Thread: Golbat

Default Golbat

My golbat started evolving at level 24. I got scared because I knew it couldn't and then it stopped.

Why scared? Golbat will start evolving when its happiness reach the minimum value required for evolution.
    Last edited by Pogaymon; 18th December 2012 at 1:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    Why scared? Golbat starts will start evolving when its happiness reach the minimum value required for evolution.
    This. And its final evolution is very good and has higher stats, so IDK why you want to stop the evolution. You're missing the good things of it.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

If you don't want your Golbat to evolve, let it holds an Everstone. Then, you won't need to press B everytime it levels up.

No I haven't beaten the game so it wouldn't have evolved anyway.this was firered
    Last edited by LAWLZ FUNNY MAN; 18th December 2012 at 1:42 AM.

Doesn't matter if you haven't beaten the game. My Golbat evolved at a pretty early level in SoulSilver, and I had just reached Ecruteak City when it dd. There's nothing wrong with having a Crobat before you beat the game. Though it might depend on where you are in the game that you decided to hold off on it for a little bit longer.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Yeah golbat cant evolve properly in fire red without the national dex.

Yeah first I knew that, but I thought it was a glitch so I worried

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon,master View Post
    My golbat started evolving at level 24. I got scared because I knew it couldn't and then it stopped.
    Golbat evolves depending on its happiness, and the National Pokédex is not needed for it to evolve. I once had one evolve at level 23, just after I beat Whitney in HG. However if you want a challenge I guess you can hold off on evolving it, but that would be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Golbat evolves depending on its happiness, and the National Pokédex is not needed for it to evolve. I once had one evolve at level 23, just after I beat Whitney in HG. However if you want a challenge I guess you can hold off on evolving it, but that would be stupid.
    No you need national dex to get Golbat to evolve in FIRE RED/ LEAF GREEN ONLY since the pokedex oak gives you doesnt include golbat. Scizor and Steelix are the same way as well as blissey.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    No you need national dex to get Golbat to evolve in FIRE RED/ LEAF GREEN ONLY since the pokedex oak gives you doesnt include golbat. Scizor and Steelix are the same way as well as blissey.
    Hmm.... in FR/LG Golbat isn't a native pokemon to it's original and native land of Kanto(that makes no sense). I guess I don't remember, seing as how I haven't played these games in forever. But I'll take your word for it.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 18th December 2012 at 3:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Yes - this is true.

Leaf Green was my first Pokemon game. I caught a shiny Zubat (my first shiny) and kept it in my party. I had looked it up online and knew that it evolved into Golbat, then into Crobat (which could learn Fly) when its happiness was high enough, but didn't note that it couldn't do it before the National Dex.

I watched that thing start to evolve, then stop, probably eight or nine times. I was positive it had high enough happiness, but the damned thing just wouldn't evolve. It'd start... then stop. I finally gave up and parked it in a box.

When I got the National Dex, I realized that a whole bunch of new pokemon became available and had my first understanding of what this whole regional dex/national dex thing was about. On a hunch, I got Golbat back out and fed him a Rare Candy and Hey Blammo - Crobat, and a matching entry in the National Dex.

In FireRed and LeafGreen ONLY you can't evolve your Pokemon into one other that isn't native of Kanto dex. The evolution of this Pokemon is allowed only after obtaining National Dex.

Despite the Pokemon starts evolving, the evolution will be cancelled by itself before being completed. This happens also with Chansey, Onix and Scyther when evolving into Blissey, Steelix and Scizor, respectively as long as player still with Kanto Dex.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    In FireRed and LeafGreen ONLY you can't evolve your Pokemon into one other that isn't native of Kanto dex. The evolution of this Pokemon is allowed only after obtaining National Dex.

Despite the Pokemon starts evolving, the evolution will be cancelled by itself before being completed. This happens also with Chansey, Onix and Scyther when evolving into Blissey, Steelix and Scizor, respectively as long as player still with Kanto Dex.
    Yeah that happened with my chansey once

"98% of teens wont stand up for God. Copy and Paste this into your sig if your one of the 2%"
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Crobat is my fave pokemon and I always have him in my in-game playthroughs, so its kinda annoying I cant have him for facing the Elite Four in LG/FR. I always feels incomplete and awkward. The Zubat line is nothing without Crobat.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
    Yes - this is true.

Leaf Green was my first Pokemon game. I caught a shiny Zubat (my first shiny) and kept it in my party. I had looked it up online and knew that it evolved into Golbat, then into Crobat (which could learn Fly) when its happiness was high enough, but didn't note that it couldn't do it before the National Dex.

I watched that thing start to evolve, then stop, probably eight or nine times. I was positive it had high enough happiness, but the damned thing just wouldn't evolve. It'd start... then stop. I finally gave up and parked it in a box.

When I got the National Dex, I realized that a whole bunch of new pokemon became available and had my first understanding of what this whole regional dex/national dex thing was about. On a hunch, I got Golbat back out and fed him a Rare Candy and Hey Blammo - Crobat, and a matching entry in the National Dex.
    Hey I remember you! Thanks for helping me out with all of my threads over a year ago! (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ite&highlight=)

in another game mine evolved at level 23

I don't think it's a glitch all right. I've been hearing of similar incidents and you can't get it's evo yet until you have the National dex.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
    Yes - this is true.

Really don't like that rule....

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Yeah pretty sure it can not possibly evolve without the national dex.

Firered and Leafgreen are really annoying in that manner, being very anal about trades and making you do an entire post-game mission just to be able to trade with R/S/E. (I'm happy HG/SS lets your Pokemon evolve into things like Mamoswine without the national dex).

Some of you Pokefans need to grab yo' selves a FR LG game, because there are glitches in that game like no other compared to today's games. "Golbat can't evolve without National Dex! blahblahmeeehhhh!". Obviously, they never met missingno. in R and B, which FR and LG are remakes of... Which obviously was kind of like a beta 2.0 to Gamefreak, considering HG and SS's feature of the region. So why wouldn't you expect there to be a small glitch. Come on, get with the showgram.