Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fighting Gamers Club

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    Well, my idea is sort of like Super Smash Brawl...like we add ALL of the fighting game character's into one game, then have them fight each other. It'll be hilarious seeing Tekken face off Pikachu...
    It's a good idea, but think of all the memory it'd use up. 0_0 But it would be even more hilarious to see Dan Hibiki fight Scorpion or Goku (if outsiders are allowed) fight Taokaka. Anyways, I've been practicing some SCV and I've started to hold my own against hard level cpus, not dominating them yet, but getting there. Nightmare is an utter beast.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    It's a good idea, but think of all the memory it'd use up. 0_0 But it would be even more hilarious to see Dan Hibiki fight Scorpion or Goku (if outsiders are allowed) fight Taokaka. Anyways, I've been practicing some SCV and I've started to hold my own against hard level cpus, not dominating them yet, but getting there. Nightmare is an utter beast.
    Oh jeeze...Dan ahaha...Hes like...Mr. Satan ahahaha XP

Oh and speaking of high level CPUs I played some Melee yesterday and I totally forgot how much tougher Lv 9s in Melee are compared to Brawl...I also I forgot how frickin dangerous Dr. Mario is... #_#
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Melee harder than Brawl? I dont think so...Brawl also has much better graphics
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

I don't remember much of Melee, but I believe Melee was a faster fighter than Brawl was. Attacks seem a bit more swifter and characters fell down faster so you had to react better. Melee also had a single Air Dodge use and a Perfect Shield mechanic where a projectile could be reflected back by any character if they timed a shield perfectly. Also Brawl seems to be generous in how far away one can be when trying to grab an edge, though I do like how in Brawl one can grab the edge backwards, unlike Melee.

i can't really contribute to this but i would think brawl and malee would be the same kinda play right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    i can't really contribute to this but i would think brawl and malee would be the same kinda play right?
    Do Soul Caliber 4 and 5 play the same? I would assume they don't. Like, there would be changes in the feel of it in some places, but overall it would be the same game. Know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    Do Soul Caliber 4 and 5 play the same? I would assume they don't. Like, there would be changes in the feel of it in some places, but overall it would be the same game. Know what I mean?
    well they do have the same mechanism but they do switch around movesets on charcters and stuff...

well they do have the same mechanism but they do switch around movesets on charcters and stuff...
    Yes, the same thing happened with the move from Melee to Brawl. Moves are changed in the hopes of making a more balanced fighter. This happens to every next installment of a fighter, but sometimes the changes aren't for the best or well received. Besides moves other things like shield strength, jumping height, damage amount, a whole lot of other things can get tweaked around.

Yes, the same thing happened with the move from Melee to Brawl. Moves are changed in the hopes of making a more balanced fighter. This happens to every next installment of a fighter, but sometimes the changes aren't for the best or well received. Besides moves other things like shield strength, jumping height, damage amount, a whole lot of other things can get tweaked around.
    ahhhh i see now so yeah...its like ivy in soul calibur IV and V...its alot easier to use her in III then the newer games...she doesn't have her whip stance anymore like in III...its all combined now when playing her which makes her harder to use...

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    Melee harder than Brawl? I dont think so...Brawl also has much better graphics
    Hmm no Melee metagame is a lot faster paced than Brawls metagame. Same goes for the CPUs. Melee CPUs give you a lot less free time to do what you want as opposed to brawl CPUs...like honestly in Brawl the CPU has to be lv 9 for it even to be a challenge at all. But in Melee a lv 9 can be very very difficult.

Soo new topic time I think: Since we seem to be on the topic of character transition from game to game What would you like to see changed added or removed in the next installment of any fighting game?
    Last edited by Touché Amoré; 2nd March 2013 at 2:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tokyo/seven View Post
    Hmm no Melee metagame is a lot faster paced than Brawls metagame. Same goes for the CPUs. Melee CPUs give you a lot less free time to do what you want as opposed to brawl CPUs...like honestly in Brawl the CPU has to be lv 9 for it even to be a challenge at all. But in Melee a lv 9 can be very very difficult.

Soo new topic time I think: Since we seem to be on the topic of character transition from game to game What would you like to see changed added or removed in the next installment of any fighting game?
    I was going to ask something similar but forgot. Anyway, I want the next Smash to do the obvious balance attempt. But more specifically I hope they make Final Smashes (should they return) to be delegated to its own button instead of taking over the Neutral B button. I also want those bonus points to return, the ones from Melee that gave you points for doing specific things. Like "KO 64", "No R 4 U", uh.....etc. I hope you Melee players know what I'm talking about >.>

I was going to ask something similar but forgot. Anyway, I want the next Smash to do the obvious balance attempt. But more specifically I hope they make Final Smashes (should they return) to be delegated to its own button instead of taking over the Neutral B button. I also want those bonus points to return, the ones from Melee that gave you points for doing specific things. Like "KO 64", "No R 4 U", uh.....etc. I hope you Melee players know what I'm talking about >.>
    ahh yes that was a really aweosme part of melee! i was really surprised why it wasnt in brawl though i also hope it retures in the new game. also one thing that i want to happen in the new one is that some of the current charachters moved return *cough*kirby fireball*cough**cough* and have some dissapear(cant think of example right now). and for there to be more options of battle (time , stock, coin, style, and some new ones.)

banner made by Lucina Archealis (I don't think I spelt that right OTL)
    ^U^ I LOVE Crona from soul eater!
    owner of the silver fan club
    VM me and such if you wanna play some SSBB! im always up for a challange!

Quote Originally Posted by colorless-winter View Post
    ahh yes that was a really aweosme part of melee! i was really surprised why it wasnt in brawl though i also hope it retures in the new game. also one thing that i want to happen in the new one is that some of the current charachters moved return *cough*kirby fireball*cough**cough* and have some dissapear(cant think of example right now). and for there to be more options of battle (time , stock, coin, style, and some new ones.)
    Yes the bonus point system was cool. And yeah if some characters could be less nerfed this time around that would be just fantastic XP also new battle types would be cool I agree. But still what I want the most is another character from F-Zero. Like there are so many F-Zero characters that would fit in nicely (Super Arrow pleaaaaseee !)

eh, I'm gonna join this club now >.>

Hey I love fighting games can i join,

Username: Auaria~
    Game you like to play the most: Mortal Kombat 7, Super Street Fighter 4, Dead or Alive...(sorry if that's too many :/)
    Online name (if you have one): I haz none...I think...
    system(s): uhhhh...the only systems I have w/ a fighting game (and wifi) is the 3DS ;<;
    why you like fighting games: well, Im quite sadistic, so I just enjoy beating the crap out of people when I'm angry or bored...and they're enjoyable, imo :3
    have you read all my rules?: yes ^^

thnx for reading, hope I did this right
    Last edited by Seles; 3rd March 2013 at 5:59 PM.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Quote Originally Posted by Auaria~ View Post
    eh, I'm gonna join this club now >.>

Hey I love fighting games can i join,

Username: Auaria~
    Game you like to play the most: Mortal Kombat 7, Super Street Fighter 4, Dead or Alive...(sorry if that's too many :/)
    Online name (if you have one): I haz none...I think...
    system(s): uhhhh...the only systems I have w/ a fighting game (and wifi) is the 3DS ;<;
    why you like fighting games: well, Im quite sadistic, so I just enjoy beating the crap out of people when I'm angry or bored...and they're enjoyable, imo :3
    have you read all my rules?: yes ^^

thnx for reading, hope I did this right
    its fine welcome to the club accepted

Since we seem to be on the topic of character transition from game to game What would you like to see changed added or removed in the next installment of any fighting game?

Buff some characters and nerf some characters. Generally it's best to have gathered opinions, but more often peeps get tense to defend their character.

Moving on to my character dogmatic rambles. Imho, Yoshi lacks good step catchers. I have to resort to FC3K, 33_99B, 214A, and at times 9K. They catch step nicely, but I literally have to be wary when using them on competent opponents. The BEs of Yoshi kind of suck. Like they don't have much except used if you hit confirm them or in a wall combo.

Everything else on Yoshi is just about right for me, because I still have lot to go before I'm recognized as a worthy Yoshimitsu in SCV. Meaning I need to have the ability to talk about Yoshi in good theory talk.

All I can think of at the moment is Pikachu's Volt Tackle in Brawl. Good Arceus how I wish that was changed into the running one. At first, I really couldn't even control it and sometimes I get stuck between something, then it ends. If running, it could be a little more difficult, but at least I won't get stuck and my opponents won't run away from me. Also, I have thought about my opponents jumping in the air to dodge, but I think it's capable for Volt Tackle to also work midair as well as on land.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    All I can think of at the moment is Pikachu's Volt Tackle in Brawl. Good Arceus how I wish that was changed into the running one. At first, I really couldn't even control it and sometimes I get stuck between something, then it ends. If running, it could be a little more difficult, but at least I won't get stuck and my opponents won't run away from me. Also, I have thought about my opponents jumping in the air to dodge, but I think it's capable for Volt Tackle to also work midair as well as on land.
    While I personally feel like Pikachus Final Smash is pretty deadly as it is especially on small stages I agree if it were a charging attack like Ganondorf or Marth it would be much more dangerous. In fact I feel like it would be so much more dangerous that Pikachu might even jump up some tier places. I mean Pikachu is still ranked pretty high. In the Bs I think. but imagine if it were able to retake the #1 spot like it has in SSB 64. Now that would be something lol

While I personally feel like Pikachus Final Smash is pretty deadly as it is especially on small stages I agree if it were a charging attack like Ganondorf or Marth it would be much more dangerous. In fact I feel like it would be so much more dangerous that Pikachu might even jump up some tier places. I mean Pikachu is still ranked pretty high. In the Bs I think. but imagine if it were able to retake the #1 spot like it has in SSB 64. Now that would be something lol
    Yea, Volt Tackle is amazing on small stages, which I love it for that. But, on stages like Temple, it's pure hell. Anyone can run away from it and then take cover, while I'm there trying to get them. Yea, Ganondorf's and Marth's Final Smashes are very dangerous. I for one know how it is to fly off the stage when missing an opponent. But, it doesn't stop me from using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Yea, Volt Tackle is amazing on small stages, which I love it for that. But, on stages like Temple, it's pure hell. Anyone can run away from it and then take cover, while I'm there trying to get them. Yea, Ganondorf's and Marth's Final Smashes are very dangerous. I for one know how it is to fly off the stage when missing an opponent. But, it doesn't stop me from using them.
    Yes normally Marths Final is not one you should try attempting while in the air haha XP And I guess its a good thing for Pikachu stages like the Temple are banned from most tournaments mostly because of the fact it makes it too easy to run and hide from your opponent.

Yes normally Marths Final is not one you should try attempting while in the air haha XP And I guess its a good thing for Pikachu stages like the Temple are banned from most tournaments mostly because of the fact it makes it too easy to run and hide from your opponent.
    Really? I didn't know it was banned because of that. Well, shucks, I need to say that when I play with my friends. They always pick Temple when I play with Pikachu. D:< But, on the Temple, Finals like Zelda/Sheik's Light Arrow really come in hand since it can go to walls.

wow stages are banned in tournaments for brawl wow never new that XD but i know for sure in soul calibur VI hilde was banned from tournments...it was crazy...she was pretty cheap in that game...

wow stages are banned in tournaments for brawl wow never new that XD but i know for sure in soul calibur VI hilde was banned from tournments...it was crazy...she was pretty cheap in that game...
    Yep. Since a lot of them have traps and stuff like that and since tournaments are like skill based its kind of lame when you win/lose because of some kinda of shenanigen the stage has aha

Yep. Since a lot of them have traps and stuff like that and since tournaments are like skill based its kind of lame when you win/lose because of some kinda of shenanigen the stage has aha
    hahahah yeah anyway i think its time for a new topic...

umm...

new topic: What is the character in your current fighting game your playing seems a bit too broken and should be banned and please explain why he/she should be banned? Give a full explination why he/she is banned don't say she should be banned cuaz she/he is cheap -_-

hahahah yeah anyway i think its time for a new topic...

umm...

new topic: What is the character in your current fighting game your playing seems a bit too broken and should be banned and please explain why he/she should be banned? Give a full explination why he/she is banned don't say she should be banned cuaz she/he is cheap -_-
    According to my big brother ( who usually owns me owns me at fighting games), nightmare from SCV is like this. I can see why, his immense power, his damn amazing counters, surprising mobility, and the ability to completely change the momentum of the match make me see how damn good he is.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast