Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Old Rumors Die Hard

If he doesn't believe that, try to find a copy of Guniess World Records 2001. In 2001, Pokemon Yellow version was the fastest selling game of all time. That will at least prove that older games exist.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

I remember someone trying to pull off a Minusle hoax. (Minun + Plusle in one Pokemon)

Yeah, no.

EDIT: And the random YouTube videos of people battling 100 Unown and then a Celebi appears. Or where you tap the badges in Diamond/Pearl in front of the Celestic Town shrine and Celebi appears.

Yeah, no.
    Last edited by disposable_heroes; 3rd January 2013 at 7:24 PM.

Pokémon Quiz Bowl. It's a thing.

Every time you have a bad day, just go to Advanced Search, enter "Him in the Court" in the User Name box, and voila.
    I claim Vanillite because it is best Pokémon.

PEOPLE OF EARTH -- WE ARE YOUR ZILTOIDIAN OVERLORDS.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyBlackWhite View Post
    Im starting to think this kid is only trolling you. He sounds a little too stupid for a pokemon fan.
    Good point. Treating him like a troll might be the best course of action, Neon Squirtle. Don't seek him out, don't show him anymore proof. If he comes to you and spouts more "facts" laugh and say that you know he's just joking. If he really is joking then he'll know he can't mess with you anymore. But if he truly believes this crud then you can shift the burden of proof to him by asking him for evidence. Let's see him prove that Red & Blue were faked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Umbreon View Post
    Good point. Treating him like a troll might be the best course of action, Neon Squirtle. Don't seek him out, don't show him anymore proof. If he comes to you and spouts more "facts" laugh and say that you know he's just joking. If he really is joking then he'll know he can't mess with you anymore. But if he truly believes this crud then you can shift the burden of proof to him by asking him for evidence. Let's see him prove that Red & Blue were faked.
    Exactly. How can he actually have proof of Gen I being fake if there is none?

Yes, but my guess is he found it on the internet, a lot of kids believe anything they see on the internet. Well if my link doesn't work, try seeing him as a troll, like the people above me said.
    {Credit to TheSketchQueen}

Two awesome characters I created: Mitzy the female , and Espeon the Male . Both were created for the forum game, Pokemon Big Brother.

Espeon EX

I saw a video that said that if you went until certain par4t of Hoenn in Emerald without catching any Pokémon, a Celebi would appear in your Box. Me and my brother tried this a thousand times, but it never worked
    Friend Safari
    Type: Poison
    Pokémon: Venomoth, Gloom, Drapion
    FC: 3969-5407-3750
    If you add me, please PM me so I can add you back

Quote Originally Posted by Espeon EX View Post
    Yes, but my guess is he found it on the internet, a lot of kids believe anything they see on the internet. Well if my link doesn't work, try seeing him as a troll, like the people above me said.
    there doesn't seem to be any rumors though about this. A more plausible idea is that maybe he has an older sibling who decided to feed him false info.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I dunno if it has already been mentioned but I think this rumor is still one of the famous ones...
    Pressing "DOWN + B" while catching a Pokemon helps catch Pokemon a lot easier.

We know that it's just a myth and really does nothing at all but I think many players still do this out of habit. Myself included. XD
    I still do this as well, even if I use my AR with a 100% capture code. It's truly a habit that's hard to break
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Umbreon View Post
    You're probably right.

Anyway, back on the topic of rumours, I used to believe that mashing the A button on a DS would make moves hit more often. I realised it wasn't true, but still do it out of habit. Also, when I was googling tips on catching Pokemon so I could get an Eevee for my White2 and I found people saying to swear into the microphone to double the catch rate. Eh, nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

I used to believe that if you froze a wild pokemon you can always catch it no matter the health or level. My friend also said that he caught a frozen Rayquaza with a Poke Ball.

Some of my friends believed the rumor about going to the moon to catch Jachari/Deoxys, and they wouldn't believe me when I told the its not true.

Someone also told me you could join Team Magma in Ruby. Since I had Sapphire I really had no way to test it out and I for some reason believed him.
    No sig. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    Some of my friends believed the rumor about going to the moon to catch Jachari/Deoxys, and they wouldn't believe me when I told the its not true.

Someone also told me you could join Team Magma in Ruby. Since I had Sapphire I really had no way to test it out and I for some reason believed him.
    I wish you could join the evil teams!

Two awesome characters I created: Mitzy the female , and Espeon the Male . Both were created for the forum game, Pokemon Big Brother.

Espeon EX

Quote Originally Posted by Espeon EX View Post
    I wish you could join the evil teams!
    GF have to make a spinoff where you can play as Maxie or Archie and go on to start Team Magma/Aqua and actually succeed in your goals. And get to pick your Pokemon and aren't stuck with a Crobat and Mightyena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Mist View Post
    I still do this as well, even if I use my AR with a 100% capture code. It's truly a habit that's hard to break
    It really is. I still mash the A and Y on my DS, I can't help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Squirtle View Post
    GF have to make a spinoff where you can play as Maxie or Archie and go on to start Team Magma/Aqua and actually succeed in your goals. And get to pick your Pokemon and aren't stuck with a Crobat and Mightyena.
    I'd love a game where you get found by Max/Archie and sign up to be a member, then you'd have to rank up or something until you become the leader.

In elementary school, I once heard that when you beat the Elite 4 in Diamond & Pearl a number of times (idk the exact number, it was around 50 or something), a pc would appear in a cave somewhere, and with that pc, you could clone pokemon. I didn't try it, but a lot of my friends did. Didn't work of course....
    I still want to believe there is something in the games that even Serebii doesn't know about though.... like a secret trick you have to do to get a legendary.... But I know that isn't true
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

Anyone remember that one where if you made Lickitung eat a Rare Candy at level 22 while holding the Game Boy upside down (or something like that) would make it evolve into freakin' Luigi?
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

everyone talks about the button pushing. i have one
    on some "offiacial" cheat site, i found that if u press aba when the pokeball is open and putting the pokemon inside it will help. also a each time the pokeball moved. what doesnt help on the aba one is that it always works for me :/
    Current Shiny Hunt:
    Houndour
    EGGS: 486
    Im back everyone

Shop will be open soon for 5th gen

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Anyone remember that one where if you made Lickitung eat a Rare Candy at level 22 while holding the Game Boy upside down (or something like that) would make it evolve into freakin' Luigi?
    Yeah, Nintendo made that one, didn't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

I tried something based on a rumour when I was really young on my Gold version, about resetting 250 times in front of Red's mother and then I would apparently receive a Mew. Of course, nothing happened, and I think at the time I expected as much to begin with, I was just a bored child with nothing better to do than debunk myths.

I heard a rumor that if you run around a legendary pokemon 101 times before battling it , it would be shiny....yeah i seriously believed it

However if you fight it and soft reset that number... times a thousand... it might be shiny.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

I remember in diamond and pearl there was this rumor about a city called Benco City, and in the city you could capture a Pokemon called Planthy.
    Current Black 2 Team

I swear I use to think button mashing increased your chances of catching a pokemon... Even though I don't believe it anymore, I still find myself button mashing. Old habits die hard...

I remember talking about Charizards evolution, a black version named Charcoal. And I wasn't getting confused with the Shiny version, I thought it would actually evolve through a secret event...

I also used to belive almost any rumor to do with celebii/jirachi. Why are they not in game!?!

Espeon EX

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast