Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2EN-1: Return to Juniper's Laboratory [FIRST POST UPDATED IN 01/15]

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I have already heard complaints from people that N and Colress are not as complex as their game personas. Does anyone else feel this way? I have heard N is not awkward enough and that Colress is coming off as a generic evil scientist.
    It might be too early to say, but I would say yes.

N so far comes across as creepy, but he introduced himself to the trio with ease. Colress seems like a generic evil scientist because of his introduction plot. He never controlled the minds of Pokemon in the games and there doesn't seem to be a reason for doing it.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Maybe they think he'd scare the kids if they made him like he was in the games.
    With that, all my hopes for the anime to recreate the Giant Chasm cave scene in BW2 are lost.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    With that, all my hopes for the anime to recreate the Giant Chasm cave scene in BW2 are lost.
    Maybe if they have Colress have a boss fantasy about Ghetsis he wouldn't seem so scary

Maybe they think he'd scare the kids if they made him like he was in the games.
    But that was the best part about him. D: His insanity was amazing.

Maybe if they have Colress have a boss fantasy about Ghetsis he wouldn't seem so scary
    *Dies of laughter imagining Colress picture Ghetsis in nothing but a speedo*

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    They better make him as insane as possible because from the look of the trailer we saw in he is starting to remind me of the other leaders of the villains and he is so much more insane than that.

Nonomi pokemon. tepig. pidove. tynamo. boldore. beartic. excadrill

I have already heard complaints from people that N and Colress are not as complex as their game personas. Does anyone else feel this way? I have heard N is not awkward enough and that Colress is coming off as a generic evil scientist.
    N has that staring at Ash thing going on, but really none of the villians in this show where terribly interesting tbqh.

We should get a voice cast list for this episode tomorrow right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    At this point, I can't imagine Ash or the others being surprised at TR's failed attempts to steal Pikachu. So it's probably not a dramatic experience for them; just a slight irritation.

But anyway, we've seen better start-of-arc episodes in the past, so the writers have no excuse here. They're just slacking off. I wish Ash had returned to Pallet Town. At least that would have been interesting instead of this Johto-esque episode about a brand new trainer that will probably have little to do with Episode N's plot.
    Woooow! Hold on! We haven't even seen the episode, yet, you're jumping to conclusions such as 'we've seen better', 'no excuse', 'Johto-esque', 'they're just slacking off', 'little to do with the plot'..

Good sir, we had a 'new journey'-episode in every series to date. It isn't a Johto-esque thing, if anything, it seems AG/DP'ish. If Ash returned to Pallet, then that would've made for an interesting one or two episodes, but then boredom would set in, also known as the BF-filler episodes.

You can't say that we've seen better, because we haven't seen this episode yet. 'No excuse' seems even more contrived.. As a writer, you always begin little and build up, if Team Rocket being back isn't enough, then take it as a sign of things that might come..

Take Skyfall for instance, it begins with Bond chasing an assassin over a disc with undercover operatives names. It doesn't immediately throw you in the middle of the plot, but takes a small part which one can then go delve into the mystery of the story. You screaming 'no excuse' and 'slacking' is just immature impatience really..

And remember, they're probably also trying to take Nonomi's starter as well.. It's going to be traumatic for her at the least.. Considering how mentally unstable she appears to be..

I'm surprised that people have seen all the episodes in which their personalities will no doubt be delved into a bit and based good opinions on those.. OH WAIT!

Colress IS a generic evil scientist.. Looking for what draws out power out of pokemon, no matter the consequences.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    It might be too early to say, but I would say yes.

N so far comes across as creepy, but he introduced himself to the trio with ease. Colress seems like a generic evil scientist because of his introduction plot. He never controlled the minds of Pokemon in the games and there doesn't seem to be a reason for doing it.
    Creepy? He's polite, shakes Ash's hand, saves Snivy and Axew, thinks something is wrong with a busted up laboratory. The only thing that is odd about him is that he casually walked up to a flaming dragon wearing a cape, which he was brainwashed to do anyway.. Nothing we've seen says that N is creepy, not in the least.

Colress is just a generic evil scientist.. Willing to do anything, or join any group of merry men as long as he can go along with his experiments on trying to find out what brings the real 'power' out of pokemon.. That's what he does!!! Seeing four pokemon with those power-enhancers on their heads fits his research to a T! Never controlled the minds of pokemon in the games? Then why did Kyurem obey his orders?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Wow.. We still had them kill off J in her giant space ship.. They can easily do that with the Plasma Frigate.. Have it crash in the Giant Chasm, have N use Reshiram, have him fail, have Kyurem swallow the Light Orb, become White Kyurem and have Zekrom swoop in and beat it. No need for a cave.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Must've been me, but I really didn't think Ghetsis was entertaining at all in B2W2.. Tacky and boring.. I had a feeling as if he was just there.. I beat Colress, and I get some crappy line about where the warp panel on the other side of Kyurem might take me? And it's Ghetsis? Big whoop... Didn't even want to fight me, Shadow Triad show up, and it isn't even a triple battle.. Then there's the Chasm scene.. Nice cutscene, weak battle.. Can't even remember what most of his team was: Cofagrigus, Hydreigon, Seismitoad, ?

They better make him as insane as possible because from the look of the trailer we saw in he is starting to remind me of the other leaders of the villains and he is so much more insane than that.
    We saw him in one shot that didn't even show him in person, and we're judging all this off that? Wow..
    Last edited by Locormus; 7th January 2013 at 3:26 AM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post

We saw him in one shot that didn't even show him in person, and we're judging all this off that? Wow..
    I don't think they are worried about him because of that one scene. People on here are smarter than that. But I think because in the past, most of the interesting villains were turned into generic and underdeveloped versions of their game counterparts (See:Team Galactic), people are worried. That's understandable so I don't see the problem :/

And about people complaining before the episodes even air. Are you new here? This has always been going on. Colress IS a complex character in the game and he is a MASSIVE fan favorite as is N. They want the writers to represent them as good as possible.

I don't think they are worried about him because of that one scene. People on here are smarter than that. But I think because in the past, most of the interesting villains were turned into generic and underdeveloped versions of their game counterparts (See:Team Galactic), people are worried. That's understandable so I don't see the problem :/

And about people complaining before the episodes even air. Are you new here? This has always been going on. Colress IS a complex character in the game and he is a MASSIVE fan favorite as is N. They want the writers to represent them as good as possible.
    You're worried if you're doing it on a well constructed basis for doing so. We have a term for the reason your putting forth here. It's called PARANOIA...

Fancy words don't make Colress interesting.. Just a guy looking to see how pokemon can get as powerful as they can, and he will research it by any means. It makes him a generic evil scientist, at least not a scientist with a sense of ethics.. His ethics are screwed, hence he is bad...
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    You're worried if you're doing it on a well constructed basis for doing so. We have a term for the reason your putting forth here. It's called PARANOIA...

Fancy words don't make Colress interesting.. Just a guy looking to see how pokemon can get as powerful as they can, and he will research it by any means. It makes him a generic evil scientist, at least not a scientist with a sense of ethics.. His ethics are screwed, hence he is bad...
    Well, I'm not worried and more optimistic than most people on here so I hope that wasn't directed at me. Team Galactic may have been boring (well, they were entertaining for Pokémon villains) but you get what I mean. That doesn't mean Plasma will be awful though. BW did a lot of cool things and their handling of their villains was one of their finest.

You really don't like Colress do you? XD I actually think he is a cool character. But yeah, I have seen people say that Colress is not really a villain. Those people are clearly clueless.

I also think that's anything new but I'm also posting here:

1/17「アララギ研究所!新たなる旅立ち!!」
    研究所に着き、アララギ博士たちにイッシュリーグの報告を終えたサトシたち。
    一行は後からやってきた新人トレーナーのノノミを交え、タッグバトルを開始する。

Animation staff:
    Screenplay: 武上純希 Junki Takegami
    Storyboard: 古賀一臣 Kazuomi Koga
    Assistant director: 古賀一臣 Kazuomi Koga
    Animation director: 案浦達哉 Tatsuya Annoura
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 7th January 2013 at 4:40 PM.

Any word on a cast list for the episode?
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Venusaur Master View Post
    Any word on a cast list for the episode?
    bit early yet. Tuesday/Wednesday normally

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    I also think that's anything new but I'm also posting here:

1/17「アララギ研究所!新たなる旅立ち!!」
    研究所に着き、アララギ博士たちにイッシュリーグの報告を終えたサトシたち。
    一行は後からやってきた新人トレーナーのノノミを交え、タッグバトルを開始する。
    Google Translate translated (not the best, sorry) it and it's says "Tag Battle"...
    "Journey Institute Araragi! Aratanaru!" 1/17
    Satoshi and his friends arrive to the laboratory, finished the league in their report of Dr. Araragi Pradesh.
    Sprinkled with Nonomi, a rookie trainer who came later, the party will begin Tag Battle."

And here's the translation of a Japanese Translator.
    "Araragi Institute! New journey! Ash and friends finished Isshu League report Araragi who arrived at the Institute. The party came from rookie trainer ノノミ (Nonomi), to start a tag battle."

So, there will be a tag battle ? Maybe Professor Juniper will help out Nonomi since she's just a beginner.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 7th January 2013 at 7:22 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Meh Satoshi and Nonomi vs Dent and Iris.

Scraggy, Tepig vs Axew and Pansage

Are you google translating aka misleading us like in the looker thread or did you actually translate it rigth? I don't meant to be rude btw.

Edit: Google translate...don't say "I translate" if you are using Google translate.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 7th January 2013 at 7:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Meh Satoshi and Nonomi vs Dent and Iris.

Scraggy, Tepig vs Axew and Pansage

Are you google translating aka misleading us like in the looker thread or did you actually translate it rigth? I don't meant to be rude btw.
    I'm goolge translating but he's not that bad ;_;
    Edit : Maybe there is someone who can translate it carefully to be sure ? Oh sorry, I didn't realized ! Here, edited. ^^'
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 7th January 2013 at 7:17 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

So Ash's Scaggy going to be in this episode?

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    I think Pepsi_Plunge was making a prediction. But it's possible too !
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

we dont know yet. the va lust will be released in a day or 2, we will know more then

Please read the post, don't look at 2 names and a vs and read only that.

Hopefully all his pokemon appear since he is at the lab.

This would be Iris's first double battle/tag battle. I hope she uses Axew and wins using Giga Impact.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    This would be Iris's first double battle/tag battle. I hope she uses Axew and wins using Giga Impact.
    I hope too, it's been a while since Iris battles with Axew. Outrage and Giga Impact must be used again...
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast