Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Old Rumors Die Hard

I'm suprised that any of the young people know about gen 1, as it's not sold for ds systems at this point.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMasterCait View Post
    I think everyone knows about the rumors of Givovanni (sp?) being Ash's Father....in Diamond and Pearl it was false but for years I (along with hundreds of others i'm sure) thought the same.....I kinda liked the idea of him being Ash's father..... :\
    I think the idea for that came from Pokémon Live, where that was the case. In the animé, Ash's dad is apparantly a deadbeat who abandoned his family.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

That in hg/ss if you catched ho-oh,lugia,zapdos,moltres,articuno and mew they would bundle their powers to make a ball of energy and then you will find all pokemon shiny.how did i fricking believe this...

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

I remember hearing about these things called Pokegods. My friend and I were online and we came across it. One I remember clear as day was either a black charizard or a charizard fossil. You had to go talk to Bill after you beat the game or something and he'd bring you behind his house and it would be there. I wanted to get it so bad. There were others too but I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by JSpeed View Post
    I remember hearing about these things called Pokegods. My friend and I were online and we came across it. One I remember clear as day was either a black charizard or a charizard fossil. You had to go talk to Bill after you beat the game or something and he'd bring you behind his house and it would be there. I wanted to get it so bad. There were others too but I can't remember.
    While Bill has nothing to do with it, black Charizards actually do exist. That's their shiny form.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    In Ruby/Sapphire: if you put a special pokeblock in one of the most remote pokeblock feeders in the safari zone, that Kyogre would decsend from the sky and you could fight him again
    That has to be one of the most bizarre rumors I have ever heard. O_O
    As for my rumor, it would have to be that Deoxys in space one.
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    While Bill has nothing to do with it, black Charizards actually do exist. That's their shiny form.
    I know this. This was when there was no shinies at all.

Someone tried to tell me that Celebi would appear at the Celestic Town shrine if you hit the Sinnoh Gym Badges in a certain way. Based on how the shrines in Celestic Town and Ilex Forest are designed, I kinda believed him, until Serebii told me otherwise....
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

there were so many rumors about the regis, because of the weird way to unlock them

I remember stories of killing Pokemon, and being arrested for doing so.
    Plus, all the creepypastas of the Internet. 'Nuff said.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Believing that pressing the A,Right,Select,Start Buttons together would help in getting crits, better chance of catching a pokemon and better chance of winner the fight.All I got was a broken Game Boy after 1 year of smashing.

And also believing that hiding in the toilet and being silent would help to catch a legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by iGotNoiPad View Post
    And also believing that hiding in the toilet and being silent would help to catch a legendary.
    Never heard of THAT before XD

Probably Giovanni is Ash's real dad, nya~

Quote Originally Posted by iGotNoiPad View Post
    Now, who would have made up that one ?

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Now, who would have made up that one ?
    Well, I was desperate to catch Rayquaza; so I was accepting whatever advice my friends would give me.This was one of the only ones that seems okay(there was another one which requires me to be naked). After about a year of doing it, I realise my friend was leading me on. I was 8 at that time too.

I have heard quite a few of these (really a toilet), but whatever, quite a few of these I believed when I was in 2nd and 3rd grade (I'm a High School senior now). MewThee, Mewfour. I heard quite a few of them but whatever.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    I'm just happy that they actually know about the original generation(s). In my experience, all younger children I've come across that play the Pokemon games are quite central to gen 5..
    I agree. A kid in the year 3 below mine at school told me he heard me talking about how classic Pokemon (Squirtle, Mewtwo, etc.) are my favourites to my friends and them agreeing with me. He then told me there are no such Pokemon as "Bulbasaur" or "Venomoth" and that I should stop pretending to like Pokemon to get more friends at school, and even if I do, I should stop talking about "fake classics" and say I like real Pokemon like Snivy and Reshiram. *facepalm*
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

Wow,it seems like "brony syndrome" applies to pokemon newfans too...Sad(((
    I absolutely LOVE Raichu.

if u jump into lava in a volcano ingame, u get a slugma... spent 3 years trying to figure out how to jump lol
    Im addiected to sneaking up on Pokemon!

FC: 4167-5603-4051
    Gotta have one for me and one for one of my best friends on here!

~credit to Astral Shadow for buttons
    ~credit to CrystalNinetales for the userbar

I remember one person in my old school boasting that they had Pokemon Chaos Black..it was fake

Quote Originally Posted by Ambree View Post
    if u jump into lava in a volcano ingame, u get a slugma... spent 3 years trying to figure out how to jump lol
    Even if that was real, I would not want to try that... O_O Sounds painful (I know you cannot get hurt, but still...).
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Squirtle View Post
    I agree. A kid in the year 3 below mine at school told me he heard me talking about how classic Pokemon (Squirtle, Mewtwo, etc.) are my favourites to my friends and them agreeing with me. He then told me there are no such Pokemon as "Bulbasaur" or "Venomoth" and that I should stop pretending to like Pokemon to get more friends at school, and even if I do, I should stop talking about "fake classics" and say I like real Pokemon like Snivy and Reshiram. *facepalm*
    Woah ! he had the nerve of saying that ! little twerp !

Wow... *claps slowly* For all the dumb things I've heard kids say I've never had one claim that a real Pokemon was fake. That deserves a prize. I wonder if that kid has ever completed the Pokedex (or if he Game Sharked it complete then didn't bother to read it).

EDIT: Just realized the full implications. This kid said Bulbasaur isn't a real Pokemon. He thinks Pokemon number 001 isn't real.
    Last edited by Lady Umbreon; 30th December 2012 at 7:42 PM. Reason: went to the fridge

Wow... never had that happen. That's sad and hilarious at the same time. I have had some of my kids at work ask me who Mewtwo was, but even so they're fairly knowledgeable about older generations and they've never tried to tell me that real Pokemon are fakes.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

I believed the trick with Mew hiding under the truck in Firered. So I got a friend to trade me a pokemon with cut to leave the ship docked until I got surf, and went back there, and saw the truck. Of course, I only got a Lava Cookie.
    Got my copy of X!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Umbreon View Post
    Wow... *claps slowly* For all the dumb things I've heard kids say I've never had one claim that a real Pokemon was fake. That deserves a prize. I wonder if that kid has ever completed the Pokedex (or if he Game Sharked it complete then didn't bother to read it).

EDIT: Just realized the full implications. This kid said Bulbasaur isn't a real Pokemon. He thinks Pokemon number 001 isn't real.
    Yeah... My reply to him was that he should Google Search Pokémon Red and Blue, and he told me immediately "Those are fakes. Couldn't you tell from the graphics? Only the people who make the REAL games have access to the technology to make the graphics the way they really are. That's why they have bad graphics and honestly, poor attempts at putting fake Pokémon into a game. I mean, "Drowzee" and "Hypno" are just ugly, yellow and disturbing ripoffs of Munna and Musharna. Come on, you really need to do your homework man...".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast