Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2EN-1: Return to Juniper's Laboratory [FIRST POST UPDATED IN 01/15]

I think, in the first preview, we learn about the new opening, isn't ? It seems to be the "Be an Arrow!" song in background.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Clearly Nothing. Unless you know what was happening that week you can't say there was something wrong with the episode. For all we know there was something huge on another channel that impacted ratings.
    Regardless of what may or may not have aired on another network, I think it's pretty obvious that the episode flopped hard even for Golden Week. Clearly kids didn't want to see another repetitive episode about an abandoned Fire Starter's struggle to defeat its former trainer. We have receipts that prove it was a bad episode. If we can't trust the ratings, what can we trust? :c

And if I may be so bold: I think this episode will suffer a similar fate. It's the first episode of the new arc, but it already looks reductive. We have Cedric Juniper who really isn't that interesting, then there's the character of the day who seems really average. Professor Juniper isn't a breath of fresh air either, and Team Rocket's antics will be the straw that broke the camel's back. It's like I said before, this is a really weak episode. The N arc seemed so promising but this episode just isn't making me excited for it any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Regardless of what may or may not have aired on another network, I think it's pretty obvious that the episode flopped hard even for Golden Week. Clearly kids didn't want to see another repetitive episode about an abandoned Fire Starter's struggle to defeat its former trainer. We have receipts that prove it was a bad episode. If we can't trust the ratings, what can we trust? :c

And if I may be so bold: I think this episode will suffer a similar fate. It's the first episode of the new arc, but it already looks reductive. We have Cedric Juniper who really isn't that interesting, then there's the character of the day who seems really average. Professor Juniper isn't a breath of fresh air either, and Team Rocket's antics will be the straw that broke the camel's back. It's like I said before, this is a really weak episode. The N arc seemed so promising but this episode just isn't making me excited for it any more.
    So if an episode gets bad ratings it's a bad episode. What kind of logic is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    So if an episode gets bad ratings it's a bad episode. What kind of logic is that?
    Ciccone logic.

Yes cuz so many of the episodes that got better rating were good episodes *rolls eyes*
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

And I am going to have to disagree that Cedric is not an interesting characters and that Juniper isn't a breath of fresh air. I think they are both great characters and I think after this League, the ratings will go up. And we know that TR will start being competent once the Colress episodes air.

The ratings are the greatest indicator of what a good/bad episode is. For example, if an episode looks good in the previews, most kids will watch it and said episode will receive good ratings as a result. But if an episode looks bad, most kids won't watch it and the ratings for that episode will be bad. I'm just waiting to see how kids will react to this episode. There's a lot of hype around it since it's the start of a new arc, but I doubt kids are going to overlook the glaringly obvious flaws that it has the fact that it takes place in Unova instead of Kanto is the biggest flaw.

And I am going to have to disagree that Cedric is not an interesting characters and that Juniper isn't a breath of fresh air. I think they are both great characters and I think after this League, the ratings will go up. And we know that TR will start being competent once the Colress episodes air.
    Juniper's a female professor from the main series games
    Cedric is a second professor for the region.

I don't get how anyone could think they're not breaths of fresh air.

Ratings prove nothing.

Let me give you an example

When the Olympics were on in the Uk. last year it was a huge deal and most families I know watched a lot of it. This caused ratings on other channels to drop. Does that automatically mean the episodes on those channels were bad?

Unless we know what else was on when that episode aired we cant say the low ratings were because it was a bad episode

The ratings are the greatest indicator of what a good/bad episode is. For example, if an episode looks good in the previews, most kids will watch it and said episode will receive good ratings as a result. But if an episode looks bad, most kids won't watch it and the ratings for that episode will be bad. I'm just waiting to see how kids will react to this episode. There's a lot of hype around it since it's the start of a new arc, but I doubt kids are going to overlook the glaringly obvious flaws that it has the fact that it takes place in Unova instead of Kanto is the biggest flaw.
    LOLOLOLOLOL Their have been so many bad previews this region so your logic is flawed.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I don't know why on earth you would want it to take place in Kanto. There are still areas in Unova Ash hasn't been to. Reshiram and Zekrom are exclusive to Unova and why on earth would Team Plasma travel to Kanto when they are a Unova based organization anyway?

I doubt young kids would ever judge an episode by a trailer. Most kids watch Pokémon because it's Pokémon and the reasons it did poorly in the ratings could be a number of things. A lot of people reacted positively to Shamus and the episode in general.

Not true in the slightest, in fact most ratings are random and have nothing to do with the actual content of the episode itself and usual are high or low on circumstance. Typical fillers episodes have gotten higher ratings than Gym Battles, simply because of the fact that when it comes to viewers for a childrens' show like Pokemon unless the show is being advertised specifically for an event, like BW2, the ratings are never impacted by the likes of the stuff of the episode itself. Most being simply sporadic.

Golden Week, but all the other Golden Week episodes still got moderate ratings compared to the Tepig episode, so clearly there was something wrong with that episode.
    I'm sorry, but where are you getting this information?

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Not true in the slightest, in fact most ratings are random and have nothing to do with the actual content of the episode itself and usual are high or low on circumstance. Typical fillers episodes have gotten higher ratings than Gym Battles, simply because of the fact that when it comes to viewers for a childrens' show like Pokemon unless the show is being advertised specifically for an event, like BW2, the ratings are never impacted by the likes of the stuff of the episode itself. Most being simply sporadic.
    Weren't the Operation Tempest episodes more highly rated than usual?

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Weren't the Operation Tempest episodes more highly rated than usual?
    I think that's because they had several weeks of hype and were more of a special than regular episodes of Pokémon. The Subway mission also got higher ratings than usual and that's probably because that was a special as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    I think, in the first preview, we learn about the new opening, isn't ? It seems to be the "Be an Arrow!" song in background.
    Looks/sounds like it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they're reusing the same song.

What else is going on in that preview? Did Cedric discover the Ruins or Reshiram or what?

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Why wouldn't it... the hype was more impressive then the result. Not to mention the game somehow had a better story then the show
    Is there a season in the series that had a better story than their respective game?

The way I see it... the league is pretty much the defining point of a season. If you have lousy episodes leading up to an even lousier league... then your a failure of a saga
    I personally don´t give a crap about Ash, I´m here for the compannions
    Last edited by Encyclopika; 13th January 2013 at 5:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Is there a season in the series that had a better story than their respective game?

Only if you are an Ashlieber, I personally don´t give a crap about Ash, I´m here for the compannions
    And yet every time Brock is mentioned u attack away lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Only if you are an Ashlieber, I personally don´t give a crap about Ash, I´m here for the compannions
    Why do you even watch the show then? The whole thing is made to revolve around Ash
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Why do you even watch the show then? The whole thing is made to revolve around Ash
    *ahem*

In AG I went into "Critical Analysis of Side Main Character Interactions With Green-haired Men" I do the same for BW. :P

Though I'm sure Squirtle_007's in a different class than I am lol.

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    *ahem*

In AG I went into "Critical Analysis of Side Main Character Interactions With Green-haired Men" I do the same for BW. :P

Though I'm sure Squirtle_007's in a different class than I am lol.
    Well you like all characters to my knowledge :3
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

This is waaaaaay off topic, but I've been dieing to know this; why are adults waaaay taller than Ash and co?

Anyways, I hope Oshawott or Snivy battle here since they didn't get a single on screen win at the Pokemon League.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    This is waaaaaay off topic, but I've been dieing to know this; why are adults waaaay taller than Ash and co?

Anyways, I hope Oshawott or Snivy battle here since they didn't get a single on screen win at the Pokemon League.
    Were you tall when you were 10?

We know Snivy's in the next episode... but only to play "Stop Team Rocket from stealing Pikachu" with Vine Whip. Same can be said for Unfezant, but with Air Cutter instead

Is the VA list out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Is the VA list out yet?
    I think we're not getting it... something about being a special episode

Were you tall when you were 10?

We know Snivy's in the next episode... but only to play "Stop Team Rocket from stealing Pikachu" with Vine Whip. Same can be said for Unfezant, but with Air Cutter instead
    I wasn't THAT short. They look like midgets compared to some adult characters...They've improved in BW but in some of the past series adults were way too tall looking. Not that I mind.

Hopefully they don't get pwned by Frillish and Amoonguss.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast