Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: The Fighting Gamers Club

Quote Originally Posted by colorless-winter View Post
    How do you feel about the AI/CPU of the fighting games you play?

well I agree completely with Tokyo/steven but one other AI setting that is truly difficlut (at least for me that is.) is cruel brawl
    I have a really hard time with it and my maximum is like 10-12 somewhere around there. now THOSE are some tough cpus. also 15 miniute brawl was a bit hard after awhile but not nearly as much as cruel cpus. they are cruel for a reason that is.
    I think in Cruel Brawl they are all pretty much level level 9 and it is all of them against you so I think that is mostly why that can be so difficult lol. And for 15 minute brawl its more just because of the damage build up than anything else I think
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    I'd like to start a topic, if I may be so bold.

How do you feel about the AI/CPU of the fighting games you play? Is it as good as fighting a competent human? Is it a cheating piece of crap?

I like the AI of Tatsonoku VS Capcom, as I went through the Arcade mode a number of times it would start to do more advanced moves and tactics at about the same pace I did.
    SSBB's AI is really good. I feel like I have the chance to beat them even on 9.

Street fighter however I find the AI really cheap and hard to beat. You got Ryu and Chun-Li spamming so it takes a while just to beat them.

I think the Cruel Brawl CPU is higher than a 9. The enemies seem to be really calculating and very precise in their attacks. They wait and watch and strike at any given opportunity.

I'm applying for the Brawl tourney tomorrow if I can, it's late here and I can't get my FC and stuff to properly fill out the form. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    I think the Cruel Brawl CPU is higher than a 9. The enemies seem to be really calculating and very precise in their attacks. They wait and watch and strike at any given opportunity.

I'm applying for the Brawl tourney tomorrow if I can, it's late here and I can't get my FC and stuff to properly fill out the form. >.>
    That is fine. I three people is not enough to have a good tourney anyway. I think the best thing to do is move the dead line to May 1 a week from today in case of any latecomers

How do you feel about the AI/CPU of the fighting games you play?
    Personal experience wise. For SCV? It can be tedious, but I'm a vet at it. For DOA5? It can be a nightmare, since this is my second hardcore fighter game. I don't play other Fighting games since I'm content with just these two.

Quote Originally Posted by tokyo/seven View Post
    That is fine. I three people is not enough to have a good tourney anyway. I think the best thing to do is move the dead line to May 1 a week from today in case of any latecomers
    well if the deadline is may 1st can you please not make the tournement on may 4-5(the next saturday and sunday) as my birthday is the 4th and i wouldnt be able to brawl because ill be with my friends.

also Myrrh i think the cpus in cruel brawl are wayy higher than level 9 and also are more straitigcly based and also have higher damage rates than normal cpus.

banner made by Lucina Archealis (I don't think I spelt that right OTL)
    ^U^ I LOVE Crona from soul eater!
    owner of the silver fan club
    VM me and such if you wanna play some SSBB! im always up for a challange!

well if the deadline is may 1st can you please not make the tournement on may 4-5(the next saturday and sunday) as my birthday is the 4th and i wouldnt be able to brawl because ill be with my friends.

also Myrrh i think the cpus in cruel brawl are wayy higher than level 9 and also are more straitigcly based and also have higher damage rates than normal cpus.
    it may be pushed back again though too anyway winter cuaz of entry forms i don't know where everyone gone when they applied for being to the club and play brawl :/

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art

Yeah that is fine. I was planning to just have a certain amount of days for people to get their matches done instead of imposing a single day because of stuff like that anyway(Plus might have to push the date again anywayyyy). And yeah in Cruel Brawl I notice them sometimes using combos I have seen in Brawl tournaments aha

Yeah that is fine. I was planning to just have a certain amount of days for people to get their matches done instead of imposing a single day because of stuff like that anyway(Plus might have to push the date again anywayyyy). And yeah in Cruel Brawl I notice them sometimes using combos I have seen in Brawl tournaments aha
    I just hope the inactive members actually comeback soon cuaz i really want more activity to the club...right now this club im like this close to closing do to it...i know some thank you so much for keeping active but its just hard cuaz when people are inactive you get what i mean...i know we have enough for a tournament but more then half of the brawlers went inactive for some reason...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

I'm more present in other websites, but I check back here from time to time. Everyone else I imagine have school, jobs, and other personal matters to attend to. That's the reality of the situation. If I wanted to be active in something though, I'd probably play peeps in some Dead or Alive 5 and Soul Calibur V. I tend to be on those when I'm in the mood to beat stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocky Yoshi View Post
    I'm more present in other websites, but I check back here from time to time. Everyone else I imagine have school, jobs, and other personal matters to attend to. That's the reality of the situation. If I wanted to be active in something though, I'd probably play peeps in some Dead or Alive 5 and Soul Calibur V. I tend to be on those when I'm in the mood to beat stuff up.
    yeah i understand you situation that is fine pocky yoshi im talking about people though that really don't do much they sometimes forget there on serebii or they forget about the club XD I don't mind people having a life cuaz tbh i do have a really big life outside the internet but im saying just people that don't do much or forget and etc...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

Alright, seeing as this club is slowly dying, I intend to help revive it with a new topic: If you have Injustice: Gods Among Us, what do you think of it? I personally love it. A great story, a faster battle system than MK9, fun characters to use, interesting mechanics, and a crapton of content to unlock make for an excellent fighting game. I main Black Adam an some of the things you can do with him are just astounding. Also, the game's graphics are top-notch and full of little details that bring a smile to my face.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    Alright, seeing as this club is slowly dying, I intend to help revive it with a new topic: If you have Injustice: Gods Among Us, what do you think of it? I personally love it. A great story, a faster battle system than MK9, fun characters to use, interesting mechanics, and a crapton of content to unlock make for an excellent fighting game. I main Black Adam an some of the things you can do with him are just astounding. Also, the game's graphics are top-notch and full of little details that bring a smile to my face.
    I have played some of it and it does kind of feel like MK but I agree it feels a little more fast paced which I almost always prefer. I also liked that they put characters into the game that some people might not be familiar with instead of just sticking to popular ones only (NERD !) One thing I do not like though is that the range/projectile/weapon/whatever you want to call it characters seem to be at a big disadvantage. I feel like if this game gets popular enough for a meta to develope I feel like those characters will be very underwhelming. But every game has underwhelming characters I guess... (Dan)

Also I think the Brawl tournament will be cancelled/postponed until there are more people interested unfortunately. Just not enough for a good tournament yet
    Last edited by Touché Amoré; 1st May 2013 at 10:00 PM.

Though as a response to underwhelming characters, I feel like in the right hands they are completely deadly. I'm going to have to use Touhou 12.3 here as an example (Which none of you people here have). In UNL, Reisen Udongein Inaba, one of my mains is one of the most underwhelming characters in the game. Her bullets (In the Touhou fighting games, A is for attacks, B are regular ranged attacks, and C are powerful ranged attacks) don't deal too much damage, her 236B/C is good, but kind of iffy, and her other two 236B/Cs are also a little missy. Her 623's are hard to execute and don't really do that much, her standard 22 is alrith, and her alternate 22's are purely for movement. Her 214's are also hard to execute, and have a fixed hitbox. Though Reisen is a top tier threat for three reasons: Grand Patriot's Elixir, Trickery , and her Speed. While Reisens' bullets don't hit that far, she is the character who has the fastest B and C attacks. Meaning if you're trapped in a corner against a good Reisen player, you're pretty much screwed unless you're lucky with blocks. Grand Patriot's Elixir boosts her Damage output with each use, and a maximum of three is deadly, with four she'll do 3/4s of a health bar to the opponent. Since Reisen most of the time disappears for a second with almost all of her A attacks, and during her 66 and 44 dashes. Meaning sometimes you wouldn't know where she'll be, and suddenly you get combo'd and a Lunatic Red Eyes to your face.

So anyways I have a question to ask I just answered. Do you know any underrated characters that can be a top tier threat in the right hands?

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    Though as a response to underwhelming characters, I feel like in the right hands they are completely deadly. I'm going to have to use Touhou 12.3 here as an example (Which none of you people here have). In UNL, Reisen Udongein Inaba, one of my mains is one of the most underwhelming characters in the game. Her bullets (In the Touhou fighting games, A is for attacks, B are regular ranged attacks, and C are powerful ranged attacks) don't deal too much damage, her 236B/C is good, but kind of iffy, and her other two 236B/Cs are also a little missy. Her 623's are hard to execute and don't really do that much, her standard 22 is alrith, and her alternate 22's are purely for movement. Her 214's are also hard to execute, and have a fixed hitbox. Though Reisen is a top tier threat for three reasons: Grand Patriot's Elixir, Trickery , and her Speed. While Reisens' bullets don't hit that far, she is the character who has the fastest B and C attacks. Meaning if you're trapped in a corner against a good Reisen player, you're pretty much screwed unless you're lucky with blocks. Grand Patriot's Elixir boosts her Damage output with each use, and a maximum of three is deadly, with four she'll do 3/4s of a health bar to the opponent. Since Reisen most of the time disappears for a second with almost all of her A attacks, and during her 66 and 44 dashes. Meaning sometimes you wouldn't know where she'll be, and suddenly you get combo'd and a Lunatic Red Eyes to your face.

So anyways I have a question to ask I just answered. Do you know any underrated characters that can be a top tier threat in the right hands?
    Welp in SSBB Sonic is pretty terribly underrated. I mean yes he is frail and his attacks do not hit as hard as other characters but Pikachu(Sure its forward smash is strong but it is easily avoidable) suffers from the same problem and is generally put above Sonic. I think the main reason people do not tend to use Sonic a lot is because well he is difficult to use (At least I think so) compared to other characters that have a similar build like Toon Link and Diddy Kong who are both fast but very light (Not to mention they hit harder but yeahh..). Even if Sonic does not hit as hard he is still good..just difficult to use I think because of his speed (which is also probably his best aspect).

Welp in SSBB Sonic is pretty terribly underrated. I mean yes he is frail and his attacks do not hit as hard as other characters but Pikachu(Sure its forward smash is strong but it is easily avoidable) suffers from the same problem and is generally put above Sonic. I think the main reason people do not tend to use Sonic a lot is because well he is difficult to use (At least I think so) compared to other characters that have a similar build like Toon Link and Diddy Kong who are both fast but very light (Not to mention they hit harder but yeahh..). Even if Sonic does not hit as hard he is still good..just difficult to use I think because of his speed (which is also probably his best aspect).
    I'm a Tink user, and I do have to agree while their damage output isn't that great, they can easily mobile around the stage. I think what I like about Tink so much is that his air game is great, but he can also do really well on land with his smash attacks. While sonic's speed is really fast, he's mainly an air smasher, so personally most of the time Sonic should be in the air instead of on the ground (Since he can easily fall off, but he can recover easily and can edge guard quite well)

Credit to EG for Banner.

Lucas in SSBB is a MONSTER in the right hands. He is not at all easy to pick up and play. But if you take the time to learn him, he has so many options for so many things its ridiculous. PK fire and Thunder for zoning, c-smashes for close-up as well as PK Thunder recovery.Down B is a good spacing tool and projectile blocker. He isn't top tier, but he's damn good when used right.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

I'm a Tink user, and I do have to agree while their damage output isn't that great, they can easily mobile around the stage. I think what I like about Tink so much is that his air game is great, but he can also do really well on land with his smash attacks. While sonic's speed is really fast, he's mainly an air smasher, so personally most of the time Sonic should be in the air instead of on the ground (Since he can easily fall off, but he can recover easily and can edge guard quite well)
    Yeah if I am looking for a good air game Toon Link is usually my first choice lol. In fact for a while I actually mained Toon Link. He is just very versatile no really bad matchups for him. I mean...except maybe Meta Knight but that doesnt count lol...

Lucas in SSBB is a MONSTER in the right hands. He is not at all easy to pick up and play. But if you take the time to learn him, he has so many options for so many things its ridiculous. PK fire and Thunder for zoning, c-smashes for close-up as well as PK Thunder recovery.Down B is a good spacing tool and projectile blocker. He isn't top tier, but he's damn good when used right.
    I use Lucas as my back up main, and I agree. Also his down smash is the strongest in the entire game, but both of our Mother candidates have really bad learning curves

Yeah if I am looking for a good air game Toon Link is usually my first choice lol. In fact for a while I actually mained Toon Link. He is just very versatile no really bad matchups for him. I mean...except maybe Meta Knight but that doesnt count lol...
    Yea, Meta Knight is just broken. While most people call him a clone, Tink's play style is very different from Link's (Tink is really air oriented, but has good ground attacks and has attacks that draw in characters, which means he can deal more damage). Sometimes small differences can lead to very different play styles.

Credit to EG for Banner.

since I main with Lucas, I know what it was like to learn to play as him it was hard and took HOURS of practice for me, especially as I was really and I mean REALLY bad at the game a year ago. I could barely beat a level 7 or 8 CPU at the time which is pretty sad. and I was playing with Pikachu. so at the time I was with my cousin playing the game constantly and I progressively got better, but I could never play as the psi kids and he bet I could never do it. he liked to main with ness so I chose Lucas and I really liked his style and he became my main chara. some other things that are amazing when you perform them with Lucas are zap-jumping and the trickwhen you use pk fire is the opposite direction you want to go tall he pk magnet to give you a sideways boost to the stage.
    all of his smashs have very useful things like down s for edge guarding or hitting someone on a platform below you, up for massive power that even hits the top platform on battlefield, and side smash for a speedy yet powerful hit.
    also one added thing he is the only character I can beat 10 cruel brawl AI's with and I did that today
    Last edited by colorless-winter; 3rd May 2013 at 5:05 AM.

banner made by Lucina Archealis (I don't think I spelt that right OTL)
    ^U^ I LOVE Crona from soul eater!
    owner of the silver fan club
    VM me and such if you wanna play some SSBB! im always up for a challange!

Jigglypuff. Most of its attacks are horrible.But its Rollout can KO someone in 4 hits I think? Also its special isn't bad either (unless your in a big stage like temple).

It can also fly which makes it easier to aim Rollout.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminlover123 View Post
    Jigglypuff. Most of its attacks are horrible.But its Rollout can KO someone in 4 hits I think? Also its special isn't bad either (unless your in a big stage like temple).

It can also fly which makes it easier to aim Rollout.
    Purin actually used to be good. Like really really good. If you got into SSB before Brawl you might have known. To bad it got nerfed the way it did (Even though Diddy and Meta Knight and Snake probably would have kept it down in a lower tier anyway) Also speaking of underrated more or less is anyone else surprised that Olimar is now the #2 on the tier list? Like wow I swear last month he was almost dead last. I guess that proves it matters more on the person playing than the character ・_・

Purin actually used to be good. Like really really good. If you got into SSB before Brawl you might have known. To bad it got nerfed the way it did (Even though Diddy and Meta Knight and Snake probably would have kept it down in a lower tier anyway) Also speaking of underrated more or less is anyone else surprised that Olimar is now the #2 on the tier list? Like wow I swear last month he was almost dead last. I guess that proves it matters more on the person playing than the character ・_・
    I was too young to play competitive Melee, but wasn't Purin's rest broken as all F?

Well, that does surprise me a lot. I do like Olimar, but he really is a risk and reward type of character from personal experience. Though I do find it funny peach is the highest ranking Mario character.

Credit to EG for Banner.

I was too young to play competitive Melee, but wasn't Purin's rest broken as all F?

Well, that does surprise me a lot. I do like Olimar, but he really is a risk and reward type of character from personal experience. Though I do find it funny peach is the highest ranking Mario character.
    Not really. I mean it had a really big knockback but it isnt going to be KOing someone at 30% or something crazy like that. Purin was strong because of its smash attacks and Rollout and its rediculously good air game. Aaaaaaaand then it got nerfed lol. And about Peach. She is actually pretty decent. I mean she isnt placed as high in Brawl as she was in Melee but I think that is mostly due to more stronger characters being introduced...

Do you know any underrated characters that can be a top tier threat in the right hands?
    Underused characters is a good example. Someone not many people use and/or get to fight against. At times, they only win because whoever was facing them doesn't know how they set-up.

Especially when they haven't fought a person who truly brings out the abilities of what that character is capable of. That's why researching is very important in my humble opinion.

You'll try to figure out what makes them good and what makes them bad.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast