Hello, and welcome to the fourth edition of the Fakemon Club! This is a place to discuss your fakemon, fake moves, fake abilities, fake evolutions, fake items, fake regions, and so on. You can discuss related topics, help others, or get help yourself. We also have the occasional contest. The third edition was run by Sike Saner and was an active club with lots of creativity. I hope we can make this edition just as fun!
If you were in the last club and haven't posted yet, I'm afraid you've missed the deadline. You'll have to join back up as a new member.
Here are the rules and information from the last version of the club. They’re good ones, so no need to change them.
Rules and Requirements - These are things you MUST do, no exceptions.
1. Follow SPPf's rules and the rules specific to its Clubs section at all times, of course.
2. When you want to join, please at least imply that you want to join. You will be given only three chances to get this right. If you have made three posts in this club and none of them have even so much as implied that you want to join, then you will not be allowed to join. After all, if you didn't do what this post specifically asks you to do in order to join, then I have reason to doubt that you've read these rules.
In order to join, you must post at least one fakemon. Try to make it a good one and you're in easy enough. Give its type and a brief appearance description (or picture, or link to a thread containing images or descriptions of the fakemon) at minimum. Again, you get three chances to do this. If you have made three posts without including a fakemon with the necessary level of information about it, then you will not be allowed to try to join again for a month, after which you may try again (in case you simply hadn't come up with sufficient detail about the fakemon, this gives you some time to do so ).
If a joining post you've made was missing necessary information and you were not accepted, please do not simply edit the needed information into the old post and then make a new post just to ask if the old post's all right now.
3. Treat other members with respect. If you think someone's fakemon is bad, do not flame/make fun of him/her. Criticize the fakemon/move/et cetera, not the person who made it--for example, if you think someone's fakemon/move/et cetera idea is a bad idea and you say as much, that's one thing, but calling someone an "idiot" for having an idea that you think is bad is out of line. Criticism should be given and taken respectfully--it's not the end of the world if someone has an idea that you don't like or feel could be better; it's not the end of the world if someone criticizes your work; and it's not the end of the world if someone doesn't take your advice.
4. Do not harass other members for not commenting on your fakemon/fake move/fake region/etc. It's perfectly all right to politely express desire for feedback (adding something like "Comments are appreciated" in a post containing a fakemon or fake move or that sort of thing is one example of how that can be done), but don't make people feel like they have to comment on your ideas. Simply expressing disappointment about not receiving comments in a civil manner is fine; just please don't get on anyone's case about it, and don't expect that anyone will have something to say just because you've said you want them to say something.
The punishments for breaking the rules are as follows:
Break this club's rules and you'll receive a warning.
Receive three warnings and you'll be banned from the club for a month.
Receive five warnings and you'll be permanently banned from the club.
You'll also be permanently banned from the club if you post in the club while you're under a temporary ban from the club.
The exceptions are the penalties for breaking the rules that have to do with joining (again, the punishments for those offenses are listed alongside each of those rules), and breaking the rules of the Clubs section and/or SPPf in general. Break the Clubs rules and/or the general SPPf rules and your offending post will simply be reported.
Banned List: No one yet. Let's try to keep it that way, shall we?
Guidelines and Suggestions - These are things you don't necessarily have to do, but we'd really like for you to consider doing nonetheless.
1. After you have made your joining post, it's preferred that you not post in the thread again until you have been accepted into the club by the owner, the second-in-command, or one of the co-cowners. An exception would be if your joining post did not contain the necessary information and you thus had to make another joining post.
2. Visit and post at other people's fakemon threads, especially if it's new, as it might be hard to get started and receive posts.
3. If you're using a fake type, tell us about its attacking effectiveness, defensive effectiveness, etc. Odds are someone will want to know and ask anyway, so you might as well provide the info. If your fake type is a work-in-progress and you haven't figured out or decided how it matches up against other types, mention as much--you might even find members willing to help you determine how your fake type works.
4. Preferably make your fakemon/types/region/gyms/abilities/etc. detailed, because it is much more fun to read about them then. (As a matter of fact, you must include some detail at all if you wish to join.)
5. You might want to refrain from post anything that could be considered too "n00bish"--if you post something like (for example) an evolution for Arceus, a type that's super-effective against everything and has no weaknesses, or a OHKO move that always strikes first and never misses no matter what, don't be surprised when it gets serious criticism.
6. When posting pics, it's preferable to post a link to the image rather than actually posting the image itself, especially if the pic is large, for the sake of mercy unto those who have slow connections (like me- Ysa).
7. Please try to at least use decent grammar. Perfect grammar is not required, but at the very least try not to use chatspeak--type "you" instead of "u", "people" instead of "ppl", etc. Things along the lines of "lol", "wtf", "imo", and "btw" are fine, though.
8. If you get a name change, please let me know. That way I won't inadvertently chew someone with an unfamiliar name out for not stating that they want to join when in reality they're already a member. XD; It's preferred that you don't post just to say that you've gotten a name change, though; if you don't have anything else to say besides that, PM me to let me know about your name change instead.
Now, the Members List:
The owner can add new members and ban people, but otherwise we're all just equals.
Second In Command: Dilasc
Can do the same stuff as the owner, and if the owner is inactive for some time (whether it be for vacation or anything), he/she will take over the club until the owner is back.
Nobody at the moment.
Co-owners can pretty much do the same thing as the Owner. Do not ask to be a Co-owner, ever! You must prove yourself worthy of the position with qualities such as activity, prolificity, and helpfulness.
King of Pichus
Evernis the Parallel
Totodile is BEAST
Members can start topics just like the owner, second-in-command, and co-owners can, but cannot induct or ban other members.
Currently going on:
Name: Scalange (French of Angelfish, Scalaires and Ange)
Ability: Pressure/Intimidate DW: Hydration
Classification: The Abyssal pokemon
Height/Weight: 2 feet 7 inches tall. 82 pounds
Description: Scalange is like an angelfish from hell (if that makes any sense). It has a thin body that has a long 'beak', a pear-shaped body with the larger end towards it front, a tall tail fin that seems to have a frayed edge, and large devil-wing shaped side fins. Being from the deep ocean, Scalange has bio-luminescent scales. It has a color scheme of pale yellow, bright orange, and bright crimson, with some black outlining. The color pattern around its eyes makes it seem as though it is big and angry.
Pokedex: When it angles its fins in such a way, it uses shadows to make scary faces and images of voids pop into their victims heads. It shucks their soul away while they're terrified.
Suggestions and new ideas (and activity...) are always welcome here.