Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Exercise and Fitness Thread

I'm starting my cut tomorrow on a powerlifting routine (with some bodyweight excersises added) and HIIT cardio on the off-days. Haven't been able to train for over a month due to overtraining, stress (private situation/work) and a wrist-injury. In the meantime I gained some weight (fat) so I expect to shed all of that in 2 months. I'm looking forward to starting again!

I had restarted weight training and cardio about a month ago, and since this thursday I've been not doing anything whatsoever and have been eating too much (of the wrong thing) for example, today I made rainbow cupcakes when I got bored, I ate 2 hamburgers at lunch, with a load of crap for dinner and have been snacking poorly throughout the day; the previous two days I've been eating greasy fatty foods aswell and I'm feeling terrible.
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG] wow fantastic baby [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG]

How effective are push ups for getting big pecs?

Quote Originally Posted by Bbran5 View Post
    How effective are push ups for getting big pecs?
    More effective than not exercising. Less effective than bench press.

Strong pecs = big pecs. That's basically the key. You can't get big pecs by just doing bodyweight exercises (like push ups) because your body has the tendency to adapt to certain stress factors. To get big pecs you have to get stronger in the basic lift (bench press) and add some additional exercises like incline dumbell presses. Also progressive overload is a key factor in this, it means you have to either increase your repetitions or the weight that you use, everytime you exercise.

I use bodybuilding.com to help me out with exercising. They have motivational transformations & everything they talk about is all facts.
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentxis View Post
    do any of u kunts even lift? i am here to help, being easily the most aesthetic and swole member to grace you neckbeards with my presence.
    265 Bench son get on my level

Quote Originally Posted by Kentxis View Post
    335 bench u mirin?

gonna hit tree fiddy soon
    betcha don't have proper form nigga
    400 on squat too?

Did someone just delete a few posts?

Hi DarkGengar,
    Thanks for starting exercise and fitness thread and like to say we must exercise regularly for healthy and active lifestyle as regular exercises not only helps in losing extra weight but also improve our immunity system and reduce the risk of high blood pressure, cholesterol, depression, obesity, stroke, certain types of cancer and cardiovascular disease.

hey, im looking to bulk up ay, i was wondering what exercises i should be doing on an overall lvl.?
    Bug-Type Represent !

Does anybody know how to improve running stamina? I run about 3-4 kilometres a day, but still feel very tired. Keep in mind I am eleven, so I can't go to the gym or whatever.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

because i live in an area that always seems to rain, it's hard for me to keep on my jogging schedule. so instead, if it's raining, i do indoor exercises... which doesn't really keep my heart pumping. i really find my area an ideal jogging place for me, because you're either jogging up, or jogging down.

~ Excalibuuuuuur, Excalibuuuuur, from the United King, i'm looking for her, i'm going to Californiaaa~

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightFalls View Post
    Does anybody know how to improve running stamina? I run about 3-4 kilometres a day, but still feel very tired. Keep in mind I am eleven, so I can't go to the gym or whatever.
    I wouldn't worry about building up stamina for a few years, but if you have access to running on different types of ground do that. Like if you normally run on a road, try running over hills and dirt and grass. More resistance training than anything. If you want you can try leg exercises like lifting weight with your legs to gain more resistance. If you're able to, put on some ankle weights while you run too. Also be sure to eat a decent but not too big protein filled breakfast (the less grease the better though) before you run, and drink lots of water. The rest just comes with time and lots of running!

Currently my routine is all weight lifting because I'm not allowed to do cardio (medical reasons). I've slimmed up but I really want to bulk up. Irritating. Stuffing myself full of vitamins and supplements in the meantime and praying I bulk up ONE DAY
    that day will also be the day I grow an actual mustache

That's Captain lead developer to you.

I practice yoga quite often, alongside with swimming laps, running, strength training and sometimes some mma stuff. Though to be honest, I wish I can get back into karate again. I really miss it alot... =/

I'm in high school and really want to make the boys basketball team. I'm about 6'1, have a somewhat athletic body, have long arms, but I feel to scrawny. Anyone have any tips on how I can bulk up my chest and stomach muscle besides crunches?
    Thanks in advance !

Credit for this banner goes to Rikku Takanashi

Credit for this banner goes to Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by JTurls97 View Post
    I'm in high school and really want to make the boys basketball team. I'm about 6'1, have a somewhat athletic body, have long arms, but I feel to scrawny. Anyone have any tips on how I can bulk up my chest and stomach muscle besides crunches?
    Thanks in advance !
    get a stability ball. Stability static workouts help out a lot more in gaining strength and building muscle over lifting weights.

If you want a good chest and core, go with static push ups, static crunches with weights (as long as you're able to pull off a full body crunch with a good lever and weight resistance to get the full core), dips, bench presses and dead lifts. 3-4 sets of 6-10 reps each. start with light weights and build up. don't overexert yourself. the trick to gaining mass is not use alot of weights, you only use more weights if you get used to used to the weights you're working with currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    get a stability ball. Stability static workouts help out a lot more in gaining strength and building muscle over lifting weights.

If you want a good chest and core, go with static push ups, static crunches with weights (as long as you're able to pull off a full body crunch with a good lever and weight resistance to get the full core), dips, bench presses and dead lifts. 3-4 sets of 6-10 reps each. start with light weights and build up. don't overexert yourself. the trick to gaining mass is not use alot of weights, you only use more weights if you get used to used to the weights you're working with currently.
    Thanks for the help! I'm going to start these workouts tomorrow. Can't wait! :P

Credit for this banner goes to Rikku Takanashi

Credit for this banner goes to Chapter of Charizard

I have such a ball. I Always use it as a skippy ball

I don't need a gym to get in shape. I run everyday and I eat healthy meals. I lost a lot of weight doing just that.

He Will Be Loved l Sig By Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Demon View Post
    I use bodybuilding.com to help me out with exercising. They have motivational transformations & everything they talk about is all facts.
    It's a good website. It's helped me out a lot, I've learned a lot of different exercises there.
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

I run 5 Times in a week and visit gym 1 time in a week running is what i am good at i run 10 km in 42 minuus at my best

Sorry minutes

Quote Originally Posted by digletman View Post
    I run 5 Times in a week and visit gym 1 time in a week running is what i am good at i run 10 km in 42 minuus at my best
    that's pretty good. currently i do a fair amount of cross country running and cycling. i also do a bit of martial arts. i am also considering going to a gym, but i am not to sure if i should.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Exercise is really good I have gone to the gym for 2 years and about the winter I actually took it seriously and it honestly feels really good for the dopamine that is released during it but the best exercise for health is running.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567