Best Wishes were split into three parts, "Season 1," then, "Season 2," and now, "Episode N." Since Season 2 just recently ended, anyone else find that to be the weakest portion so far?
Now that Season 2 has ended, does anyone else feel like it was really mishandled? Let's take a look:
- Dawn's cameo felt pointless and added nothing really. Dawn could have come back for something more interesting for her token cameo.
- The Junior Cup was awful, and consisted of nothing more than Trip glorification and Dragonite glorification, but at least Ash took it down with his Krok. Making Trip up to be such a threat when his role in the league was minor was ridiculous.
- Kotetsu was probably the worst handled rival in the entire saga, which is mind blowing when you think about it.
- Virgil and his Eevees were COMPLETELY pointless.
- The Unova league itself is almost entirely agreed upon to be the worst league of the entire series
- A lot of the fillers from around that time weren't memorable, the Marlon Gym was also badly written.
I can't help but think that "Season 2" of Best Wishes was the weakest of this saga, and the worst portion of the anime in a long time. Thankfully episode N looks a hell of a lot better.