Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fighting Gamers Club

Quote Originally Posted by Pocky Yoshi View Post
    I've read somewhere that the Koreans(Yun, Mina, and Hwang) are training people for the new generations or so. I never really cared way too much for Talim, but I do want to see a 31 year old Talim. Zas should of came back as well since he could reincarnate.

Anyways a link to have some of your questions answered:http://8wayrun.com/calibur/threads/j...e-story.10498/
    If you're a true SC fan, you'd dig until you drop. Are you a true fan? =)

Ontopic wise: What move on a certain character do you think should of not been token away in a newer game of that fighting game? (can be any fighting game and please explain why?)

My answer: Talim and Zasalamel. Scythes and elbow blades are cool.
    actually my boyfriend was reading about why charcters were left out and he showed me...did they say something about setsuka just gave up on her revenge or something like that and taki just disappeared...its been awhile reading this so yeah...did they say anything though about amy? all that i remember hearing, she just went missing and rapheal is trying to find her...

Quote Originally Posted by tokyo/seven View Post
    Yeah in the original he had a lot more range and attack power speed. In fact I think he was like one of the top 3 characters in that game. He got nerfed real bad from the original to Melee. I dont think it was that bad from Melee to Brawl in fact hes probably better in brawl than he was in Melee. If I remember I think his range and speed got buffed a little and his Smash Attacks are a lot stronger. There was some other stuff too but I cant remember. Honestly I dont use Kirby enough to even notice the difference haha.
    haha well i noticed because kirby was one of my main charachters in melee and when i first started playing brawl XD

banner made by Lucina Archealis (I don't think I spelt that right OTL)
    ^U^ I LOVE Crona from soul eater!
    owner of the silver fan club
    VM me and such if you wanna play some SSBB! im always up for a challange!

Quote Originally Posted by colorless-winter View Post
    haha well i noticed because kirby was one of my main charachters in melee and when i first started playing brawl XD
    As much as I like Kirby I can understand why he is not a very common choice for tournaments and what not. Hes just too light and floaty and predictable to last very long in a tournament. And floatiness is like on of the worst traits to have in a tournament theres not much room for that. Also it looks like his survivability is very low too lower that I thought it was. After looking at his stats he only has one match up over 50% (against Falco) and its at 55% only. Most of the other matchups are around 40%..
        Spoiler:- Credits:

oh kirby ^_^ i never played brawl much but dang i do love some of those characters

new topic: what character style of fighting you like the most and why? (can be any fighting game )

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    oh kirby ^_^ i never played brawl much but dang i do love some of those characters

new topic: what character style of fighting you like the most and why? (can be any fighting game )
    I dunno if I understand the question but uhhhhmmm Deadpool is my answer. Deadpool is just super smooth about everything XP The whole world wants to be as smooth as him XP

I dunno if I understand the question but uhhhhmmm Deadpool is my answer. Deadpool is just super smooth about everything XP The whole world wants to be as smooth as him XP
    yeah sorry but you got i right though its just how they fight in general, i call it there own fighting style like in soul calibur some people fight differently with there weapons, is what im asking sorry for the confusion XD

yeah sorry but you got i right though its just how they fight in general, i call it there own fighting style like in soul calibur some people fight differently with there weapons, is what im asking sorry for the confusion XD
    Well then my answer is still Deadpool XP He makes Marvel v Capcom fun and hilarious at the same time with his awkward manerisms. Not to mention hes a awesome character. Package deal XP

Well then my answer is still Deadpool XP He makes Marvel v Capcom fun and hilarious at the same time with his awkward manerisms. Not to mention hes a awesome character. Package deal XP
    yeah deadpool is cool and i like amaterasu she a awesome fighter in that game too...i wish i could play that game better though XD i kinda suck at that game...soul calibur is my best fighting game i play...

LEt's seeeeeee.... I have multiple favorites. First of is Noel Vermillion and her fast and combo-heavy rushdown style that I love. Next is Nightmare's slow but overpowering sword swings and brave Edges. There's also Marth with his quick and precise moves. Finally, there's Hulk and Senteniel's overpowering speed and power.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    LEt's seeeeeee.... I have multiple favorites. First of is Noel Vermillion and her fast and combo-heavy rushdown style that I love. Next is Nightmare's slow but overpowering sword swings and brave Edges. There's also Marth with his quick and precise moves. Finally, there's Hulk and Senteniel's overpowering speed and power.
    oh noel she awesome i love her fast combos its amzing ^_^ i just wish i could play better on 2d fighting games and i don't think nightmare is that slow..if you use him properly he quite fast..faster then he was in 4...

actually my boyfriend was reading about why charcters were left out and he showed me...did they say something about setsuka just gave up on her revenge or something like that and taki just disappeared...its been awhile reading this so yeah...did they say anything though about amy? all that i remember hearing, she just went missing and rapheal is trying to find her...
    Since not much people will go and read the link voraciously and go farther than just spending 10 minutes(looks at LordLucario21), I'll try to look hard and read it to you guys since you all are lazy to look.

Natsu, Li-Long, and Chie findings: A Fu-Ma ninja named Juju got possessed by Arahabaki during a mission to check the shrine where he was sealed off. Unable to either stop her or exorcise the demon, Taki shredded her apart which only really really pissed Arahabaki off. He escaped the battle and proceeded to obliterate a nearby village, after which he settled in baby Natsu. This is why Taki feels so guilty about Natsu's condition, as she was unable to control the situation which led to tragedy.

Natsu was raised by Chie(the lover of Li-Long). Daughter of Hachibei and Taki's childhood friend. In her youth she helped a severely injured Li Long, fell in love with him and both conceived a child. Li Long's son's name is Riki. He's now part of the Fu-Ma's demon sealing team and a sort of brother figure to Natsu. Chie is Natsu's foster mother and the current leader of the Fu-ma ninja clan. She's not the strongest but she's confirmed to have the highest spiritual energy or so. She raised Natsu with love since Natsu has Arahabaki in her. Fortunately, Taki supports Natsu with her very being as wel because she feels guilty.

Taki left on a journey west several months ago in order to confirm rumors about the appearance of Toki, who she was certain was dead, all contact with her has been lost. So Taki pretty much is out trying to confirm the rumors of Toki.

Xianghua and her family: Xianghua gave birth to Kilik's child, and discovered that he was infected with the evil energy, as he inherited from Kilik. She asked Edgemaster for help, and he introduced Kong Xiuqiang to her, telling her to entrust the child to him. Trusting on the words of her father(Kong Xiuqiang), she did so. Xiba is not mentioned by name, but since Kong is the one who raised and trained him, it's definitely Xiba. In other words, Xiba is Kilik's son. Making Xiba a half brother to Leixia.

Yoshimitsu:
    + The first Yoshimitsu decided to do the succession because he felt his days were numbered, and his sword was starting to go out of control as a consecuence.
    + The new Yoshimitsu can't keep the sword under control, and worse yet his strong hatred of evildoers (specially Cervantes, who injured his beloved master/father) feeds the evil of the sword even more, making it very dangerous to him.
    + He uses the Fu-Ma Blade, which can repress evil, as a way to keep the evil sword in a stable but fragile balance. The sword, however, has a limit and Yoshi will eventually be forced to face his own personal darkness when it is reached.
    + Yoshimitsu is the one who led Leixia into the Fu-Ma village (explaining his special quotes and how the girl got into the secret village in the first place).

Astaroth:
    + The mass produced Astaroth have an incomplete version of the original's fighting style, so they have been send over the west in order to gain fighting experience. Now you know why Astaroths say to one another "Only I am Astaroth." Also listen to their death cries if an Astaroth kills an Astaroth. It's different in Japanese(for those who have the language in Japanese)
    + As a result of the above, they are indiscriminately attacking and raiding the Ottoman Empire, Kingdom of Hungary and Duchy of Transylvania.
    I couldn't find much readings on Viola, Amy, and Raphael....but I could only find this for Viola....

Viola:
    + A mystery. She apparently woke up in some ruined/ravaged town deep within a forest, with the orb already at her side. She knows nothing about it or its power.
    + She believes the sphere is the clue to her memories.
    + Nothing about the Amy connection.

Setsuka: She took up the name Neve and travelled to Istanbul where she became a self-defense teacher to orphaned children. She also taught Patroklos her fighting style during this period and told him that he must not indulge revenge in his heart as she did, advice that ultimately went ignored.

There's probably a few more I left out or so. But I had to read correct a few of the translations of the story we never will get to see. Regardless, this is pretty much from a book that will never reach American soil unless you got the resources to go out and get it. SCV was a rushed game anyway.

Now to answer the new topic question
    What character style of fighting you like the most and why? (can be any fighting game

My answer: Personally, I like Yoshimitsu. He's just fun and unpredictable. Unlike the SCIV version, he's more simplified, but he can be played in many ways as long as you keep to being unpredictable.

Leixia is also fun in the sense she doesn't hit hard, but she's great at applying pressure like Yoshi. Not to mention her guard crush game is rather good. She's like Seong Mi-na except more cutesy aesthetically and less range.

Other than that, I'm usually indifferent on playstyles. I just play who I like and try to put my own spin on it as long as the character allows me to.

Since not much people will go and read the link voraciously and go farther than just spending 10 minutes(looks at LordLucario21), I'll try to look hard and read it to you guys since you all are lazy to look.

Natsu, Li-Long, and Chie findings: A Fu-Ma ninja named Juju got possessed by Arahabaki during a mission to check the shrine where he was sealed off. Unable to either stop her or exorcise the demon, Taki shredded her apart which only really really pissed Arahabaki off. He escaped the battle and proceeded to obliterate a nearby village, after which he settled in baby Natsu. This is why Taki feels so guilty about Natsu's condition, as she was unable to control the situation which led to tragedy.

Natsu was raised by Chie(the lover of Li-Long). Daughter of Hachibei and Taki's childhood friend. In her youth she helped a severely injured Li Long, fell in love with him and both conceived a child. Li Long's son's name is Riki. He's now part of the Fu-Ma's demon sealing team and a sort of brother figure to Natsu. Chie is Natsu's foster mother and the current leader of the Fu-ma ninja clan. She's not the strongest but she's confirmed to have the highest spiritual energy or so. She raised Natsu with love since Natsu has Arahabaki in her. Fortunately, Taki supports Natsu with her very being as wel because she feels guilty.

Taki left on a journey west several months ago in order to confirm rumors about the appearance of Toki, who she was certain was dead, all contact with her has been lost. So Taki pretty much is out trying to confirm the rumors of Toki.

Xianghua and her family: Xianghua gave birth to Kilik's child, and discovered that he was infected with the evil energy, as he inherited from Kilik. She asked Edgemaster for help, and he introduced Kong Xiuqiang to her, telling her to entrust the child to him. Trusting on the words of her father(Kong Xiuqiang), she did so. Xiba is not mentioned by name, but since Kong is the one who raised and trained him, it's definitely Xiba. In other words, Xiba is Kilik's son. Making Xiba a half brother to Leixia.

Yoshimitsu:
    + The first Yoshimitsu decided to do the succession because he felt his days were numbered, and his sword was starting to go out of control as a consecuence.
    + The new Yoshimitsu can't keep the sword under control, and worse yet his strong hatred of evildoers (specially Cervantes, who injured his beloved master/father) feeds the evil of the sword even more, making it very dangerous to him.
    + He uses the Fu-Ma Blade, which can repress evil, as a way to keep the evil sword in a stable but fragile balance. The sword, however, has a limit and Yoshi will eventually be forced to face his own personal darkness when it is reached.
    + Yoshimitsu is the one who led Leixia into the Fu-Ma village (explaining his special quotes and how the girl got into the secret village in the first place).

Astaroth:
    + The mass produced Astaroth have an incomplete version of the original's fighting style, so they have been send over the west in order to gain fighting experience. Now you know why Astaroths say to one another "Only I am Astaroth." Also listen to their death cries if an Astaroth kills an Astaroth. It's different in Japanese(for those who have the language in Japanese)
    + As a result of the above, they are indiscriminately attacking and raiding the Ottoman Empire, Kingdom of Hungary and Duchy of Transylvania.
    I couldn't find much readings on Viola, Amy, and Raphael....but I could only find this for Viola....

Viola:
    + A mystery. She apparently woke up in some ruined/ravaged town deep within a forest, with the orb already at her side. She knows nothing about it or its power.

Setsuka: She took up the name Neve and travelled to Istanbul where she became a self-defense teacher to orphaned children. She also taught Patroklos her fighting style during this period and told him that he must not indulge revenge in his heart as she did, advice that ultimately went ignored.

There's probably a few more I left out or so. But I had to read correct a few of the translations of the story we never will get to see. Regardless, this is pretty much from a book that will never reach American soil unless you got the resources to go out and get it. SCV was a rushed game anyway.

What character style of fighting you like the most and why? (can be any fighting game

My answer: Personally, I like Yoshimitsu. He's just fun and unpredictable. Unlike the SCIV version, he's more simplified, but he can be played in many ways as long as you keep to being unpredictable.

Leixia is also fun in the sense she doesn't hit hard, but she's great at applying pressure like Yoshi. Not to mention her guard crush game is rather good. She's like Seong Mi-na except more cutesy aesthetically and less range.

Other than that, I'm usually indifferent on playstyles. I just play who I like and try to put my own spin on it as long as the character allows me to.
    that is strange cuaz what i read was nothing of this but your probably right though cuaz you must have the book or something that tells you the correct information...my boyfriend read it on wiki thats all but this was way before soul calibur V was developed which wiki gave extremely vague answer so please don't get mad directly at me i did read but at the time it was vague...I know they don't have amy connection with viola but i think they were trying though cuaz the game wasn't developed fully and they left out a massive storyline. Im just saying viola and zwei were suppose to have two forms like patrokolos and phyrra, which they didn't put in which for me i think amy is a connection but they change the story and made her not a connection since there is only viola now...i actually know that about xianghua though that is familiar to me i read averything of my main characters...i think you let out the Alexandria family too but im sure everyone should know from the story line that sophita and the rest of the family is dead except for phyrra and patrokolos XD Strangely my perdictions were right about setsuka teaching patrokolos her fighting style that was my guess i couldn't find nothing on her at the time i looked...they just said she was finished with her revenge on wiki...thats about it...that one thing that pissed me off about the new game they never give story backgrounds anymore in the game :/ I hate looking it up on the internet as well as anime...i personally love lexia...she a cool fighter like her mother I hope we don't start a fight again i just was telling you what i read >.<
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 28th January 2013 at 7:43 PM.

Yoshimitsu:

Astaroth:

Viola:

Thanks for the explanation. I forgot I could've looked on the wiki as well.. *facepalms* My problem was that once again, I really think they should've at least had freaking bios on the characters, absent or not. I mean, SC4 did this, and that game out in '08 iirc. I know this was rushed, but things called DLC and patches exist just for this reason. Also, not releasing the book in North America and Europe is a pretty big dick move on Namco's part. I'm not saying SCV is bad, I'm just saying that the story did too little for a game I expected an acceptable amount from.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. I forgot I could've looked on the wiki as well.. *facepalms* My problem was that once again, I really think they should've at least had freaking bios on the characters, absent or not. I mean, SC4 did this, and that game out in '08 iirc. I know this was rushed, but things called DLC and patches exist just for this reason. Also, not releasing the book in North America and Europe is a pretty big dick move on Namco's part. I'm not saying SCV is bad, I'm just saying that the story did too little for a game I expected an acceptable amount from.
    they didn't release the book in america? if i remember correctly did they explain in the guide how to play at least? if not i don't know i never use those guides for fighting games i find it strange for that XD but yeah i actually have read wiki but that was a long time ago...they were very vague about it...

edit: defiently was edited on wiki this was not here the last time i looked thanks though pocket yoshi for the clear ups...

http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Setsuka

i remember reading something different before soul calibur V came out...so wiki must updated after it came out...maybe i should wait after the game comes out to read things >.<
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 28th January 2013 at 10:08 PM.

This is probably late to ask but how many of you followed APEX at all this year? I followed Brawl and some of Melee. I must say this years Grand Final was so amazing. Salem totally clutched that final from Mew2King and with Zero Suit Samus no less. Against frickin Meta Knight. Man it was such a close game! Not to mention Salem was such an underdog and has never won a National before XP Cant say I know much of what happened with other games but I know they have Tekken, Marvel v Capcom, etc as well. Maybe some of you followed those closer than I did XP

This is probably late to ask but how many of you followed APEX at all this year? I followed Brawl and some of Melee. I must say this years Grand Final was so amazing. Salem totally clutched that final from Mew2King and with Zero Suit Samus no less. Against frickin Meta Knight. Man it was such a close game! Not to mention Salem was such an underdog and has never won a National before XP Cant say I know much of what happened with other games but I know they have Tekken, Marvel v Capcom, etc as well. Maybe some of you followed those closer than I did XP
    This is the first time I heard APEX. Does that count as an answer?

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

I saw what I could of Melee and Brawl when a user here linked to it, sorry I don't remember you whoever linked it. Some Jigglypuff vs Young Link match I saw was really cool, Jigglypuff kept coming back from behind with Rest, the reactions from the people posting was hilarious. Too bad I missed finals and the other games.

I can honestly say that I have never heard of that until now. What is it?

@eeveelover824. You act as though I'm gonna attack you or so. When it isn't about being competitive, I still retain the persona of a simple yet classy person like everyone here. Just relax and speak your mind like you did in PMs. I value honesty. Anyways, I'm glad you enjoyed the info I dug up.

@LordLucario. Let's just say thanks to some buddies on that SC website, I was able to get some answers on the characters. I will agree, and I'm sure a couple of my buddies or more thought the game could of used more time in the casual department. The CAS is dynamite though ^^;

Now to stay on topic: how many of you followed APEX at all this year?

