watch over these children and guide them as they grow up"

(if this is the wrong section, sorry!)
    If pokemon was actually a virtual reality, testing children's reactions to being in a world where you catch imaginary monsters and fight with them O___0
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Celebi's connection w/ the GS Ball, I read a theory on it on how it appears and battles w/ you b/c it wants to prevent Kurt from releasing on what was in that ball.:P

Also a backstory on the Pokemon war.

A darker, grittier storyline and/or backstory.

And if some of the Pokemon we know now started going extinct. I know some of them are on the verge now.
    Pokémon Y Friend Code: 4441-9508-9799
    In-game name: Daniel

I have an Electric Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, and Luxio.

Quote Originally Posted by Monochrome Dreams View Post
    Definitely a Pokemon game with a significantly darker storyline. Like if Team Plasma were to have beaten Black/White and being a character that is apart of the Resistance or something.
    I second this, a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    Ash actually winning a league
    Ash actually won the Orange League.

But otherwise, I will be surprised if Ash defeated the Elite Four or Champion.

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

What about... Cyrus tries to destroy the universe (again), and all the other evil team leaders help the player stop him. Then Arceus gets mad, and BOOM! No more blue-haired emo dude.
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

I would be surprised to see the protagonist dying.

Cyrus NOT reappearing in some kind of Sinnoh "Take II". I still believe that guy is out there to make the universe a better place.

But, really. I can't imagine any Evil Bosses other than him (except Remakes) actually reappearing.

If there was a FF-type landscape, instead of the Tall Grass scenario. Like, you actually see an Onix lurking around or a pack of Mightyena. And instead of the world freezing in a battle, it'd continue. Wild Pokemon, based on their dispositions, could team up. Of course, some trainers would too, but hey. And while it'd be tempting to send out all 6 Pokemon at once, you'd have to follow League regulations. Except for dire situations, such as an immensely powerful Pokemon rampaging or a natural disaster (a la Pokemon Ranger). Running away would actually depend on your Pokemon's speed as well, but you'd have to leave combat (a la FFXII). I think that'd be fun, especially if the Pokemon reacted towards each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

If we want to get technical, any idea that Nintendo uses that is mine would blow my mind. But I had a couple ideas that at least one of my friends said they wouldn't see coming.

Catching your own starter - professor gives you a no-fail pokeball and sends you into a field of starters and you can choose to catch it or run.

A world big enough to have an east and a west side - your starting town is at the north and at the start of the game you come to a crossroad where you decide which side is the main game and which side is post game. Levels change to account for each.

In that game, the two sides are at war, but each side's "president" is actually a pawn of the evil team leader who wants to devastate the region as a whole and claim it for himself.
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

My mane pokeymanz in x
    facebook.com/geeksforjesus
    2ds friend code - 4613 7899 0504
    Looking for: purified shadow pokemon, pokemon in hg/ss exclusive pokeballs, y exclusive mega stones

A different motive to start the journey. I had a fanfic idea (that I might still pursue) of a foolish trainer trying to break up the efforts of an evil Team (I had a small post-GSC Team Rocket in mind) only to get in over their head, but released by the team to do finish their journey on grounds that they join the organization once they become a more power trainer under threat of being pursued.

You would then be tracked by members of that team over the course of the game- maybe even give the player options to determine who they gain the favor of. The climax would then be dealing with that reckoning at the end of the game. Who in the team sympathizes with you would affect the ending.

I like James' idea, since it gives you accountability for your ultimate fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdrawer View Post
    If there was a FF-type landscape, instead of the Tall Grass scenario. Like, you actually see an Onix lurking around or a pack of Mightyena. And instead of the world freezing in a battle, it'd continue. Wild Pokemon, based on their dispositions, could team up. Of course, some trainers would too, but hey. And while it'd be tempting to send out all 6 Pokemon at once, you'd have to follow League regulations. Except for dire situations, such as an immensely powerful Pokemon rampaging or a natural disaster (a la Pokemon Ranger). Running away would actually depend on your Pokemon's speed as well, but you'd have to leave combat (a la FFXII). I think that'd be fun, especially if the Pokemon reacted towards each other.
    I came into this thread looking for an answer that would take me off-guard and make me wonder why I hadn't thought of it myself. And here I find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Italianbaptist View Post
    A world big enough to have an east and a west side - your starting town is at the north and at the start of the game you come to a crossroad where you decide which side is the main game and which side is post game. Levels change to account for each.

In that game, the two sides are at war, but each side's "president" is actually a pawn of the evil team leader who wants to devastate the region as a whole and claim it for himself.
    You don't even need a way, just getting to start a journey from different sides of the map.

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

If The Trainers without Fathers suddenly found out they all had the same father, and is locked away somewhere.
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/no61ic.jpg[/IMG]

Credits to FairyWitch for the buttons and Sworn Metalhead for the Userbar!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12