Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
The ratings are the greatest indicator of what a good/bad episode is. For example, if an episode looks good in the previews, most kids will watch it and said episode will receive good ratings as a result. But if an episode looks bad, most kids won't watch it and the ratings for that episode will be bad. I'm just waiting to see how kids will react to this episode. There's a lot of hype around it since it's the start of a new arc, but I doubt kids are going to overlook the glaringly obvious flaws that it has the fact that it takes place in Unova instead of Kanto is the biggest flaw.
I don't know why on earth you would want it to take place in Kanto. There are still areas in Unova Ash hasn't been to. Reshiram and Zekrom are exclusive to Unova and why on earth would Team Plasma travel to Kanto when they are a Unova based organization anyway?

I doubt young kids would ever judge an episode by a trailer. Most kids watch Pokémon because it's Pokémon and the reasons it did poorly in the ratings could be a number of things. A lot of people reacted positively to Shamus and the episode in general.