Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2EN-2: Friend'...His Name is N! [FIRST POST UPDATED 01/15]

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Again, watch the dub of the Victini movies.
    I already have and I was more impressed with the Japanese animation than the Dub's voice acting. It wasn't bad, but nothing to jump for.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    My body is ready.
    ???? Ready for????

Iris and Axew's dubbed VAs aren't that badXD
    In my opinion they aren't HA. After the league episode, we should be getting more previews on this episode, yes?
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    ???? Ready for????
    Episode N of course

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Episode N of course
    Whats N got to do with peoples bodys thoughXD
    N is going to cause fan girls to stay tuned making ratings go up, YAYz.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Whats N got to do with peoples bodys thoughXD
    N is going to cause fan girls to stay tuned making ratings go up, YAYz.
    My body is ready is another way of saying that you are excited about something.

My body is ready is another way of saying that you are excited about something.
    How did Best Wishes 2 do in the ratings for Japan? Japan did so much for that arc when it was starting, just curious.

How did Best Wishes 2 do in the ratings for Japan? Japan did so much for that arc when it was starting, just curious.
    They did okay. Not as good as they did in early BW. The episodes in BW2 got between 4 million and 6 million viewers each week.

They did okay. Not as good as they did in early BW. The episodes in BW2 got between 4 million and 6 million viewers each week.
    That's dreadful to be honest. But I think Episode N will really bring in the ratings. I mean it has N, who is like the most popular character from Black/White. Episode N cannot possibly fail in terms of ratings, but the quality of the episodes is what worries me the most. Just look at this one; it looks like it'll be boring and quite honestly, reductive. N's the only good part about all of this. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    That's dreadful to be honest. But I think Episode N will really bring in the ratings. I mean it has N, who is like the most popular character from Black/White. Episode N cannot possibly fail in terms of ratings, but the quality of the episodes is what worries me the most. Just look at this one; it looks like it'll be boring and quite honestly, reductive. N's the only good part about all of this. :x
    It might be bad for Pokémon but doesn't it end up in the Top 10 highest rated anime shows each week?

I know right? It did so much for Best Wishes 2, worse ratings than before? Wow. N arc should be another jump start for the series for sure, like you said has so many fans.

Pokemaniac24 thats what I heard any ways.

I know right? It did so much for Best Wishes 2, worse ratings than before? Wow. N arc should be another jump start for the series for sure, like you said has so many fans.

Pokemaniac24 thats what I heard any ways.
    To be fair though, Pokémon always has better ratings at the start of a series and then the ratings go down after awhile. I personally liked BW2 with the exception of the League. I thought the Junior Cup arc and Operation Tempest were both good arcs but maybe that's just me.

To be fair though, Pokémon always has better ratings at the start of a series and then the ratings go down after awhile. I personally liked BW2 with the exception of the League. I thought the Junior Cup arc and Operation Tempest were both good arcs but maybe that's just me.
    Did that happen with AG and D/P series? I think the D/P league had some good ratings, I know many were looking forward to the Ash V.S Paul fight and Barry, of course seeing some of his older Pokemon in some fights, they went all out with that one. I thought the Operation Tempest arc was the best of BW2 series so far, didn't like Junior cup that much.

I'm going to agree with the previous people that said PUSA doesn't show much effort with their voice acting.
    Some people will agree with me
    Some won't
    Then I will say 4Kids did an amazing job
    The ones who agreed with me will call me a Genwunner.
    I will be all alone after that.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

>Iˇll post the next of the new summary, courtesy by Animage.

1/24「トモダチ…その名はN!」
    旅の途中でサトシたちはNという青年と出会う。ポケモンの心の声が聞こえるというNはポケモンを「トモダチ 」と
    呼び、ポケモンと人間の関係性について語る。

Animation Staff:
    Screenplay: 米村正二 Shōji Yonemura
    Storyboard: 矢嶋哲生 Tetsuo Yajima
    Assistant director: 矢嶋哲生 Tetsuo Yajima
    Animation director: 志村泉 Izumi Shimura
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 7th January 2013 at 3:42 PM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Well, this looks cool I suppose. Lol, we've already seen Ash and Pikachu meeting N from the sneak peak. It looks more like N noticed Ash and Pikachu's bond so just decided to stare/stalk them for a while. XD

Other than that, they met exactly the way I would imagine. The ship looks really cool, besides Team Rocket crashing, in do we know if they'll show any other battles?

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    I can't see it for some reason, can you tell me what it says please?

I can't see it for some reason, can you tell me what it says please?
    It links to the Episode N preview, also seen in the Colress/Looker thread, which the preview largely focuses on.
    {Insert signature here}

Reductive? Really? We haven't seen it yet..

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    I'm going to agree with the previous people that said PUSA doesn't show much effort with their voice acting.
    Some won't
    True.. -.-
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    Some won't
    I happen to agree with you on both accounts. The voice acting seems worse to me as well in PUSA than the JPN version, and it's also worse in PUSA than it was in 4Kids (I think the dub itself has gotten worse besides the voices though since 4Kids lost the license). So yeah, you're not alone.

Although I really think PUSA/TPCi's biggest problem nowadays is their dub music and their intros. Of course, the VAs are worse than their predecessors to me, but there's only about three intros of their seven I can actually say I like and sing to ("Battle Dimension," "Galactic Battles," and "Black and White"). The others ones send shivers down my spine.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    PUSA is always messing up with the voice acting. There's a reason why Ash sounds more mature in Japanese than he does in the dub, it's because PUSA doesn't care for quality. You can take an emotional Japanese scene and expect PUSA to ruin it with their voice acting and removal of background music.
    Both 4Kids and TPCi replace the background music, true, but the 4Kids scores seemed to match the context of the original more than TPCi's have in my opinion. Yet at the same time, TPCi keeps more of the original Japanese score than 4Kids did.

Replacement Dub Music and Dub Intros = 4Kids
    More Retention of Original Japanese Music = TPCi
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 13th January 2013 at 7:04 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    I happen to agree with you on both accounts. The voice acting seems worse to me as well in PUSA than the JPN version, and it's also worse in PUSA than it was in 4Kids (I think the dub itself has gotten worse besides the voices though since 4Kids lost the license). So yeah, you're not alone.

Although I really think PUSA/TPCi's biggest problem nowadays is their dub music and their intros. Of course, the VAs are worse than their predecessors to me, but there's only about three intros of their seven I can actually say I like and sing to ("Battle Dimension," "Galactic Battles," and "Black and White"). The others ones send shivers down my spine.

Both 4Kids and TPCi replace the background music, true, but the 4Kids scores seemed to match the context of the original more than TPCi's have in my opinion. Yet at the same time, TPCi keeps more of the original Japanese score than 4Kids did.

Replacement Dub Music and Dub Intros = 4Kids
    More Retention of Original Japanese Music = TPCi
    All the English openings send shivers down my spine, that's why I change channels until the opening is finsihed. Tbh JP songs are more catchy, love High Touch :3

On topic: Can anyone tell me what happens in this episode? I know it's N debut episode... and TR is appearing... that's it for the entire 22 minutes?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    All the English openings send shivers down my spine, that's why I change channels until the opening is finsihed. Tbh JP songs are more catchy, love High Touch :3

On topic: Can anyone tell me what happens in this episode? I know it's N debut episode... and TR is appearing... that's it for the entire 22 minutes?
    They're probably gonna tell N's backstory and more about Tr and even more about what Ash is gonna do afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post

lol. haha.

That's about it, more or less, from the looks of things.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    They're probably gonna tell N's backstory and more about Tr and even more about what Ash is gonna do afterwards
    That'll probably end the ep as well.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

It'll be good once this episode airs. It feels like we've been bombarded with the same scenes from this episode for the last month over and over. Im glad they started showing things from further on,last thursday
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast