Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: The Fighting Gamers Club

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    hahahah yeah anyway i think its time for a new topic...

umm...

new topic: What is the character in your current fighting game your playing seems a bit too broken and should be banned and please explain why he/she should be banned? Give a full explination why he/she is banned don't say she should be banned cuaz she/he is cheap -_-
    M Bison and Seth from Street Fighter are the first people that came to mind. They're both extremely powerful characters (imo of course), both of which having some of the strongest attacks in the games. Though I don't think they should be banned, i think their usage should just be toned down a few notches.

"i know how to use a sword!" - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    All I can think of at the moment is Pikachu's Volt Tackle in Brawl. Good Arceus how I wish that was changed into the running one. At first, I really couldn't even control it and sometimes I get stuck between something, then it ends. If running, it could be a little more difficult, but at least I won't get stuck and my opponents won't run away from me. Also, I have thought about my opponents jumping in the air to dodge, but I think it's capable for Volt Tackle to also work midair as well as on land.
    YES! YES! OMG they have to change that. Its sooo hard to control...and I think they should add new characters...like Naruto and Luffy or something.

And I think they should ban Naruto Sage Mode in Storm 2 should be nerfed. His jutsu is amazing, and his awakening is absolute BROKEN. The jutsu is un-avoidable, does craploads of damage, and cant be blocked -___-
    Last edited by justinjiaxinghu; 7th March 2013 at 2:28 AM.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    According to my big brother ( who usually owns me owns me at fighting games), nightmare from SCV is like this. I can see why, his immense power, his damn amazing counters, surprising mobility, and the ability to completely change the momentum of the match make me see how damn good he is.
    i have to disagree though about that yes nightmare is faster and his counter brave edge is cheap but i find that nightmare is actually beatable, which i think nightmare and any other character you have to learn how to counter better...it was nothing near hilde in soul calibur VI...where in tournaments she was banned at that time...

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

i have to disagree though about that yes nightmare is faster and his counter brave edge is cheap but i find that nightmare is actually beatable, which i think nightmare and any other character you have to learn how to counter better...it was nothing near hilde in soul calibur VI...where in tournaments she was banned at that time...
    I do see where you're coming from. But on the other hand, if I am able to plow through 2 characters in LEGENDARY SOULS mode with a character that i've used for 2 months and not do this with a character I've used for 3 or 4 months, it just shows how good he is. I know Nighttmare's beatable and I'm not saying he's broken. But in the hands of a good player, he can take a character from full health down to almost none at all in one combo. As a Nightmare player, yes, he has faults, but those are made up for by his great positive traits. Sorry if I'm repeating myself, but I really do need to get th point across that while he's B tier in official play and pretty beatable, he is very good in many aspects.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    YES! YES! OMG they have to change that. Its sooo hard to control...and I think they should add new characters...like Naruto and Luffy or something.

And I think they should ban Naruto Sage Mode in Storm 2 should be nerfed. His jutsu is amazing, and his awakening is absolute BROKEN. The jutsu is un-avoidable, does craploads of damage, and cant be blocked -___-
    Iya nonono anime characters need to stay out of SSB aha...besides I dont think that would ever happen anyway XP

Anywho I will avoid nerd ranting about it soo about the topic:

Well I guess most people who are familiar with Brawl know that if anyone is broken in the game...it has to be Metaknight. Like I dont really see SSB as a game with broken characters but anyway yeah Meta Knight pretty much has speed the power the unpredictability the mechanics to give pretty much any opponent a hard time. I mean his matchups are insanely good and he really does not have any solid counter. Basically his #1 spot is pretty justified. But yeah while I still kind of think calling him "broken" is kind of a stretching I definately agree that he is at lest the closest thing to it.
        Spoiler:- Credits:

I do see where you're coming from. But on the other hand, if I am able to plow through 2 characters in LEGENDARY SOULS mode with a character that i've used for 2 months and not do this with a character I've used for 3 or 4 months, it just shows how good he is. I know Nighttmare's beatable and I'm not saying he's broken. But in the hands of a good player, he can take a character from full health down to almost none at all in one combo. As a Nightmare player, yes, he has faults, but those are made up for by his great positive traits. Sorry if I'm repeating myself, but I really do need to get th point across that while he's B tier in official play and pretty beatable, he is very good in many aspects.
    it depends what character you play against nightmare and most of the legendary souls mode spams moves...if you can't figure out the pattern there something wrong and please don't take this the wrong way im just stating anyone not you :/ that is a computer though not a real live person...so that doesn't count...i don't find nightmare broken at all tbh it just takes excessive training and skill to master nightmare...im not saying he terrible either but placing him in broken category is a very wrong place which that just my opinion though...i still don't see him being banned like hilde would sorry...i think you didn't read koko post back ago about teirs and etc...in soul claibur V the only one that seems kinda broken is elysium with her critical edge but really tbh most of soul calibur V characters seemed a bit more balanced then VI but still there are cheapness to each charcters play...all have + and - to there fighting styles so really soul calibur V doesn't have a really good canidate for being banned besides the multiple fighting style users...I just don't think nightmare that good enough to be banned as hilde was in VI...so i still disagree and will leave it as that...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 8th March 2013 at 12:19 AM.

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

it depends what character you play against nightmare and most of the legendary souls mode spams moves...if you can't figure out the pattern there something wrong and please don't take this the wrong way im just stating anyone not you :/ that is a computer though not a real live person...so that doesn't count...i don't find nightmare broken at all tbh it just takes excessive training and skill to master nightmare...im not saying he terrible either but placing him in broken category is a very wrong place which that just my opinion though...i still don't see him being banned like hilde would sorry...i think you didn't read koko post back ago about teirs and etc...in soul claibur V the only one that seems kinda broken is elysium with her critical edge but really tbh most of soul calibur V characters seemed a bit more balanced then VI but still there are cheapness to each charcters play...all have + and - to there fighting styles so really soul calibur V doesn't have a really good canidate for being banned besides the multiple fighting style users...I just don't think nightmare that good enough to be banned as hilde was in VI...so i still disagree and will leave it as that...
    I am not saying that Nightmare is broken. If I did, it'd be obvious. All I said in my previous posts is that Nightmare is a great character and is hard to fight against sometimes. I do know about tiers, hell, I sometimes base my character choices off tiers, but not most of the time. I think V is really balanced though. I do agree 4 was unbalanced as hell. Your point about Legendary souls mode is good, but my point is that for somebody like me who is usually pretty damn bad at fighting games, for me tobeat a semi-hard opponent is pretty surprising. To sum this all up, I think Nightmare is really good, but isn't broken. btw, no offense at any of your comments. Now can we put this argument to rest?
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

I am not saying that Nightmare is broken. If I did, it'd be obvious. All I said in my previous posts is that Nightmare is a great character and is hard to fight against sometimes. I do know about tiers, hell, I sometimes base my character choices off tiers, but not most of the time. I think V is really balanced though. I do agree 4 was unbalanced as hell. Your point about Legendary souls mode is good, but my point is that for somebody like me who is usually pretty damn bad at fighting games, for me tobeat a semi-hard opponent is pretty surprising. To sum this all up, I think Nightmare is really good, but isn't broken. btw, no offense at any of your comments. Now can we put this argument to rest?
    im not arguing lol im just stating my point i think your taking a bit too offensive and my question wasn't who hard to fight against sometimes its who you think should be banned close to broken...

new topic: What is the character in your current fighting game your playing seems a bit too broken and should be banned and please explain why he/she should be banned? Give a full explination why he/she is banned don't say she should be banned cuaz she/he is cheap -_-
    just saying your changing the topic but its fine...if you think im arguing with you ill drop it though...i don't want it to appear that im arguing with you cuaz im not just stating my opinion...im sorry if i offended you in anyway its just i like to state what i think...so yeah were done

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

im not arguing lol im just stating my point i think your taking a bit too offensive and my question wasn't who hard to fight against sometimes its who you think should be banned close to broken...

just saying your changing the topic but its fine...if you think im arguing with you ill drop it though...i don't want it to appear that im arguing with you cuaz im not just stating my opinion...im sorry if i offended you in anyway its just i like to state what i think...so yeah were done
    Sorry, I tend to get very defensive in general. My life is filled with accusations and finger-pointing sometimes. All I really did was state what my brother thought, and I guess I was just beinga freaking idiot. A character I think is broken as hell however, is FREAKING SETH from SSF4 He has so many freaking ways to catch you off guard. And yes, you can prepare for him, but he has some hard hitting supers and ultras. He can be beaten, but his AI, ESPECIALLY IN ARCADE MODE, just reads every move I do, its annoying. Maybe I suck at fighting games, but he is REALLY freaking cheap.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Looking for:

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

I will say Nightmare is scary, but not broken. If you have a more speedy character, you should be in his face. Not spacing him because that's where he wants you; mid to far range. Good Nighty's will space someone like Natsu because Natsu>Nightmare up close. Some peeps will just go along with whoever seems right, likable, and etc. Don't. It's best to have your own opinion as long as you don't get too extreme with it. For instance, I think Viola may be close to broke. However, I don't always fight Violas who actually play her right. All they do is do 6B+K, 3B,, and other obligatory set-ups....

Regardless, I know a good one just needs a meter or two with some mind games and she may be broken. France banned her, but I think they jumped the gun too soon. I dislike how people don't try to figure out the match-up and be a lazy bum to agree with people who do the same. Rambling all aside, the only characters that deserved to be banned was Hilde and Algol of SCIV because it discouraged a lot of players. That's history though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocky Yoshi View Post
    I will say Nightmare is scary, but not broken. If you have a more speedy character, you should be in his face. Not spacing him because that's where he wants you; mid to far range. Good Nighty's will space someone like Natsu because Natsu>Nightmare up close. Some peeps will just go along with whoever seems right, likable, and etc. Don't. It's best to have your own opinion as long as you don't get too extreme with it. For instance, I think Viola may be close to broke. However, I don't always fight Violas who actually play her right. All they do is do 6B+K, 3B,, and other obligatory set-ups....

Regardless, I know a good one just needs a meter or two with some mind games and she may be broken. France banned her, but I think they jumped the gun too soon. I dislike how people don't try to figure out the match-up and be a lazy bum to agree with people who do the same. Rambling all aside, the only characters that deserved to be banned was Hilde and Algol of SCIV because it discouraged a lot of players. That's history though.
    Thank you, thank you so much for pretty much summing up my thoughts on Nightmare. He is terrifying to play against if your opponent's good, but characters like ZWEI (imo) and Natsu can give him a hard time. Anyways, I've actually been trying to learn ZWEI and I have to say, he's hard to master and hard to do well with, but he has the potential for greatness imo.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Looking for:

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Pocky Yoshi View Post

i agree thanks for summing up though...as for viola play yeah most of the strings go around that but i don't really find her that broken but yeah she pretty close to it but not deserving as much as algol and hilde like you said

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

NEW TOPIC: Do you prefer Fighting Games with Weapons or Hand-to-Hand Combat? Whichever one you pick, please explain why.

EDIT: You can pick both if you like, just explain why. Make it more than one sentence please.
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 13th March 2013 at 7:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Hm, let's see. I think I side with both, but a little more with hand to hand combat. I love weapons due to Kurama's Rose Whip, but I think that's the only weapon I actually like, but with hand to hand combat there's so many things you can do. Fast, slow, elegant, brutal, etc. So many fighting styles can be established just from that. So, hand to hand is my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    NEW TOPIC: Do you prefer Fighting Games with Weapons or Hand-to-Hand Combat? Whichever one you pick, please explain why.

EDIT: You can pick both if you like, just explain why. Make it more than one sentence please.
    I think its cool to have both. I mean I feel like that is one of those things that might not make the game better but it cant really make it worse so why not have both XP I mean I guess some games who are kind of like established already as one or the other should just stick to it but I mean for others theres no reason to not have both I guess aha

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post

it depends on the weapon... I, personally, don't like the swords/maces/etc type weapons; I prefer weapons like axes, bows and arrows, etc. I also really like musical instruments as weapons, idk why. over all I prefer hand-to-hand combat, because it seems more...realistic to me.

"i know how to use a sword!" - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

well i personally don't care fighting with combat or weapons...I just find it better to play games that have weapons for me like soul calibur, i can play naruto alright but its not the greatest >.> It just really depends for me if i can play that fighting game and i like playing it...im not a picky person....

new topic though:

what is the most intense moment while playing a fighting game? who was your opponent? and explain why it was so intense

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

Oh this one is easy. Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2 vs Kid Buu. I will tell you now, that was and still is my hardest fight in any fighting game. The game is freakin' old and I've never met anyone harder than him. You have like 3 health bars and he has like 5 or 6. Adding to that, his fighting style is crazy, literally, it's crazy. He can throw his hands like a little kid going in a temper tantrum and that will do so much damage. What made the battle so intense was every time when I was going to beat him, my health bar would be on red and I was bear death. So it was one of those climatic moments. Oh yea, you had to fight him a total of 4 or 3 times. (-_-)

well i personally don't care fighting with combat or weapons...I just find it better to play games that have weapons for me like soul calibur, i can play naruto alright but its not the greatest >.> It just really depends for me if i can play that fighting game and i like playing it...im not a picky person....

new topic though:

what is the most intense moment while playing a fighting game? who was your opponent? and explain why it was so intense
    Mine is definitely beating Tabuu in the Boss Rush mode in SSBB. Let's set up the situaion: I had never baten Boss Rush mode before and I was using Snake for this attempt. I got to Tabuu with 100% damage( around that amount) He was near death when he used that insta-death attack.. I dodged all 3 waves, then did snake's up-A, I thought I missed, but it turned out to be the final attack that was needed to beat him. I was never closer to having a heart attack during a game than in that very moment. At least in any fighting game I've played.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Looking for:

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

new topic though:

Well pretty much every time I play Brawl with my sister is pretty intense lol...I dunno things just get real mean and nasty and competitive very too fast aha. One in particular is when the TV we were using got broken because of a thrown Wii remote. Lucky for us it was not a newer TV so my parents were not all to mad about it XP

My most intense moment while playing a fighting game happened yesterday actually. My dad and I were playing Soul Calibur V and it was the tie-breaker round. His best character against mine (Mitsurugi VS Ezio) and I actually won. That was the first time I won against Mitsurugi and hopefully it won't be the last.

Tabuu.
    How could I forget about someone like him? He was so hard to beat. I'm so lucky that let you select a lot of characters in Adventure Mode, because it's really needed. When he uses Off Waves it is total hell. I didn't know that side-stepping could be so useful, well I'm not a defensive person in any type of game, even Pokemon, so I never really used it. But, ugh. He was a great boss, but it was insanely hard for me to beat him. I don't remember how long it took me to beat him though. :/

Like others have said, Tabuu. Intense mode on Boss Battles was something else, I had to rely on getting lucky on which opponents I was dealt. Eventually I got through it with Ike.

Also 15 minute Brawl and CRUEL BRAWL DAMN YOU. I managed to get I think 12-15 kills with Ike. Still have the video on my Wii. Never has my heart beat so hard while playing than when I got thorough Cruel Brawl.

Fighting Gamers Club Form

Hey I love fighting games can i join,

Username: Lost Requiem
    Game you like to play the most: SSBB, Touhou 12.3 Unthinkable Natural Law.
    Online name (if you have one): VP @L0ST for UNL. Don't have SSBB
    system(s): Wii (Broken), PC
    why you like fighting games: I don't know, in all honesty. I think I like that there are many different possibilities and combos, and the tactical things you have to do. That and breaking Last Resort Spamming
    have you read all my rules? Of course, why wouldn't I?

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    Fighting Gamers Club Form

Hey I love fighting games can i join,

Username: Lost Requiem
    Game you like to play the most: SSBB, Touhou 12.3 Unthinkable Natural Law.
    Online name (if you have one): VP @L0ST for UNL. Don't have SSBB
    system(s): Wii (Broken), PC
    why you like fighting games: I don't know, in all honesty. I think I like that there are many different possibilities and combos, and the tactical things you have to do. That and breaking Last Resort Spamming
    have you read all my rules? Of course, why wouldn't I?
    welcome lost to the club ill add you to the the member list as soon as i can ^_^ which probably be tommorow accepted are topic is above and bold but will change probalby tommorow...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast