Thread: Why is mirage island to rare?

Question Why is mirage island to rare?

I never understood the point of mirage island.
    Why is it so hard to find it, when it has only wynaut and liechi berry there?
    You can catch wobuffet in other areas...

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lugia View Post
    I never understood the point of mirage island.
    Why is it so hard to find it, when it has only wynaut and liechi berry there?
    You can catch wobuffet in other areas...
    At the time, pre-evo's weren't ever found in the wild. In addition, if I remember correctly, the liechi berry was a VERY good berry to have too.

You have to keep in mind its just an extra in the game, they weren't going to a put a legendary on it considering how difficult it is to get to.
    ----------------------------------

Pinch berries were very good back in the day. Trust me if they put the Salac bery ingame it would be far harder to obtain

Wait but can't status moves easily outdo pinch berries?

Here's why it's so hard to get to (quoting from Bulbapedia here):

"Every day, a random number between 0 and 65535 in hex (that is between 0x0000 and 0xFFFF) is generated by the game. If this number matches the last two bytes of the personality value of any of the Pokémon in the party in hex, Mirage Island will appear for that day. The number is generated at 0:00 hours every day and it is active for 24 hours. Even though play time has nothing to do with the real-time clock, a game that has reached the maximum time of play (999 hours and 59 minutes) will not generate Mirage Island numbers anymore."

And the Liechi Berry helps make the best PokéBlocks, which are gold. It makes sense that it would be hard to get. It also only has one berry on the tree when you get to it, but if you plant it somewhere else, it can have up to two berries at a time (though it can get more in Generation IV), but it takes 96 hours to grow.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I hope if GF does make a remake of R/S/E they would let us find the island easier w/ other method. And put something else neater there.
    Kalos shinies (Some):
    - Vivillon Hunt Complete! -

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

I never cared for Mirage Island. I mean there was no real purpose to it in my opinion. Sure, you could catch wild Wynaut but you could easily hatch them from eggs. And the Liechi Berry wasn't that useful unless you were making Pokeblocks and I don't know anyone who even bothered doing that. Besides, you could still get one from the event Zigzagoon that was given out at GameStop, so Mirage Island wasn't necessary. The whole island was just a cheap gimmick imo.

didn't origionally care, but I've NEVER gotten there!!!!! I Want to get there, leichi berry for bragging rights!

^ Not everyone could go to where gamestop is!

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

It's all in the Leichi Berry...

Mirage Island is very rare because it appears in a 1 out of 65535(?) chance. Which is way more rare than a Shiny Pokemon or Pokerus.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

I never even seen that island before D: nya~
    "It's hard enough breaking a limited edition 3DS that a girl cherished,
    but breaking her feelings like a thin layer of ice is another thing..."