My answer: I don't care unless SCV is there. Then again, I don't care too much at that offline gathering and tournament thing. Not close to where I live. I will care about EVO to an extent, NEC, CEO, and FR. They give me a reason to stay competitive so I can flourish at improving my fighting game skills to come offline for some beatings and whoopings.

@eeveelover824. You act as though I'm gonna attack you or so. When it isn't about being competitive, I still retain the persona of a simple yet classy person like everyone here. Just relax and speak your mind like you did in PMs. I value honesty. Anyways, I'm glad you enjoyed the info I dug up.

@LordLucario. Let's just say thanks to some buddies on that SC website, I was able to get some answers on the characters. I will agree, and I'm sure a couple of my buddies or more thought the game could of used more time in the casual department. The CAS is dynamite though ^^;

Now to stay on topic: how many of you followed APEX at all this year?

My answer: I don't care unless SCV is there. Then again, I don't care too much at that offline gathering and tournament thing. Not close to where I live. I will care about EVO to an extent, NEC, CEO, and FR. They give me a reason to stay competitive so I can flourish at improving my fighting game skills to come offline for some beatings and whoopings.
    okay sorry its just sometimes i worry about things to much like you said in the pm's XD and i do agree mostly any fighting game tournament i really do watch or take my time to look out for is Soul Calibur...not many other fighting games i tend to be good at anyway or decent...

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    I saw what I could of Melee and Brawl when a user here linked to it, sorry I don't remember you whoever linked it. Some Jigglypuff vs Young Link match I saw was really cool, Jigglypuff kept coming back from behind with Rest, the reactions from the people posting was hilarious. Too bad I missed finals and the other games.
    Yeah this guy did linked to it (points to self)

i saw the whole thing because unlike some people (looks at Pocky Yoshy) i know that if i don't support the community events games like melee who are just supported through pro play, will seize to exist.

Anyway marvel vs capcom was pretty hype, street fighter was solid, and i was happy that so many games were present at the tournament it became very different from what it was 2 years ago.

PS: Pocky Yoshi and Eeveelover, Apex did have a SC5 tournament Whoahhzz (Alpha Patroklos) won it was streamed by 8wayrun.

Edit: Apex for those who don't know is the World Championship of the Super Smash Bros. community it is held once a year this year in New Jersey and had over 1000$ prizes for first place for SSF4, UMVC3, SSBB and SSBM plus a trip to the Caribbeans for The first 3 games
    Last edited by LockCrow; 30th January 2013 at 8:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LockCrow View Post

i saw the whole thing because unlike some people (looks at Pocky Yoshy) i know that if i don't support the community events games like melee who are just supported through pro play, will seize to exist.

Anyway marvel vs capcom was pretty hype, street fighter was solid, and i was happy that so many games were present at the tournament it became very different from what it was 2 years ago.

PS: Pocky Yoshi and Eeveelover, Apex did have a SC5 tournament Whoahhzz (Alpha Patroklos) won it was streamed by 8wayrun.

Edit: Apex for those who don't know is the World Championship of the Super Smash Bros. community it is held once a year this year in New Jersey and had over 1000$ prizes for first place for SSF4, UMVC3, SSBB and SSBM plus a trip to the Caribbeans for The first 3 games
    did they upload it on youtube my group im in on facebook ddin't show it? that would be awesome to watch some really good fighters...

did they upload it on youtube my group im in on facebook ddin't show it? that would be awesome to watch some really good fighters...
    Oh you want to see the SC5 Apex matches? sure they're all here in this playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...xQbwFmUiVLBUUo

Also be sure to search Jason Axelrod's channel for more SC5 matches from the 8wayrun stream

Did you watch EVO and the World finals for SC5 eevee? Do you want me to post them?

Oh you want to see the SC5 Apex matches? sure they're all here in this playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...xQbwFmUiVLBUUo

Also be sure to search Jason Axelrod's channel for more SC5 matches from the 8wayrun stream

Did you watch EVO and the World finals for SC5 eevee? Do you want me to post them?
    yeah sure that is fine to post links like that in the club as long as its fighting game stuff also it would be cool actually cuaz it would give the club to have something else to talk about also i think we need a topic again any way and also thanks

Iya I thought more people were familiar with APEX haha.

Anywho~

Yeah APEX was soooo frickin hype this year XP So much unexpected crap happened. And yeah it is growing its just getting bigger and bigger. And after that insanely hype Brawl final that no doubt is gonna make the east metagame blow up and APEX too. Like literally over 9000 people tuned in for the livestream (No pun intended XP)
    Last edited by Touché Amoré; 30th January 2013 at 11:34 PM.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast