Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 578

Thread: The Fighting Gamers Club

  1. #276
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    L.A. County, California
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post

    (Doesn't matter what fighting game) What is your favorite cool move you like to do and explain?(it could be more then one)
    I love to Meteor Smash on Brawl. If a character can do one, I will most likely attempt one with that character at least once. Ike is my favorite to Meteor Smash with, that loud BOOM is so satisfying to hear. I also do it with Toon Link, and hit more than miss usually.

    Heh, Marth's Critical Hit isn't always a OHKO. I've managed to block it with Ike's flinch time thing twice before.

    Sorry, I know this is an old topic, but I don't see why I can't still answer ^_^;

    Pokemon Global LinkMy Games
    Fairywitch made the Fizzy Bubbles icon & the three banners with white-haired women || Dwlr made the one with text

  2. #277
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    I love to Meteor Smash on Brawl. If a character can do one, I will most likely attempt one with that character at least once. Ike is my favorite to Meteor Smash with, that loud BOOM is so satisfying to hear. I also do it with Toon Link, and hit more than miss usually.

    Heh, Marth's Critical Hit isn't always a OHKO. I've managed to block it with Ike's flinch time thing twice before.

    Sorry, I know this is an old topic, but I don't see why I can't still answer ^_^;
    its fine just as long as its not a really old topic then it would be not right anyway me and gothic have been disccussing...i will be ready to think about modding two more people for the club...i will have results for tommorow...two members that have been pretty active for the club so far ^_^

    TEF Guild~TEF Spreedsheet~ TEF Tournaments~TEF Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~ RNG events~ Yugioh Club~Fairy Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

  3. #278
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Username: Pocky Yoshi(Gonna have it changed to KokoYoshi soon)
    Game you like to play the most: Soul Calibur V for now, but looking to get into Dead or Alive 5.
    Online name (if you have one): Pocky Yoshi and alt RippCord 007(When I run out of gold, I borrow this account)
    system(s): Xbox 360
    why you like fighting games: Like pokemon, it's all about the competition. Fun is but a subjective term.
    have you read all my rules?: No, but I skimmed to get the gist of it.


    A big ramble about me. I hail from this website. User name is KokoYoshi: http://8wayrun.com/calibur/forum/

    It's a competitive site for hardcore SC fans, yet it also has CAS stuff where you kick back relax and show-off your customs and other chat stuff. I am very competitive to the bone.

    I don't care how "cheap" you play against me, I'm confident in my skills to get around it or I'll ask for help when frustrated. Nothing is cheap unless it's outside the rules which there is none in a fighting game except hacking to win(using a software I mean).

    Like Pokemon battles, I play to win even if I gotta get dirty. It's to win. Fun is subjective. Despite being bred to be competitive, I still retain an easygoing and gentle pacifist side. Meaning, I will be a good sport when I lose. I'll sulk, but a loss is a loss and that's what champs do: Reflect on it to be better.


    My favorite fighting game character of all time is of course Yoshimitsu. He's my favorite because I grew up with him. My skill level with him is probably a 10. This isn't because I'm conceited with him, I'm conceited to always improve unlike other Yoshi fools. So skill level means nothing unless you're willing to commit to being the best like a pokemon trainer.

    Kokoro atm is my favorite female character. I'm in love with her personality and looks like most people. However, I'm also gonna improve with her once I get Dead or Alive 5.

    When comes to chatting, I like people to be straightforward and not coy with a stiff neck. In other words, say what you gotta say so I can understand you better.*

    Anyways, I think I've rambled enough. Thank you for reading.

  4. #279
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rivet City
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    I love to Meteor Smash on Brawl. If a character can do one, I will most likely attempt one with that character at least once. Ike is my favorite to Meteor Smash with, that loud BOOM is so satisfying to hear. I also do it with Toon Link, and hit more than miss usually.

    Heh, Marth's Critical Hit isn't always a OHKO. I've managed to block it with Ike's flinch time thing twice before.

    Sorry, I know this is an old topic, but I don't see why I can't still answer ^_^;
    I mean yeat if it doesnt hit I guess that doesnt count as a OHKO but when it does which is pretty very often it is. Hmm I have seen only a few reliable ways to avoid it. Ikes counter like you said (I guess that means Marths too) and wavedashing which from what I saw has very tricky timing.
        Spoiler:- Credits:

  5. #280
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Zodiark Citadel
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pocky Yoshi View Post
    Username: Pocky Yoshi(Gonna have it changed to KokoYoshi soon)
    Game you like to play the most: Soul Calibur V for now, but looking to get into Dead or Alive 5.
    Online name (if you have one): Pocky Yoshi and alt RippCord 007(When I run out of gold, I borrow this account)
    system(s): Xbox 360
    why you like fighting games: Like pokemon, it's all about the competition. Fun is but a subjective term.
    have you read all my rules?: No, but I skimmed to get the gist of it.

    Very excellent rambling! Accepted!

    Hello, I'm Gothic-Gothorita, A Moderator here, Welcome to The Fighting Gamers Club!

    Have Fun! And explain yourself when you post. (In other words, make sure your posts have meaning.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

  6. #281
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    welcome pocket yoshi and sorry i was out all day and i work tommorow sorry for the off post guys ill add the two new members after work...anyway i will be messaging the two new moderators of the club...also gothic please be the honors of doing a new topic please

    TEF Guild~TEF Spreedsheet~ TEF Tournaments~TEF Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~ RNG events~ Yugioh Club~Fairy Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

  7. #282
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Zodiark Citadel
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Hmm.... This may not be that good of a topic but.... What is/are your favorite mechanics in a Fighting Game and why? (i.e Juggling, Percent as Health etc.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

  8. #283
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rivet City
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    Hmm.... This may not be that good of a topic but.... What is/are your favorite mechanics in a Fighting Game and why? (i.e Juggling, Percent as Health etc.)
    I like the way damage is gauged in SSB. I mean the whole percent thing and increasing damage. No one else does it like that. In fact the whole series is one of the most original ideas out there. You probably cant find one game like it..besides maybe Playstation All-Stars but even that game is different from SSB is some key ways. Guess what Im saying is SSB is one of the most original games out there and breaks the norm to such a great extent to the point where some would say its not even a fighting game at all XP
    Last edited by Touché Amoré; 13th January 2013 at 5:48 AM.
        Spoiler:- Credits:

  9. #284
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    Hmm.... This may not be that good of a topic but.... What is/are your favorite mechanics in a Fighting Game and why? (i.e Juggling, Percent as Health etc.)
    i like soul calibur 4 soul gauge its cool that they thrown in a cool critical finish just in case someone is so annoying and spamming so much XD or they just keep blocking all day XD I do like the critical edges as well in soul calibur V as well cuaz it is fun to get a edge on some of there critical finishes....some though sadly are very week but there are some really cool and broken ones that are fast like ezio is a fast one...i just love them cuaz they give a balance of strong and over extended attacks like natsu has taki stab and when on hit attach slash but it is toned down by showing a cool balance that you have to use a brave edge to use it so it tones down the cheapness of the character...in all i love it cuaz its a really amazing thing though and intreasting fact they brought about new soul calibur games...

    TEF Guild~TEF Spreedsheet~ TEF Tournaments~TEF Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~ RNG events~ Yugioh Club~Fairy Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

  10. #285
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wherever you want it baby
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    Hmm.... This may not be that good of a topic but.... What is/are your favorite mechanics in a Fighting Game and why? (i.e Juggling, Percent as Health etc.)
    I like the entireity of the BlazBlue fighting System. The Heat gauge prevents the spamming of super moves and to me, it encourages more offensive play to build it up. The Burst system prevents too much juggling from occuring and can allow for easy escapes as well as a decent setup for a combo. The fast pace really makes it exciting to watch and especially to play. I just love how Blazblue plays in general. Though the input for certain specials can be a bit unreliable to pull of sometimes, but overall , it works really well. Honorable mentions go to the items in Smash Bros, the Soul gauge (SCV version), and the Smash Bros percent as health mechanic.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

    Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.


    Looking for:

    Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

    My favorite Pokemon:

    Shinies:


    A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

    What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

  11. #286
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    I like the entireity of the BlazBlue fighting System. The Heat gauge prevents the spamming of super moves and to me, it encourages more offensive play to build it up. The Burst system prevents too much juggling from occuring and can allow for easy escapes as well as a decent setup for a combo. The fast pace really makes it exciting to watch and especially to play. I just love how Blazblue plays in general. Though the input for certain specials can be a bit unreliable to pull of sometimes, but overall , it works really well. Honorable mentions go to the items in Smash Bros, the Soul gauge (SCV version), and the Smash Bros percent as health mechanic.
    yeah its the same way with soul calibur i love how they limit the super move spams...i love games like that cuaz it can get pretty annoying but isn't hakumen have his heat guage infinity? i thought so i could be wrong i haven't played blaze blue in awhile...

    TEF Guild~TEF Spreedsheet~ TEF Tournaments~TEF Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~ RNG events~ Yugioh Club~Fairy Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

  12. #287
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wherever you want it baby
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    yeah its the same way with soul calibur i love how they limit the super move spams...i love games like that cuaz it can get pretty annoying but isn't hakumen have his heat guage infinity? i thought so i could be wrong i haven't played blaze blue in awhile...
    No, Hakumen's heat gauge works a bit differently( certain moves drain it quickly), but otherwise, it's the same as everyone else's. Although the aforementioned special moves do drain about as much heat as Jin's Drive specials. I love subtle hints like that about character relationships.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

    Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.


    Looking for:

    Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

    My favorite Pokemon:

    Shinies:


    A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

    What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

  13. #288
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    No, Hakumen's heat gauge works a bit differently( certain moves drain it quickly), but otherwise, it's the same as everyone else's. Although the aforementioned special moves do drain about as much heat as Jin's Drive specials. I love subtle hints like that about character relationships.
    okay yeah to me i call it the color of the rainbow XD LOLOLOL but yeah hakumen has a very unique gauge XD

    TEF Guild~TEF Spreedsheet~ TEF Tournaments~TEF Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~ RNG events~ Yugioh Club~Fairy Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

  14. #289
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    Hmm.... This may not be that good of a topic but.... What is/are your favorite mechanics in a Fighting Game and why? (i.e Juggling, Percent as Health etc.)
    My favorite game revolutionary mechanic in a fighting game is Street Fighter 3's Parry System.

    Basically in Street Fighter 2 the fighting game that founded the genre you 3 basic mechanics blocking, attacking and grabbing. in a way one counter the other in a sense( grabs beat block, block beats attacks and attacks beat grabs)

    But from 2 into 3(who have 6 years of difference) they added a mechanic parrying. Parrying in a sense replaces blocking because its superior in all but a few cases.
    By parrying thing like chip damage and block stun are nullified and it can be considered the ultimate counter( basically if you're good enough you're opponent can't damage you in any sense parrying all attacks). Parrying defines street fighter 3 and made it its own game.

    It also made the most well known fighting game video ever, ever - The Daigo Miracle - the most known comeback in street fighter

    Edit for all Super Smash Brother fans: Apex 2013 the greatest SSB tourmanent in the world is live now - if you love Brawl and Melee see the best in the link below ends today

    http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun?utm_cam....eventhubs.com
    Last edited by LockCrow; 13th January 2013 at 10:39 PM.

  15. #290
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    yeah its the same way with soul calibur i love how they limit the super move spams...
    Usually, I use the CE(Critical Edge) with Yoshi as an interrupt. Some may call it a desperate attempt to win especially when my opponent has a health lead, but you gotta use when it counts. In this case, my opponent could use an attack that's a high and I can use Yoshi's CE as a TC(Tech Crouch) attack. Tech crouch attacks means using an attack that ducks throws, high attacks, and certain Mids. However, CE usually has invincibility frames like the super specials in Street Fighter IV.

    However, there are times when it can't work. Yoshi's CE is weak to certain TJ(Tech Jump) attacks such as Leixia's 9K(translated as jump forward and K on X-box controller or jump forward circle on PS3). Tech jump attacks is attacks that jump lows, throws, and certain other attacks. This is one way to get by Yoshi's CE. Another way provided you aren't close to him, is to wait until he is spinning towards you. Then, unleash a GI(Guard Impact) so you can follow-up with whatever attack you prefer.


    It's also possible to JG(Just Guard) Yoshi's CE, but you need absolute nerves of steel and dedication to pull it off.



    Bottom line, CEs are dangerous if you don't know how to exploit them. I use Yoshi's as a disruptor because Yoshi's BE(Brave Edge) attacks aren't that useful except in wall combos. I can use them, but I need to have good prediction skills to condition my opponent to block certain moves to get them where I want them. Yoshi is a bit unsafe, but watch his meter and keep your distance unless you're a faster character than him. Yoshis CE is like Gengar's Pain split move set. One minute you think you have him, and he'll make you pay dearly for it.


    Anyways, I pretty much some rambled basic mechanics of SCV by using my knowledge to the best of my ability. Hopefully, you can understand why some people are spamming a CE when you're being too aggressive and greedy.
    Last edited by KokoYoshi; 13th January 2013 at 10:51 PM.

  16. #291
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pocky Yoshi View Post
    Usually, I use the CE(Critical Edge) with Yoshi as an interrupt. Some may call it a desperate attempt to win especially when my opponent has a health lead, but you gotta use when it counts. In this case, my opponent could use an attack that's a high and I can use Yoshi's CE as a TC(Tech Crouch) attack. Tech crouch attacks means using an attack that ducks throws, high attacks, and certain Mids. However, CE usually has invincibility frames like the super specials in Street Fighter IV.

    However, there are times when it can't work. Yoshi's CE is weak to certain TJ(Tech Jump) attacks such as Leixia's 9K(translated as jump forward and K on X-box controller or jump forward circle on PS3). Tech jump attacks is attacks that jump lows, throws, and certain other attacks. This is one way to get by Yoshi's CE. Another way provided you aren't close to him, is to wait until he is spinning towards you. Then, unleash a GI so you can follow-up with whatever attack you prefer.


    It's also possible to JG(Just Guard) Yoshi's CE, but you need absolute nerves of steel and dedication to pull it off.



    Bottom line, CEs are dangerous if you don't know how to exploit them. I use Yoshi's as a disruptor because Yoshi's BE(Brave Edge) attacks aren't that useful except in wall combos. I can use them, but I need to have good prediction skills to condition my opponent to block certain moves to get them where I want them. Yoshi is a bit unsafe, but watch his meter and keep your distance unless you're a faster character than him. Yoshis CE is like Gengar's Pain split move set. One minute you think you have him, and he'll make you pay dearly for it.


    Anyways, I pretty much some rambled basic mechanics of SCV by using my knowledge to the best of my ability. Hopefully, you can understand why some people are spamming a CE when you're being too aggressive and greedy.
    oh spamming critical edges XD no i didn't say that, im saying that people spam in general...these things do stop them from being stupid...for example lexia kicking all day and stuff or viola using here here through all day, that just annoies the heck out of me :/...im saying yeah you can dodge them but sometimes a good critical edge shuts them up i don't mind people using Critical/brave edges wisely...i just don't like when there using the same moves way more then 4 times in a row...it creates annoyance...how would you like ezio just spamming bow shoots all day -_- that what im talking about time to use long range attacks but sometimes it just need alot of patience dodging and when get a good distace out beat there attack...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 13th January 2013 at 11:10 PM.

    TEF Guild~TEF Spreedsheet~ TEF Tournaments~TEF Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~ RNG events~ Yugioh Club~Fairy Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

  17. #292
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    L.A. County, California
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LockCrow View Post

    Edit for all Super Smash Brother fans: Apex 2013 the greatest SSB tourmanent in the world is live now - if you love Brawl and Melee see the best in the link below ends today

    http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun?utm_cam....eventhubs.com
    Damn, I'm watching this thing on and off right now and ****, if level 9 CPUs played like this I'd throw my controller at the television.

    Back in Melee I liked the perfect shield thing, in which if you timed a shield just right you could reflect projectiles back at an enemy. Too bad Brawl doesn't have this, but at least one doesn't have to air dodge to grab items now.

    Pokemon Global LinkMy Games
    Fairywitch made the Fizzy Bubbles icon & the three banners with white-haired women || Dwlr made the one with text

  18. #293
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rivet City
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    Damn, I'm watching this thing on and off right now and ****, if level 9 CPUs played like this I'd throw my controller at the television.

    Back in Melee I liked the perfect shield thing, in which if you timed a shield just right you could reflect projectiles back at an enemy. Too bad Brawl doesn't have this, but at least one doesn't have to air dodge to grab items now.
    Some of the people in this tournament are just so frickin good. It makes me feel like I totally suck haha. Like every time I contemplate joining something like Apex I look back at past games and Im like "Welp...forget that!" haha
        Spoiler:- Credits:

  19. #294
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    okay new topic: What fighting game character you feel like you fit in personality wise the most and why?

    TEF Guild~TEF Spreedsheet~ TEF Tournaments~TEF Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~ RNG events~ Yugioh Club~Fairy Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

  20. #295
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Fangirls dreams
    Posts
    3,792

    Default

    Well, I must say Pyrrha Omega from Soul Calibur 5. Mostly because we share a common anger, except she's good at letting it out, and I am not. We also tend to be a little naive sometimes


    "With blood and rage of crimson red,
    Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
    Together with our hellish hate,
    We'll burn you all, That is your fate!"

  21. #296
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,572

    Default

    Krillin from Dragon Ball Z. ._. Yep, he fits me. I'm a scarey-cat, but I will protect my friends no matter what the cost. Now if only I had powers, but not a bald head, then I'd be exactly like him.

  22. #297
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    hanging with Silvee :3
    Posts
    37

    Default

    hmm i must say Lucas because he is really shy and timid but with a few motives can really kick a** . he is also really quiet and calm but powerful at the same time when not scared kinda like myself ^_^
    he is also like me because if i had a giant porky stature trying to kill me i would too go into featle postition like he did XD



    banner made by Lucina Archealis (I don't think I spelt that right OTL)
    ^U^ I LOVE Crona from soul eater!
    owner of the silver fan club
    VM me and such if you wanna play some SSBB! im always up for a challange!

  23. #298
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rivet City
    Posts
    161

    Default

    For me its Sonic. Because hes eccentric/loud and annoying haha
        Spoiler:- Credits:

  24. #299
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wherever you want it baby
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    okay new topic: What fighting game character you feel like you fit in personality wise the most and why?
    If he counts, then Goku. It's because I'm a complete softie when I'm not angry and also have a great sense of humor, but when somebody I love is threatened, I will fight to the death for them as well as anything I believe in. Also, I can be a bit naive at times, but not as much as him.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

    Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.


    Looking for:

    Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

    My favorite Pokemon:

    Shinies:


    A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

    What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

  25. #300
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ...where DO I live?
    Posts
    849

    Default

    It's actually hard for me to find a person that fits me. If I am to make a choice, however, I'd go with...Joshua form TWEWY. I'm abnormal, not exactly afraid to show it, and I'm skinny like him.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •