Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2EN-2: Friend'...His Name is N! [FIRST POST UPDATED 01/15]

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I have to agree in a way. I think fangirls overhype N sometimes, N and Team Plasma are my favorite antagonist of the whole franchise however. Story wise N really isn't anything without Team Plasma, which is why I'm glad they're having TP appear as well. The new rival from BW2, Hugh, definitely was a bit generic and bland and his modus operandi was just boring, the whole Chroneko thing wasn't really interesting. N has a nice design, but it's nothing if he isn't interesting in the anime. Not that I'm saying that, but still I hope he's portrayed exceptionally. I'm positive Cheren would have had a million fangirls fawning over him if he was a bishounen, regardless he will seemingly have personality and a nice plot with being his BW2 self so I'm happy about his appearance regardless. I hope N is portrayed nicely as well.

I always did think Shooti was a Cheren stand-in, just like Shinji was a Silver stand-in.
    They are my favourites too but I know how to diferentiate things.

I think Shooti took Cheren story, Shinji had nothing to do with Silver though, not story, not personality, not the design.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 3rd January 2013 at 1:30 PM.

Are we sure Ash is battling N? For all we know Ash could be battling someone else with Pika and N could be watching

There's a fact: N is very loved. He has more fans than any anti-hero or villain in the pokemon franchise ever got. The fangirls usually only give a damn to the protagonists or certain gym leaders. He broke the rule and for the first time a villainous team got proper attention...because he was there.

I'm not going to lie, I like him. But it's a generic like, not a fangirl love. I'm glad to see him in a season named after him, but he is not my favorite character. I used to like him more, but perhaps he just got too much attention just because he's hot and I grew tired of that. To be blunt, I like the Shadow Triad much more.

People tend to like characters just because of their looks. Indeed, it helps but it's not everything. There's fugly characters around but they are excellent. Cheren in BW had a nice development but people hated him because he is a nerd. In BW2 he turned handsome and people started to love him JUST because of that. Period. Like Colress, people like him cuz of his crazy hair. Or the Subway Masters, he did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING compared with others characters and yet they are overrated like hell just....because of their outfits and being twins, nothing else. We don't even know their personalities.

Well this N from Best Wishes seems based from his self of BW2 where he became more open minded. Perhaps people think of him more boring because his role in the sequels is very brief and we never learned what exactly he did during these two years of absence. But ya know, sequels are VERY difficult to make cuz it's hard to meet the expectations from the prequel. That's why many times sequels end up poorer, for the most opinion of the fandom I mean.

I agree with Hugh was kinda of irritating for not getting development at all and bragging always for the same stuff. Yet...fangirls love him cuz he's....dunno, cute? XD
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

Quote Originally Posted by knux-the-killer View Post
    There's fugly characters around but they are excellent. Cheren in BW had a nice development but people hated him because he is a nerd. In BW2 he turned handsome and people started to love him JUST because of that. Period.
    I liked Cheren's development (as anyone who's beaten the Elite Four can relate to) and his B/W look... didn't care for his B2/W2 look...
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Having glasses = Nerd.

Oh and lets not forgot that most people around here probably fit that bill better then Cheren.

Has anyone translated any of what was said during the 5min preview?
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Why do I find Iris and Axew yonks more bearable when they speak Japanese?
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Because the Japanese voices are both better and fits more well. ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Pokemon battle on boat

Because you just hear high pitched squeaking.

My body is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    My body is ready.
    What... The... F.....

Seriously, this made me more creeped out then when I saw what the starter choices were for Pokemon Black - Palace Edition #1: Weedle, Caterpie and Bellsprout! :S
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    What... The... F.....

Seriously, this made me more creeped out then when I saw what the starter choices were for Pokemon Black - Palace Edition #1: Weedle, Caterpie and Bellsprout! :S
    Its a common phrase to say "I'm excited for this!"

Because japanese voice actors know what they're doing. If only PUSA put more effort into the dub-_-

I actually don't think Iris and Axew's dub voices are bad. I could see why people would find Iris' voice annoying but the thing about her voice that I like is she actually sounds like a little girl which is what she is. Look at Paul for example. The dude's voice was good for an adult but for an 11 (or was it 10?) year old, it's way too deep.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Because japanese voice actors know what they're doing. If only PUSA put more effort into the dub-_-
    And you know to most of us here all we hear is random gibberish interspersed with tidbits of repeated dialogue picked up from lots of practice watching subbed anime and the engrish moves. Like WARUVIAL! STONE EDGEO!

I'm not ready

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I actually don't think Iris and Axew's dub voices are bad. I could see why people would find Iris' voice annoying but the thing about her voice that I like is she actually sounds like a little girl which is what she is. Look at Paul for example. The dude's voice was good for an adult but for an 11 (or was it 10?) year old, it's way too deep.
    PUSA is always messing up with the voice acting. There's a reason why Ash sounds more mature in Japanese than he does in the dub, it's because PUSA doesn't care for quality. You can take an emotional Japanese scene and expect PUSA to reason it with their voice acting and removal of background music.

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    I'm not ready
    You better get ready then because it's coming!

PUSA is always messing up with the voice acting. There's a reason why Ash sounds more mature in Japanese than he does in the dub, it's because PUSA doesn't care for quality. You can take an emotional Japanese scene and expect PUSA to reason it with their voice acting and removal of background music.
    I think they are actually decent in BW. I get the complaints with the beginning of Battle Frontier and even DP (Barry sounds awful) but I like the BW voices. Maybe that's just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Its a common phrase to say "I'm excited for this!"
    Say what? Well that's new to me.. I know some pretty horny virgins that would interpret that sentence very differently.. Poor, poor Skippy.. -.-
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Say what? Well that's new to me.. I know some pretty horny virgins that would interpret that sentence very differently.. Poor, poor Skippy.. -.-
        Spoiler:

That's the correct pokemon way to say it

I wonder if N will finally show Klang, I mean he does have a klinklang in the games...

I didn't know sleepwalking through your role three quarters of the time if not more qualifies as knowing what you're doing.

Watch the dub of the Victini movies and tell me no effort was put into that.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    I didn't know sleepwalking through your role three quarters of the time if not more qualifies as knowing what you're doing.

Watch the dub of the Victini movies and tell me no effort was put into that.
    You just described PUSA's voicing acting. And btw, I said 'more effort'.

You just described PUSA's voicing acting. And btw, I said 'more effort'.
    Again, watch the dub of the Victini movies.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast