Thread: Pokemon myths and conspiracy

Cool Pokemon myths and conspiracy

-Gengar looks like the shadow of Clefable.
    -Psychic is based on the mind and its weaknesses are based on common human fears such as ghosts, bugs and the dark.
    Here is a video that talks about some of these:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6FumCqna6I

Share your thoughts and opinions about the theories or share your own Pokemon theories
    Last edited by ChaosA7X; 15th January 2013 at 11:33 PM.

Why does Pokemon have Myths? For god sakes, take a game for what it is.

Nice video. IMO, the most interesting part is to know why bug, ghost and dark are super effective against psychic-type. Though whether that is true or not about their effectiveness, it makes sense.
    Last edited by Pogaymon; 15th January 2013 at 1:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OneyNG View Post
    It adds more stuff to a game that we all love. I actually love reading and thinking about these stuff.
    Anyway, there are tooo many for me to remember so ill list some random ones
    > Lavender Town Syndrome
    > The Theory That Ash is Red's bro
    > Ash Coma theory
    > Munna was mentioned n Gen 1 and 3
    > Pikablu
    There are many more I can't remember, ill edit when i do.

Quote Originally Posted by OneyNG View Post
    I find it's much more interesting. I feel most would agree with me.

Striaton leaders=Shadow Triad?
    I know it's not true but it was interesting while it lasted.
    All of my time belongs to ΩR & αS.

More myths:
    -Gary's Raticate
    -Pokégods
    -Buried Alive and White Hand
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    It adds more stuff to a game that we all love. I actually love reading and thinking about these stuff.
    > Lavender Town Syndrome
    > Ash Coma theory
    > Pikablu
    About Ash coma theory, it sounds terrible in my viewpoint. Hope it'll always be just a theory.

And I didn't know that Munna was mentioned in Gen 1 and 3, I'll search for that later.

Quote Originally Posted by spyro and sonic View Post
    I find it's much more interesting. I feel most would agree with me.

Striaton leaders=Shadow Triad?
    I know it's not true but it was interesting while it lasted.
    I could never relate Striaton leaders and Shadow Triad, but the coincidence is quite interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    > Lavender Town Syndrome
    > Ash Coma theory
    > Pikablu
    When and where?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosA7X View Post
    -Gengar looks like the shadow of Clefable.
    -Psychic is based on the mind and its weaknesses are based on common human fears such as ghosts, bugs and the dark.
    Here is a video that talks about some of these:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6FumCqna6I

Share you thoughts and opinions about the theories or share your own Pokemon theories
    omg you just blew my freakin mind with that psychic thing........NEVER realized that lol cool!

And I'm not sure if these have to be your own ideas, this one is NOT, but marowak was originally planned in R/B to evolve into kangaskan, and cubone was symbolically the kangaskan baby who lost its mother....and as its dex says, it uses the bones of its dead mother....and kangaskan babies must be really attached to their mothers......but the creators got rid of it for some reason. Supposedly also the separation of evolution from marowak and kangaskan had something to do with creating the missingno glitch....

Also, a confirmed to be true one is that the famously dissapearing GS ball was supposed to contain a celebii that when unleashed would start a johto story arc similar to the 4th movie....but because of the movie it was deemed repetitive and discarded, only the GS ball was already introduced so they just subtly got rid of it and hoped people would forget about it.
    Last edited by Pikafleg; 15th January 2013 at 5:06 PM.
    I'm sorta back
    While I'd always love to talk about anything pokemon, I will only be using the 6th gen Wifi section for a while out of efficiency in my life, unfortunately

PLEASE NOTE: My one and only 3DS friend code is now 0576 3520 6954, it used to be 0688 5572 5678 but I no longer have that DS, delete that old code if you already have it!
    thought X/Y were amazing, but the widely revolutionary ORAS makes X/Y look like, well, I guess the original Ruby/Sapphire (which were still awesome) ha ha. in early middle of story line, w/ no choice but to progress fairly slowly. if anyone wants to battle or register me (be sure to tell me iso I can get yours) feel free to!

AS: Grovyle, Metang, Swellow, Skitty, Corphish, and "Pikabest"

Quote Originally Posted by Mays View Post
    When and where?
    In gen 1, outside Rock cave just above Lavendar Town a girl (or Lass rather) mentions that it would be awesome with "a pink pokemon with flower patterns"

In gen 3, in Devon Corp (Rustboro City) a scientist mentions that he's working on a way for trainers to visually see Pokemon dreams, which is Dream World. But Munna/Musharna are strongly dream related and they use a Munna to run the Dream World don't they? In the first BW city they have a big machine connected to one.

Also, I have a very hard time believing in these suicide things linked to Lavender Town. Wouldn't there be any news left that you could read? How would they be able to cover up such a thing.
    Last edited by Chrysaries; 15th January 2013 at 6:40 PM.

My FC (Y): 3995-6945-2972 (Fairy) ||Banner Credit to Sworn Metalhead!
    Trainer's Card ||
    http://9gag.com/chrysaries || Pokememes/Memebase||Battle FC: 3182 4147 0411
    Quote Originally Posted by 0LdSk00lMew View Post
    I'm not going to lie you have the best stuff around xD

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysaries View Post
    In gen 1, outside Rock cave just above Lavendar Town a girl (or Lass rather) mentions that it would be awesome with "a pink pokemon with flower patterns"

In gen 3, in Devon Corp (Rustboro City) a scientist mentions that he's working on a way for trainers to visually see Pokemon dreams, which is Dream World. But Munna/Musharna are strongly dream related and they use a Munna to run the Dream World don't they? In the first BW city they have a big machine connected to one.
    Dayum! Never knew.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosA7X View Post
    1. No it isn't, Clefable and Gengar look nothing and are completely unrelated.

2. While this is correct, there is no way a Caterpie will win against a Mewtwo.

3. I thought this was common knowledge?

4. Incorrect in the original Pokémon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow it was an NES in the player room when the N64 was the latest Nintendo console at the time and in Gold/Sliver/Crystal the player didn't have any of the Nintendo console in their room.

5. Incorrect, this is a made up story and if it was true Pokémon wouldn't exist today.

6. False Giratina is based on antimatter and the video seem to ignore the fact that Giratina has 10 spikes in Origin Forme and that the creation trio are based on Shinto legend.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysaries View Post
    Also, I have a very hard time believing in these suicide things linked to Lavender Town. Wouldn't there be any news left that you could read? How would they be able to cover up such a thing.
    That's pretty much the nail in the coffin for the LTS. There would have been a big outcry against pokemon if this happened.
    Anyway, it is interesting to know that there were 3 extra tones in the origi lavender music that got removed later. I don't know y ?

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post

4. Incorrect in the original Pokémon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow it was an NES in the player room when the N64 was the latest Nintendo console at the time and in Gold/Sliver/Crystal the player didn't have any of the Nintendo console in their room.

5. Incorrect, this is a made up story and if it was true Pokémon wouldn't exist today.

6. False Giratina is based on antimatter and the video seem to ignore the fact that Giratina has 10 spikes in Origin Forme and that the creation trio are based on Shinto legend.
    People say that the 4th gen trio is based on Shinto all the time, but I really don't see it... especially because if Dialga and Palkia are supposedly Izanami and Izanagi, then what is Giratina supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post

1. Gengar looks a lot like Clefable, in a evil version. Since Clefairy (or Clefable) was originally supposed to be the mascot (instead of Pikachu) it's not wierd they did a more cool version to appeal to older ages or boys.

2. I thought you were deaf, the video's subtitles are very incorrect (it's those auto subtitles from Youtube)

From Blaze Boy's sig: "Please excuse my spelling and grammar as I am deaf and have Dyslexia."

My FC (Y): 3995-6945-2972 (Fairy) ||Banner Credit to Sworn Metalhead!
    Trainer's Card ||
    http://9gag.com/chrysaries || Pokememes/Memebase||Battle FC: 3182 4147 0411
    Quote Originally Posted by 0LdSk00lMew View Post
    I'm not going to lie you have the best stuff around xD

There is a full list in this link, so you can check some theories about Pokemon.

Those theories are funny to read, but you cannot believe them so hard, even under strong coincidences. Only Nintendo can affirm what is true or not.

Where is your primary source of proof for these facts? Direct from Gamefreak as the developers of the games, or Satoshi Tajiri as the designer of pokemon. Unless you have a source that has one or more of these people stating that what you are saying is FACT, then anything you print is nothing but FICTION. Some of it may be credible, but without a source to prove it then none of it can be trusted.

Did you know Fighting isn't very effective against Flying, because when they were making the game there was an annoying bird outside the office, and some guy decided to get rid of it. So he tried to punch the bird, but missed and broke his hand, and that's why the type isn't very effective.

about the gangar and clefable...I can kinda see it cause they do look simalar and it would explain why their attacks have absoltly no effect of eachother
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    Where is your primary source of proof for these facts? Direct from Gamefreak as the developers of the games, or Satoshi Tajiri as the designer of pokemon. Unless you have a source that has one or more of these people stating that what you are saying is FACT, then anything you print is nothing but FICTION. Some of it may be credible, but without a source to prove it then none of it can be trusted.
    That is a very good point that you raise, about 99% of my fact comes from bulbapedia. However I am aware that bulbapedia isn't always correct in some cases so other source would have to be found.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon