Thread: Was anyone really disappointed with "Season 2" of Best Wishes?

Default Was anyone really disappointed with "Season 2" of Best Wishes?

Best Wishes were split into three parts, "Season 1," then, "Season 2," and now, "Episode N." Since Season 2 just recently ended, anyone else find that to be the weakest portion so far?

Now that Season 2 has ended, does anyone else feel like it was really mishandled? Let's take a look:

- Dawn's cameo felt pointless and added nothing really. Dawn could have come back for something more interesting for her token cameo.

- The Junior Cup was awful, and consisted of nothing more than Trip glorification and Dragonite glorification, but at least Ash took it down with his Krok. Making Trip up to be such a threat when his role in the league was minor was ridiculous.

- Kotetsu was probably the worst handled rival in the entire saga, which is mind blowing when you think about it.

- Virgil and his Eevees were COMPLETELY pointless.

- The Unova league itself is almost entirely agreed upon to be the worst league of the entire series

- A lot of the fillers from around that time weren't memorable, the Marlon Gym was also badly written.

I can't help but think that "Season 2" of Best Wishes was the weakest of this saga, and the worst portion of the anime in a long time. Thankfully episode N looks a hell of a lot better.
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 17th January 2013 at 5:51 AM.

Inb4badUnovaLeague

Cyber, for once I agree with you, BW2 was terrible. And that's saying something, considering BW1 was pretty bad.

Come to think of it the only really good part was the Giovanni and Kami trio 2-parter. Everything else was a mess.

The Unova battles were quite rushed at most parts like Cameron's Hydreigon and Pikachu vs Samurott/Swanna.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Dawn's cameo felt pointless and added nothing really. Dawn could have come back for something more interesting for her token cameo.
    Why? Misty's cameo added nothing (unless you count getting rid of Togepi, which was just doing something that should've been done long ago), and neither did May's presence add anything to the Wallace Cup. Why should Dawn get special treatmenet and play a pivotal role? Her cameo was always to be just that: a cameo. Nothing more.

The Junior Cup was awful, and consisted of nothing more than Trip glorification and Dragonite glorification, but at least Ash took it down with his Krok. Making Trip up to be such a threat when his role in the league was minor was ridiculous.
    "Glorification" is a very stupid, overused term in this fandom. Also, the Junior Cup wasn't about making Trip a threat so much as wrapping up his character development. That could have been done better, but it was done nonetheless so the Junior Cup served it's chief purpose. The minor role in the League is a completely different subject.

Kotetsu was probably the worst handled rival in the entire saga, which is mind blowing when you think about it.
    OK, I'll give you that.

Virgil and his Eevees were COMPLETELY pointless.
    No more so than Tyson and Tobias. This isn't unique to Best Wishes.

The Unova league itself is almost entirely agreed upon to be the worst league of the entire series
    I think it's the worst league too, but people will always have different opinions, NOTHING is "entirely agreed upon".

I can't help but think that "Season 2" of Best Wishes was the weakest of this saga, and the worst portion of the anime in a long time.
    Oh come ON, Cyber. That is hyperbole and you know it.

Ya this is nothing but a bashing thread

*Locked*

Until the End