Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Exercise and Fitness Thread

i never really liked swimimng. i do crossfit. i should look up my times if any other crossfitter wants to know

You think exercise is not possible in college?

For me, going to my university is no cakewalk. One, I had to walk my way from home t the main road where I can ride a jeepney going to my school. but there's more. No jeepneys ever stop at my school. They can only bring me to the overpass ridge closest to my university. So I have to climb an old yet long overpass and go down the other side on the road. Then I must walk my way two street blocks and cross the pedestrian crossing to the new other side of the road again. Walk a bit of distance and enter my universitty building. Then climb SEVEN OR NEIGHT floors by stairs then sit down exhausted at my classroom.

Very fitting exrcise done EVERY SEVEN in the morning every class day.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Moth View Post
    Yeah yoga's pretty good bro, obviously if you can balance it with other physical activities you can become quite healthy, cause most of the stretches involved with often help regulate and improve circulation and blood flow. Not to mention it'll allow the energy centers in your body to be exercised by means in which otherwise wouldn't. Which in turn allows more body muscle to be increase and fat decreased.
    I've had a lot more energy since I started doing it too.
    Not only that, but I've gotten more toned and that's been great. :)

I need to do something about my arms though. I have no upper arm strength or tone! Yoga needs some dynamic poses for that. D:

The clothing you wear for it make great lounge clothes! :P Yoga pants are so great. I don't know what they're made of but oh, it's so comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Moth View Post
    I love you. lol
    Uh...thank you! xD

I like this thread because it is about fitness and exercise. Exercise is the only best solution of over weight and good for fitness. If a person wants to get fitness then he should do exercise daily. I love to do exercise because it is my favorite thing to do exercise. Running,walking,jogging all are best exercises for fitness.

You guys ever try Insanity?

Dat sh-t cray.

I never even finished it lol. I made it like.. 2.5 weeks maybe? I wanted to continue I just didn't have the time and then I kept missing days.. yeesh.

I want to enroll in hot yoga and/or zumba classes. Love them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Mical View Post
    I like this thread because it is about fitness and exercise. Exercise is the only best solution of over weight and good for fitness. If a person wants to get fitness then he should do exercise daily. I love to do exercise because it is my favorite thing to do exercise. Running,walking,jogging all are best exercises for fitness.
    Running, walking and jogging are terrible solutions to obesity.

One of my new years resolutions is to train more.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    You guys ever try Insanity?

Dat sh-t cray.

I never even finished it lol. I made it like.. 2.5 weeks maybe? I wanted to continue I just didn't have the time and then I kept missing days.. yeesh.

I want to enroll in hot yoga and/or zumba classes. Love them both.
    We had to do those in my Aerobics class.

Insanity was awful...I was so bad at keeping up. My stomach muscles ached for weeks afterward. I'd lay in bed at night and poke them and they'd like..pulse. That hurt. xD
    But Zumba was a lot of fun! I loved the samba and the mambo, those were great. :D

We also had a Wii and we played Just Dance. That was really fun. I have the dance to Rockefeller Skank etched into my memory forever now, I did it so many times.

My sister does Insanity. It looks terrible, I probably could last about 5 minutes. One of my new years goals is more exercise. I mostly just walk though its a bit cold now. Id like to get back to using the Eliptical and I swim in the summer. Exercise is healthy and I feel lazy when I dont do some sort of exercise but I have little motivation.

One of my new years resolution is also to work out more. Though if you don't have a good diet, it's not great either. So, a good diet is also one of my new year resolutions XD

Quote Originally Posted by Doux View Post
    We had to do those in my Aerobics class.

Insanity was awful...I was so bad at keeping up. My stomach muscles ached for weeks afterward. I'd lay in bed at night and poke them and they'd like..pulse. That hurt. xD
    But Zumba was a lot of fun! I loved the samba and the mambo, those were great.

We also had a Wii and we played Just Dance. That was really fun. I have the dance to Rockefeller Skank etched into my memory forever now, I did it so many times.
    Haha wow that's crazy!
    Lmao :P I really enjoyed doing it.. when I wasn't tired.. 'cause I felt like I was really doing well. Mostly. Sometimes I would lay on the floor and he'd be like "READY?" and I would yell at him that I wasn't. Well it was more of a groan because I didn't have the energy to yell lol.
    But I felt like I was pushing myself which is good.

I love Zumba so much! I've only tried it once unfortunately - it was a free trial class - and it was sooo much fun and I sweat so much. I wanted to get it for Kinect on the 360 lol. SO FUN!

Lol! Is that on there? I have it for Wii but barely play, but I played at my friends the other day and it was a lot of fun. AND I WAS SWEATING LIKE A MOFO! Dance Central is also a really good workout, but I learned my lesson about stretching after I could barely walk 'cause of my calf muscles for a few days after.. lol. Not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    My sister does Insanity. It looks terrible, I probably could last about 5 minutes. One of my new years goals is more exercise. I mostly just walk though its a bit cold now. Id like to get back to using the Eliptical and I swim in the summer. Exercise is healthy and I feel lazy when I dont do some sort of exercise but I have little motivation.
    Lol. You really gotta push yourself. It's really hard but if you wanna see quick results (which I obvs. didn't 'cause I didn't stick with it long enough lol) and you wanna really whip yourself into .. sort of shape I guess, then it's a great program.
    Have you used your elliptical a lot? I got one not this past but last Christmas I believe and I unfortunately haven't used it as much as I would have liked to. I'ev done research but I feel like I'm not going to lose any weight with it even though it says you will. I want to start running when it gets warmer.

I had a good workout today. I did squats, worked out my calves, abs, and shoulders. My legs are definitely going to be sore tomorrow though.
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

Haha wow that's crazy!
    Lmao :P I really enjoyed doing it.. when I wasn't tired.. 'cause I felt like I was really doing well. Mostly. Sometimes I would lay on the floor and he'd be like "READY?" and I would yell at him that I wasn't. Well it was more of a groan because I didn't have the energy to yell lol.
    But I felt like I was pushing myself which is good.
    I did the same thing! I laid there after about ten minutes of the really hard stuff and I just grunted at him to stop being so up-beat when I was so exhausted. xD

I love Zumba so much! I've only tried it once unfortunately - it was a free trial class - and it was sooo much fun and I sweat so much. I wanted to get it for Kinect on the 360 lol. SO FUN!
    I do too! We did it a lot...the belly dancing was fun, but I felt ridiculous doing that. :P

Lol! Is that on there? I have it for Wii but barely play, but I played at my friends the other day and it was a lot of fun. AND I WAS SWEATING LIKE A MOFO! Dance Central is also a really good workout, but I learned my lesson about stretching after I could barely walk 'cause of my calf muscles for a few days after.. lol. Not fun.
    You bet it is!
    Glad to know I'm not the only person who gets tight calves. :P Maybe that's my problem too...I try to stretch but sometimes it isn't enough. D:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGengar View Post
    I had a good workout today. I did squats, worked out my calves, abs, and shoulders. My legs are definitely going to be sore tomorrow though.
    Oh god, squats.
    I try to do those but...my butt. It hurts so bad! D:
    They're supposed to be like...the ultimate toning thing for your "bootay" but sometimes afterwards, when you're trying to get situated comfortably in a chair, you gotta wonder if it's worth it.
    Last edited by Doux; 3rd January 2013 at 3:47 AM.

Oh god, squats.
    I try to do those but...my butt. It hurts so bad! D:
    They're supposed to be like...the ultimate toning thing for your "bootay" but sometimes afterwards, when you're trying to get situated comfortably in a chair, you gotta wonder if it's worth it.
    It's worth it. You get to feel a wonderful DOMS in your butt afterwards.

Well i go to the gym at least once a week, i also like running man do i like to run.

I've always been in decent shape but I rarely work out because i'm not too concerned with getting ripped and lifting weights all the time but it does feel good for me to get in the gym a few times a month to get some cardio work in.
    X FC 1650 1536 9669

From college experience, I know a couple basic ballroom dances that WILL MAKE YOU FIT!

a. Karamba
    b. Cha-cha-cha (most favorite and recommended)
    c. Jive (most hardcore and difficult)
    d. Samba
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It's worth it. You get to feel a wonderful DOMS in your butt afterwards.
    I don't know what DOMS is! But I do know that I feel not-so-wonderful ache in my butt afterwards. :P

I don't know what DOMS is! But I do know that I feel not-so-wonderful ache in my butt afterwards. :P
    It's Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, the aching that you feel some hours after training.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It's Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, the aching that you feel some hours after training.
    Ohh...well that's certainly not something I think is wonderful! It's terrible not being able to sit or lay on your back/side comfortably. xD

So then, I have had several people tell me that I should take up yoga. Apparently it's a good way to relieve stress and anxiety. Can someone confirm this?

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    So then, I have had several people tell me that I should take up yoga. Apparently it's a good way to relieve stress and anxiety. Can someone confirm this?
    Oh, absolutely. I've been doing 30 to 45 minutes of yoga daily for the past several months. I've felt really relaxed ever since I made it a routine.
    It helps you sleep better too if you do it before bedtime! :)

Oh, absolutely. I've been doing 30 to 45 minutes of yoga daily for the past several months. I've felt really relaxed ever since I made it a routine.
    It helps you sleep better too if you do it before bedtime!
    That sounds like it would do me a lot of good. I've been having trouble sleeping for months now. I'll give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    That sounds like it would do me a lot of good. I've been having trouble sleeping for months now. I'll give it a try.

I don't recommend going to an actual yoga class, at least to start with. When you start yoga, you really do feel kind of strange...a lot of the people who are really, really into it and have been doing it for ages seem to enjoy singling out new folks, and that doesn't sound like anything you need since you're looking to reduce stress.

Yoga DVDs are easy to come by. If you've got a library near you, I guarantee you'll be able to order one in, or if you want to own one, this sounds like a great one for you. :)

I discovered that they offer free yoga classes at the public library in my neighborhood. That will do me some good.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast